Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? 07:44 - Apr 6 with 2969 viewsSteve_M

I'm not too bad, was feeling ill on Friday enough to wonder about symptoms but was a lot better Saturday after a load of sleep. Is everyone particularly conscious of any sign of illness at the moment? Bloody hayfever season is now well under way which is definitely going to help.

A good amount of exercise over the weekend, one brief five minute pause apart no resting in the middle and although I avoided Hampstead Heath people were good there so that won't be closed yet.

And now to another working week.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:31 - Apr 6 with 620 viewsGeoffSentence

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:15 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

I felt a few potential symptoms last week but seemed to dissipate before developing into anything serious, so think it was probably a cold.

Sadly my cousin John contracted it and died last week. He was 72 and had dementia and was in a care home, so was obviously vulnerable. Not someone I was especially close to and hadn't seen him in a while but still a shock and very sad.

Work-wise, trying to keep things ticking over on here despite the obvious lack of focus and current ad revenues meaning we're going to cover costs and not much more for the next little while, although we'll be able to cope with that.

There you go, I have just clicked on something about DocuSign, another one about bonds and another one about toolmakers.

That's your lunch paid for today.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:35 - Apr 6 with 608 viewsEwan_Oozami

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:23 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

Thanks. Indeed, I think it does make it more real when you hear of identifiable individuals dying rather than statistics on a graph at a press conference.

Sorry for your sad news Phil - Mrs Oozami's Father is also in a care home with dementia where they have had a couple of cases - she's not been able to see him for a month (apart from a couple of waves through the window), she's worried she might never see him again.
My sympathies go out to anyone impacted by this, it's tough enough to deal with it in normal times, let alone in the current situation..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:36 - Apr 6 with 605 viewsPhilTWTD

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:31 - Apr 6 by GeoffSentence

There you go, I have just clicked on something about DocuSign, another one about bonds and another one about toolmakers.

That's your lunch paid for today.

Cheers!
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:43 - Apr 6 with 595 viewsPhilTWTD

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:35 - Apr 6 by Ewan_Oozami

Sorry for your sad news Phil - Mrs Oozami's Father is also in a care home with dementia where they have had a couple of cases - she's not been able to see him for a month (apart from a couple of waves through the window), she's worried she might never see him again.
My sympathies go out to anyone impacted by this, it's tough enough to deal with it in normal times, let alone in the current situation..

Thanks. Very tough for your wife and other people in those circumstances.

And also tough for families regarding funerals for those that do die, only four people going to be at my cousin's, limited to just immediate family.
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:44 - Apr 6 with 593 viewsDebsyAngel

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:15 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

I felt a few potential symptoms last week but seemed to dissipate before developing into anything serious, so think it was probably a cold.

Sadly my cousin John contracted it and died last week. He was 72 and had dementia and was in a care home, so was obviously vulnerable. Not someone I was especially close to and hadn't seen him in a while but still a shock and very sad.

Work-wise, trying to keep things ticking over on here despite the obvious lack of focus and current ad revenues meaning we're going to cover costs and not much more for the next little while, although we'll be able to cope with that.

Sorry to hear about your cousin. May he rest in peace.
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:46 - Apr 6 with 588 viewsPhilTWTD

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:44 - Apr 6 by DebsyAngel

Sorry to hear about your cousin. May he rest in peace.

Thanks Debsy. Hope the lockdown starts to become easier for you.
Joking aside, and I'm sure it's been covered..... on 11:57 - Apr 6 with 569 viewsBloots

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:36 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

Cheers!

….but will it make much difference if we all make more of a conscious effort to click on ads at the moment?

I'm sure it's the least we could do given the current situation.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Joking aside, and I'm sure it's been covered..... on 12:04 - Apr 6 with 551 viewsPhilTWTD

Joking aside, and I'm sure it's been covered..... on 11:57 - Apr 6 by Bloots

….but will it make much difference if we all make more of a conscious effort to click on ads at the moment?

I'm sure it's the least we could do given the current situation.

Probably not hugely, to be honest, but every little helps, as they say. Obviously with large parts of the economy having shut down ad revenues are low. Not just affecting us, of course, I saw Reach, who own the Mirror, have put a fifth of their staff on furlough and others have taken pay cuts. A friend of mine, a sports reporter on a local paper, has been furloughed for the last couple of weeks. Nothing for him to report on and no one going out to buy newspapers.
Login to get fewer ads

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 12:23 - Apr 6 with 529 viewsBloots

Joking aside, and I'm sure it's been covered..... on 12:04 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

Probably not hugely, to be honest, but every little helps, as they say. Obviously with large parts of the economy having shut down ad revenues are low. Not just affecting us, of course, I saw Reach, who own the Mirror, have put a fifth of their staff on furlough and others have taken pay cuts. A friend of mine, a sports reporter on a local paper, has been furloughed for the last couple of weeks. Nothing for him to report on and no one going out to buy newspapers.

….will be the ability to try and garner something positive out of it.

I doubt there will be anyone that isn't effected negatively in one way or another.

Chin up......shall I start an argument to give you something to do?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 13:02 - Apr 6 with 504 viewsPhilTWTD

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 12:23 - Apr 6 by Bloots

….will be the ability to try and garner something positive out of it.

I doubt there will be anyone that isn't effected negatively in one way or another.

Chin up......shall I start an argument to give you something to do?

Yes, everyone will be affected and there will certainly be people far worse off than us in terms of their businesses and personal circumstances, as long as it doesn't carry on for too many months.

I think Keno's already sorted the argument de jour!
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 13:07 - Apr 6 with 480 viewstextbackup

absolutely spot on this end. been in the garden non stop with kids, making bird boxes, bonfires, whole variety of activities.
loads of exercise - away from any crowds, so yeah equates to more than the hr, but if im not seeing anyone on outings I don't believe this to be a problem.
shopping for grandparents, neighbours. genrally trying to be a cheerleader to help those around if feeling sht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 13:26 - Apr 6 with 459 viewsgiant_stow

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 13:02 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

Yes, everyone will be affected and there will certainly be people far worse off than us in terms of their businesses and personal circumstances, as long as it doesn't carry on for too many months.

I think Keno's already sorted the argument de jour!

If things get really bad financially, don't be shy on running a fundraiser - everyone chipping in a few quid would keep the site going and you in hobnobs.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 14:51 - Apr 6 with 442 viewsPhilTWTD

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 13:26 - Apr 6 by giant_stow

If things get really bad financially, don't be shy on running a fundraiser - everyone chipping in a few quid would keep the site going and you in hobnobs.

Thanks, will bear it in mind if things do start to get difficult. A bit frustrating that other than loans we can get no Government assistance, like a lot of small companies we fall through the cracks im their schemes.
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 18:41 - Apr 6 with 391 viewsMullet

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:05 - Apr 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

By "needing help" do you mean skint...the number of people without the means to save is what will put the real pressure on imho.

It's a very complex situation involving a young child and all sorts and one I'm still wrestling with, but essentially yes, part of it was that he needed a handout as crass as that makes me sound.

It seems those cracks people fall through are widening at a rate.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 18:42 - Apr 6 with 387 viewsMullet

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 14:51 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

Thanks, will bear it in mind if things do start to get difficult. A bit frustrating that other than loans we can get no Government assistance, like a lot of small companies we fall through the cracks im their schemes.

Condolences for the prior post Phil. I'm sure I used to buy stuff through an amazon link where TWTD got a cut, is that still a thing?

Would be great if people could do that now as it costs them nothing and you get a token benefit if so.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 18:52 - Apr 6 with 371 viewsPhilTWTD

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 18:42 - Apr 6 by Mullet

Condolences for the prior post Phil. I'm sure I used to buy stuff through an amazon link where TWTD got a cut, is that still a thing?

Would be great if people could do that now as it costs them nothing and you get a token benefit if so.

Thanks. I'm not entirely sure what happened with the Amazon shop, they ended the arrangement a year or two back. I'll talk to Gav about that as there may well be something we could do along those lines, we still do have an affiliate account.
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 18:55 - Apr 6 with 366 viewsMelford

Me and the old man have been decorating my house together. Got the bedrooms and stairs painted so far.

The front room is like a recording studio. Couple of guitars and loads of pedals, bass, keyboard and mike set-up, where I live I have no neighbours so I can have a good thrash-out.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 19:11 - Apr 6 with 340 viewsReuser_is_God

Have got into bit more of a routine now after the first week of the lockdown being a bit all over the place which made it drag on somewhat.

Time is going faster now that we are into more of a “normal” routine. I’m still working full time & missus 3 days so childcare is bit of a pain but it’s nice spending more time with my daughter so balances it out.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 19:20 - Apr 6 with 330 viewswoodbridge_blue

Never been busier at work....our greengrocers is open six days a week, we're delivering to the elderly and isolated of Woodbridge and Melton, constant phone calls and orders placed all day every day.

Hard work but really satisfying and sure beats staying indoors.

So far we are all staying healthy.
The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 19:30 - Apr 6 with 316 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The greatest skill we can develop through this..... on 13:26 - Apr 6 by giant_stow

Was about to post the same thing.

We all use this site so much and pay nothing for it. I'd be more than happy to contribute, especially now. Let us know how we do so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024