Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this because.... 10:13 - Feb 29 with 43842 viewshampstead_blue

....a middle aged white, privileged, probably Oxbridge man in a safe job for life cannot accept working for a very determined and strong woman?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51687287

She has clearly taken away his power base and he does not like it one bit.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is this because.... on 08:45 - Mar 5 with 1260 viewsHerbivore

Is this because.... on 08:39 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

Is this because.... by GlasgowBlue 4 Mar 2020 15:49
Let's be honest. If you condemn Tory bullying but trivialise, dismiss or defend Labour bullying then you don't care about bullying. You care about party politics.

Edit. If you actually read what I posted with an open mind then you would see that I haven’t tried to turn this thread into one about antisemtism. The two people who have done that are footers and DK.

I’ve addressed the issue of bullying and the contrast in reactions from those in the left and the right when it is relating to their “side”.

You’ve gone hard on Patel, with good reason, in this thread regarding bullying. Can you provide a link to your contributions to the thread over the Labour staffers being bullied to the extent that they considered suicide? Or did getting a Labour government trump bullying in that instance?

Can you provide a link to your comments regarding Bercow’s bullying! Or did frustrating Brexit trump bullying in that instance?

If you really cared about bullying then you’d be able to link those comments in seconds. If you dint then we can only conclude you don’t care about bullying. You care about about playing party politics
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 9:30]

I'm not going to engage with your whataboutery. It's tiresome. You always do this, offer a tokenistic condemnation of the right's behaviour but quickly add "but what about the left eh, bunch of hypocrites". You don't do this on threads attacking Labour funnily enough, you tend to just condemn the behaviour rather than suggest that the right are hypocrites. Essentially you do precisely what you accuse others of doing, but it was ever thus. Glassers Laws of Internet Fairplay never have applied to their author.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is this because.... on 08:47 - Mar 5 with 1258 viewsWeWereZombies

Woohoooo - made it ten pages

Well done you

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Is this because.... on 08:49 - Mar 5 with 1248 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this because.... on 08:47 - Mar 5 by WeWereZombies

Woohoooo - made it ten pages

Well done you

Quite something given the only correct answer was in the first reply.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this because.... on 08:54 - Mar 5 with 1234 viewsHerbivore

Is this because.... on 08:49 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

Quite something given the only correct answer was in the first reply.

I mainly walked away after nailing it, but popped back on to see what was what. The usual, basically.

Is this because.... on 09:10 - Mar 5 with 1221 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 08:54 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

I mainly walked away after nailing it, but popped back on to see what was what. The usual, basically.

I thought your answer was rather unpleasant.

Interesting PMQ's yesterday. JC calling for her head and BJ nailing the reply stating many women had to leave the labour party due to bullying.

There has been some interesting coverage about this. R4 had one of Maggies former Private Secs on. Her take on Maggie, never backward in coming forward, was that female politicians have to been a lot more stern and firm to get things done. The tone being that CS's of a certain seniority are used to getting their own way, especially with women.

This is the point behind the OP.

It will take time for the workplace to be gender agnostic. Not soon enough for me.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is this because.... on 09:25 - Mar 5 with 1205 viewsDarth_Koont

Is this because.... on 09:10 - Mar 5 by hampstead_blue

Interesting PMQ's yesterday. JC calling for her head and BJ nailing the reply stating many women had to leave the labour party due to bullying.

There has been some interesting coverage about this. R4 had one of Maggies former Private Secs on. Her take on Maggie, never backward in coming forward, was that female politicians have to been a lot more stern and firm to get things done. The tone being that CS's of a certain seniority are used to getting their own way, especially with women.

It will take time for the workplace to be gender agnostic. Not soon enough for me.

Why are you still digging?

You've characterised this as something it is not.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is this because.... on 09:31 - Mar 5 with 1185 viewsHerbivore

Bless.

Is this because.... on 09:38 - Mar 5 with 1177 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is this because.... on 08:45 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

I'm not going to engage with your whataboutery. It's tiresome. You always do this, offer a tokenistic condemnation of the right's behaviour but quickly add "but what about the left eh, bunch of hypocrites". You don't do this on threads attacking Labour funnily enough, you tend to just condemn the behaviour rather than suggest that the right are hypocrites. Essentially you do precisely what you accuse others of doing, but it was ever thus. Glassers Laws of Internet Fairplay never have applied to their author.

The left and right are hypocrites in this subject.

Is this because.... by GlasgowBlue 4 Mar 2020 14:30
Labour staffers driven to contemplating suicide due to bullying.

The Left: nothing to see here. Just politically motivated smears.

Priti Patel's staff driven to contemplating suicide due to bullying.
The Right: Nothing to see here. Just politically motivated smears.

And neither side can see their rank hypocrisy.

I could count in one hand the left leaning people on this board who are consistent in this issue. Bluebadger, SteveM, Stokie, Ryory, Guthers........I’m struggling to think of others who condemn the side that they sing lean to.

The rest of you are as guilty of playing one sided party political games in the same way as you accuse the likes of Hampstead of doing.

Edit. Stockie is more of a centrist but the point still stands.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 9:54]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Is this because.... on 09:42 - Mar 5 with 1166 viewsHerbivore

Is this because.... on 09:38 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

I could count in one hand the left leaning people on this board who are consistent in this issue. Bluebadger, SteveM, Stokie, Ryory, Guthers........I’m struggling to think of others who condemn the side that they sing lean to.

The rest of you are as guilty of playing one sided party political games in the same way as you accuse the likes of Hampstead of doing.

As I said, there's no point in getting into this with you. I see what you do and I have my view on it. Have a good day.

Is this because.... on 09:45 - Mar 5 with 1163 viewsDarth_Koont

Is this because.... on 09:38 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

In your opinion.

With the exception of Stokie who has tried to engage with the evidence to some degree, you're talking about people who have studiously ignored evidence to make or repeat the same accusations. Though not to your level, quite clearly.

Calling out racism, for example, on both sides isn't the same when there's much less evidence for it on one side than the other. It's the desire to establish equivalence that is highly disingenuous.

Is this because.... on 09:55 - Mar 5 with 1142 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is this because.... on 09:42 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

As I said, there's no point in getting into this with you. I see what you do and I have my view on it. Have a good day.

We shall agree to disagree. Have a good day yourself.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is this because.... on 14:12 - Mar 5 with 1070 viewsHARRY10

And some might point out the hypocrisy of Johnson talking about the treatment of women given his adultery, lying to one woman in order that she had an abortion, fathering another child after lying to that mother....

But this is not about his private life, or about how a political party conducts itself

It is about accountability of a senior government minister. You will note the word government. As unlike the former two that one IS accountable to the electorate, and elected MPs.

This has moved way beyond disproving the rightie nonsense of the OP as further evidence emerges daily of this woman's previous behaviour over many years.

It brings into question the PM's judgement in appointing someone to that office who is not only a known liability but is clealy not up to the job.

And no whataboutery from you, GB or any other rightie lickspittle will change that.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/04/boris-johnson-pushed-to-disclos
Is this because.... on 16:09 - Mar 5 with 1034 viewstractordownsouth

Is this because.... on 08:38 - Mar 5 by GaryCooper

If Patel was a labour home secretary I am pretty certain that if her competency was questioned the accusation of racism for questioning that competency would follow, yes I suppose it is whataboutery, it is also dogmatic myopia if not expanded.

You're completely missing the point.

Criticism of Abbott and Patel is fine. Racist abuse of either is not.

They have both been rightly criticised for their incompetence

However, Abbott has received racist abuse on wide scale, Patel has not.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Is this because.... on 17:31 - Mar 5 with 1000 viewssparks

Is this because.... on 16:09 - Mar 5 by tractordownsouth

You're completely missing the point.

Criticism of Abbott and Patel is fine. Racist abuse of either is not.

They have both been rightly criticised for their incompetence

However, Abbott has received racist abuse on wide scale, Patel has not.

Well- she hasnt publicised it. And probably isnt so prominent on social media...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Is this because.... on 17:44 - Mar 5 with 983 viewsDarth_Koont

Is this because.... on 17:31 - Mar 5 by sparks

Well- she hasnt publicised it. And probably isnt so prominent on social media...

Racists and misogynists are everywhere. There’s no doubt Patel will have received racist and misogynistic abuse - regrettably everyone does.

But an independent study showed Abbott received almost half the abuse of ALL female MPs. I don’t think it’s a stretch to imagine she gets a disproportionate amount of the racist abuse either. Especially considering her opponents are statistically much more likely to be racist than opponents of right-wing politicians.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024