Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can any of you believe in Shambert? 18:57 - Feb 22 with 23110 viewsBluefish

3 transfer windows
The most expensive weekly wage bill in our history
Limped to relegation with no fight at all
No clear style
Too often hoof ball
Ridiculous rotation
Odd treatment of players
Limping to 7th-10th in division 3
Failure to beat teams towards the top

There are no positives to him apart from pr stunts

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:46 - Feb 22 with 6050 viewsdissboy2

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:45 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Around 22k but possibly more

blimey!
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:48 - Feb 22 with 6046 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:41 - Feb 22 by HARRY10

Nor would he have agreed such a clause, as what point would the 5 years be ?

He's in for the long haul - which is pretty much how long it will take to turn around the squad, continue to get the youth set up working well.

The structure is there. Another 18,000 home fans, which would be a good attendance in the Championship - and favourable with one or two in the PL.

I believe he is the right man. Someone who has had experience at a number of PL clubs and knows how things should work.

With Clegg and Milne we were never going to succeed. We need the club ran by football types not bean counters or yes men.

It will come good ....eventually.

I’m not saying right or wrong either way, nor am I trying to have a dig. There is no way I’d be putting in a that type of clause when I have another 2 years to run on my existing deal anyway.

I believe talk began after a Sunderland enquiry for their vacant role, but stalled during our poor run. Hence that led to Lamberts bizarre presser in December ‘threatening’ to walk out, two weeks later he’s signed a 3 years extension. Like I said, i believe there is no trigger in there.

We remain in this division next year, there will be 10-12k.

Experience doesn’t mean knowledge, a common confusion, it’s about the quality of experience, his recent experience is relegation at 3 of the last 5 clubs.

Time will tell of course.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:48 - Feb 22 with 6046 viewshamburger_sv

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:41 - Feb 22 by HARRY10

Nor would he have agreed such a clause, as what point would the 5 years be ?

He's in for the long haul - which is pretty much how long it will take to turn around the squad, continue to get the youth set up working well.

The structure is there. Another 18,000 home fans, which would be a good attendance in the Championship - and favourable with one or two in the PL.

I believe he is the right man. Someone who has had experience at a number of PL clubs and knows how things should work.

With Clegg and Milne we were never going to succeed. We need the club ran by football types not bean counters or yes men.

It will come good ....eventually.

And we need an owner who is actually interested in investing in the club instead of trying to be the next SISU (Coventry) or Edin Rahic (Bradford).

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:51 - Feb 22 with 6029 viewsHARRY10

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:34 - Feb 22 by dissboy2

like I said, we may not know all the clauses that might have been written in. Evans is a business man who wouldnt underwrite a high risk longterm contract without getouts

(i suppose it's possible he' stupider than I had him down for and would though!)

But not the 'getouts' that are being talked of,

Given how bad we were when relegated why on earth would any manager take on a job with a promotion clause like that in it.

The length suggests Lambert requiring that amount of time, not Evans offering another 5 years out of the blue but attaching that kind of farcical clause.

I doubt very, very much that there are ANY penalty clauses, but I do imagine that the contract is heavily weighted to bonuses.

And do bear in mind that 5 years plus is a long while for a manager to commit himself so he must be confidant of atchieving agreed aims.
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:07 - Feb 22 with 6008 viewsBlueNode

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:51 - Feb 22 by HARRY10

But not the 'getouts' that are being talked of,

Given how bad we were when relegated why on earth would any manager take on a job with a promotion clause like that in it.

The length suggests Lambert requiring that amount of time, not Evans offering another 5 years out of the blue but attaching that kind of farcical clause.

I doubt very, very much that there are ANY penalty clauses, but I do imagine that the contract is heavily weighted to bonuses.

And do bear in mind that 5 years plus is a long while for a manager to commit himself so he must be confidant of atchieving agreed aims.

Lambert has no experience of club rebuilding.

His successes came from his 'management teams' motivational and tactical nous taking a current team to higher levels of performance.

He has failed massively at all levels with a different management team.

He is not the man for a rebuilding job, he has no track record in it.

A rebuilding job should be done at executive level... not manager level.

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:10 - Feb 22 with 5999 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:07 - Feb 22 by BlueNode

His successes came from his 'management teams' motivational and tactical nous taking a current team to higher levels of performance.

That club he took over when he left Colchester were in great shape weren't they?

The problem is not what he has or hasn't achieved. It is about what he can and will achieve. We have a long history now of appointing managers who have done it but don't any more.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:17 - Feb 22 with 5986 viewsBlueBadger

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:17 - Feb 22 by dissboy2

there must be something else behind that which we don't know about. Or a get out clause like if no promotion this season he leaves by mutual agreement

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm starting to think that Marcus Evans may not be as savvy as we thought.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:18 - Feb 22 with 5985 viewshaynes_toe1

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:42 - Feb 22 by BrixtonBlue

One of the few sensible posts on here.

Eh?

What have either of you seen that make you think he is the right man? Baring in mind you thought he was the wrong man only 10 or so days ago...

Herbi, CHealy, Bloots, Chickers, HaynesToe, & many others - I owe you an apology by BrixtonBlue 11 Feb 2020 21:54
I was wrong.

I guess hope ruled my head, but tonight's performance and result, has made me wobble. More than wobble. Maybe I just wanted Lambert to be the right man after so many false dawns. But now I'm wondering if this was another one.

That was carp. We are carp. Yes we are underfunded and I stand by that. But Lambert should be getting more out of this team against the likes of Wimbledon.

This, now, isn't good enough. I accept that. I was wrong.

Problem is, what do we do? Sack the manager? Lose the owner? Will any of these things actually turn us around? Football has died and us, or what used to be us, with it.

Login to get fewer ads

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:22 - Feb 22 with 5972 viewsBlueNode

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:10 - Feb 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

That club he took over when he left Colchester were in great shape weren't they?

The problem is not what he has or hasn't achieved. It is about what he can and will achieve. We have a long history now of appointing managers who have done it but don't any more.

As far as I'm aware he didn't rebuild that team, as it was mid season after they had just been tonked 0-7 by his own team, Colchester.

He just jumped ship with his then management team. and got a poorly performing team playing well. He has not got that team around him anymore... and ever since he has been a serial failure.

So I still do not think you could call him a club re builder.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 20:24]

Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:26 - Feb 22 with 5964 viewsHARRY10

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:07 - Feb 22 by BlueNode

Perhaps you could point out where Lambert has not joined a 'failing club' previously.

And I would stand by his knowledge rather than an executive like Clegg or Milne ie a knowledge of how things are done elsewhere

We have not really had any direction from the top since Evans took over, other than some vacuous slogans

The problem is not only how badly run the club has been, but having so many fans who aren't willing ro face up to that reality.

We either take a longer view, or believe that appointing a 'super wonder' manager is going to sort everything out almost instantly.

Just as those who join Alchoholics Anonympus, some on here nere need to come to terms with how bad things are.
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:38 - Feb 22 with 5950 viewsBlueNode

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:26 - Feb 22 by HARRY10

Perhaps you could point out where Lambert has not joined a 'failing club' previously.

And I would stand by his knowledge rather than an executive like Clegg or Milne ie a knowledge of how things are done elsewhere

We have not really had any direction from the top since Evans took over, other than some vacuous slogans

The problem is not only how badly run the club has been, but having so many fans who aren't willing ro face up to that reality.

We either take a longer view, or believe that appointing a 'super wonder' manager is going to sort everything out almost instantly.

Just as those who join Alchoholics Anonympus, some on here nere need to come to terms with how bad things are.

I agree entirely with your insights of what is required but not the personnel required to achieve it.

The club does need a long term strategy, but such a strategy comes from board level, not by appointing a team manager to design and implement it.

Lambert as a manager should man manage the team to produce on field results.

He should not be, and in fact he is not, the overall club technical director or indeed any other sort of director.

The correct club structure should be in place to support the manager, so the manager can get on and do his job as best as possible.

Edit.. IMO the current setup is doomed to failure.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 20:44]

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:44 - Feb 22 with 5927 viewsMach_foreignBlue

5 more years from 'marcus' !!! Remember Bluefish !
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 21:23 - Feb 22 with 5877 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 20:44 - Feb 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

5 more years from 'marcus' !!! Remember Bluefish !

We have £100 million reasons to be thankful to Marcus. We have none for Shambert

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 21:38 - Feb 22 with 5857 viewsVaughan8

How did anyone come up with giving him a 5 year contract still baffles me

Not sure one person other than those involved saw any logic in it.

We just have to hope there is some sort of clause if we do t go up, which we aren't.
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 21:40 - Feb 22 with 5851 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 21:38 - Feb 22 by Vaughan8

How did anyone come up with giving him a 5 year contract still baffles me

Not sure one person other than those involved saw any logic in it.

We just have to hope there is some sort of clause if we do t go up, which we aren't.

The crowd sung his name all game regardless of the performance. Marcus thought that meant the fans care more about PRP than the team

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 21:41 - Feb 22 with 5844 viewsDoctor_Earman

Don't forget we at least have ''stability'' though.
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 01:58 - Feb 23 with 5783 viewstextbackup

The most expensive weekly wage bill in our history - not true
Limped to relegation with no fight at all - the players gave up in October, not PL

you are right with the rest tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 02:09 - Feb 23 with 5777 viewstextbackup

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 21:23 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

We have £100 million reasons to be thankful to Marcus. We have none for Shambert

ME gave him the contract.... but hes beyond criticism for you? funny little guy you are

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 07:57 - Feb 23 with 5710 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 01:58 - Feb 23 by textbackup

The most expensive weekly wage bill in our history - not true
Limped to relegation with no fight at all - the players gave up in October, not PL

you are right with the rest tho

They are both true sadly

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:00 - Feb 23 with 5707 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 07:57 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

They are both true sadly

Don’t believe the wages. Care to share your workings out?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:01 - Feb 23 with 5706 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 02:09 - Feb 23 by textbackup

ME gave him the contract.... but hes beyond criticism for you? funny little guy you are

Marcus is not beyond criticism, the way Magilton was sacked and the subsequent keane appointment were both a disgrace as was the fact that we have stuck with PRP thisnlong and the ridiculous 5 year deal. In reality the 5 year deal doesn't mean that much though, Marcus will just have to pay him off. You can see the logic in all of the appointments even though they have been disasters and he continues to keep this club afloat. Deflecting the blame from PRP to ME is just silly

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:20 - Feb 23 with 5679 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:00 - Feb 23 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Don’t believe the wages. Care to share your workings out?

Look at the players, ask phil about the contracts for

Quaner
Keane
Judge
Collins
Bree
Elder
Bart
Chalobah

Plus the existing squad, our squad was enormous

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:24 - Feb 23 with 5678 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:20 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

Look at the players, ask phil about the contracts for

Quaner
Keane
Judge
Collins
Bree
Elder
Bart
Chalobah

Plus the existing squad, our squad was enormous

Look at the published wage bills then show me your workings out. Needs to exceed £24M.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:30 - Feb 23 with 5663 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:24 - Feb 23 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Look at the published wage bills then show me your workings out. Needs to exceed £24M.

It wont because I said weekly wage I am talking about the period between jan and May.

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:33 - Feb 23 with 5655 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 08:30 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

It wont because I said weekly wage I am talking about the period between jan and May.

Which year was 24 million? It is worth remembering also that 01 and 02 would have been skewed by bonuses

The wages last season jan to may will be our highest ever

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024