Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) 09:17 - Feb 19 with 11270 viewschicoazul

In a couple of weeks I am moving to Germany, permanently.

Since I don't care much at all about Ipswich Town anymore and haven't been to a home game in about 2 years, and since I won't be in the UK and won't have much interest in domestic politics and whatnot as I settle me and my family into a new culture & country, it seems a good time to recuse myself from TWTD.

I think I started posting here in December 1998 so that's a lot of time to have spent guffing about arguing over Louie Donowa, Holland or Kinsella, why Jim went mad (the great modern tragedy in our history btw) etc etc.

I'll be here for the rest of the week so get your digs in now before your favourite social conservative tedious moraliser leaves forever.
SUQ, etc.

PS, I added this as a football thread since I know some good TWTD mandem these days don't open General threads and frankly I want to bother them one last time. XOXO.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 13:01 - Feb 19 with 2324 viewsSomethingBlue

Good look and congratulations, great move. I hope you drop back in here once settled in.

Absolutely adore Berlin and seem to end up there several times a year atm. Including the weekend just gone, from which I am still recovering. Try your best to get to a few Union Berlin matches out there, it's a fantastic experience and decent football too, current team is a bit like the good bits of us under Mick, pumped-up and always "asking questions" of opponents.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 14:09 - Feb 19 with 2266 viewsJohnny_Boy

Yes. Because they don’t have the internet over here in Germany.
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 14:13 - Feb 19 with 2265 viewsgordon

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:21 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

Berlin.

I hope you find the moral standards acceptable there!
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 14:14 - Feb 19 with 2259 viewseireblue

Good city for liberal vegans, enjoy.
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 15:23 - Feb 19 with 2215 viewsnoggin

Abandoning the sinking ship. That could easily apply to both ITFC and the UK.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 16:39 - Feb 19 with 2168 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 18:23 - Feb 19 with 2125 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

As you have had me on ignore for almost my whole time on here I am tempted to say "good riddance"....however being better than that( ) I wish you well!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 18:32 - Feb 19 with 2116 viewsjeera

No reason you can't post from your new home once settled.

Besides, it would be good to hear how it's going there and all the rest of it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 19:02 - Feb 19 with 2104 viewsMenton

I started on here around the same time and I’ve always found your posts speak sense.

All the best with the new life.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 08:50 - Feb 20 with 1995 viewschicoazul

Thank you all for your kind words. I am genuinely very moved!

Yes they do have itnernetz in Berlin but I am determined to settle into the local culture as soon as poss rather than harkening back to England and ITFC. But joining a Hertha or Union message board is a definite possibility, good idea.....

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 08:53 - Feb 20 with 1979 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Good luck, Chico. Look us up now and then.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:36 - Feb 20 with 1943 viewsDyland

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 08:50 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

Yes they do have itnernetz in Berlin but I am determined to settle into the local culture as soon as poss rather than harkening back to England and ITFC. But joining a Hertha or Union message board is a definite possibility, good idea.....

Stop being such a twannie Chickers. TWTD isn't "English culture", innit. It's hardly like you need a new start from here, you massive wet fart. Anyway, hope the move goes well, sounds exciting. And if you really do stop posting for good, have a healthy life and all the best innix

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:43 - Feb 20 with 1928 viewsjeera

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 19:02 - Feb 19 by Menton

I started on here around the same time and I’ve always found your posts speak sense.

All the best with the new life.

" I’ve always found your posts speak sense."

Yeah, he's a good guy but I wouldn't go that far.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Let me know if you do..... on 10:56 - Feb 20 with 1911 viewsBloots

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 08:50 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

....I'll sign up too.

"Das Bloot"

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:57 - Feb 20 with 1909 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Going to miss a lot of your posts dear boy. Some good stuff over the years.

The current one has unearthed some comedy gold.

Very best to you and your family in Berlin. Fantastic city.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

"Twannie" and "Massive Wet Fart"...... on 10:58 - Feb 20 with 1902 viewsBloots

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:36 - Feb 20 by Dyland

Stop being such a twannie Chickers. TWTD isn't "English culture", innit. It's hardly like you need a new start from here, you massive wet fart. Anyway, hope the move goes well, sounds exciting. And if you really do stop posting for good, have a healthy life and all the best innix

.....in the same post.

Excellent work.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:11 - Feb 20 with 1881 viewschicoazul

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:36 - Feb 20 by Dyland

Thank you luv, yeah I know what you mean, but I am resolute! At least until we get promoted (sometime in the early 2030s, from League 2).

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:14 - Feb 20 with 1874 viewsfooters

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:11 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

Thank you luv, yeah I know what you mean, but I am resolute! At least until we get promoted (sometime in the early 2030s, from League 2).

You'll be too full of currywurst and Franziskaner to bother with TWTD.

Feck it, I want to move there now too :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

LOL :) on 12:03 - Feb 20 with 1855 viewsDyland

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:11 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024