Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? 07:08 - Mar 24 with 4434 viewsSteve_M

Oh....

I'm going to go for a 5km walk at lunchtime or early afternoon but that's basically it. Stay safe all.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 09:25 - Mar 24 with 1308 viewsportmanking

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 08:58 - Mar 24 by ITFC_Forever

Walked the dog round the block at 8am, work from home all day, then go for a 5k run around 6-ish.

We started the Back To The Future trilogy last night, so we're on to the second one tonight. (Kids haven't seen them).

That's technically two forms of outside exercise, no?

*scratches head*
Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 09:27 - Mar 24 with 1294 viewsfactual_blue

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 09:02 - Mar 24 by footers

Good point. That Danish is a bit of a guilty pleasure. Will need to sweat that off.

I'd suggest you pop into Sports Direct for some new Nikes before you hit the gym.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:09 - Mar 24 with 1249 viewsGeoffSentence

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 07:54 - Mar 24 by NewcyBlue

The government amended their rules for the lockdown to include moving children under the age of 18 between their parents homes.

So I am going to actually get to spend some time at home with Seb!

I heard Gove mention that on R4 this morning. He sounded a little flustered, apparently he had ballsed the message up on Good Morning Britain earlier.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:16 - Mar 24 with 1242 viewsSarge

1) work out how the f*ck I’m supposed to get back home to Surrey having spent the weekend in Suffolk making sure family and elderly have everything
2) wonder if its even worth going back there if I can’t see my girlfriend anyway and will then be completely alone
3) log in to online meeting and pretend to care
4) sleep
5) wake up, stare at the clock
6) sleep (hopefully)
7) wake up, cross March 24 off calendar
8) sleep, do again tomorrow
Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:24 - Mar 24 with 1218 viewsr2d2

Should people be going for 8km runs or 5km walks? They said exercise, but some people think they can be out all day. If everyone does this places will be packed. This virus can be dispersed by coughing and the droplets can be airborne for up to 2 hours according to some speculation but this is something the scientists are still trying to work out. There must be a limit on how long you should be out exercising surely?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 10:33]
Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:25 - Mar 24 with 1210 viewsGeoffSentence

Hoping to dump a conference call for a contact centre that can't handle the volume of calls it is getting on our canadian team at noon, then will be out for my one exercise a day, which will be a stroll round the footpaths of the beautiful Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden triangle.

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:30 - Mar 24 with 1190 viewsartsbossbeard

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:24 - Mar 24 by r2d2

Should people be going for 8km runs or 5km walks? They said exercise, but some people think they can be out all day. If everyone does this places will be packed. This virus can be dispersed by coughing and the droplets can be airborne for up to 2 hours according to some speculation but this is something the scientists are still trying to work out. There must be a limit on how long you should be out exercising surely?

No, Gove confirmed it's carry on as you usually do this morning.

Maintain 2mtr distance from others, don't stop and chat to people and you're well within govt guidelines.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:33 - Mar 24 with 1168 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just has an online lecture. Wasn’t really much use. Basically a Skype kinda thing. Wasn’t productive at all.

Me and my mates simultaneously had a WhatsApp group call on whilst it was happening pissing around. A complete waste of 9k but there’s bigger problems in the world right now than a few quid.

Asides from that.. a bit of Fifa and a bit of our assignment due next week (Not given an extension which royally takes the piss)

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:33 - Mar 24 with 1168 viewsGeoffSentence

I can see this could be a problem in cities where the parks and streets could get busy. Should be OK out in the countryside where there is hardly anyone around.

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:36 - Mar 24 with 1157 viewsr2d2

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:33 - Mar 24 by GeoffSentence

I can see this could be a problem in cities where the parks and streets could get busy. Should be OK out in the countryside where there is hardly anyone around.

Agreed in the countryside. Not everyone has that benefit though. Does that mean this weekend everyone will be out as usual, only pretending they are exercising? This isnt going to end well.
Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:47 - Mar 24 with 1136 viewsRadlett_blue

Morning task - trying to work out how long our tennis club can survive on zero income but with £125k of annual overhead.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:51 - Mar 24 with 1114 viewsDevereuxxx

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 10:36 - Mar 24 by r2d2

Agreed in the countryside. Not everyone has that benefit though. Does that mean this weekend everyone will be out as usual, only pretending they are exercising? This isnt going to end well.

As someone who goes out on runs pretty often (humble brag), when I did one of my usual routes on Sunday round Wandsworth Common it was the most amount of runners I've ever seen in the park.

Overnight everyone in South London seems to have turned into a fitness fanatic.
Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 11:29 - Mar 24 with 1070 viewsMullet

Had to do a shop as the Mrs and boy are more at risk and that was pretty stressful. Done some marking and am planning material as per usual. But did an hour in the garden with a 2 year old who likes to see if he can bounce or not while the Mrs had a conference call, so I'll finish about 8pm for a bit of Football Manager and TV down time.

A week in and I've not adjusted at all well it seems.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 11:36 - Mar 24 with 1061 viewslinhdi

Got a full hour PT session at lunchtime - delivered remotely via Zoom. So I'm about to sort out the required equipment - tins of paint, shopping bags full of football programmes (for once, I am grateful that modern programmes are so heavy!), etc.

Do an hour's walk later to get the peds up.

Early afternoon, a Co-Op shop (avoiding busy places), then drop the whole lot at FIND.
Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 11:39 - Mar 24 with 1052 viewslinhdi

I was out for about an hour at 6pm yesterday, Foxhall Road area, and only saw about a dozen people (mostly with dogs), apart from one group of chavs loaded up with beers and clearly off to a party.
Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 11:41 - Mar 24 with 1050 viewsNewcyBlue

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 11:29 - Mar 24 by Mullet

Had to do a shop as the Mrs and boy are more at risk and that was pretty stressful. Done some marking and am planning material as per usual. But did an hour in the garden with a 2 year old who likes to see if he can bounce or not while the Mrs had a conference call, so I'll finish about 8pm for a bit of Football Manager and TV down time.

A week in and I've not adjusted at all well it seems.

Something sent around by seafarers... (my comments in brackets). I am a Deck Officer.

As a seafarer I have been doing self isolation since before self isolation was a thing, a few tips on how to do it properly:

If you have alcoholic drinks in the house, pour them away, go and buy the cheapest, nastiest tasting non alcoholic beer available, Korean brand Hite (sh!te) is particularly distressing to taste buds, remember your responsible enough to be in charge of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of ship, but not responsible enough to have a beer or two a day. (Dry ships)

Ensure your house alarm goes off at least 3 times a week, for realism preferably at 3 am, either muster outside in the pissing rain, waiting for the captain (the wife) to announce abandon ship, or get the garden hose rigged (if your a decky) or if Engineer run around in shorts and flips flops looking for the fire, until you find it's a steam leak.

Turn up your central heating to at least 40 degrees.

When the boiler breaks, spend two hours swearing at the thing cleaning and Re cleaning the pilot and main burners, then spend another hour with a multi meter, until you realise the circuit breaker has tripped. (at least a weekly task)

If something breaks, first always blame the deckies, then make a brew, then find the longest, most expensive way to fix the simplest problem.

3 x a day do rounds of the basement looking for various leaks or abnormal noises with variable degrees of disinterest.

If a decky is found below the top floor, ask them if there lost, if an Engineer is found above the bottom floor ask them if they have had a nose bleed yet or if they are light headed.

If your a decky, ensure the coffee machine is working, get your self comfy and enjoy the view.

If your an Engineer make sure the coffee machine is working, make a cup and then don't drink it as the deckies have most likely broken something.

Once a day meet up with the deckies, listen to the captain (wife) with feigned interest, and then ignore every word that came out of their mouth for the rest of that day.

If Re fueling, fill up, and then spend at least 3 x the time doing paper work and arguing that you've been short changed by 2 litres, (again preferably at 3 am)

Make sure that you fill in dozens of pointless excel sheets daily and then email them to the sender, and don't expect a reply.

When doing your Asda online order, make sure that you order it at least 3 months in advance, and ensure that 3 emails a day, every day for the 3 months are exchanged arguing on price or stating that chicken stock is not a replacement item for an actual chicken.

Eat rice at least twice a day 6 times a week.

And remember, the local councils will not allow you past your front gate as you may be a criminal, carry some sort of infection, or just generally be a menace to society, so for 3 + months just sit tight in the confines of your home 😊 (This is a reference to not being given shore passes when getting into port)

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Morning All - Anyone got any plans for the day? on 19:45 - Mar 24 with 967 viewsSteve_M

Well I spent the best part of two hours with no internet this morning and have then been mainly catching up since. I did get my walk in the sun in at lunchtime which was necessary as I was a bit stressed beforehand.

One week WFH gone....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024