Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cancelled DD 15:43 - Apr 27 with 9551 viewsJubba1975

Who else has taken the jump and stopped payments to ITFC??

[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 15:44]
Cancelled DD on 06:57 - Apr 28 with 1281 viewsHerbivore

Cancelled DD on 02:01 - Apr 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Where has the financial contribution been throughout the past decade in the transfer markets though?

Too many windows have been and gone with no real ambition being invested into the playing squad.

Recruit has been overall p*ss poor for many of year.

I have no doubts, absolutely no doubts that come this transfer window Downes and Woolfenden will be sold and we will be looking around the bargain buckets again for bosman frees.

He's contributed £60m+ over the past decade.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cancelled DD on 06:58 - Apr 28 with 1278 viewsblueconscience

Cancelled DD on 06:57 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

He's contributed £60m+ over the past decade.

Which unfortunately is not a lot for a modern day championship club, hence the relegation.

But life goes on and it will be interesting to watch how far down the leagues we go with him at the helm.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Cancelled DD on 07:31 - Apr 28 with 1261 viewsitfc_bucks

Cancelled DD on 06:58 - Apr 28 by blueconscience

Which unfortunately is not a lot for a modern day championship club, hence the relegation.

But life goes on and it will be interesting to watch how far down the leagues we go with him at the helm.

Lots of people with short memories here though - were it not for him investing that £60m (and when you factor in transfer fees, it's significantly north of that. £60m is just operating costs), you would ve seen the old company struggle on with zero investment.

Didn't see a string of sheiks narrowly beaten to the boardroom by Evans, did you?
Cancelled DD on 07:41 - Apr 28 with 1254 viewsHerbivore

Cancelled DD on 06:58 - Apr 28 by blueconscience

It is a lot of money actually. A lot of smaller clubs haven't sunk anywhere near that. Most of the bigger clubs have had parachute payments to prop them up. There are some clubs, Derby most notably, that have sunk more cash in but they've not had too much more to show for it.

Cancelled DD on 07:59 - Apr 28 with 1232 viewsBluebell

Cancelled DD on 15:50 - Apr 27 by PJH

I pay upfront so I will lob in my contribution in the next couple of weeks.

This. We will too.

No reason not to. I want to go to games when/if the season starts in August. In my mind I have written off this season.

Why wouldn’t I want to support the club I have supported for many years?
Cancelled DD on 09:38 - Apr 28 with 1186 viewsr2d2

Cancelled DD on 18:03 - Apr 27 by Cotton_eyed_joe

I emailed and cancelled the DD. Being furloughed and over £1.5k a month down on take home I really cant justify paying for a season ticket when more important things are needed. Football is a luxury some cant afford at the minute.

1.5k down a month and being furloughed! You must be on a good whack then if you are down 1.5k a month. And still getting 80%. You should be one who can afford to carry on paying it. If not, you really need to look at how you are wasting your money.
Cancelled DD on 09:43 - Apr 28 with 1186 viewstractorboy1978

I'll be renewing but I fully respect the decision of those that are not.

It feels very wrong that fans are being asked to part with money at a time when it looks unlikely we will be watching games live at a stadium until at least the back end of this year, possibly 2021.
Cancelled DD on 09:48 - Apr 28 with 1176 viewsJakeITFC

Cancelled DD on 09:38 - Apr 28 by r2d2

1.5k down a month and being furloughed! You must be on a good whack then if you are down 1.5k a month. And still getting 80%. You should be one who can afford to carry on paying it. If not, you really need to look at how you are wasting your money.

People who earn £4k a month presumably budget and spend £4k a month though.

Also, the furlough pay as I understand it is gross so I wouldn't necessarily assume he was on £4k a month net to start with (as others have).
Login to get fewer ads

Cancelled DD on 09:50 - Apr 28 with 1169 viewsblueconscience

Cancelled DD on 07:41 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

It is a lot of money actually. A lot of smaller clubs haven't sunk anywhere near that. Most of the bigger clubs have had parachute payments to prop them up. There are some clubs, Derby most notably, that have sunk more cash in but they've not had too much more to show for it.

Obviously to most mere mortals it is a lot of money, but for over 10 seasons of championship football it really isn’t!!!!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 9:51]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Cancelled DD on 09:54 - Apr 28 with 1163 viewsblueconscience

Cancelled DD on 07:31 - Apr 28 by itfc_bucks

Lots of people with short memories here though - were it not for him investing that £60m (and when you factor in transfer fees, it's significantly north of that. £60m is just operating costs), you would ve seen the old company struggle on with zero investment.

Didn't see a string of sheiks narrowly beaten to the boardroom by Evans, did you?

I am just saying how it is under Evans, and not Hypertheticals.

Cancelled DD on 09:58 - Apr 28 with 1158 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

Cancelled DD on 19:58 - Apr 27 by SitfcB

Ooo look at me and how much I earn.

It's not a look at me that's myself and my wife being furloughed. So both our losses We still have the same bills to pay and the same number of kids to feed. So being that much down a month paying for my sons and my season ticket is low on the list of things to pay for hence cancelling.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 14:40]
Cancelled DD on 10:54 - Apr 28 with 1120 viewsHerbivore

Cancelled DD on 09:50 - Apr 28 by blueconscience

Obviously to most mere mortals it is a lot of money, but for over 10 seasons of championship football it really isn’t!!!!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 9:51]

It's a lot of money in any context.

Cancelled DD on 11:20 - Apr 28 with 1107 viewsN2_Blue

Do we actually have to tell the club that we don't want DD payments collected for a new season. My DD has vanished off my list of Bank DDs now the final payment for this season has been made so surely they cannot start collecting again without me agreeing to a new DD mandate?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Cancelled DD on 11:47 - Apr 28 with 1080 viewsJubba1975

Cancelled DD on 11:20 - Apr 28 by N2_Blue

Do we actually have to tell the club that we don't want DD payments collected for a new season. My DD has vanished off my list of Bank DDs now the final payment for this season has been made so surely they cannot start collecting again without me agreeing to a new DD mandate?

My understanding is they'll start taking again on the 11th May if you haven't cancelled.
Cancelled DD on 12:03 - Apr 28 with 1063 viewsRegencyBlue

Cancelled DD on 20:50 - Apr 27 by CopfordBlue

I cancelled on Friday. I’ve been loyal enough over 40+ years not to feel bad about it.

Lambert will still be in charge next season, ME will invest less, crowds will be down, the squad will be weaker than ever and to be honest I’ve not missed going to games as much as I thought I would over the past few weeks.

Unlike the majority of comments I have read, I didn’t think much of ME’s email about next season.

I really hope I’m wrong, I’d love us to have a good season but I just can’t see it. The last decade, especially last season and how it just petered out have knocked any remaining optimism i had about the club out of me.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 20:51]

I cancelled yesterday after well over 40 years and feel no guilt whatsoever.

To be honest I decided several months ago, before COVID-19 became an issue, that enough was enough. For the last few years I have been on the verge of cancelling my season ticket but always came up with an excuse at the last minute not to do so. Not this time!

As for missing it, well, I have missed Ipswich Town for many years. What I shall not miss is Marcus Evans Ipswich Town!
Cancelled DD on 12:48 - Apr 28 with 1020 viewsJ2BLUE

Cancelled DD on 22:50 - Apr 27 by BrixtonBlue

I'll be renewing. Because I support ITFC. Sorry if that upsets a few in this thread.*

*For the hard of thinking, that doesn't mean people struggling because of CV!9

Why would that upset anyone?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cancelled DD on 13:07 - Apr 28 with 998 viewsWeWereZombies

Cancelled DD on 09:38 - Apr 28 by r2d2

Yeah, all that money, he is probably p!ssing it away on some non-essential like housing...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Cancelled DD on 13:12 - Apr 28 with 987 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 12:48 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

Why would that upset anyone?

Because I'm inferring if you don't renew (and have the capacity to) you're not a true supporter.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Cancelled DD on 13:12 - Apr 28 with 984 viewsJ2BLUE

Cancelled DD on 13:07 - Apr 28 by WeWereZombies

Yeah, all that money, he is probably p!ssing it away on some non-essential like housing...

it's amazing how judgemental some people are about how others choose to spend their time and money.

By most accounts we have a massive recession (or worse) coming. It might be a good idea for some people to wind their neck in just in case it ends up affecting them.

Truly impaired.

Cancelled DD on 13:14 - Apr 28 with 988 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cancelled DD on 09:43 - Apr 28 by tractorboy1978

I'll be renewing but I fully respect the decision of those that are not.

It feels very wrong that fans are being asked to part with money at a time when it looks unlikely we will be watching games live at a stadium until at least the back end of this year, possibly 2021.

Depends if you want a club to come back to I guess.

As I mentioned on here before, I cancelled my gym without a care in the world. I wouldn't feel the same about cancelling on ITFC. It's more than just a business transaction.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Cancelled DD on 13:18 - Apr 28 with 971 viewsJ2BLUE

Cancelled DD on 13:12 - Apr 28 by BrixtonBlue

Because I'm inferring if you don't renew (and have the capacity to) you're not a true supporter.

Heh.

Truly impaired.

Cancelled DD on 13:21 - Apr 28 with 962 viewsN2_Blue

Cancelled DD on 11:47 - Apr 28 by Jubba1975

My understanding is they'll start taking again on the 11th May if you haven't cancelled.

Thanks for letting me know.
I've e-mailed the club to ensure the DD is not renewed.

I wonder if football will take a hit when things get back to nearer normal as people have found different things to do during the pandemic. Season Ticket numbers for Town and many other clubs could fall to record low numbers i think and for clubs not having any kind of success it could be very hard to regain those supporters without massive changes to the game which allow ticket pricing to be radically overhauled.

I actually live in hope that the pandemic will change football in some drastic way. In may see some clubs go bust, even Town, but as I'm totally disillusioned with it all, unfortunately i think that maybe is what needs to happen.

I'd actually be happy supporting Town as a semi-pro club or fans run club, working it way up again if it meant the structure of football and its fiances and the distribution of TV money completely changed etc.. Hopefully the PL super clubs with their 90% fan base in Asia/Africa fk off to their own superleague and we can get English football with real home based fans (not tourists) competitive, fair and interesting again.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Cancelled DD on 13:51 - Apr 28 with 920 viewsbracknell_blue

Cancelled DD on 15:48 - Apr 27 by SitfcB

The way I see it is, until the football resumes with supporters in attendance, as a donation towards the club. Say what you want about Marcus Evans etc etc but the club needs are financial support more than ever and if my £27 a month can help towards that then so be it.

Indeed. My wife always tells me my sesaon ticket is not a chance to watch football but a charitable payment to something I love.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Cancelled DD on 14:18 - Apr 28 with 899 viewsHerbivore

Just cancelled mine. Felt a bit sad doing so.

Cancelled DD on 17:37 - Apr 28 with 824 viewsstonojnr

Cancelled DD on 13:12 - Apr 28 by BrixtonBlue

its their money, they are free to spend it how they like IMO, I chose not to renew my season ticket 8 years ago, I dont feel Ive missed much in the intervening years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024