Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, what does the future holds for Lambert? 06:32 - Apr 26 with 2930 viewsbobbyramsey

I've got this worrying feeling that instead of being sacked for gross incompetence, that he will actually "get away with it" this time and that he will still be in residence at the start of the next campaign?
So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 06:52 - Apr 26 with 2088 viewsBluefish

It will end up in court

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 07:13 - Apr 26 with 2054 viewsJimmyJazz

Yes, whatever next season looks like he'll be in charge for the start

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 07:40 - Apr 26 with 2032 viewsChrisd

Of course PL will, he’s got extremely fortunate. The way we were faltering towards the end of the season, there was only going to be one outcome. For me, he needs to use this time and reflect, have a close look at his whole managerial approach and look to make changes. I’m not sure his coaching staff help either, they seem like yes men and don’t challenge him. PL’s whole demeanour suggested he was a dead man walking, he’d lost his enthusiasm and drive on the touchline during games. The last 20 months result wise has been dreadful, the players are part of the problem too as we have a few in our squad that are mediocre L1 players at best, but has PL got the appetite to want to change and adapt? Nevertheless, I’m still expecting PL on our touchline once we restart whether that’s finishing this season or the start of the next campaign.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 7:45]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 08:40 - Apr 26 with 1895 viewsitfcjoe

I hope that however the rest of the season plays out it allows Evans to get rid of Lambert at a 'failure' clause rate from his ridiculous contract.

If he does, or doesn't, is beside the point - but the failure of this season (and last) can't be voided from an ITFC perspective whatever the EFL decides.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 08:43 - Apr 26 with 1874 viewsFixed_It

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 08:40 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

I hope that however the rest of the season plays out it allows Evans to get rid of Lambert at a 'failure' clause rate from his ridiculous contract.

If he does, or doesn't, is beside the point - but the failure of this season (and last) can't be voided from an ITFC perspective whatever the EFL decides.

I am fairly certain he will still be here next season. The Lockdown has certainly worked in his favour. I'm ok with that as long as he hss learned from his mistakes. But we'll have to wait and see on that.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 08:45 - Apr 26 with 1867 viewsGuthrum

Think it depends rather a lot upon the lie of the land post-Covid. How much money is available (to pay him off and hire someone else). Who is available. What format football even takes.

Failure to win promotion will put a big dent in Lambert's prospects of continuing, especially the manner in which it has happened (one win and one draw - against the team in 20th - from nine matches). But, on the other hand, there's that vastly long contract hovering in the background, with its inevitably expensive pay-off. Plus Lambert's persuasiveness and Evans' habit of sticking with what he has rather than rolling the dice.

I really don't know what the outcome will be. Just that not only had the situation turned bad, but Lambert also seemed to have lost his grip on it. He was not showing the ability even to tighten things up and grind out results.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 08:47 - Apr 26 with 1855 viewsHerbivore

I hope the season is able to be concluded, if only because it'll be easier to sack him when we finish outside the top 6. If the season is voided it becomes trickier. I do have a horrible feeling though that this situation might give him a stay of execution. ME was able to be convinced by Lambert that he needed a 5 year deal, so it's not inconceivable he can convince him to give him some of next season. I really hope not though, he's up there with Hurst as one of the most hopeless managers we've ever had.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 09:38 - Apr 26 with 1753 viewsChurchman

I think he will be here next year. Hopefully he will do better, but I’m not holding my breath. As a manager, it feels to me like he’s ‘lost it’. Maybe his initial success at Scumcentral was down to his coach? I don’t know. Either way while the talk has been good, the actions haven’t.

Depressing and pessimistic though it is, I think mid table next year will be a real achievement. Our form after November was abject. We just couldn’t compete with the big boys like Rotherham, Wycombe and ground-less Coventry, god forbid. With the better players going in the summer I don’t think there’s much cause for optimism, sadly.

I suspect Evans will use C-19 as a cover to slash costs too, specifically wages and especially the Academy. Still, maybe having a club at all will be a result when the pandemic is over. I fear a few will go under.
Login to get fewer ads

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 09:39 - Apr 26 with 1749 viewsr2d2

He will start the next season, whenever that may happen. No way should he but circumstances mean he will. Talk about a get out of jail free card.
So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 09:44 - Apr 26 with 1738 viewsITFC_Forever

Hard to add much more to what’s already been said, but the suspension due to the virus has been a god-send for Lambert.
He was staring down the barrel, it shouldn’t be forgotten exactly how poor the Fleetwood debacle was.

The season needs to be played to a finish, not just so the clubs at the top of the divisions get their rewards, but also so Lambert gets his.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 10:11 - Apr 26 with 1689 viewshadleighboyblue

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 07:40 - Apr 26 by Chrisd

Of course PL will, he’s got extremely fortunate. The way we were faltering towards the end of the season, there was only going to be one outcome. For me, he needs to use this time and reflect, have a close look at his whole managerial approach and look to make changes. I’m not sure his coaching staff help either, they seem like yes men and don’t challenge him. PL’s whole demeanour suggested he was a dead man walking, he’d lost his enthusiasm and drive on the touchline during games. The last 20 months result wise has been dreadful, the players are part of the problem too as we have a few in our squad that are mediocre L1 players at best, but has PL got the appetite to want to change and adapt? Nevertheless, I’m still expecting PL on our touchline once we restart whether that’s finishing this season or the start of the next campaign.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 7:45]

Agree with you .

He is very lucky , but I think he will keep his job , thanks to the halt in games and the uncertainty about the future .In particular the financesl of the club , I doubt ME will be rushing to add to the costs by paying PL off , even though that was surely the way it was heading .

PL needs to change a lot and I agree he should start by refreshing his coaching staff , simply not good enough even at this level . Also look long and hard at some of the senior pros that failed to inspire , give some youngsters more game time .

It would be great to build a team around Downes and Wolfenden , but chances are at least one of them will be sold . Make Downes skipper and hope he stays .
So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 10:27 - Apr 26 with 1659 viewsHerbivore

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 08:43 - Apr 26 by Fixed_It

I am fairly certain he will still be here next season. The Lockdown has certainly worked in his favour. I'm ok with that as long as he hss learned from his mistakes. But we'll have to wait and see on that.

You're okay with that? Can I ask why? He's had an utter disaster of an 18 months in charge here.

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 10:49 - Apr 26 with 1601 viewsWD19

If the decision making involves even a brief glimpse at the league table the future should be clear.

As others have said, that will involve a visit to court where Lambert argues that a late run to the play offs was stolen away from him and he would have got us promoted it it were not for a global pandemic.

I worry that the easiest decision is to do nothing.
So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 10:51 - Apr 26 with 1591 viewsBlueBadger

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 08:43 - Apr 26 by Fixed_It

He's failed at every cub he's worked at post-Norwich. If he hadn't learnt from past mistakes before starting with us, he's not going to now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 10:54 - Apr 26 with 1586 viewsHerbivore

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 10:51 - Apr 26 by BlueBadger

He's failed at every cub he's worked at post-Norwich. If he hadn't learnt from past mistakes before starting with us, he's not going to now.

We've also got progressively worse under him. There's no indication he can improve and make us better. He's done as a manager.

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 11:25 - Apr 26 with 1542 viewsBluefish

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 10:54 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

We've also got progressively worse under him. There's no indication he can improve and make us better. He's done as a manager.

Bloody troll

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 11:55 - Apr 26 with 1500 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 10:27 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

You're okay with that? Can I ask why? He's had an utter disaster of an 18 months in charge here.

Depends if you think 18 months is long enough to turn around the lurching, listing, empty-canned battleship that is ITFC.

I'm not saying I've seen anything to convince me Lambert is the answer, other than on the PR side, but is 18 months really enough?

I'd also disagree with you that Lambert is up there with Hurst. At least Lambert has brought in some decent players.

Thing is, we keep chopping and changing managers, but the result is largely the same: a downward trend. Do we throw someone else in for 12-18 months, and then start pissing and moaning again, calling for a new saviour? How long do we go on like this before we realise there's more of a problem than simply changing the manager?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 11:59 - Apr 26 with 1492 viewsWD19

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 11:55 - Apr 26 by BrixtonBlue

Depends if you think 18 months is long enough to turn around the lurching, listing, empty-canned battleship that is ITFC.

I'm not saying I've seen anything to convince me Lambert is the answer, other than on the PR side, but is 18 months really enough?

I'd also disagree with you that Lambert is up there with Hurst. At least Lambert has brought in some decent players.

Thing is, we keep chopping and changing managers, but the result is largely the same: a downward trend. Do we throw someone else in for 12-18 months, and then start pissing and moaning again, calling for a new saviour? How long do we go on like this before we realise there's more of a problem than simply changing the manager?

Yes it’s enough. Really.
So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 11:59 - Apr 26 with 1492 viewsitfcjoe

We don't chop and change managers though - 18 months is a long time in modern football.

Without getting into a debate of whether there is more of a problem than simp[ly the manager, this manager hasn't done enough to show he is in anyway the answer to any problems (bar initial fan engagament - which shouldn't be overlooked)

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 12:02 - Apr 26 with 1480 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 11:59 - Apr 26 by WD19

Yes it’s enough. Really.

Is that just a feeling or do you base that on any evidence? Think how rubbish we've been for years. How utterly dire we were when we sacked Hurst. You think with no vast war chest, someone ought to be able to just turn that around and get us into an upward trend in 18 months?

I'm not convinced anyone could.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 12:03 - Apr 26 with 1478 viewsWD19

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 12:02 - Apr 26 by BrixtonBlue

Is that just a feeling or do you base that on any evidence? Think how rubbish we've been for years. How utterly dire we were when we sacked Hurst. You think with no vast war chest, someone ought to be able to just turn that around and get us into an upward trend in 18 months?

Whether somebody else could is unknown.

There is a body of evidence to demonstrate Lambert can’t.
So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 12:05 - Apr 26 with 1468 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 11:59 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

We don't chop and change managers though - 18 months is a long time in modern football.

Without getting into a debate of whether there is more of a problem than simp[ly the manager, this manager hasn't done enough to show he is in anyway the answer to any problems (bar initial fan engagament - which shouldn't be overlooked)

You've given the answer within your reply there. "18 months is a long time in modern football." Which is part of the problem for me. The modern fan wants success right now. People talk of 5 year plans but in reality few have the stomach for that long. And IMO ITFC isn't something that can be fixed so quickly.

I should reiterate, this is a wider point rather than a defence of Lambert, who I agree hasn't really shown any signs he's the man for it.

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 12:06 - Apr 26 with 1466 viewsitfcjoe

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 12:02 - Apr 26 by BrixtonBlue

There is an upward trend, and then there is 10th in L1 - coupled with how we started the season we are on as big a downward trend than we have been at any point.

We'd been a steady enough Championship club for best part of a decade before Hurst turned up

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 12:09 - Apr 26 with 1460 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 12:03 - Apr 26 by WD19

Whether somebody else could is unknown.

There is a body of evidence to demonstrate Lambert can’t.

I mean do you have any evidence that an ailing ship in as perilous a state as ITFC, with years of neglect and underfunding, can be fixed within 18 months? Forget Lambert, I mean generally.

Is there a similarly carp team out there that has been utterly transformed in 18 months? Genuine question, I don't follow football/other clubs enough to know of one.

So, what does the future holds for Lambert? on 12:10 - Apr 26 with 1460 viewsRadlett_blue

Town's real problems began when Keane came in & was allowed to turn the club & then the playing staff inside out. The Jewell era was also characterised by a huge turnover of players. Mick steadied the ship & his era was one of relative continuity of players, save the usual cheap punts, most of which didn't work, but the odd one did.
The most idiotic thing Evans did was allowing Hurst to turn the squad inside out again. This has set the club back years & it's really hard to see how we get out of it. We can hope Lambert can engineer a recovery (I see little evidence of this) or keep changing managers like Sheffield Utd did until they lucked out with the unheralded Chris Wilder.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024