Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can any of you believe in Shambert? 18:57 - Feb 22 with 23062 viewsBluefish

3 transfer windows
The most expensive weekly wage bill in our history
Limped to relegation with no fight at all
No clear style
Too often hoof ball
Ridiculous rotation
Odd treatment of players
Limping to 7th-10th in division 3
Failure to beat teams towards the top

There are no positives to him apart from pr stunts

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 12:45 - Feb 23 with 2706 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I suspect you’re are going to have a miserable couple of years Bluefish.

Although I agree, and I hold minimal faith in the manager, he is going to be here longer term.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 13:36 - Feb 23 with 2677 viewsBrixtonBlue

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 11:49 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

He has with Donacien and did with Harrison

Not sure he's done anything odd with them either Blubbers. Unless you call not rating a player odd.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 13:40 - Feb 23 with 2672 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 13:36 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

Not sure he's done anything odd with them either Blubbers. Unless you call not rating a player odd.

Nothing odd at all. Nope nothing. Harrison he wouldn't include in squads even though he was fit and then sold him for a much less than he cost. Harrison then said that Lambert had a personal issue with him.

Donacien he bombed out on loan straight away before giving him a chance. We needed a full back and he said he is a centre half, we then needed a centre half and he said he is a full back

You would argue anything despite the facts just to try and score points

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 17:40 - Feb 23 with 2622 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 10:28 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

How is it seen as a caveat to mislead I am talking about a half season spell. Wages pro rata is perfectly normal

we all understand the concept of pro rata! the season we got relegated from the prem Jan to May is still more than the corresponding period last season.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 18:08 - Feb 23 with 2590 viewsPositivelyPortman

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:46 - Feb 22 by dissboy2

but we also need someone who knows how to coach plus set up a team on match day with change of plan in mind if things arent working by ht don't you think?

......and not wait until the 1st minute of injury time to bring on our super sub Sears.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 18:20 - Feb 23 with 2581 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 17:40 - Feb 23 by WestStanderLaLaLa

we all understand the concept of pro rata! the season we got relegated from the prem Jan to May is still more than the corresponding period last season.

Some clearly don't and it wasn't

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:17 - Feb 23 with 2540 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 13:40 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

Nothing odd at all. Nope nothing. Harrison he wouldn't include in squads even though he was fit and then sold him for a much less than he cost. Harrison then said that Lambert had a personal issue with him.

Donacien he bombed out on loan straight away before giving him a chance. We needed a full back and he said he is a centre half, we then needed a centre half and he said he is a full back

Missed the stuff where Harrison said Lambert had a personal issue with him. Care to share / link me up?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:51 - Feb 23 with 2517 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert didn't rate Harrison. End of story, nothing odd about it.

Donacien he already knew from his Villa days.

The irony of this points scoring thing is it's you doing it. Blubbing all over this board telling everyone you were right and we should notice you (don't worry, we do).

If someone happens to disagree with you you claim THEY'RE trying to score points. No, we'd be starting multiple threads if we wanted to do that. Some people just disagree with you. Get over it. I haven't seen any facts from you, just opinion (that you Blub about if not everyone accepts). Like this most expensive squad ever 'fact'. People have repeatedly asked you to prove this with some facts but you just deflect or add caveats. No facts.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:53 - Feb 23 with 2513 viewsBrixtonBlue

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:17 - Feb 23 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Missed the stuff where Harrison said Lambert had a personal issue with him. Care to share / link me up?

Don't ask The Blubfish for any facts for gawd's sake.

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 21:16 - Feb 23 with 2496 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:53 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

Don't ask The Blubfish for any facts for gawd's sake.

Doomed to fail I’m sure but thought I’d give it a go for a while, calling out what appears to be made up nonsense delivered as cold hard facts.

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 21:55 - Feb 23 with 2469 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Never a personal issue between Lambert and Harrison. Harrison hadn’t been fit at all in the back end of last season, Lambert felt he couldn’t rest his hat on him per day as a leading number 9 for the club as he hadn’t seen enough in his eyes, nothing personal about that, just footballing decisions a manager has to make I guess.

Donacien, doesn’t rate him at all. Simple as that.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 22:36 - Feb 23 with 2451 viewsMelford

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 10:59 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

He gave Norris a long run in the side during rotation and continued with it after stopping the rotation. It was very odd given their respective performances for us.

That was just stupid, we had the meanest defence setting records for clean sheets. We were on for the longest time for conceding a goal in ITFC history before Tranmere stuck one in against us. Our defence was a well-oiled machine and he was looking to be the new Bart, but then he got binned for no reason at all.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 01:22 - Feb 24 with 2417 viewsRyorry

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 10:31 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

I wouldn't bother. He isn't a football fan he is just an oddball that likes the company on here

You're hardly in a position to make such comments when you yourself come on here mostly to wind people up.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 01:30 - Feb 24 with 2411 viewsRyorry

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 22:36 - Feb 23 by Melford

That was just stupid, we had the meanest defence setting records for clean sheets. We were on for the longest time for conceding a goal in ITFC history before Tranmere stuck one in against us. Our defence was a well-oiled machine and he was looking to be the new Bart, but then he got binned for no reason at all.

Therefore has to be something to do with Wolves' contract. Tho as Haynes Toe said, that would indicate poor signings negotiations by us.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 07:54 - Feb 24 with 2327 viewsHerbivore

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 01:30 - Feb 24 by Ryorry

Therefore has to be something to do with Wolves' contract. Tho as Haynes Toe said, that would indicate poor signings negotiations by us.

I don't buy that though. He said earlier in the season that we didn't have to play Norris and if there is a clause that means we pay more when he's not playing then we were quite happy to pay that for the first 13 games of the season when Holy was starting every week and we seem gappy to pay it again now. If Wolves were making noises to bring him back if he wasn't playing then we should have let them do so in January and brought in another loan goalie as cover for Holy. None of it makes much sense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:19 - Feb 24 with 2311 viewsBrixtonBlue

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 12:29 - Feb 23 by haynes_toe1

I dont think the Holy thing made any sense.

If there was an agreement with Wolves then it was (more) bad transfer strategy from Lambert.

Lambert doesn't do the transfer deals, Evans does. You've already embarrassed yourself in this thread, I'd put the shovel down if I were you.

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:22 - Feb 24 with 2304 viewsHerbivore

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:19 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

Lambert doesn't do the transfer deals, Evans does. You've already embarrassed yourself in this thread, I'd put the shovel down if I were you.

You seem to be defending our clueless manager a fair bit again. Under Mick he always used to say that whilst ME did the negotiations he ultimately had the final say on whether deals should be done or not.

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 09:10 - Feb 24 with 2293 viewsMalcolmBlue

Only Lord Sheeran can save us now

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 10:58 - Feb 24 with 2267 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:22 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

You seem to be defending our clueless manager a fair bit again. Under Mick he always used to say that whilst ME did the negotiations he ultimately had the final say on whether deals should be done or not.

Widely documented that Evans handles negotiations however the manager clearly has input - which will cover their perceived worth and where prospective signings fit into the squad

I find it rather hard to believe that if the Norris deal does include clauses re the number of games he plays Lambert won’t have signed off on it - after all for all Evans faults meddling in team selection isn’t something that has ever been an issue

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 11:04 - Feb 24 with 2256 viewshaynes_toe1

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:19 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

You don't think Lambert has an input on transfer deals?

If anyone is embarrassing themselves, it seems to be you. The good thing is clearly that doesn't bother you and you appear to repeatedly suffer from it.
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 11:22 - Feb 24 with 2238 viewsBrixtonBlue

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:22 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

He had the final say on whether they should get that player, which is only right as the manager of the team. He didn't have anything to do with the details. And besides, we don't know how desperate we were to get Norris at the time. He was highly rated. Maybe we, as a club, decided to reluctantly go with that clause because we wanted him so badly. To blame it all on Lambert is ridiculous.

I'm defending the truth. I've already stated that I don't think Lambert's the right man for us now, and that there's enough to question without all this silly made up stuff and conjecture. Some of you seem to lose all perspective when you turn on a manager. If people were just questioning why he played Teddy left midfield and Sears for only a minute on Saturday, I'd be well up for those discussions and be castigating him too.

It's also, by the by, not a case of me just having caught up. It's more that I have a bit more patience than you, am a bit more willing to give the benefit of the doubt, and that I don't want us to become one of those clubs that kneejerk fire managers after a few months at the first sign of trouble. I take a more mature approach than this ridiculous, toys-out-of-the-pram-coz-I-want-sweets blubbing by some on here.

I agree with Harry that a long term plan is needed to rebuild the club. I don't think some of you, though, have the patience to let that happen.

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 11:29 - Feb 24 with 2229 viewsHerbivore

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 11:22 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

He had the final say on whether they should get that player, which is only right as the manager of the team. He didn't have anything to do with the details. And besides, we don't know how desperate we were to get Norris at the time. He was highly rated. Maybe we, as a club, decided to reluctantly go with that clause because we wanted him so badly. To blame it all on Lambert is ridiculous.

I'm defending the truth. I've already stated that I don't think Lambert's the right man for us now, and that there's enough to question without all this silly made up stuff and conjecture. Some of you seem to lose all perspective when you turn on a manager. If people were just questioning why he played Teddy left midfield and Sears for only a minute on Saturday, I'd be well up for those discussions and be castigating him too.

It's also, by the by, not a case of me just having caught up. It's more that I have a bit more patience than you, am a bit more willing to give the benefit of the doubt, and that I don't want us to become one of those clubs that kneejerk fire managers after a few months at the first sign of trouble. I take a more mature approach than this ridiculous, toys-out-of-the-pram-coz-I-want-sweets blubbing by some on here.

I agree with Harry that a long term plan is needed to rebuild the club. I don't think some of you, though, have the patience to let that happen.

Top blub there, Dollers.

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 11:29 - Feb 24 with 2226 viewsBrixtonBlue

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 11:04 - Feb 24 by haynes_toe1

You don't think Lambert has an input on transfer deals?

If anyone is embarrassing themselves, it seems to be you. The good thing is clearly that doesn't bother you and you appear to repeatedly suffer from it.

You've just ignored the bit earlier where you jumped on me, saying I thought Lambert was the best man for the job when I didn't, haven't you? You should be apologising not hoping no-one noticed and/or doubling down. You realise everyone can see what you wrote don't you?

Again here, more evidence of your inability to read and comprehend. Where have I said Lambert doesn't have an input in transfers?! I'm merely saying it's ridiculous to blame it all on him. Stick to the stuff which is definitely fault, i.e. Teddy left midfield and Sears on with a minute to go. Oh, I guess you don't have a lot to say on actual games seeing as you don't go to them.

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 11:43 - Feb 24 with 2217 viewsHerbivore

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 11:29 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

You've just ignored the bit earlier where you jumped on me, saying I thought Lambert was the best man for the job when I didn't, haven't you? You should be apologising not hoping no-one noticed and/or doubling down. You realise everyone can see what you wrote don't you?

Again here, more evidence of your inability to read and comprehend. Where have I said Lambert doesn't have an input in transfers?! I'm merely saying it's ridiculous to blame it all on him. Stick to the stuff which is definitely fault, i.e. Teddy left midfield and Sears on with a minute to go. Oh, I guess you don't have a lot to say on actual games seeing as you don't go to them.

Is picking Norris repeatedly despite several key errors not his fault then? He selects the team.

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 12:23 - Feb 24 with 2197 viewsBrixtonBlue

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 11:29 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

Top blub there, Dollers.

Lol. I think it's pretty evident I'm not the one blubbing all over TWTD at the moment.
Pretty evident, also, that you can't answer my points.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024