Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees 10:20 - May 2 with 7813 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Stirk. Played in our 3-0 win against Barcelona in 1977.

Can’t remember a thing about him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 19:14 - May 2 with 1821 viewsPJH

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 19:10 - May 2 by Trequartista

He arrived on the same day as an even more forgotten player whose name i've erm forgotten. Terry somebody from Arsenal reserves.

Terry Pin?
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 19:17 - May 2 with 1814 viewsParisBlue

Darren Edmonds. A couple of sub appearances in our 91/92 promotion season.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 19:23 - May 2 with 1815 viewsTrequartista

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 19:14 - May 2 by PJH

Terry Pin?

Terry Bull. No it was Friars from Liverpool and Terry whathisface from Arsenal, both free, both never made it. Or I dreamt it. Pretty unimaginative dream if so.

Edit, i tried to google it and found this idiot

Sean Friars by Trequartista 17 Jun 2019 20:16
He arrived on the same day as someone from Arsenal who also disappeared without trace. Terry something?

[Post edited 2 May 2020 19:24]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Terry BOWES on 19:30 - May 2 with 1802 viewsTrequartista

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 19:23 - May 2 by Trequartista

Terry Bull. No it was Friars from Liverpool and Terry whathisface from Arsenal, both free, both never made it. Or I dreamt it. Pretty unimaginative dream if so.

Edit, i tried to google it and found this idiot

Sean Friars by Trequartista 17 Jun 2019 20:16
He arrived on the same day as someone from Arsenal who also disappeared without trace. Terry something?

[Post edited 2 May 2020 19:24]

I win the thread.

http://www.arseweb.com/history/exyouths.html

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Terry BOWES on 19:42 - May 2 with 1794 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Terry BOWES on 19:30 - May 2 by Trequartista

I win the thread.

http://www.arseweb.com/history/exyouths.html

Terry Bowes, a curly haired fella. In think he was from Essex, a lad I know from Witham knew him and steered him in Town's direction.

Now a black can driver and big into beach football.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 19:44]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 21:17 - May 2 with 1764 viewsPhilTWTD

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 16:22 - May 2 by PJH

Yes,you are right not sure why I thought it was John Linford-John Barnes was signed in last week of 1981/82 season so never actually played under SBR.

Thanks for pointing out my error, I won't tell everyone that I pointed out your error yesterday.

Call it evens! I only knew it was David Barnes as Pat Godbold told me a while back.
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 21:30 - May 2 with 1758 viewsWickwar_Blue

I forgot Jimmy Juan existed (and apologies if he was a loanee.... I don’t remember!)
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 21:32 - May 2 with 1756 viewsWickwar_Blue

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 21:30 - May 2 by Wickwar_Blue

I forgot Jimmy Juan existed (and apologies if he was a loanee.... I don’t remember!)

He scored again Norwich! Forgot that too!
Login to get fewer ads

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 21:49 - May 2 with 1749 viewsmanchego

He really should have been made Captain.
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 23:55 - May 2 with 1720 viewsWeWereZombies

Considering he played seventy two games and scored thirteen goals for us, as well as being an uncle of Hannah out of S Club Seven, Eddie Spearritt hardly gets a mention on here. I remember as a bit like the Jay Tabb of his day, but looking at his goals per game he was a bit more prolific.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 08:42 - May 3 with 1666 viewsPJH

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 23:55 - May 2 by WeWereZombies

Considering he played seventy two games and scored thirteen goals for us, as well as being an uncle of Hannah out of S Club Seven, Eddie Spearritt hardly gets a mention on here. I remember as a bit like the Jay Tabb of his day, but looking at his goals per game he was a bit more prolific.

Eddie Spearritt mostly played on the right wing but also in midfield.

Although there were spells where he had a number of consecutive games he never really established himself as a first choice.

He was here throughout almost all of the Bill McGarry reign.

He was not tall so he was like Jay Tabb in that respect.
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 10:37 - May 3 with 1635 viewswitchdoctor

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 08:42 - May 3 by PJH

Eddie Spearritt mostly played on the right wing but also in midfield.

Although there were spells where he had a number of consecutive games he never really established himself as a first choice.

He was here throughout almost all of the Bill McGarry reign.

He was not tall so he was like Jay Tabb in that respect.

Eddie was also known for his long throws....think only tommy hutchinson at the time could hurl one longer than him...
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 10:48 - May 3 with 1627 viewsWeWereZombies

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 10:37 - May 3 by witchdoctor

Eddie was also known for his long throws....think only tommy hutchinson at the time could hurl one longer than him...

So a combination of Jay Tabb and Jonas Knudsen...

I remember World of Sport or Grandstand doing a little piece on the Hutchinson long throws, focused on the feet together just shy of the touchline and windmill arms after ball release to stop the momentum of the sharp run up launching the player slap onto his face if I recall correctly. One of the first instances of a sports programme being anything more than match commentary or player and manager interviews when it came to football.

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 12:13 - May 3 with 1605 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Earl Jean
Phil Morgan

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 14:26 - May 3 with 1569 viewsWeWereZombies

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 12:13 - May 3 by Tangledupin_Blue

Earl Jean
Phil Morgan

I haven't forgotten Earl Jean.

I saw that one appearance from the bench and I am trying to .

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 14:33 - May 3 with 1563 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 14:26 - May 3 by WeWereZombies

I haven't forgotten Earl Jean.

I saw that one appearance from the bench and I am trying to .

I only remember Phil Morgan because it was my stepmother's name.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 14:57 - May 3 with 1552 viewsPhilTWTD

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 17:29 - May 2 by Lord_Lucan

York Tavern is an absolutely cracking pub in a real nice part of Nodge, it's a bit like Notting Hill round there.

I can't say I know that area of Norwich particularly well. However, I did recently discover my great-grandmother was from Heigham. Obviously I have airbrushed her out of the family photos of that era.
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 15:18 - May 3 with 1541 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Lee Norfolk the Kiwi midfielder. Played 3 games for us in the middle 90's and completely disappeared after that.

Darryl Knights too. Just a one game at Stadium of Light against Sunderland during the Royle era and that's it.
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 16:11 - May 3 with 1521 viewswitchdoctor

Nicky Forster....always a thorn in our side when playing against us but never quite hit the heights in his time with us...
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 16:12 - May 3 with 1515 viewsPJH

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 16:11 - May 3 by witchdoctor

Nicky Forster....always a thorn in our side when playing against us but never quite hit the heights in his time with us...

Yes, I had high hopes for loads of goals from the Forster/Parkin combination.
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 17:09 - May 3 with 1493 viewsRadlett_blue

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 16:12 - May 3 by PJH

Yes, I had high hopes for loads of goals from the Forster/Parkin combination.

I wasn't expecting too much from Forster as he was a 32 year old free transfer. I think he was probably still a decent player, but suffered from injuries in his one season at Town.
Sam Parkin was a much bigger disappointment. Only 24 & had been scoring goals for fun for Swindon. Other clubs had been chasing him. He did break his ankle at Town & then got another bad injury after we cut our losses & sold him to Luton & his career petered out in the lower leagues.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 20:29 - May 3 with 1466 viewsFifeITFC

Neil Woods
Neill Rimmer
Ron Fearon
Michael Cheetham
Lee Durrant
Glenn Pennyfather

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 22:25 - May 3 with 1438 viewsbrazil1982

Michael Cole in the mid eighties. He played over 30 matches for us, I can never recall him.
Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 20:04 - May 24 with 1339 viewsGeoffSentence

Nigel Gleghorn.

He comfortably fits the remit for forgotten players. When this thread was created I had actually forgotten about him. He sprung to mind whilst watching that Town-Stoke video that was posted today, even though he wasnt involved in it.

I liked Gleghorn, he had a really good left foot.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Forgotten Ipswich players - No loanees on 20:52 - May 24 with 1314 viewsjontysnut

Pat Sharkey
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024