Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems like PL has lost the fans 19:36 - Feb 14 with 4743 viewsnoggin

The club is fooked isn't it?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 19:44 - Feb 14 with 4454 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don’t confuse a few whinging wazzocks on here (you and me excepted of course ) with the fanbase in general:

SAR upper sold out for tomorrow by Bobbychase 14 Feb 2020 16:00
What's going on?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 19:54 - Feb 14 with 4411 viewsnoggin

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 19:44 - Feb 14 by Swansea_Blue

Don’t confuse a few whinging wazzocks on here (you and me excepted of course ) with the fanbase in general:

What's going on?

Free tickets?

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 20:16 - Feb 14 with 4355 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It matters little whether he has the fans at any moment of time. Were we to go on a run and get back into the top two the majority of fans would soon change their minds again.

What is more problematic to the club is us not getting promoted which is very much on the cards as things stand.

A long way to go but Lambert needs to find a way to turn this around very quickly.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 20:23 - Feb 14 with 4328 viewsnoggin

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 20:16 - Feb 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

It matters little whether he has the fans at any moment of time. Were we to go on a run and get back into the top two the majority of fans would soon change their minds again.

What is more problematic to the club is us not getting promoted which is very much on the cards as things stand.

A long way to go but Lambert needs to find a way to turn this around very quickly.

It matters a lot if the atmosphere turns toxic.

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 20:28 - Feb 14 with 4304 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 20:23 - Feb 14 by noggin

It matters a lot if the atmosphere turns toxic.

To a degree but most fans will give the team a chance. The toxicity will only really come if we are failing to win yet again.

The biggest issue is results. If they come (and it is a big if), the fans will soon be onside again.

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 20:31 - Feb 14 with 4278 viewsPJH

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 20:28 - Feb 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

To a degree but most fans will give the team a chance. The toxicity will only really come if we are failing to win yet again.

The biggest issue is results. If they come (and it is a big if), the fans will soon be onside again.

Agree but things are at an almost critical point as to which way it goes.

Fail to win tomorrow and it will be boos and worse at the end from some.

String a few wins together and it will be "Paul Lambert is a blue...".
Seems like PL has lost the fans on 22:00 - Feb 14 with 4086 viewsTerry_Nutkins

completely agree

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 22:07 - Feb 14 with 4052 viewsTractorWood

Was disappointed with the way he spoke to Phil in the presser. Thought Phil was asking essentially irrefutably true questions and he was getting very defensive and condescending.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 00:49 - Feb 15 with 3809 viewseddiespearitt03

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 22:07 - Feb 14 by TractorWood

Was disappointed with the way he spoke to Phil in the presser. Thought Phil was asking essentially irrefutably true questions and he was getting very defensive and condescending.

Expectancy ? Yeah, we expect players to turn tippy tappy possession into goals. We expect 90 minutes of trying to win a game. The reason we lost some games is because we revert to defending when we have run out of attacking ideas. Or worse still, not enough to scare a team.
Lambert advocates players have to "earn the right".
Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:27 - Feb 15 with 3618 viewsDeano69

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 22:07 - Feb 14 by TractorWood

PL always seems defensive and dismissive of PH’s questions. Not sure what Phil has done to upset him?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:30 - Feb 15 with 3597 viewsWeWereZombies

Are they down the back of the sofa?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:33 - Feb 15 with 3573 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. On the mood changing quickly given a couple of good results and also that it's up to Lambert.

Pronouns: He/Him

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:37 - Feb 15 with 3551 viewsChrisd

Certainly seems on the downward trend, for me it's the lack of any real progress with our style of play, it's a bit of a non entity and our inability to beat those promotion rivals. A few wins on the bounce and especially against sides that are above us like Portsmouth and Coventry might install a bit of faith. The team/club could do with an injection of something, it's all a bit flat.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:44 - Feb 15 with 3528 viewsnoggin

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:33 - Feb 15 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. On the mood changing quickly given a couple of good results and also that it's up to Lambert.

This is, of course, true. The problem is, PL doesn't seem to know how to turn it around. I really hope he can, but the players don't look like a team atm.

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:57 - Feb 15 with 3483 viewsDarth_Koont

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:44 - Feb 15 by noggin

This is, of course, true. The problem is, PL doesn't seem to know how to turn it around. I really hope he can, but the players don't look like a team atm.

It looked like it had changed against Tranmere and Lincoln with a settled side, the wingbacks working and Huws and Downes bossing midfield. I was really losing faith before that and it seemed we got everything that was missing in those games.

My mood definitely changed and the mood seemed to pick up in general too.

But then we saw that this team wasn't good enough against the better teams — whether that was tactics, mental fragility, not having built up enough team understanding and togetherness, momentum, confidence or a combination of all that.

That's come as a huge punch in the guts. But the good news now is that we don't really have to deal with the better teams anymore. At least not on the pitch. So if we can be those flat-track bullies again and pick up wins then we still might go on a decent run.

So hopefully the question about how good Lambert is at turning things around and getting performances out of the team might not be need to be answered this season anyway. But even if we do go up it's certainly something we need to address in the Summer.

Pronouns: He/Him

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 11:59 - Feb 15 with 3351 viewscatch74

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:57 - Feb 15 by Darth_Koont

It looked like it had changed against Tranmere and Lincoln with a settled side, the wingbacks working and Huws and Downes bossing midfield. I was really losing faith before that and it seemed we got everything that was missing in those games.

My mood definitely changed and the mood seemed to pick up in general too.

But then we saw that this team wasn't good enough against the better teams — whether that was tactics, mental fragility, not having built up enough team understanding and togetherness, momentum, confidence or a combination of all that.

That's come as a huge punch in the guts. But the good news now is that we don't really have to deal with the better teams anymore. At least not on the pitch. So if we can be those flat-track bullies again and pick up wins then we still might go on a decent run.

So hopefully the question about how good Lambert is at turning things around and getting performances out of the team might not be need to be answered this season anyway. But even if we do go up it's certainly something we need to address in the Summer.

I know it’s not as simple as Huws getting injured but hope he stays fit for the remainder. Judge is clearly not the player he was but he’s what we need, Bishop possibly back on the bench today, if we could have any luck with his fitness too he would make a huge difference.
You add in Garbutt being out and of course KVY, then yet again key player injuries at key times have not helped.
As for most of his tenure though, the jury is out on Lambert...

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:00 - Feb 15 with 3339 viewssparks

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 11:59 - Feb 15 by catch74

I know it’s not as simple as Huws getting injured but hope he stays fit for the remainder. Judge is clearly not the player he was but he’s what we need, Bishop possibly back on the bench today, if we could have any luck with his fitness too he would make a huge difference.
You add in Garbutt being out and of course KVY, then yet again key player injuries at key times have not helped.
As for most of his tenure though, the jury is out on Lambert...

Judge is about hte last thing we need.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:03 - Feb 15 with 3325 viewsPJH

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:30 - Feb 15 by WeWereZombies

Are they down the back of the sofa?

My mum misplaces things but she is 94.
Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:26 - Feb 15 with 3241 viewscatch74

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:00 - Feb 15 by sparks

Didn’t word that well, guess I meant the player he was.

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:30 - Feb 15 with 3209 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 09:37 - Feb 15 by Chrisd

Certainly seems on the downward trend, for me it's the lack of any real progress with our style of play, it's a bit of a non entity and our inability to beat those promotion rivals. A few wins on the bounce and especially against sides that are above us like Portsmouth and Coventry might install a bit of faith. The team/club could do with an injection of something, it's all a bit flat.

That, of course, isn't going to happen as we have no one above us left to play. If they can lose or draw and we can win it will be as good as us beating them.

Problem is Peterborough and Rotherham look as likely to lose at the moment as we do to win (both not very likely). If we were to be in the play-offs we might as well not bother because we have shown no likelihood of beating any of the sides that would also be in them all season.

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:39 - Feb 15 with 3155 viewsChrisd

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:30 - Feb 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

That, of course, isn't going to happen as we have no one above us left to play. If they can lose or draw and we can win it will be as good as us beating them.

Problem is Peterborough and Rotherham look as likely to lose at the moment as we do to win (both not very likely). If we were to be in the play-offs we might as well not bother because we have shown no likelihood of beating any of the sides that would also be in them all season.

7th March Coventry at home
21st March Portsmouth at home

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:41 - Feb 15 with 3149 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:39 - Feb 15 by Chrisd

7th March Coventry at home
21st March Portsmouth at home

My mistake. I missed them.

Need to win a good number of the rest of our games.

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:43 - Feb 15 with 3141 viewsChrisd

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:41 - Feb 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

My mistake. I missed them.

Need to win a good number of the rest of our games.

No problem, I do it enough. Completely agree about winning games though. Are we capable?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 12:44]

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 17:37 - Feb 15 with 2977 viewscatch74

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 12:00 - Feb 15 by sparks

Curse of Sparks works.

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 18:48 - Feb 16 with 2794 viewsCrawfordsboot

Seems like PL has lost the fans on 19:44 - Feb 14 by Swansea_Blue

What's going on?

Couldn’t agree more. The whining wazzocks are driving me to despair after supporting town for over sixty years.
As for PLs response to Phil’s questioning I thought it not unreasonable. He called Phil out on his first statement about finances and Phil had no answer. Club finances are not a simple matter. Weekly wage bills are simplistic. Into the mix has to go transfer and loan fees to get to a total net spend so I am not surprised that Phil couldn’t respond on that one. Other matters come down to opinion and we are where we are. We are not the team I remember from the 70s.
There is no entitlement in football though some of our “fans” seem to think otherwise
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024