Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cancelled DD 15:43 - Apr 27 with 9537 viewsJubba1975

Who else has taken the jump and stopped payments to ITFC??

[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 15:44]
Cancelled DD on 14:17 - Apr 29 with 838 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 12:51 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

It's being reported we could lose £500k in gate receipts if the season is played behind closed doors or cancelled. There'll be a little bit of broadcast money lost if cancelled too.

Evans wasted about £2m on Toto and Nolan, so I can understand people for who money is tight deciding they don't want to subsidise ME's business, especially as they'd be paying for something they won't be receiving. I probably wouldn't cancel my DD but I wouldn't want to criticise people who do, as I haven't the first clue about their circumstances.

Again, you're talking about people for whom "money is tight" and not having "the first clue about their circumstances" when I've explicitly stated I'm not knocking people who have very real money concerns.

Am I writing in Swahili or something?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Cancelled DD on 14:24 - Apr 29 with 821 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 13:18 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

It's not that black and white though, Dollers. Where do you draw the line as to whose financial circumstances mean they can not renew and still be a true fan versus those who can't? Is it literally not having enough money to pay for a season ticket anymore? Is it acceptable to still have enough money but to feel you need to prioritise other things instead? Is it okay to have sufficient funds but feel that the cost is no longer justified?

My situation, for example, is that I might have to move for work in the foreseeable future so I don't know if I'll be able to make it to games. I have enough money in reserve that I can buy a ST up front and I don't anticipate my financial situation getting to a point where I couldn't afford a monthly direct debit either. So I can still afford a ST but there's a decent chance I won't be able to go to games, so I've decided that since ITFC isn't a charity I won't give them £30 a month for something I may not be able to use. Does that mean I'm still a true supporter or not? I've given the club thousands over the years and will still go to games where I can.

Of course you are a true supporter! You have an absolutely legitimate reason for not renewing. I would've thought it goes without saying that not being able to get to games due to work reasons is a reasonable excuse for not getting a ST!

I'm not sure how to make it any clearer that I'm talking about people just giving up on the club, have better things to do etc, rather than people who have legitimate money worries (or people who physically aren't able to get to games, for whatever reason).

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Cancelled DD on 14:26 - Apr 29 with 816 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 13:59 - Apr 29 by J2BLUE

Well said.

Unbelievable.

You've literally chosen to decide for yourself what I've said and attack that rather than bother with the small detail of what I ACTUALLY said.

I've literally said nothing that contradicts Herbi's position.

Cancelled DD on 14:33 - Apr 29 with 796 viewsHerbivore

Cancelled DD on 14:24 - Apr 29 by BrixtonBlue

Of course you are a true supporter! You have an absolutely legitimate reason for not renewing. I would've thought it goes without saying that not being able to get to games due to work reasons is a reasonable excuse for not getting a ST!

I'm not sure how to make it any clearer that I'm talking about people just giving up on the club, have better things to do etc, rather than people who have legitimate money worries (or people who physically aren't able to get to games, for whatever reason).

There are always things to balance though, Dollers. Everyone has a different tipping point for when being a ST holder is no longer a priority over other things. People might have kids or elderly parents that they now feel they'd rather spend the time with. For others the cost of a ST, whilst something they could afford, might not stack up against the level of enjoyment they get from going to every game. I think it's harsh to suggest those people aren't true supporters. ST holders should be applauded and they are vital to the club, but I'm not sure that those who choose not to have a ST shouldn't be seen as true supporters.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cancelled DD on 16:18 - Apr 29 with 748 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 14:33 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

There are always things to balance though, Dollers. Everyone has a different tipping point for when being a ST holder is no longer a priority over other things. People might have kids or elderly parents that they now feel they'd rather spend the time with. For others the cost of a ST, whilst something they could afford, might not stack up against the level of enjoyment they get from going to every game. I think it's harsh to suggest those people aren't true supporters. ST holders should be applauded and they are vital to the club, but I'm not sure that those who choose not to have a ST shouldn't be seen as true supporters.

Well that's where we differ I guess. I think if you just give up on the club because you have better things to do, that's fair enough, but you can't then expect to be called a true supporter. It's quite hard to define what a 'true supporter' is, but I don't think giving up because you're bored, can't be bothered or have better things to do, are things that would be in that definition.

I do understand if people would rather spend the time with kids or elderly relatives though, particularly given the current climate.

Cancelled DD on 09:42 - Apr 30 with 648 viewsHarlestonblue

Cancelled DD on 16:18 - Apr 29 by BrixtonBlue

Well that's where we differ I guess. I think if you just give up on the club because you have better things to do, that's fair enough, but you can't then expect to be called a true supporter. It's quite hard to define what a 'true supporter' is, but I don't think giving up because you're bored, can't be bothered or have better things to do, are things that would be in that definition.

I do understand if people would rather spend the time with kids or elderly relatives though, particularly given the current climate.

I have signed up for the pre early bird season ticket offer. It's a good deal and if lots of us do it the club's cash flow problems will be eased.
I can afford it and I'm a life long fan. I do appreciate that some fans may not have the financial security I do and these are challenging times. I get that but our club needs us right now.
"We'll support you ever more?"
""ITID?"
Cancelled DD on 09:53 - Apr 30 with 646 viewsGeoffSentence

Cancelled DD on 09:48 - Apr 28 by JakeITFC

People who earn £4k a month presumably budget and spend £4k a month though.

Also, the furlough pay as I understand it is gross so I wouldn't necessarily assume he was on £4k a month net to start with (as others have).

My neighbour has been furloughed and was lamenting the fact that it only considers basic pay and a good chunk of his was from overtime and paid travelling time. So it actually works out at considerably less than 80% of what he would normally get.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cancelled DD on 11:11 - Apr 30 with 629 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 09:53 - Apr 30 by GeoffSentence

My neighbour has been furloughed and was lamenting the fact that it only considers basic pay and a good chunk of his was from overtime and paid travelling time. So it actually works out at considerably less than 80% of what he would normally get.

This is a massive issue for restaurant staff whose income is subsidised by tips, because tips, of course, aren't part of your basic pay.

Login to get fewer ads

Cancelled DD on 11:25 - Apr 30 with 621 viewstractorboy1978

Cancelled DD on 09:53 - Apr 30 by GeoffSentence

You can include overtime if it is compulsory (in the contract of employment). And whilst it isn't explicit in the guidance, if payment of his travel time is contractual then I would imagine that can be claimed too.

I'd tell him to check his contract.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 11:26]
Cancelled DD on 14:09 - Apr 30 with 574 viewsDinnernotTea

Cancelled DD on 09:42 - Apr 30 by Harlestonblue

I have signed up for the pre early bird season ticket offer. It's a good deal and if lots of us do it the club's cash flow problems will be eased.
I can afford it and I'm a life long fan. I do appreciate that some fans may not have the financial security I do and these are challenging times. I get that but our club needs us right now.
"We'll support you ever more?"
""ITID?"

I don't know where this fashion of unless you have a season ticket you can't support the club has come from? Just because someone doesn't renew or have a season ticket doesn't mean the club isn't financed. What if they went to 10 or 12 home games per season and spent £100 a season on merch? Over £300 right there.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Cancelled DD on 16:47 - Apr 30 with 541 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 14:09 - Apr 30 by DinnernotTea

I don't know where this fashion of unless you have a season ticket you can't support the club has come from? Just because someone doesn't renew or have a season ticket doesn't mean the club isn't financed. What if they went to 10 or 12 home games per season and spent £100 a season on merch? Over £300 right there.

The ST is the club's most important source of income. By knowing how many they have they can plan for the future.

Cancelled DD on 17:44 - Apr 30 with 519 viewsBlueNomad

I’m renewing. Just love going to live matches and looking forward to going back to PR. No-one should have to come on here and justify their financial reasons.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 17:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024