Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're all in it together pt2736 21:01 - May 22 with 15831 viewsDubtractor

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-co

We really are governed by a shower of bast@rds aren't we?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:44 - May 23 with 2236 viewsLankHenners

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:41 - May 23 by giant_stow

He's defending Laura whatsherface tbf.

I'm not sure why her reporting what cummings thinks about it is so wrong either - hes allowed a response.

See reply to lowhouse - it’s not an official response, she’s just quoting what a ‘source’ has fed her. She has previous for doing this and being wrong.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:47 - May 23 with 2222 viewsgiant_stow

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:44 - May 23 by LankHenners

See reply to lowhouse - it’s not an official response, she’s just quoting what a ‘source’ has fed her. She has previous for doing this and being wrong.

I don't see that it not being an official response matters - we all know who its from. For that matter, we all know its bollox.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:49 - May 23 with 2211 viewsLankHenners

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:47 - May 23 by giant_stow

I don't see that it not being an official response matters - we all know who its from. For that matter, we all know its bollox.

Well that answers your own question - the chief political editor of the BBC shouldn’t be regurgitating bollox from Cummings.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:52 - May 23 with 2201 viewslowhouseblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:42 - May 23 by LankHenners

If you think it’s a journalist’s job to uncritically repeat what a source has told them without checking the veracity of it then the problem is with you not everyone else.

yes, part of a journalist's job is to present facts, as in 'a source said'. it's a fact,that's what the source said. knowing what the source said is an important piece of information. i doubt that's the end of her coverage of the matter. it's clearly not what you're interested in hearing. and kuenssberg gets attacked again because she hasn't reported what some people what to hear. 'she didn't say cummings is a crook and the tories are evil, therefore kuenssberg is bad'. exit tribe stage left with spears chanting.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:53 - May 23 with 2196 viewsWD19

I'm not sure why her reporting what cummings thinks about it is so wrong either - hes allowed a response.

No he is not, he is biased (or summink).

*OK, so he is an odious scrote that fully deserves the pile on.....but let’s not pretend it is anything other than a lot of butthurt folk trying to settle a few scores.
We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:53 - May 23 with 2196 viewsgiant_stow

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:44 - May 23 by pointofblue

As I said in the other thread on this it’s not posting the response which is the issue but selling it as fact. It should be far more vague - as she was not there she cannot be sure what she is being told is true.

Apologies, i missed your post, but it does seem vague - I'd rather have a vague idea that they intend to fight (despicably, imo) than nothing at all.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:54 - May 23 with 2188 viewsmanchego

If he wants to respond he should do so as himself, not as LKs 'my sources'.
It's not like people haven't worked out who 'her sources' are.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 9:55]
We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:56 - May 23 with 2176 viewsgiant_stow

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:54 - May 23 by manchego

If he wants to respond he should do so as himself, not as LKs 'my sources'.
It's not like people haven't worked out who 'her sources' are.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 9:55]

I'm sure he'll have to in time (or someone will, which will be fun to watch them try to square that circle) but for now, we get a little pointer of what they intend to do: that's news.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 9:56]

Login to get fewer ads

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:56 - May 23 with 2176 viewsHerbivore

We're all in it together pt2736 on 08:55 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

when your politics become so blinkered and tribal that you think a smear campaign against a decent journalist is clever you really do need to wonder what you're doing. you seem to have reached a point where you're happier being part of a shouty bubble rather than thinking about anything. sad, you used to seem to see politics as more important than that.

"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:00 - May 23 with 2160 viewspointofblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:53 - May 23 by giant_stow

Apologies, i missed your post, but it does seem vague - I'd rather have a vague idea that they intend to fight (despicably, imo) than nothing at all.

No worries; I had gone from that thread to this without much time in between.

I do have issues with her ‘Few details’ tweet as it feels like she is countering the original story rather than adding flesh to the bones whilst making clear that this is simply what she has been told and she has no proof either way. Just the phrasing it “A few apparent details from someone close to Cummings” would have been better as it wouldn’t have looked factual.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:00 - May 23 with 2160 viewsDubtractor

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:40 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

on this thread you've supported an attack on kuenssberg because she dared to report what cummings source had said. how dare journalists report stuff you don't like.

So you think it is fine for a journalist to uncritically report things like this, that allows the Cummings 'spokesperson' to try and set the narrative on it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:00 - May 23 with 2154 viewsLankHenners

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:52 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

yes, part of a journalist's job is to present facts, as in 'a source said'. it's a fact,that's what the source said. knowing what the source said is an important piece of information. i doubt that's the end of her coverage of the matter. it's clearly not what you're interested in hearing. and kuenssberg gets attacked again because she hasn't reported what some people what to hear. 'she didn't say cummings is a crook and the tories are evil, therefore kuenssberg is bad'. exit tribe stage left with spears chanting.

Jesus Christ. Total misunderstanding of what a journalist is and should do by you there, followed by a tirade of tripe as expected.

There’s only one person on this thread that could do with a bit of self-reflection.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:01 - May 23 with 2151 viewslowhouseblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:56 - May 23 by Herbivore

"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

hold on - i'm the one on here expressing a view which is out of step with the board's dominant majority. do you really not then see the irony of your post?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:02 - May 23 with 2141 viewsDubtractor

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:53 - May 23 by WD19

No he is not, he is biased (or summink).

*OK, so he is an odious scrote that fully deserves the pile on.....but let’s not pretend it is anything other than a lot of butthurt folk trying to settle a few scores.

"Butthurt"

Come on man, you're a decent poster and better than that aren't you?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:02 - May 23 with 2142 viewsNewcyBlue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 08:55 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

when your politics become so blinkered and tribal that you think a smear campaign against a decent journalist is clever you really do need to wonder what you're doing. you seem to have reached a point where you're happier being part of a shouty bubble rather than thinking about anything. sad, you used to seem to see politics as more important than that.

Smear campaign? She’s actively defending the guy

The North East has been hit hard by this virus. The guy should be arrested and given the maximum sentence. Absolutely fecking ar$ehole.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:04 - May 23 with 2118 viewseireblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 22:27 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

smearing independent journalists is never a good look.

how are you getting on with that apology? or more made up stuff you want to push?

It wasn’t a smear.

It seems perfectly acceptable to say they have posted a defence of the allegation.

Seems perfectly reasonable for an independent journalist to use multiple facts,

“Source says his trip was within guidelines as Cummings went to stay with his parents so they could help with childcare while he and his wife were ill”...even though the recommendation at the time was not to travel and dump kids with elderly relatives. Two other government officials have resigned for breaking the lockdown, even when they didn’t have any symptoms.

To just post a simple defence, is not necessarily journalism, it is publishing.
We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:05 - May 23 with 2113 viewsLankHenners

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:02 - May 23 by Dubtractor

"Butthurt"

Come on man, you're a decent poster and better than that aren't you?

He’s not. He’s probably the worst culprit on here for ‘sniping from the sidelines’ whenever someone’s being a meany about his beloved Tory party.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:07 - May 23 with 2101 viewsDubtractor

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:02 - May 23 by NewcyBlue

The North East has been hit hard by this virus. The guy should be arrested and given the maximum sentence. Absolutely fecking ar$ehole.

Ah, so now that people have pointed out that palming off a potentially virus carrying child on vulnerable parents is a bad look it was actually his sister looking after them?

Nice of the 'source' to clear that up.

FFS.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:07 - May 23 with 2100 viewslowhouseblue

she isn't defending him. reporting stuff isn't defending someone. she is reporting what she has found from a number of sources. you need to separate the roles of a reporter, who reports stuff, and a judge, who rules on guilt. kuenssberg is a reporter.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:08 - May 23 with 2090 viewspointofblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:07 - May 23 by Dubtractor

Ah, so now that people have pointed out that palming off a potentially virus carrying child on vulnerable parents is a bad look it was actually his sister looking after them?

Nice of the 'source' to clear that up.

FFS.

I’d love to know how his sister looked after the children if his family stayed in a separate house. Was it via Zoom?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:10 - May 23 with 2081 viewsgiant_stow

Telling the world that some poeple in no. 10 new about it isn;t defending him! It's making it clear that this is a much bigger story.

The rest of the tweet, maybe you have a point.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:10 - May 23 with 2078 viewslowhouseblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:04 - May 23 by eireblue

It wasn’t a smear.

It seems perfectly acceptable to say they have posted a defence of the allegation.

Seems perfectly reasonable for an independent journalist to use multiple facts,

“Source says his trip was within guidelines as Cummings went to stay with his parents so they could help with childcare while he and his wife were ill”...even though the recommendation at the time was not to travel and dump kids with elderly relatives. Two other government officials have resigned for breaking the lockdown, even when they didn’t have any symptoms.

To just post a simple defence, is not necessarily journalism, it is publishing.

"source says ..."

it's a tweet as events happen. a snippet of information. it is factually correct that a source said that. is that the end of kuenssberg's coverage? no, of course not.

the hatred people have of kuenssberg shows how intolerant they have become of anything that doesn't fit perfectly with their world view.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:11 - May 23 with 2073 viewseireblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:07 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

she isn't defending him. reporting stuff isn't defending someone. she is reporting what she has found from a number of sources. you need to separate the roles of a reporter, who reports stuff, and a judge, who rules on guilt. kuenssberg is a reporter.

Make up your mind, is she a journalist or simply a reporter?
We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:12 - May 23 with 2069 viewsDarth_Koont

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:01 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

hold on - i'm the one on here expressing a view which is out of step with the board's dominant majority. do you really not then see the irony of your post?

No, Herbie's bang on.

You fetishize the political and media establishment, and can't cope with it being criticised.

Pronouns: He/Him

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:13 - May 23 with 2064 viewsLankHenners

We're all in it together pt2736 on 10:07 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

You’re wrong. Genuinely, you are wrong and do not know what you are talking about.

This isn’t a bunch of rabid lefties having a go, this is you being wrong about something and getting told about it.

Perhaps take your own advice and try and learn something.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024