Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 month furlough for me come 1st April 08:53 - Mar 27 with 3652 viewsartsbossbeard

Decent outcome for me personally - I know that there's loads out there who are effected a lot worse than I.

The good news for TWTD'ers is that I'm going to be around here a lot more to brighten your day.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 08:56 - Mar 27 with 3613 viewsbluelagos

You know you can go out for long walks right?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 08:58 - Mar 27 with 3602 viewsartsbossbeard

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 08:56 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

You know you can go out for long walks right?

Yep. And/or run.

7.8k Tuesday, 8.1k yesterday and it's decent enough weather to get the bike out today for this warm weathered cyclist.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:03 - Mar 27 with 3576 viewsbluelagos

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 08:58 - Mar 27 by artsbossbeard

Yep. And/or run.

7.8k Tuesday, 8.1k yesterday and it's decent enough weather to get the bike out today for this warm weathered cyclist.

Depending on where you live, the ramblers website has loads of walks easy to access. All on legal footpaths and from 3 to 12 miles dependent on your desire.

Enjoy your ride, roads are empty atm ☺

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:25 - Mar 27 with 3497 viewsStokieBlue

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:03 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

Depending on where you live, the ramblers website has loads of walks easy to access. All on legal footpaths and from 3 to 12 miles dependent on your desire.

It's all a bit mixed messages again on this although I do feel for the government slightly - it's impossible to lay out every scenario and the rules in each case.

Yesterday the news had footage from a police drone of two people walking their dog in the peaks - there was nobody around but I guess because they had to drive there this was deemed as unacceptable exercise.

I guess they want to deter people from driving into the peaks from further afield but these guys were likely local and it was probably something they did every day. Seemed harsh to me.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:44 - Mar 27 with 3456 viewstextbackup

surely if its just you going in and sitting alone, they'll open up the arcade tav for you?

but on a serious note, could football clubs furlough their players?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 9:46]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:45 - Mar 27 with 3454 viewsr2d2

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:03 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

You arnt supposed to be going for 12 mile hikes or 8 mile runs. The Police are going to have drones up stopping this. Was on the news yesterday. If everyone thinks they are going to be doing this at the weekend again, then tougher laws will be enforced. A rifle butt around the back of the head may start to get this through to some people.
3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:46 - Mar 27 with 3451 viewsKieran_Knows

Good stuff ABB.

Please forgive my ignorance, could some care to explain how/when things will be set up for furlough? We’re probably going to put 2 of our chaps at work on it, but just wanted to get ahead of the curve and know what we need to do. Is it set up to use now? Or how do you go about it?

Cheers all.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:53 - Mar 27 with 3422 viewsartsbossbeard

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:44 - Mar 27 by textbackup

surely if its just you going in and sitting alone, they'll open up the arcade tav for you?

I can ask - I'll be skint in a week though..

One of the caveats of furlough is that I can't carry out any work business whilst furloughed, so I guess that would mean no training etc??

Login to get fewer ads

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:56 - Mar 27 with 3396 viewstextbackup

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:53 - Mar 27 by artsbossbeard

I can ask - I'll be skint in a week though..

One of the caveats of furlough is that I can't carry out any work business whilst furloughed, so I guess that would mean no training etc??

yeah guess so, I've not really read much into it...... but I do keep referring to it as "paul furlong"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:56 - Mar 27 with 3393 viewsartsbossbeard

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:46 - Mar 27 by Kieran_Knows

Good stuff ABB.

Please forgive my ignorance, could some care to explain how/when things will be set up for furlough? We’re probably going to put 2 of our chaps at work on it, but just wanted to get ahead of the curve and know what we need to do. Is it set up to use now? Or how do you go about it?

Cheers all.

Employers need to contact HMRC in regard - it's in the form of a grant that needs applying for but acceptance is confirmed.

Employers continue to pay the 80% wage and claim this back, so it's not ideal for companies with cashflow issues but other ways of handling cashflow issues are available. It works for my company, might not work for everyone.

As mentioned above, whilst furloughed I can not carry out on work business but I do get to keep my laptop, phone & car and common sense prevails (laptop/phone wise).

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 10:21 - Mar 27 with 3357 viewsPendejo

Despite being put on 3month furlough on Tuesday, I have received a text this morning saying that further instructions to follow.

The thing that bothers me is that my furlough was delivered verbally with no follow up confirmation by email, which I specifically requested.

The part of the business I work in has gone from being an arms length sub-company to being merely a brand: directors and senior managers filled just before covid19 set in. Parent company has just been taken over and new owners do not really understand what we do.

So I'm expecting some underhanded move relating to not being at work the last few days

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 10:36 - Mar 27 with 3307 viewshomer_123

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 10:21 - Mar 27 by Pendejo

Despite being put on 3month furlough on Tuesday, I have received a text this morning saying that further instructions to follow.

The thing that bothers me is that my furlough was delivered verbally with no follow up confirmation by email, which I specifically requested.

The part of the business I work in has gone from being an arms length sub-company to being merely a brand: directors and senior managers filled just before covid19 set in. Parent company has just been taken over and new owners do not really understand what we do.

So I'm expecting some underhanded move relating to not being at work the last few days

So, unless furlough is already covered by your contract of employment, you have the right to refuse it. As it's a change in your employment status.

It absolutely must be in writing detailing when it starts.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 12:31 - Mar 27 with 3194 viewsPendejo

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 10:36 - Mar 27 by homer_123

So, unless furlough is already covered by your contract of employment, you have the right to refuse it. As it's a change in your employment status.

It absolutely must be in writing detailing when it starts.

Have had the call.

1at April furlough to 31at May, email confirmation to come out today. Period to 31at March was / is extra (full) paid leave given by the Company.

Situation to be reviewed in 3 weeks

As for contract of employment, haven't seen one of those in over 10 years. Will dig up that one...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 12:57 - Mar 27 with 3157 viewsitfcjoe

I’ve been Furloughed since Wednesday, but has basically made me a stay at home Dad!

Can focus on degree I’m finishing and making sure I’m caught up on work for when I go back, no idea when that will be as yet

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 13:02 - Mar 27 with 3123 viewsbluelagos

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:45 - Mar 27 by r2d2

You arnt supposed to be going for 12 mile hikes or 8 mile runs. The Police are going to have drones up stopping this. Was on the news yesterday. If everyone thinks they are going to be doing this at the weekend again, then tougher laws will be enforced. A rifle butt around the back of the head may start to get this through to some people.

Do please provide a link to where this has been instructed by the govt. Solo exercise is absolutely fine and if they have told anyone how far, it's news to me.

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 13:03 - Mar 27 with 3116 viewsPinewoodblue

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:25 - Mar 27 by StokieBlue

It's all a bit mixed messages again on this although I do feel for the government slightly - it's impossible to lay out every scenario and the rules in each case.

Yesterday the news had footage from a police drone of two people walking their dog in the peaks - there was nobody around but I guess because they had to drive there this was deemed as unacceptable exercise.

I guess they want to deter people from driving into the peaks from further afield but these guys were likely local and it was probably something they did every day. Seemed harsh to me.

SB

You are not permitted to drive somewhere and then go for a walk. Your exercise must start and finish at your home address.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 13:17 - Mar 27 with 3054 viewsvapour_trail

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:56 - Mar 27 by artsbossbeard

Employers need to contact HMRC in regard - it's in the form of a grant that needs applying for but acceptance is confirmed.

Employers continue to pay the 80% wage and claim this back, so it's not ideal for companies with cashflow issues but other ways of handling cashflow issues are available. It works for my company, might not work for everyone.

As mentioned above, whilst furloughed I can not carry out on work business but I do get to keep my laptop, phone & car and common sense prevails (laptop/phone wise).

We are looking to furlough a third of our people. We will top them up to full wage.

Beware, you can be recalled after three weeks.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 13:30 - Mar 27 with 2991 viewsr2d2

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 13:02 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

Do please provide a link to where this has been instructed by the govt. Solo exercise is absolutely fine and if they have told anyone how far, it's news to me.

You can exercise, but come on 12 miles? If everyone acts like this at the weekend, tougher lockdown will be the result. The lanes and roads will be full of supposed joggers, bikes, walkers etc, if its anything like last weekend, as this will become everybody's excuse as to why they are out.
3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 13:33 - Mar 27 with 2979 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:44 - Mar 27 by textbackup

Probably, but seeing as the government will cover a max of £2,500 a month it won’t go very far!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 17:51 - Mar 27 with 2848 viewsartsbossbeard

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 13:33 - Mar 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Probably, but seeing as the government will cover a max of £2,500 a month it won’t go very far!

Spending in Arcade or player salary?

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 18:17 - Mar 27 with 2792 viewsStokieBlue

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 13:03 - Mar 27 by Pinewoodblue

You are not permitted to drive somewhere and then go for a walk. Your exercise must start and finish at your home address.

A sensible rule but one that was only announced today and thus after the situation in my point.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 22:00 - Mar 27 with 2629 viewsKieran_Knows

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:56 - Mar 27 by artsbossbeard

Cheers ABB.

I should’ve been a little clearer, I know how ‘furlough’ works. I was more thinking are things in place to start claiming that money back? Or is that a work in process?

In the meantime, I’ll get on to HMRC!

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 22:19 - Mar 27 with 2607 viewsLord_Lucan

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 22:00 - Mar 27 by Kieran_Knows

Cheers ABB.

I should’ve been a little clearer, I know how ‘furlough’ works. I was more thinking are things in place to start claiming that money back? Or is that a work in process?

In the meantime, I’ll get on to HMRC!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-ret

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 11:49 - Mar 28 with 2369 viewsLeaky

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 09:45 - Mar 27 by r2d2

sorry down voted you by mistake should have been an upy
3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 12:40 - Mar 28 with 2320 viewsKieran_Knows

3 month furlough for me come 1st April on 22:19 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-ret

Thanks Lucan!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024