Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is good news 14:52 - May 1 with 12650 viewsStokieBlue

David Icke's page of untruths removed from Facebook:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-david-icke-facebook-

I know some on here might not agree but it's high time that blatant misinformation was taken seriously and dealt with by the social media giants.

SB
[Post edited 1 May 2020 14:54]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This is good news on 11:29 - May 3 with 902 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is good news on 11:03 - May 3 by StokieBlue

Hardly an unbiased source there. I especially love the use of capitalised words within paragraphs they want you to accept and act upon.

“Online platforms can be a fun world. Unfortunately, they can also be used to exploit vulnerable people. If you are worried that one of your friends or family is showing signs of radicalisation seek advice or call police on 101,”

Hard to see anything wrong with that post in my opinion. I would also say that due to Icke pushing scientific untruths about 5G and C19 there have been a number of recent incidents of criminal damage and harassment of people doing their jobs. Why shouldn't the police highlight that conspiracy theories and radicalisation can lead directly to people committing crimes?

I don't think they should have deleted the post. Not very free-speech of the website and others to hound them into deleting it.

SB

Not a source I have ever used before to be honest, was just the first one I found that contained the ad I had previously seen. I didn't see any evidence of the website 'hounding them' into deleting it either. perhaps you could point this out.

If you don't see anything wrong with the Police getting involved in deciding what is or isn't a conspiracy theory, and potentially prosecuting people on the back of it, then I really am amazed and horrified in equal measure.
This is good news on 12:35 - May 3 with 852 viewsStokieBlue

This is good news on 11:29 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

Not a source I have ever used before to be honest, was just the first one I found that contained the ad I had previously seen. I didn't see any evidence of the website 'hounding them' into deleting it either. perhaps you could point this out.

If you don't see anything wrong with the Police getting involved in deciding what is or isn't a conspiracy theory, and potentially prosecuting people on the back of it, then I really am amazed and horrified in equal measure.

Where have they said what is and isn't a conspiracy theory? They have mentioned them in the abstract and that is absolutely fair.

You said the tweet was taken down due to comments received. That would seem like hounding to me.

Where have they said they are prosecuting people off the back off it? They have said look out for people being radicalised. If they then commit a crime as has been the case in numerous incidents with regards to 5G they should be prosecuted.

Doesn't seem to me that they have done any of the things you've claimed unless you have some more sources stating they have.

SB
[Post edited 3 May 2020 13:21]

This is good news on 12:45 - May 3 with 842 viewsreusersfreekicks

This is good news on 11:29 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

You're simply an apologist for a troublemaking, hatred spouting idiot. Free speech should never extend to whipping up hatred and inciting crimminal acts. See 1933
This is good news on 13:34 - May 3 with 814 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is good news on 12:45 - May 3 by reusersfreekicks

You're simply an apologist for a troublemaking, hatred spouting idiot. Free speech should never extend to whipping up hatred and inciting crimminal acts. See 1933

Please give me an example of David Icke "whipping up hatred and inciting criminal acts"
[Post edited 3 May 2020 13:34]
This is good news on 13:45 - May 3 with 794 viewssparks

This is good news on 10:53 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

This is a Guy that also promotes the idea that 'love is the answer' and that we are all 'one consciousness' , views that are rarely discussed by his critics. This might be a bit New Age for some but it hardly falls under the category of 'dangerous' or 'hatred'.

Vandalising telephone masts and threatening people trying to build or fix them is.

Happily, we do not have to pretend that thiings which are clearly bollox, are reasoned opinions, for the sake fo free speech or balance.

To equate removal of utter nonsense, with the barring of people's right to voice an opinion, is a false quivalence.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This is good news on 13:50 - May 3 with 782 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is good news on 12:35 - May 3 by StokieBlue

Where have they said what is and isn't a conspiracy theory? They have mentioned them in the abstract and that is absolutely fair.

You said the tweet was taken down due to comments received. That would seem like hounding to me.

Where have they said they are prosecuting people off the back off it? They have said look out for people being radicalised. If they then commit a crime as has been the case in numerous incidents with regards to 5G they should be prosecuted.

Doesn't seem to me that they have done any of the things you've claimed unless you have some more sources stating they have.

SB
[Post edited 3 May 2020 13:21]

I said the tweet was removed due to complaints. So there is no evidence that the website 'hounded' them as you claimed.

I said 'potentially' prosecuting people for repeating conspiracy theories. It is a fair assumption to make, or at the very least that they would spend the time to speak to these people once they are snitched on, otherwise I don't see the point of the tweet in the first place.

Of course somebody setting fire to a 5g mast should be prosecuted but that's not what I was getting at, its the linking of somebody that might discuss a so called 'conspiracy theory' online with criminal behaviour that I have issue with. But I think you know that.

I am more than happy to have my points challenged but when you insist on misrepresenting what I have actually said it gets a little tiresome havening to then correct that. I know you yourself get tired of people doing this so please try and avoid it.
This is good news on 13:54 - May 3 with 779 viewssparks

This is good news on 13:50 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

I said the tweet was removed due to complaints. So there is no evidence that the website 'hounded' them as you claimed.

I said 'potentially' prosecuting people for repeating conspiracy theories. It is a fair assumption to make, or at the very least that they would spend the time to speak to these people once they are snitched on, otherwise I don't see the point of the tweet in the first place.

Of course somebody setting fire to a 5g mast should be prosecuted but that's not what I was getting at, its the linking of somebody that might discuss a so called 'conspiracy theory' online with criminal behaviour that I have issue with. But I think you know that.

I am more than happy to have my points challenged but when you insist on misrepresenting what I have actually said it gets a little tiresome havening to then correct that. I know you yourself get tired of people doing this so please try and avoid it.

Simply not what the quotes post says in any way shape or form.

Your argument is utterly vacuous.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

This is good news on 14:05 - May 3 with 773 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is good news on 13:45 - May 3 by sparks

Vandalising telephone masts and threatening people trying to build or fix them is.

Happily, we do not have to pretend that thiings which are clearly bollox, are reasoned opinions, for the sake fo free speech or balance.

To equate removal of utter nonsense, with the barring of people's right to voice an opinion, is a false quivalence.

"Vandalising telephone masts and threatening people trying to build or fix them is"

When did David Icke do this? I must have missed that.
Login to get fewer ads

This is good news on 14:09 - May 3 with 768 viewssparks

This is good news on 14:05 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

"Vandalising telephone masts and threatening people trying to build or fix them is"

When did David Icke do this? I must have missed that.

Really?

You have missed people buying into his 5g nonsense and doing precisely those things?

This is good news on 14:10 - May 3 with 769 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is good news on 13:54 - May 3 by sparks

Simply not what the quotes post says in any way shape or form.

Your argument is utterly vacuous.

"Simply not what the quotes post says"

That makes no sense. Perhaps you could explain it again with the correct use of English.
This is good news on 14:17 - May 3 with 741 viewseireblue

This is good news on 10:59 - May 3 by StokieBlue

You can't balance out horrible opinions by also having some that some people might think are nice.

It is hard to dispute that some of his opinions are hateful and dangerous and can cause harm in the real world.

SB

Apparently some Nazis were nice to animals and children and also went to church.
This is good news on 14:19 - May 3 with 753 viewsbuoyant

This is good news on 14:10 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

"Simply not what the quotes post says"

That makes no sense. Perhaps you could explain it again with the correct use of English.

Are you purposefully being a knob?

[Please give me an example of David Icke "whipping up hatred and inciting criminal acts]

I've not read any of this David Ike codswallop but as Sparks has said there is plenty of evidence of idiots attacking 5g infrastructure or those working on it.

Just like on the antivax threads you tiptoe around the issue with what ifs and maybes. It just comes across as disingenuous.

UTT

This is good news on 14:20 - May 3 with 748 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is good news on 14:09 - May 3 by sparks

Really?

You have missed people buying into his 5g nonsense and doing precisely those things?

You inferred David Icke himself was responsible. Clearly he has carried out no such acts and I would very much like to see your evidence that those responsible for the acts were doing so as a direct result of listening to David Icke.

Icke is not the only person who has questioned the safety of 5G, hundreds of scientists around the world have. I am not necessarily saying they are right but it should not be a forbidden discussion.
This is good news on 14:23 - May 3 with 736 viewsDanTheMan

This is good news on 10:37 - May 3 by The_Last_Baron

At 5pm today, Brian Rose will interview David Icke. It will be live streamed and should be very interesting. The main reason for the live streaming is so that it can't be censored. Their previous chat was taken down from everywhere after it was an Internet sensation with over 2 million views.

If you're interested here's the link to the London Real website: https://londonreal.tv/

Magnificent speech by Ronald Lauder... by The_Last_Baron 27 Jan 2020 17:42
... at the Holocaust Day memorial this afternoon at Auschwitz. We should all do our bit to crush anti-semitism today and never forget what those savages did to people of all ages during World War II.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This is good news on 14:25 - May 3 with 722 viewssparks

This is good news on 14:20 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

You inferred David Icke himself was responsible. Clearly he has carried out no such acts and I would very much like to see your evidence that those responsible for the acts were doing so as a direct result of listening to David Icke.

Icke is not the only person who has questioned the safety of 5G, hundreds of scientists around the world have. I am not necessarily saying they are right but it should not be a forbidden discussion.

Yes I inferred he was responsible. because by whipping up dangerous nonsensical beliefs, he makes himself an active causative factor.

The EDL leadership do not actively invite people to smear excrement on the doors of people who are foreign. But what they do, whips up irrational fear and hatred, which in turn leads to criminality.

Which is what people have been saying throughout this thread. Your tapdancing around it is embarrassing and dishonest.

The disingenuous fallacy in your last paragraph is equally obnoxious. You have sought to equate scientists discussing safety and science, with David Icke claiming that corona and 5G masts are connected. You have juxtaposed them to suggest some degree of equivalence and to support the credibility of Icke. You have not done that by accident- its deliberately disingenuous.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 14:29]

This is good news on 14:28 - May 3 with 705 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is good news on 14:19 - May 3 by buoyant

Are you purposefully being a knob?

[Please give me an example of David Icke "whipping up hatred and inciting criminal acts]

I've not read any of this David Ike codswallop but as Sparks has said there is plenty of evidence of idiots attacking 5g infrastructure or those working on it.

Just like on the antivax threads you tiptoe around the issue with what ifs and maybes. It just comes across as disingenuous.

Name calling while admitting to not having read anything about the subject and making a false equivalence. Great post.
This is good news on 14:30 - May 3 with 695 viewssparks

This is good news on 14:28 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

Name calling while admitting to not having read anything about the subject and making a false equivalence. Great post.

Specifiy the false equivalence you rely upon.

This is good news on 14:33 - May 3 with 689 viewsbuoyant

This is good news on 14:28 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

Oh give over you tart. Now you are coming across all ner ner ner ner ner.

I didn't say I have not read anything about the subject did I now? You have simply taken this point and the plainly daft reaction of namecalling as a diversion. As I say, you are consistently disingenuous.

Have the decency to say what you mean and stop being a knob.

UTT

This is good news on 14:56 - May 3 with 650 viewsStokieBlue

This is good news on 13:50 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

"It is a fair assumption to make, or at the very least that they would spend the time to speak to these people once they are snitched on, otherwise I don't see the point of the tweet in the first place."

That is all an assumption. There is no evidence of them seeking to prosecute anyone. It's a tweet stating that people should watch out for radicalisation and if worried then call someone for advice or if that fails the police can advice.

"Of course somebody setting fire to a 5g mast should be prosecuted but that's not what I was getting at, its the linking of somebody that might discuss a so called 'conspiracy theory' online with criminal behaviour that I have issue with. But I think you know that."

But there can be a causal link - you have just highlighted one yourself. There are other causal links from Icke to criminal behaviour - take the actions of some individuals based on his and others lies about Sandy Hook. The same can be said about other conspiracies as well.

However, in this case there is no link to criminal behaviour in that tweet. You are reading something that isn't there in my opinion. They have simply said seek advice.

"I am more than happy to have my points challenged but when you insist on misrepresenting what I have actually said it gets a little tiresome havening to then correct that. I know you yourself get tired of people doing this so please try and avoid it."

I honestly don't think I have misrepresented what you have said. I guess we will have to disagree on that. I do however believe that due to your personal opinions you have read a number of things into a tweet that aren't present. You are also coming close to defending someone with some extremely unpleasant views.

SB
[Post edited 3 May 2020 14:57]

This is good news on 15:11 - May 3 with 631 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is good news on 14:25 - May 3 by sparks

Yes I inferred he was responsible. because by whipping up dangerous nonsensical beliefs, he makes himself an active causative factor.

The EDL leadership do not actively invite people to smear excrement on the doors of people who are foreign. But what they do, whips up irrational fear and hatred, which in turn leads to criminality.

Which is what people have been saying throughout this thread. Your tapdancing around it is embarrassing and dishonest.

The disingenuous fallacy in your last paragraph is equally obnoxious. You have sought to equate scientists discussing safety and science, with David Icke claiming that corona and 5G masts are connected. You have juxtaposed them to suggest some degree of equivalence and to support the credibility of Icke. You have not done that by accident- its deliberately disingenuous.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 14:29]

I am not tap dancing around anything, or being dishonest. I don't believe it is a good thing that Facebook and YouTube have de-platformed Icke even though I don't agree with some of his views. I also do not believe he is responsible for other people causing damage to 5g infrastructure and you cannot prove otherwise. That's it, quite simple.
This is good news on 15:13 - May 3 with 628 viewssparks

This is good news on 15:11 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

I am not tap dancing around anything, or being dishonest. I don't believe it is a good thing that Facebook and YouTube have de-platformed Icke even though I don't agree with some of his views. I also do not believe he is responsible for other people causing damage to 5g infrastructure and you cannot prove otherwise. That's it, quite simple.

He promotes absolute nonsense.

People believe said nosense and act on it.

Its not difficult.

And the sort of deliberate false equivalences you have sought to make are absurd. Time for a bit of self reflection.

This is good news on 15:15 - May 3 with 628 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is good news on 14:33 - May 3 by buoyant

Oh give over you tart. Now you are coming across all ner ner ner ner ner.

I didn't say I have not read anything about the subject did I now? You have simply taken this point and the plainly daft reaction of namecalling as a diversion. As I say, you are consistently disingenuous.

Have the decency to say what you mean and stop being a knob.

"I've not read any of this David Ike codswallop"

So you admit you haven't read any of it but have concluded that its codswallop, and its me that's being disingenuous.

Ok.
This is good news on 15:19 - May 3 with 622 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is good news on 15:13 - May 3 by sparks

He promotes absolute nonsense.

People believe said nosense and act on it.

Its not difficult.

And the sort of deliberate false equivalences you have sought to make are absurd. Time for a bit of self reflection.

The first sentence is your opinion. The second sentence you are completely unable to substantiate. Correlation does not equate to causation, come on you know that.

Anyway, I'm going to go and self reflect with a nice beer in my Garden, you have a good day.
This is good news on 15:22 - May 3 with 617 viewsMullet

This is good news on 10:56 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

Not really sure what you getting at to be honest but none of the things you mention are opinions, most are illegal, so no.

So is libel/slander and hate speech such as antisemitism. Icke's nonsense about the final solution and course of WW2 alone is illegal in some countries. There are many concerns that Icke merely stitches together anything he can to get an audience and that sort of thing compromises various investigations and initiatives. Especially when he has form for accusing everyone and being so crazy with it people are scared to challenge him.

There are people who would agree with all of those things I've listed, they also would argue they are misunderstood or a persecuted minority. They've all had content removed from these platforms who were criticised for letting them do it and not taking action. That doesn't make them or their preferences right. But that's how the law works, it is isn't fixed and changes based on social acceptance, you only have to look at homosexuality and how some people would have viewed tens and hundreds of years ago.

You mistake private companies (which these platforms are) for the press. They are not the same thing at all, but a new extension of the media. Your cries of "censorship" is simply another version of theirs. You can argue it's merely the flipside of their decision and not an argument for free speech as you are denying that for people who want this stuff banned, essentially enforcing your t's and c's on companies whose own guidelines you have to agree to when you sign up.

As for you objection to the police, you clearly aren't aware of things like the Prevent strategy or longstanding work such as this to weed out terrorists, child exploitation, racism and other criminal subcultures. They are the types of loose organisation that are active amongst the oddballs, misfits and lost sheep that merely explore conspiracy theories and have used such sites to find contacts for recruitment and propaganda purposes.

While I don't like Prevent all that much it does provide signposts amongst those of us who work with the young or vulnerable and detect those responsible for targeting them. To object to the Police deeming anyone or any group is worth scrutiny whether it's light or not is a bold move too.

As for your notion of North Korea, you really should be looking at the traditional press and how those in power are using that and social media to provide a narrative of clapping over any criticism of the government, it at least makes far more sense than the line you're taking here today.

This all seems to be that you like some of/all of what Icke has to say and can't face up to the unpalatable truth about him. Irony aside obviously.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This is good news on 16:00 - May 3 with 581 viewssparks

This is good news on 15:19 - May 3 by Harry_Palmer

The first sentence is your opinion. The second sentence you are completely unable to substantiate. Correlation does not equate to causation, come on you know that.

Anyway, I'm going to go and self reflect with a nice beer in my Garden, you have a good day.

back to the false equivalences and non- acceptance of the idea that opinions and ideas are not all equal.

My first sentence is NOT my opinion. It is demonstrable. There is no evidence for any connection between the virus and 5G. None. It is palpable nonsense.

Your secnod sentence is simply dishonest. The man promotes certain dangerous and patently wrong ideas. People with those ideas, act in bad ways as a result of those ideas. To simply says "you cannot directly link his efforts to a particular individual, therefore his promotion of those ideas cannot be said to be harmful" is absurd.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 16:01]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024