Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you buy illegal drugs 17:25 - Feb 17 with 63690 viewschicoazul

these are the kind of people you are funding and the activities in which you are complicit, all for your bit of fun; https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/16/hell-on-sea-dawlish-drugs-gang-geo

Great guys these drug buyers. Participants in wrecking their own communities.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:34 - Feb 19 with 2760 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:24 - Feb 19 by HARRY10

Of course a govenment agency could not source and supply heroin cheaper than the black market..... except that it does. You think morphine is as expensive as the cost of street smack ?

It would not be a free for all as claimed above - any more than the prescribing of beta blockers is now. You would have to go through the same medical process as happens now with addicts

None of this is new or revolutionary, it is already happening to a fair degree - though sadly it also comes up against silly comments as above.

Cannabis is nothing similar on production, cost or any dependency.

I just think it needs to be discussed in an adult manner. The world is awash with illegal drugs and so why not take at least some control over their distribution and quality?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:36 - Feb 19 with 2753 viewssparks

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:34 - Feb 19 by noggin

I just think it needs to be discussed in an adult manner. The world is awash with illegal drugs and so why not take at least some control over their distribution and quality?

Its a complex topic.

None of it, of course, changes the fact that as it stands, people are choosing their own gratification over the harm that is being done.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:38 - Feb 19 with 2742 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:36 - Feb 19 by sparks

Its a complex topic.

None of it, of course, changes the fact that as it stands, people are choosing their own gratification over the harm that is being done.

Jesus Christ, we get it, change the record!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:42 - Feb 19 with 2734 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:36 - Feb 19 by sparks

Its a complex topic.

Indeed, but admitting it will not stop it. The same might be said of buying cheap stuff on Wish or Ebay which is often driving slavery in China and India.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:53 - Feb 19 with 2722 viewsLord_Lucan

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:33 - Feb 19 by BrixtonBlue

"I think the biggest problem with legalising drugs is that people like Dolly will have access to them."
And you reckon I'm the one arguing like a school kid.

Where have I said "legalising solves all the problems"?

And to your point about "half the office can't work as they've been up for two nights" - has this happened in Portugal? I can tell you the answer: no.

Maybe do a bit of reading and educate yourself;
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-w

Educate myself?

Patronising dickhead.

Where does one buy their coke from in Portugal?

Also. I tell you something for nothing, even if it is working in Portugal (and I don't know because I haven't been to see for myself) the English are not the same as The Portuguese, you don't get 1000's of Portuguese up all night drinking and fighting on the high street all over the show.

Seeing as you think you need to educate me about drug related matters feel free to PM me about your experiences, you can then point out to me clearly why you think your view is 100% correct.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 17:53]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:01 - Feb 19 with 2702 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:53 - Feb 19 by Lord_Lucan

Educate myself?

Patronising dickhead.

Also. I tell you something for nothing, even if it is working in Portugal (and I don't know because I haven't been to see for myself) the English are not the same as The Portuguese, you don't get 1000's of Portuguese up all night drinking and fighting on the high street all over the show.

Seeing as you think you need to educate me about drug related matters feel free to PM me about your experiences, you can then point out to me clearly why you think your view is 100% correct.

What some seem to overlook is we were doing this sh1t when they were still in Primary School or in some cases still waiting to be born.

It's only new to them, but it's always the same.

The generation below discover something and assume it's also new to everyone else.

Although of course there's one or 2 on the board who are late developers and are still at 6th form stage of self-awareness.

In their 30s and 40s for pity's sake.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:03 - Feb 19 with 2695 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:53 - Feb 19 by Lord_Lucan

Educate myself?

Patronising dickhead.

So you won't believe the Guardian article that it is working in Portugal, you need to go there and see it for yourself?! Ok!

You've already patronised me in this thread so you shouldn't get too upset if you get a bit back.

My view is my view. I've not said anywhere that it's 100% correct, I've just stated my position and cited evidence.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:05 - Feb 19 with 2686 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:01 - Feb 19 by jeera

What some seem to overlook is we were doing this sh1t when they were still in Primary School or in some cases still waiting to be born.

It's only new to them, but it's always the same.

The generation below discover something and assume it's also new to everyone else.

Although of course there's one or 2 on the board who are late developers and are still at 6th form stage of self-awareness.

In their 30s and 40s for pity's sake.

Who are you talking about Jeera and what is your beef?

Login to get fewer ads

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:19 - Feb 19 with 2649 viewsLord_Lucan

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:03 - Feb 19 by BrixtonBlue

So you won't believe the Guardian article that it is working in Portugal, you need to go there and see it for yourself?! Ok!

You've already patronised me in this thread so you shouldn't get too upset if you get a bit back.

My view is my view. I've not said anywhere that it's 100% correct, I've just stated my position and cited evidence.

I don't believe much of what I read seeing that journalism is dead and has been replaced by opinion-ism and why is the bloody Guardian any different? Show me a report favouring anything and I'll dig you up one saying the reverse, so yes, I think it is important to see things for yourself before making a decision on a subject as deep as this.

- and I'm calling you out! You have repeatedly inferred that what you are saying is correct, you point me to one of your posts where you acknowledge that there are two sides to the coin.

Just to help you, this is my initial post

"Technically I'm for decriminalising class A's but it has its downsides. At the moment people have to approach a dealer and risk getting arrested, these two things put people off.

Do I want my grandson when he grows up to be able to walk into Boots the Chemist and buy some heroin because he wants to see what the fuss is about? I'm not sure I do.

The answer is that there is no answer and both sides have genuine arguments"

Oh and finally, if you think my comment about the problem with legalising drugs is that people like Dolly can get them was patronising and not a jokey remark then you are clutching at straws.

Oh and finally finally, where does one buy coke from in Portugal these days?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:21 - Feb 19 with 2638 viewssparks

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:38 - Feb 19 by BrixtonBlue

Jesus Christ, we get it, change the record!

I've yet to see anyone acknowledge it in a meaningful way, recognise its significance, of show a shred of concern about it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:22 - Feb 19 with 2635 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:19 - Feb 19 by Lord_Lucan

I don't believe much of what I read seeing that journalism is dead and has been replaced by opinion-ism and why is the bloody Guardian any different? Show me a report favouring anything and I'll dig you up one saying the reverse, so yes, I think it is important to see things for yourself before making a decision on a subject as deep as this.

- and I'm calling you out! You have repeatedly inferred that what you are saying is correct, you point me to one of your posts where you acknowledge that there are two sides to the coin.

"Technically I'm for decriminalising class A's but it has its downsides. At the moment people have to approach a dealer and risk getting arrested, these two things put people off.

Do I want my grandson when he grows up to be able to walk into Boots the Chemist and buy some heroin because he wants to see what the fuss is about? I'm not sure I do.

Oh and finally, if you think my comment about the problem with legalising drugs is that people like Dolly can get them was patronising and not a jokey remark then you are clutching at straws.

"Usually some scouser sitting at the bar."

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:27 - Feb 19 with 2624 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:21 - Feb 19 by sparks

I've yet to see anyone acknowledge it in a meaningful way, recognise its significance, of show a shred of concern about it.

I have done, and I have pointed out where I have done.

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:33 - Feb 19 with 2612 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:19 - Feb 19 by Lord_Lucan

1. Feel free to post up an article that says legalisation isn't working in Portugal.

2. Obviously I think what I'm saying is correct, else I wouldn't say it. Do I need to put "IMO" after everything I write?

3. I'm not sure many people who want to buy drugs desist because they think they might get arrested. If people want drugs they get drugs. The legality, as far as I have seen, is of little consequence.

4. If you're saying your comment was jokey and not patronising then I can say exactly the same about mine.

5. I live in Brixton so I have no idea where one would buy coke in Portugal.

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:39 - Feb 19 with 2590 viewsNewcyBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:33 - Feb 19 by BrixtonBlue

1. Feel free to post up an article that says legalisation isn't working in Portugal.

2. Obviously I think what I'm saying is correct, else I wouldn't say it. Do I need to put "IMO" after everything I write?

3. I'm not sure many people who want to buy drugs desist because they think they might get arrested. If people want drugs they get drugs. The legality, as far as I have seen, is of little consequence.

4. If you're saying your comment was jokey and not patronising then I can say exactly the same about mine.

5. I live in Brixton so I have no idea where one would buy coke in Portugal.

From what I have read it’s not legal. It’s been decriminalised. Anything more than a modest personal supply is still prosecuted.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:42 - Feb 19 with 2580 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:39 - Feb 19 by NewcyBlue

From what I have read it’s not legal. It’s been decriminalised. Anything more than a modest personal supply is still prosecuted.

And it's still in the hands of the criminals. Personal use is as good as decriminalised in the UK.

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:44 - Feb 19 with 2568 viewsLord_Lucan

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:39 - Feb 19 by NewcyBlue

It's decriminalised up to 2 grams but you still have to buy it off a dealer.

I'm thinking about moving to Bolivia, it's decriminalised up to 50g and legal to cultivate

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:50 - Feb 19 with 2552 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:44 - Feb 19 by Lord_Lucan

It's decriminalised up to 2 grams but you still have to buy it off a dealer.

I'm thinking about moving to Bolivia, it's decriminalised up to 50g and legal to cultivate

They must be completely free of drugs problems then; sounds like a lovely place to settle down

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you buy illegal drugs on 19:02 - Feb 19 with 2525 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:50 - Feb 19 by Swansea_Blue

They must be completely free of drugs problems then; sounds like a lovely place to settle down

No, but I believe deaths have fallen dramatically. Addicts are more likely to seek help if they know they won't be prosecuted.

If you buy illegal drugs on 19:15 - Feb 19 with 2510 viewsHARRY10

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:21 - Feb 19 by sparks

I doubt there are many who do not see the hypocricy of this bleat when set along side the opposition to a more progressive approach to drug usage.

No concern about the miserycaused by addiction as thousands of 'smackheads' steal mug and burgle their way across the country to feed their addiction.

No just some Nancy Reagan style whine that those sneering metropolitan, middle class, effete liberal elites don't demonstrate a pang of guilt for their usage of a line or two of Chalie to wring out a bit more 'fun'.

But that is what all this is about as far as the OP and a few other bigots are concerned. Far kew if your home has been turned over, anf eternal damnation on those who suggest that society is failing in dealing with this.

Drug usuage is prevelant in all parts of societies, all classes and all political persuasions. You are no more going to evolve a collective guilt about this than you are about clothes made in a sweatshop, blood diamondf or oil that has come from the barbaris wha habi's in Saudi.

Thankfully the OP's views will eventually be as relevant as Catholic priest's views on contraception and Mary Whitehouse;'s views of 'naughty' TV are.

God speed the day.
If you buy illegal drugs on 19:55 - Feb 19 with 2473 viewsNewcyBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:42 - Feb 19 by noggin

And it's still in the hands of the criminals. Personal use is as good as decriminalised in the UK.

“ Portugal went from having one of the highest rates of problematic drug use in Europe before decriminalization, to having a rate of overall drug consumption that is low in comparison with that of other European countries. Aside from marijuana and new psychoactive substances, drug use for all other drugs has fallen below 2001 levels.
Overdose deaths and new cases of HIV and AIDS among people who use drugs have both plummeted since 2001 — a remarkable benefit of Portugal’s decriminalization model. In 2000, people who used drugs accounted for 52 percent of new HIV/AIDS diagnoses (1,430 out of 2,758 cases).10 In 2015, it decreased to a low of 6 percent (77 out of 1,228).11 Since 2001, HIV-related deaths among people who use drugs have consistently fallen.
Overdose deaths decreased by over 80 percent after decriminalization.12 In 1999, 369 drug overdose deaths were recorded in Portugal (36.2 per million)13; by 2015 that number had fallen to 54 (5.2 per million).14 Portugal’s drug-induced mortality rate was 5.8 deaths per million in 2015, which is far lower than the European average of 20.3 deaths per million.15 Portugal’s decriminalization model has not led to increases in overall drug use, while it has decisively lowered problematic drug use and improved health outcomes.”

From http://www.drugpolicy.org/sites/default/files/dpa-drug-decriminalization-portuga

Decriminalisation shouldn’t be that some pillocks can have a snort on a weekend without worry. It should happen for reasons such as the above.

See here for drug supply and market in Portugal

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/countries/drug-reports/2019/portugal/drug-markets_en

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:26 - Feb 19 with 2440 viewssparks

If you buy illegal drugs on 19:15 - Feb 19 by HARRY10

I doubt there are many who do not see the hypocricy of this bleat when set along side the opposition to a more progressive approach to drug usage.

No concern about the miserycaused by addiction as thousands of 'smackheads' steal mug and burgle their way across the country to feed their addiction.

No just some Nancy Reagan style whine that those sneering metropolitan, middle class, effete liberal elites don't demonstrate a pang of guilt for their usage of a line or two of Chalie to wring out a bit more 'fun'.

But that is what all this is about as far as the OP and a few other bigots are concerned. Far kew if your home has been turned over, anf eternal damnation on those who suggest that society is failing in dealing with this.

Drug usuage is prevelant in all parts of societies, all classes and all political persuasions. You are no more going to evolve a collective guilt about this than you are about clothes made in a sweatshop, blood diamondf or oil that has come from the barbaris wha habi's in Saudi.

Thankfully the OP's views will eventually be as relevant as Catholic priest's views on contraception and Mary Whitehouse;'s views of 'naughty' TV are.

God speed the day.

I read the first sentence- which is based on nothing and is dishonest.

I have metaphorically wiped my backside with the rest.

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:09 - Feb 19 with 2409 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 19:55 - Feb 19 by NewcyBlue

“ Portugal went from having one of the highest rates of problematic drug use in Europe before decriminalization, to having a rate of overall drug consumption that is low in comparison with that of other European countries. Aside from marijuana and new psychoactive substances, drug use for all other drugs has fallen below 2001 levels.
Overdose deaths and new cases of HIV and AIDS among people who use drugs have both plummeted since 2001 — a remarkable benefit of Portugal’s decriminalization model. In 2000, people who used drugs accounted for 52 percent of new HIV/AIDS diagnoses (1,430 out of 2,758 cases).10 In 2015, it decreased to a low of 6 percent (77 out of 1,228).11 Since 2001, HIV-related deaths among people who use drugs have consistently fallen.
Overdose deaths decreased by over 80 percent after decriminalization.12 In 1999, 369 drug overdose deaths were recorded in Portugal (36.2 per million)13; by 2015 that number had fallen to 54 (5.2 per million).14 Portugal’s drug-induced mortality rate was 5.8 deaths per million in 2015, which is far lower than the European average of 20.3 deaths per million.15 Portugal’s decriminalization model has not led to increases in overall drug use, while it has decisively lowered problematic drug use and improved health outcomes.”

From http://www.drugpolicy.org/sites/default/files/dpa-drug-decriminalization-portuga

Decriminalisation shouldn’t be that some pillocks can have a snort on a weekend without worry. It should happen for reasons such as the above.

See here for drug supply and market in Portugal

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/countries/drug-reports/2019/portugal/drug-markets_en

Excellent post, cheers.

If you buy illegal drugs on 23:31 - Feb 19 with 2354 viewsLord_Lucan

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:09 - Feb 19 by BrixtonBlue

Excellent post, cheers.

Wasn't the whole point of the argument about stopping the gangs?

If you buy illegal drugs on 03:35 - Feb 20 with 2285 viewsHARRY10

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:26 - Feb 19 by sparks

I read the first sentence- which is based on nothing and is dishonest.

I have metaphorically wiped my backside with the rest.

Whereas in reality -

The OP and numerous posts demanded that dug users should feel guilty because of the harm caused to suppliers

yet filled this thread with whines and nonsense when measures to reduce harm to suppliers, and those who are victims of crimes to fund the usage of these drugs, are proposed

certainly smacks of rank hypocrisy to me
If you buy illegal drugs on 03:37 - Feb 20 with 2284 viewsHARRY10

If you buy illegal drugs on 23:31 - Feb 19 by Lord_Lucan

Wasn't the whole point of the argument about stopping the gangs?

actually no

it was (and is) bizarrely about certain users having to feel guilty about their use

hence the ridicule
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024