Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finish the season now 12:22 - Mar 16 with 5468 viewsitfcjoe

Top 3 go up
Bottom 3 go down

Roll on 20/21

Life isn’t fair, pandemics aren’t fair, football isn’t fair - why the need to over complicate it if it goes on for much longer

I think either void or finish the season as is, and finishing it as is seems much fairer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Finish the season now on 17:22 - Mar 16 with 596 viewsPJH

Finish the season now on 16:44 - Mar 16 by ITFC_Forever

But there's not a precedent, you can't include the 1939-40 season as it was abandoned after only a handful of games.

Yes, as I said on one of the many other threads (so far) on the subject calling off 1939/40 season after three games (which is what ITFC had played) is very different to calling it off after thirty odd games.
Finish the season now on 17:53 - Mar 16 with 581 viewsmonty_radio

Finish the season now on 17:22 - Mar 16 by PJH

Yes, as I said on one of the many other threads (so far) on the subject calling off 1939/40 season after three games (which is what ITFC had played) is very different to calling it off after thirty odd games.

Assuming that the scoring stats for such a season were scrubbed, then bang goes our chance of getting a few extra bob for Woolfie as a goalscoring defender when his one strike is chalked off.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Finish the season now on 18:09 - Mar 16 with 568 viewsKeaneish

Finish the season now on 16:44 - Mar 16 by ITFC_Forever

But there's not a precedent, you can't include the 1939-40 season as it was abandoned after only a handful of games.

Why not? It’s still precedent.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Finish the season now on 18:17 - Mar 16 with 565 viewsPecker

I have been saying this for the last week, but you cannot relegate or promote clubs, that isn't fair. The top side gets to put the title on their honours board, but everybody stays as they are and reset for next season. To relegate clubs really isn't fair.
Finish the season now on 18:25 - Mar 16 with 563 viewsDennyx4

Finish the season now on 13:41 - Mar 16 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

An interesting point in seeing which PL team is likely to vote for null and void, I imagine:

For - Norwich, Villa, Brighton, West Ham, Spurs, Watford, Arsenal
, Man City, Bournemouth

Against - Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield United, Chelsea, Man Utd, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Wolves

Indifferent - Everton, Newcastle, Southampton,

If the season is null and void, surely that would mean that the Premier League do not have to pay out money based on the clubs final league position.

I bet none of the clubs would vote for the season being called null and void, if there was no prize money at the end of the season.
Finish the season now on 18:29 - Mar 16 with 562 viewsTrequartista

I don't know why you are still thinking about football.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Finish the season now on 18:29 - Mar 16 with 562 views44_not_out

How about promoting the three teams with the best average attendance, home and away?

Alternatively, how about most European trophies won.

Or possibly, teams with the most former managers who have got England to the semi finals of a World Cup or beyond??
Finish the season now on 20:52 - Mar 16 with 531 viewsKBsSocks

Finish the season now on 14:47 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

I think just restrict it to one up, one down this season. Seems unfair on those still challenging for safety to be relegated but not on those where it's all but a foregone conclusion.

I think this is about the fairest suggestion - with maybe an extra team to come up in the lower divisions (2 promoted) to make up for Bury's demise in L1.

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024