Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gamers 09:00 - Mar 17 with 2721 viewsNewcyBlue

How about organising some TWTD online gaming?

I’ve got an Xbox One and a Laptop with Football Manager on it.

For the Xbox one I have some shooting games and Fifa.

What do we all have? Anyone fancy a game or something?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Gamers on 09:06 - Mar 17 with 1451 viewsbluelagos

I was quite good at pong back in the day. Could do that thing where you hit the ball on the top of the bat and it went off at a funny angle and my kid sister couldnt get to it.

Retired undefeated at about 10 and never played since ;-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Gamers on 09:08 - Mar 17 with 1441 viewsNewcyBlue

Gamers on 09:06 - Mar 17 by bluelagos

I was quite good at pong back in the day. Could do that thing where you hit the ball on the top of the bat and it went off at a funny angle and my kid sister couldnt get to it.

Retired undefeated at about 10 and never played since ;-)

That’s a no then?

I’m making a pong right now in our bathroom. Luckily MrsN is at work.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Gamers on 09:27 - Mar 17 with 1415 viewsIpswich_Crazy

What about the PC gamers of the TWTD? Not everyone has a Xbox or PlayStation..

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Gamers on 09:29 - Mar 17 with 1409 viewsgiant_stow

Can anyone advice what's the best machine to get a 7 year old? He loves FIFA - do both exbox and ps4 do that?

Which is the best value for money and likely to last?

Know nothing about this, but thinking we need lockdown tools and a nice thing instead of a birthday party.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Gamers on 09:31 - Mar 17 with 1406 viewsDanTheMan

Gamers on 09:29 - Mar 17 by giant_stow

Can anyone advice what's the best machine to get a 7 year old? He loves FIFA - do both exbox and ps4 do that?

Know nothing about this, but thinking we need lockdown tools and a nice thing instead of a birthday party.

Basically every console has FIFA. They should be fairly cheap at the moment because the new lot will be coming this winter.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Gamers on 09:32 - Mar 17 with 1402 viewsbluelagos

Gamers on 09:08 - Mar 17 by NewcyBlue

That’s a no then?

I’m making a pong right now in our bathroom. Luckily MrsN is at work.

Not for me Newky. But if it means less people on the Suffolk roads am all for it ;-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Gamers on 09:33 - Mar 17 with 1396 viewsgiant_stow

Gamers on 09:31 - Mar 17 by DanTheMan

Basically every console has FIFA. They should be fairly cheap at the moment because the new lot will be coming this winter.

Cheers Dan.

What should cheap look like? And is one better than the other?

And should I worry about spec - just had a look and they seem to have different hard drives...

Thanks in advance...

Edit: is this a good deal: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fifa-20-500GB-PS4-Bundle/dp/B07WMSYCD2/ref=sr_1_1?keywo
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 9:34]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Gamers on 09:33 - Mar 17 with 1395 viewssparks

Gamers on 09:27 - Mar 17 by Ipswich_Crazy

What about the PC gamers of the TWTD? Not everyone has a Xbox or PlayStation..

Would depend on the game...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Gamers on 09:36 - Mar 17 with 1382 viewsDanTheMan

Gamers on 09:33 - Mar 17 by giant_stow

Cheers Dan.

What should cheap look like? And is one better than the other?

And should I worry about spec - just had a look and they seem to have different hard drives...

Thanks in advance...

Edit: is this a good deal: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fifa-20-500GB-PS4-Bundle/dp/B07WMSYCD2/ref=sr_1_1?keywo
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 9:34]

Not sure on the price (I'm mainly on PC) but should be able to find some good deals on here:
https://pricespy.co.uk/

"And is one better than the other?"

Not in any real terms, the main thing would be what do his friends have so he can play with them.

The specs and hard drives are basically just that you can install more games at once. There are some other things like 4K support and 60FPS modes but I wouldn't worry about those for games like FIFA.

Gamers on 09:39 - Mar 17 with 1374 viewsDanTheMan

Gamers on 09:33 - Mar 17 by sparks

Would depend on the game...

Paradox games would take us a while!

Gamers on 09:41 - Mar 17 with 1369 viewsStokieBlue

Gamers on 09:29 - Mar 17 by giant_stow

I'm a bit harsh I guess but mine just have a Retropie.

They were enjoying Super Mario Kart the other day though - still excellent. I was rather partial to a bit of Final Fight and NHL Hockey 95.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Gamers on 09:41 - Mar 17 with 1368 viewsgiant_stow

Gamers on 09:36 - Mar 17 by DanTheMan

Not sure on the price (I'm mainly on PC) but should be able to find some good deals on here:
https://pricespy.co.uk/

"And is one better than the other?"

Not in any real terms, the main thing would be what do his friends have so he can play with them.

The specs and hard drives are basically just that you can install more games at once. There are some other things like 4K support and 60FPS modes but I wouldn't worry about those for games like FIFA.

Thank you loads mr - really appreciate it.

Gamers on 09:44 - Mar 17 with 1364 viewsgiant_stow

Gamers on 09:41 - Mar 17 by StokieBlue

I'm a bit harsh I guess but mine just have a Retropie.

They were enjoying Super Mario Kart the other day though - still excellent. I was rather partial to a bit of Final Fight and NHL Hockey 95.

SB

That looks good!

No harsh -we've been telling him no games box till he's 8, but he's also been looking forward to his birthday party (in May) for months, so it'll be devastating when he realises it's not gonna happen. Just thinking the games machine policy might need a re-think to take the edge off.

Gamers on 10:06 - Mar 17 with 1332 viewsBlueBadger

I'm a PS$ man myself and not over-fond of the current iteration of FIFa, but I'll gladly take out fellow hunters in 'Monster Hunter World'...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Gamers on 10:23 - Mar 17 with 1316 viewsfooters

Seen as we're in it for the long haul, I'd get a copy of Civ to play with people :)

But don't touch my oracle.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Gamers on 10:24 - Mar 17 with 1301 viewsmonytowbray

I'm on PS4 but to be honest beyond Fifa I don't really do online gaming.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Gamers on 10:44 - Mar 17 with 1278 viewsYeet1981

Gamers on 09:44 - Mar 17 by giant_stow

That looks good!

No harsh -we've been telling him no games box till he's 8, but he's also been looking forward to his birthday party (in May) for months, so it'll be devastating when he realises it's not gonna happen. Just thinking the games machine policy might need a re-think to take the edge off.

Xbox I’d say. Get a bundle with Fifa and Xbox live subscription. U need that to play online with friends. Usually get 3 months free with a deal. £15 every 3 months after I think. Try and copy what his friends have though. And get one with a disc drive so u can buy extra games for presents etc. Downloaded games don’t make good unwrapping.
Gamers on 10:44 - Mar 17 with 1277 viewsBlueBadger

Gamers on 10:24 - Mar 17 by monytowbray

I'm on PS4 but to be honest beyond Fifa I don't really do online gaming.

If you promise not to flap, I'll let you buddy up with me on Monster Hunter World...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Gamers on 10:45 - Mar 17 with 1267 viewsmonytowbray

Gamers on 10:44 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

If you promise not to flap, I'll let you buddy up with me on Monster Hunter World...

Not even sure what that game is.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Gamers on 10:51 - Mar 17 with 1251 viewsBlueBadger

Gamers on 10:45 - Mar 17 by monytowbray

Not even sure what that game is.

The name 'Monster Hunter' is a pretty big clue as to what the game largely involves you doing....

[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 10:51]

Gamers on 10:51 - Mar 17 with 1246 viewsLankHenners

I downloaded the mass of updates I had on GTA V for PS4 this weekend as I felt now would be a good time to get back into some sort of gaming. Might download latest FM on my laptop later as well.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Gamers on 10:54 - Mar 17 with 1239 viewsfooters

Gamers on 10:51 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

The name 'Monster Hunter' is a pretty big clue as to what the game largely involves you doing....

So it's a racing game?

Gamers on 11:40 - Mar 17 with 1204 viewsDarth_Koont

Gamers on 10:51 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

Not meeting girls?

Pronouns: He/Him

Gamers on 11:42 - Mar 17 with 1199 viewsPhilTWTD

Good thinking, we also used to have organised poker tournaments on here at one time. If someone's up for setting something along those lines up I'll promote it on the news pages.
Gamers on 11:44 - Mar 17 with 1188 viewsfooters

Gamers on 11:42 - Mar 17 by PhilTWTD

Good thinking, we also used to have organised poker tournaments on here at one time. If someone's up for setting something along those lines up I'll promote it on the news pages.

Yeah, and cash in from the affiliate links. I see you, Lord Ham

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024