Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cancelled DD 15:43 - Apr 27 with 9535 viewsJubba1975

Who else has taken the jump and stopped payments to ITFC??

[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 15:44]
Cancelled DD on 17:46 - Apr 28 with 1114 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 17:37 - Apr 28 by stonojnr

its their money, they are free to spend it how they like IMO, I chose not to renew my season ticket 8 years ago, I dont feel Ive missed much in the intervening years.

Of course they are, no-one said otherwise. It is a fact, however, if everyone chose to do that (or a significant portion did) the club would die.

I also think it's a fair comment to say if you're cancelling and it's not for understandable financial reasons, then you're not a true supporter. Those keeping the club going, even when the football itself is success-free, are the true supporters IMO.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Cancelled DD on 17:51 - Apr 28 with 1104 viewsHerbivore

Cancelled DD on 17:46 - Apr 28 by BrixtonBlue

Of course they are, no-one said otherwise. It is a fact, however, if everyone chose to do that (or a significant portion did) the club would die.

I also think it's a fair comment to say if you're cancelling and it's not for understandable financial reasons, then you're not a true supporter. Those keeping the club going, even when the football itself is success-free, are the true supporters IMO.

I'm not sure that is a fair comment, Dollers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cancelled DD on 17:59 - Apr 28 with 1098 viewsJ2BLUE

Cancelled DD on 17:51 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

There are certain people on here who have a need to be a super fan in their own head.

Let him have this one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cancelled DD on 18:08 - Apr 28 with 1090 viewsHerbivore

Cancelled DD on 17:59 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

There are certain people on here who have a need to be a super fan in their own head.

Let him have this one.

He is a legend in his own mind, I'll give him that one.

Cancelled DD on 18:22 - Apr 28 with 1080 viewscarlisleaway

Cancelled DD on 18:08 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

He is a legend in his own mind, I'll give him that one.

Must be a legend then, renewed my season ticket. Where would we be without a club to support or watch on a Saturday afternoon. Appreciate others will not be able to take this up, but as said before I support the badge and about time Marcus Evans was given some credit.
Cancelled DD on 18:28 - Apr 28 with 1068 viewsHerbivore

Cancelled DD on 18:22 - Apr 28 by carlisleaway

Must be a legend then, renewed my season ticket. Where would we be without a club to support or watch on a Saturday afternoon. Appreciate others will not be able to take this up, but as said before I support the badge and about time Marcus Evans was given some credit.

Good on you.

Cancelled DD on 18:35 - Apr 28 with 1066 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 17:59 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

Let him have this one.

I don't think I'm particularly a super fan, no. This is something certain people get angry about because I think they know it's right and they feel a bit guilty.

Is it not a fact that if everyone decided to give up their ST the club would die?
Is it not a fact that if you're cutting that income stream you're not exactly supporting the club, certainly not financially?

I don't wish to diss people, but these are just uncomfortable facts aren't they? Just because I'm stating them doesn't make me a super fan. There are people who put way more money into the club than I do, go to way more games and buy way more merch than me. I'm just stating what others don't like to state.

If you're cutting off your funding, and you don't need to because of financial problems, particularly in these difficult times for all football clubs but particularly lower league ones, then you can't really be said to be 'supporting' the club in any meaningful way, can you?

It's like the Tories clapping the NHS but refusing to back then financially when they had the chance.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Cancelled DD on 18:38 - Apr 28 with 1063 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 18:22 - Apr 28 by carlisleaway

Quite. I'm amazed that people are proudly declaring they've cancelled their ST and then getting upset that anyone might suggest they're not supporting the club. They're self evidently not supporting the club. It's also a fact that if everyone did the same the club would die.

Login to get fewer ads

Cancelled DD on 18:39 - Apr 28 with 1062 viewsTractorWood

I cancelled before the last payment went out. I tried by email and them last month. The email had a bounce back and the phone line never got through to anyone. This felt weirdly unsettling to me and prompted me to cancel as it was clear as day they'll be no games this season for ages.

Emailed them today and they emailed me back instantly to say they had actioned it.

Mine was 2 season tickets in the upper south so a slice more than lower North I've had in the past. Pretty unhappy with the 76 year contract for Lambert and general pain of supporting Ipswich to begin with let alone paying for it and not going.

In principal I'm not willing to pay for something I'm not receiving.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Cancelled DD on 18:52 - Apr 28 with 1051 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 17:51 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

I'm sorry, but in these perilous times for football, and lower league clubs in particular, in what way ARE you supporting the club?

I mean no disrespect, and if you can't justify the cost due to the current situation then obviously you have to put yourself and family first. But it is a fair comment that if you're withdrawing your funding just because you don't fancy it anymore, then you aren't meaningfully supporting the club.
I'm sorry but you just aren't, and if enough did the same the club would die.

These threads where people declare they're cancelling their DD always puzzle me. Why would you declare it? What purpose does it serve? If I was cancelling for whatever reason I'd just do it, I wouldn't feel the need to share my decision on a public forum.

I really hope it doesn't encourage others to say, "yeah feck it" because we really would be in trouble. That's why I say this stuff even if it makes me unpopular. I love the club, I want it to survive, and I want to see less of this declaring you're out.

Cancelled DD on 18:55 - Apr 28 with 1044 viewsHerbivore

Cancelled DD on 18:52 - Apr 28 by BrixtonBlue

I'm sorry, but in these perilous times for football, and lower league clubs in particular, in what way ARE you supporting the club?

I mean no disrespect, and if you can't justify the cost due to the current situation then obviously you have to put yourself and family first. But it is a fair comment that if you're withdrawing your funding just because you don't fancy it anymore, then you aren't meaningfully supporting the club.
I'm sorry but you just aren't, and if enough did the same the club would die.

These threads where people declare they're cancelling their DD always puzzle me. Why would you declare it? What purpose does it serve? If I was cancelling for whatever reason I'd just do it, I wouldn't feel the need to share my decision on a public forum.

I really hope it doesn't encourage others to say, "yeah feck it" because we really would be in trouble. That's why I say this stuff even if it makes me unpopular. I love the club, I want it to survive, and I want to see less of this declaring you're out.

Each to their own.

Cancelled DD on 18:56 - Apr 28 with 1048 viewstractorboy1978

Cancelled DD on 18:35 - Apr 28 by BrixtonBlue

I don't think I'm particularly a super fan, no. This is something certain people get angry about because I think they know it's right and they feel a bit guilty.

Is it not a fact that if everyone decided to give up their ST the club would die?
Is it not a fact that if you're cutting that income stream you're not exactly supporting the club, certainly not financially?

I don't wish to diss people, but these are just uncomfortable facts aren't they? Just because I'm stating them doesn't make me a super fan. There are people who put way more money into the club than I do, go to way more games and buy way more merch than me. I'm just stating what others don't like to state.

If you're cutting off your funding, and you don't need to because of financial problems, particularly in these difficult times for all football clubs but particularly lower league ones, then you can't really be said to be 'supporting' the club in any meaningful way, can you?

It's like the Tories clapping the NHS but refusing to back then financially when they had the chance.

If Evans chose not to bankroll the club we would die but that's the reality even if we had 20,000 season ticket holders.

Clubs in a more perilous position than us like Colchester and Accrington aren't looking to extract money from the fans - they are looking to take the EFL to task and/or cutting their cloth accordingly with players contracts and wages.

But, I do get where you are coming from generally and I feel an obligation to renew too out of blind loyalty to the club as I can afford to.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 20:15]
Cancelled DD on 19:06 - Apr 28 with 1030 viewsJ2BLUE

Cancelled DD on 18:35 - Apr 28 by BrixtonBlue

Have you got an email address? I would like to send you my finances spreadsheet. You can then let me know if i'm a real fan or not

Of course, I don't really care. I'm just making a point. People who are going to continue paying are obviously pretty confident they are safe in their jobs and the recession won't be hitting them too hard. I can completely understand people choosing to cut back on luxuries and build a bit of a cushion though (even if they can currently afford it) because we're heading for very hard times.

I fully appreciate that we can't rely on Evans for everything and it would be a bit unfair to expect him to fund everything BUT he did use our club as a short term investment which backfired spectacularly. Surely you can see why some people might be making the choice to pad their own nest a bit and leave the club to the man worth three quarters of a billion pounds? Again, i'm not saying that's an expectation we should have of the owner but I can see why some people would think like that. Especially if they have families.

Truly impaired.

Cancelled DD on 20:51 - Apr 28 with 987 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 18:56 - Apr 28 by tractorboy1978

If Evans chose not to bankroll the club we would die but that's the reality even if we had 20,000 season ticket holders.

Clubs in a more perilous position than us like Colchester and Accrington aren't looking to extract money from the fans - they are looking to take the EFL to task and/or cutting their cloth accordingly with players contracts and wages.

But, I do get where you are coming from generally and I feel an obligation to renew too out of blind loyalty to the club as I can afford to.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 20:15]

Surely if no-one renewed Evans wouldn't keep pouring his kid's inheritance into the black hole that is ITFC? Why would he? He'd just write it off and shut it down if no-one else cared.

I'm glad you at least see where I'm coming from. I don't mean any disrespect I just care about this club.

Cancelled DD on 21:23 - Apr 28 with 967 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 19:06 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

Have you got an email address? I would like to send you my finances spreadsheet. You can then let me know if i'm a real fan or not

Of course, I don't really care. I'm just making a point. People who are going to continue paying are obviously pretty confident they are safe in their jobs and the recession won't be hitting them too hard. I can completely understand people choosing to cut back on luxuries and build a bit of a cushion though (even if they can currently afford it) because we're heading for very hard times.

I fully appreciate that we can't rely on Evans for everything and it would be a bit unfair to expect him to fund everything BUT he did use our club as a short term investment which backfired spectacularly. Surely you can see why some people might be making the choice to pad their own nest a bit and leave the club to the man worth three quarters of a billion pounds? Again, i'm not saying that's an expectation we should have of the owner but I can see why some people would think like that. Especially if they have families.

You've literally gone to the thing I explicitly said I wasn't about. I said, quite clearly, this is not about people concerned about their finances. I say this every time I make this point and someone always jumps on it regardless... and then others agree with them. It's straw-manning and it happens every time.

The fact that it's always someone's go to (not saying you specifically) suggests they're on thin ice and looking for an easy way out. It's dishonest.

How many times do I have to say it's not about people who can't afford it before people stop using that as an excuse to attack my view?

Cancelled DD on 21:24 - Apr 28 with 965 viewsjas0999

Cancelled DD on 15:48 - Apr 27 by SitfcB

The way I see it is, until the football resumes with supporters in attendance, as a donation towards the club. Say what you want about Marcus Evans etc etc but the club needs are financial support more than ever and if my £27 a month can help towards that then so be it.

This. Whether I can afford to go next season remains to be seen though.
Cancelled DD on 21:31 - Apr 28 with 954 viewsJ2BLUE

Cancelled DD on 21:23 - Apr 28 by BrixtonBlue

You've literally gone to the thing I explicitly said I wasn't about. I said, quite clearly, this is not about people concerned about their finances. I say this every time I make this point and someone always jumps on it regardless... and then others agree with them. It's straw-manning and it happens every time.

The fact that it's always someone's go to (not saying you specifically) suggests they're on thin ice and looking for an easy way out. It's dishonest.

How many times do I have to say it's not about people who can't afford it before people stop using that as an excuse to attack my view?

My point was about people who can afford it but can see what is coming and decide it's an unneeded expense.

Truly impaired.

Cancelled DD on 21:41 - Apr 28 with 946 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 21:31 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

My point was about people who can afford it but can see what is coming and decide it's an unneeded expense.

Why are you repeating the straw man? I have quite explicitly said it's people who have decided to just give up and nothing to do with financial concerns.

Cancelled DD on 22:27 - Apr 28 with 909 viewsJ2BLUE

Cancelled DD on 21:41 - Apr 28 by BrixtonBlue

Why are you repeating the straw man? I have quite explicitly said it's people who have decided to just give up and nothing to do with financial concerns.

They/we are still choosing to give up despite being able to afford it right now. It just seems to me your blanket statement actually covers a tiny proportion of people. That's what annoys me about this site. People say things and then once you get into it they refine the point into something completely different.

I'm sure you won't agree with that.

Truly impaired.

Cancelled DD on 10:48 - Apr 29 with 802 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 22:27 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

They/we are still choosing to give up despite being able to afford it right now. It just seems to me your blanket statement actually covers a tiny proportion of people. That's what annoys me about this site. People say things and then once you get into it they refine the point into something completely different.

I'm sure you won't agree with that.

No of course I won't, because I've been very clear from the start. I haven't refined anything. I explicitly stated this wasn't about people with financial concerns because I knew someone like you would jump on it and say it anyway.

What annoys me about this site is people who twist what you actually said in order to 'win' the argument. Even when the poster has been explicit because they knew that was going to happen.

And here we are. QED.

Cancelled DD on 12:45 - Apr 29 with 767 viewsDinnernotTea

No chance of renewing. The Bart interview released this season made my mind up. He spoke of he and senior pros not believing Lambert in October 2018 when there were nearly 30 games to go that we could stay up. He, Chambers, Skuse etc all threw in the towel. I've seen the same pathetic attitude shown again this season, once we were slipping away from top 2 no one seemed bothered to play out of their skins to stop the slide.

The entire squad and football club is on easy street so enough is enough.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Cancelled DD on 12:51 - Apr 29 with 760 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cancelled DD on 17:46 - Apr 28 by BrixtonBlue

It's being reported we could lose £500k in gate receipts if the season is played behind closed doors or cancelled. There'll be a little bit of broadcast money lost if cancelled too.

Evans wasted about £2m on Toto and Nolan, so I can understand people for who money is tight deciding they don't want to subsidise ME's business, especially as they'd be paying for something they won't be receiving. I probably wouldn't cancel my DD but I wouldn't want to criticise people who do, as I haven't the first clue about their circumstances.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cancelled DD on 13:03 - Apr 29 with 759 viewsericclacton

It's just down to the individual, some will some will not. How i see it for what it's worth, if they come up with a powerful treatment for this monster or a vaccine, nobody is going to watch football at Portman Road for at least eight months from now, which is January of next year.

Cancelled DD on 13:18 - Apr 29 with 736 viewsHerbivore

Cancelled DD on 10:48 - Apr 29 by BrixtonBlue

No of course I won't, because I've been very clear from the start. I haven't refined anything. I explicitly stated this wasn't about people with financial concerns because I knew someone like you would jump on it and say it anyway.

What annoys me about this site is people who twist what you actually said in order to 'win' the argument. Even when the poster has been explicit because they knew that was going to happen.

And here we are. QED.

It's not that black and white though, Dollers. Where do you draw the line as to whose financial circumstances mean they can not renew and still be a true fan versus those who can't? Is it literally not having enough money to pay for a season ticket anymore? Is it acceptable to still have enough money but to feel you need to prioritise other things instead? Is it okay to have sufficient funds but feel that the cost is no longer justified?

My situation, for example, is that I might have to move for work in the foreseeable future so I don't know if I'll be able to make it to games. I have enough money in reserve that I can buy a ST up front and I don't anticipate my financial situation getting to a point where I couldn't afford a monthly direct debit either. So I can still afford a ST but there's a decent chance I won't be able to go to games, so I've decided that since ITFC isn't a charity I won't give them £30 a month for something I may not be able to use. Does that mean I'm still a true supporter or not? I've given the club thousands over the years and will still go to games where I can.

Cancelled DD on 13:59 - Apr 29 with 714 viewsJ2BLUE

Cancelled DD on 13:18 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

It's not that black and white though, Dollers. Where do you draw the line as to whose financial circumstances mean they can not renew and still be a true fan versus those who can't? Is it literally not having enough money to pay for a season ticket anymore? Is it acceptable to still have enough money but to feel you need to prioritise other things instead? Is it okay to have sufficient funds but feel that the cost is no longer justified?

My situation, for example, is that I might have to move for work in the foreseeable future so I don't know if I'll be able to make it to games. I have enough money in reserve that I can buy a ST up front and I don't anticipate my financial situation getting to a point where I couldn't afford a monthly direct debit either. So I can still afford a ST but there's a decent chance I won't be able to go to games, so I've decided that since ITFC isn't a charity I won't give them £30 a month for something I may not be able to use. Does that mean I'm still a true supporter or not? I've given the club thousands over the years and will still go to games where I can.

Well said.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024