Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 20:25 - Feb 22 with 3736 viewsBlue_Armee

I’m going to keep saying it Evans is the problem not the manager.

Appoint Pep from Man City with same investment and we would get same results

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Evans on 20:26 - Feb 22 with 3715 viewshamburger_sv

Evans is the Ipswich version of Roland Duchatelet, SISU, and Edin Rahic.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Evans on 20:26 - Feb 22 with 3711 viewsJ2BLUE

Doubt it. Evans is responsible for why we are in this league but Lambert should be getting much more out of this group of players.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans on 20:27 - Feb 22 with 3709 viewsWD19

They are not mutually exclusive.

Hire Kyle Walker from Manchester City as manager and we would be higher than we are.
Evans on 20:28 - Feb 22 with 3701 viewsFixed_It

And I'm going to keep saying it. If Evans pulls the plug we are fecked. He is keeping us afloat and doesn't have a bottomless pit of money.. Stop being so entitled.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Evans on 20:30 - Feb 22 with 3655 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans on 20:28 - Feb 22 by Fixed_It

And I'm going to keep saying it. If Evans pulls the plug we are fecked. He is keeping us afloat and doesn't have a bottomless pit of money.. Stop being so entitled.

Only if you stop being so naive.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans on 20:31 - Feb 22 with 3654 viewsitfcjoe

If you honestly think Pep Guardiola couldn’t get more out of this squad there is no hope for you

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans on 20:32 - Feb 22 with 3633 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Evans on 20:34 - Feb 22 with 3611 viewsjas0999

Evans on 20:26 - Feb 22 by J2BLUE

Doubt it. Evans is responsible for why we are in this league but Lambert should be getting much more out of this group of players.

... makes the decision to give Lambert such an extension a truly awful one.
Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 20:39 - Feb 22 with 3592 viewsBlue_Armee

Evans on 20:32 - Feb 22 by BryanPlug

We need an owner who gives a sh1t about football and not just business.how long are we going to carry on going backwards. Keep burying heads in the sand and we will not have a club to support

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Evans on 20:41 - Feb 22 with 3581 viewsPilgrimblue

He has been but at this point Lambert is the problem.
Trouble is having settled on the same team he's now got to make changes which will take too long to get team working.
First question is who is going to score the goals so badly needed. There's not much wrong with the defence providing we can score 2 or more! So maybe time for Dozzy Dobra and bring back Roberts.
Evans on 21:43 - Feb 22 with 3462 viewsFtnfwest

Robins seems to get by with less at Coventry
Evans on 21:59 - Feb 22 with 3425 viewsbraveblue

Evans on 20:28 - Feb 22 by Fixed_It

Do you really fall for that line?
Evans on 22:04 - Feb 22 with 3409 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Evans on 20:32 - Feb 22 by BryanPlug

He gets his teams running through doors for him!
A bit like the sheff Utd manager has done.
Mcgoldrick has turned up for every game! Rather than getting a stiff neck 1/2 way through!
Evans on 22:09 - Feb 22 with 3390 viewsjeera

Evans on 20:39 - Feb 22 by Blue_Armee

We need an owner who gives a sh1t about football and not just business.how long are we going to carry on going backwards. Keep burying heads in the sand and we will not have a club to support

You're not actually saying much though are you, and that's the problem with these posts.

Of course a better manager would get more from the squad. That's what makes him a better manager, otherwise are you pretending that Lambert would do just as good a job at Man City as Pep?

Evans only cares about business so loses a relative fortune on the club?

Complain by all means; there's plenty to complain about, but don't just make stuff up for the sake of it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Evans on 22:31 - Feb 22 with 3368 viewsoneoffposter

Who in this league is investing lots more than us? Oxford sold 2 of their best players in Jan because they need the money to keep afloat I doubt they are screaming and crying about the owner - it’s the reality at this level

Evans has made plenty of mistakes but at the time of the decisions you could see some logic in them

Even the lambert contract was agreed at a time we were top with big crowds every week - this isn’t a big issue for me as it won’t stop him sacking him if he needs to it will just cost him a few more quid which is his problem.

This will make me popular but taking a step back to look at it and putting likability etc to one side:

If you compare him to Sheepshanks there is an argument that he is a better owner/chairman, he has funded the club to run at a large loss over the course of his ownership - sheepshanks never invested a penny he sold our best players every year in the championship and burley (who he didn’t appoint) managed to keep creating good teams - Evans put clauses in the players contacts to reduce salaries on relegation - sheepshanks never bothered and shoved us into administration

I think we are desperate for a scapegoat and because the character he is everyone is diving in 2 footed
Evans on 22:32 - Feb 22 with 3363 viewsSuperblue95

If you don’t think Lambert is an issue you should seek medical advice

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Evans on 03:14 - Feb 23 with 3248 viewsitfcbam

All this about investment, how much more money does he have to pump in?? Big player budget this season, funded how?? Think the issue is not how much but how it has been spent. many on here think they guy walks round with a blank chequebook. the 'business' runs at a significant loss which needs to be covered before any additional money is spent. Yes would love a new owner and a different direction but there arent exactly people queuing up to buy us is there?
Evans on 06:05 - Feb 23 with 3226 viewsChrisd

Evans on 20:26 - Feb 22 by J2BLUE

And the players need to be doing more themselves. Bottom of the Championship last season, another poor show this season. Perhaps it isn’t just PL where it’s the Emperor's New Clothes? When’s the penny going to drop for some on here? You can’t keep playing the better sides and failing. Yes, you can argue it’s on PL tactically, but he isn’t the one crossing that white line, time and time again. We had an average L1 squad last season, to me we still have and that’s why we find ourselves where we do.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Evans on 06:09 - Feb 23 with 3223 viewsReuser_is_God

So by that logic if Lambert was at City he’d be winning the Prem with 100 points?

Okay then.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Evans on 06:33 - Feb 23 with 3207 viewsWeWereZombies

Evans on 03:14 - Feb 23 by itfcbam

All this about investment, how much more money does he have to pump in?? Big player budget this season, funded how?? Think the issue is not how much but how it has been spent. many on here think they guy walks round with a blank chequebook. the 'business' runs at a significant loss which needs to be covered before any additional money is spent. Yes would love a new owner and a different direction but there arent exactly people queuing up to buy us is there?

I have my doubts about how much Evans actually 'pumps' in, as far as the books go we see six million a year (part of an ever increasing debt that someone will have to pay off or write off in the future) but inter-company charges, tax set-offs and intangibles in the form of the prestige that owning a football club that has a history may actually give Evans gains on the enterprise as a whole. And that is why I think us being in the Third Division is not the biggest deal to him.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 21:05]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Evans on 12:24 - Feb 23 with 3077 viewsTractorCam

You think Pep Guardiola would have us 8th in League One with this squad?

Dear oh dear.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Evans on 13:01 - Feb 23 with 3027 viewsbluefunk

Lambert has been backed to a maintain a squad of 24 players - it wasn’t Evans who rotated the team, losing all momentum after a great start, it wasn’t Evans who failed to keep players feet on the ground after that start, and it wasn’t anyone other than Lambert who consistently fails to organise and motivate his team to deliver a performance over 90 minutes in crucial games. There’s plenty to blame Evans over but this season is down to Lambert
Evans on 13:11 - Feb 23 with 3006 viewsBluefish

We probably have the highest wage bill in the division. Bit of a silly comment, Pep would have walked this league

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Evans on 21:03 - Feb 29 with 2817 viewsBlue_Armee

Evans on 13:11 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

We probably have the highest wage bill in the division. Bit of a silly comment, Pep would have walked this league

Still the problem, yes Lamberts tactics are poor but the players at our club are poor even at division 3 level because of Evans lack of investment. Evans needs to f”ck off

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024