Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're all in it together pt2736 21:01 - May 22 with 15794 viewsDubtractor

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-co

We really are governed by a shower of bast@rds aren't we?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We're all in it together pt2736 on 00:33 - May 23 with 2515 viewsSpruceMoose

We're all in it together pt2736 on 00:31 - May 23 by monytowbray

Twitter is steaming about it. The mask slips again. Rumours her source are direct from Cummings.

Professional knifes out too, heavy rumours her “source” is direct from the horse’s mouth.

Not a good look for an “impartial” journalist. But then again she’s been an obvious Tory plant for a while now. How did this country become so corrupt by the right wing whilst shouting “BUT THE LEFT ARE JUST AS BAD” baffles me.

BUT thE BBc IZ BIASSED Too wards tHe LEFT!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We're all in it together pt2736 on 01:04 - May 23 with 2496 viewsmonytowbray

We're all in it together pt2736 on 00:33 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

BUT thE BBc IZ BIASSED Too wards tHe LEFT!

Something similar from a longe rant I posted on Factorbook earlier this week...

The right wing hate the BBC when it occasionally reports facts and strays from repeating the party line, the left wing hates the BBC because it doesn’t report facts nearly enough and rarely questions the party line.

That ain’t impartial by my book.

Also yes, being friends with me on Facebook is joyous. Ask Sitters.

EDIT: THIRD TIMES A CHARM GETTING ITALICS TO WORK?!
[Post edited 23 May 2020 1:05]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 01:06 - May 23 with 2489 viewsmonytowbray

We're all in it together pt2736 on 01:04 - May 23 by monytowbray

Something similar from a longe rant I posted on Factorbook earlier this week...

The right wing hate the BBC when it occasionally reports facts and strays from repeating the party line, the left wing hates the BBC because it doesn’t report facts nearly enough and rarely questions the party line.

That ain’t impartial by my book.

Also yes, being friends with me on Facebook is joyous. Ask Sitters.

EDIT: THIRD TIMES A CHARM GETTING ITALICS TO WORK?!
[Post edited 23 May 2020 1:05]

YEEEEEES F*CK YOU BASIC CODE FORMATTING.

TWTD never forgets…

We're all in it together pt2736 on 05:15 - May 23 with 2436 viewsmonytowbray

Are we finally through the looking glass?!

TWTD never forgets…

We're all in it together pt2736 on 06:03 - May 23 with 2418 viewsTractorWood

We're all in it together pt2736 on 05:15 - May 23 by monytowbray

Are we finally through the looking glass?!

I thought it was a criminal offence with an unlimited fine for breaking lockdown with covid symptoms?

Gov will battle this one on technicalities. Cummings would be a huge loss to this shambles.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 06:11 - May 23 with 2407 viewsDubtractor

We're all in it together pt2736 on 22:59 - May 22 by Trequartista

Kuenssberg is getting pelters from the left, as would be expected, but you have to judge the incident on its own merits - this does look like 'client journalism' and i've seen journalists across the spectrum tonight remark that the people defending Cummings quoting his "source" (Cummings) are the people who get their stories from him.

Exactly this.

This sort of 'independent' press media coverage stinks doesn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 07:11 - May 23 with 2377 viewsBlueBadger

We're all in it together pt2736 on 22:27 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

smearing independent journalists is never a good look.

how are you getting on with that apology? or more made up stuff you want to push?

Alright Texters, we all know that Jeremy Corbyn wasn't a good Labour leader by any stretch, but i think you'e actually crossed over in the sort of madness that sees people claiming to actively enjoy getting limply relegated now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 07:17 - May 23 with 2363 viewsDubtractor

We're all in it together pt2736 on 07:11 - May 23 by BlueBadger

Alright Texters, we all know that Jeremy Corbyn wasn't a good Labour leader by any stretch, but i think you'e actually crossed over in the sort of madness that sees people claiming to actively enjoy getting limply relegated now.

I think he is on some weird trip where he needs to continually show how much more right he is than anyone with views to the left of the political spectrum, even if that means defending the worst government in my living memory.

Login to get fewer ads

We're all in it together pt2736 on 07:21 - May 23 with 2354 viewsBlueBoots

We're all in it together pt2736 on 06:03 - May 23 by TractorWood

I thought it was a criminal offence with an unlimited fine for breaking lockdown with covid symptoms?

Gov will battle this one on technicalities. Cummings would be a huge loss to this shambles.

Why would the government battle this...?

The government's response to COVID-19 has been a disaster from start ("Herd Immunity" anyone?) to finish (when we eventually get there, probably after a second spike with the mixed messages that have gone out regarding businesses re-opening after lockdown)

This whole business with Dominic Cummings happened over 6 weeks ago, and hasn't exactly been a secret (was reported by a member of the public, he was spoken to by the police)...so why is story breaking now? Wouldn't be because the government need someone to throw under the (Brexit) bus for the shambles you refer to?

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 08:55 - May 23 with 2277 viewslowhouseblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 07:11 - May 23 by BlueBadger

when your politics become so blinkered and tribal that you think a smear campaign against a decent journalist is clever you really do need to wonder what you're doing. you seem to have reached a point where you're happier being part of a shouty bubble rather than thinking about anything. sad, you used to seem to see politics as more important than that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:00 - May 23 with 2264 viewsfooters

We're all in it together pt2736 on 08:55 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

when your politics become so blinkered and tribal that you think a smear campaign against a decent journalist is clever you really do need to wonder what you're doing. you seem to have reached a point where you're happier being part of a shouty bubble rather than thinking about anything. sad, you used to seem to see politics as more important than that.

Tony isn't coming back. Sorry.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:07 - May 23 with 2245 viewslowhouseblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 07:17 - May 23 by Dubtractor

I think he is on some weird trip where he needs to continually show how much more right he is than anyone with views to the left of the political spectrum, even if that means defending the worst government in my living memory.

what have i said that defended the government in this thread? i objected to a brainless smear against a journalist. a smear which is part of a nasty campaign because she doesn't replicate the slogans people like you want to hear.

the social media left, as represented by the bubble on here, is brainless, self-preening, smug, narrow and intolerant. it's also very dull. but i guess it gives you a gang and preformed chants to suit every occasion. great.

go on, try thinking for yourself and looking at stuff critically rather than being a spear carrier in an internet tribe.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 9:24]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:10 - May 23 with 2235 viewsDanTheMan

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:07 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

what have i said that defended the government in this thread? i objected to a brainless smear against a journalist. a smear which is part of a nasty campaign because she doesn't replicate the slogans people like you want to hear.

the social media left, as represented by the bubble on here, is brainless, self-preening, smug, narrow and intolerant. it's also very dull. but i guess it gives you a gang and preformed chants to suit every occasion. great.

go on, try thinking for yourself and looking at stuff critically rather than being a spear carrier in an internet tribe.

Whilst accusing others of being smug, that is one of the most smug posts I've read on here.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:12 - May 23 with 2222 viewslowhouseblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:00 - May 23 by footers

Tony isn't coming back. Sorry.

but starmer is. and he'll do it in the same way as blair did - by engaging with people who currently disagree with him. not by disappearing down an ever nastier rabbit hole of tribal hate. sorry.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:15 - May 23 with 2210 viewsfooters

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:10 - May 23 by DanTheMan

Whilst accusing others of being smug, that is one of the most smug posts I've read on here.

You know how they say pets look like their owners? Well, lowhouse looks like his handler more with each passing day.

If only we were as wise as he. The saviour of the sort-of-but-not-really left.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:18 - May 23 with 2193 viewslowhouseblue

well with some of the stuff on here it's difficult not to be. when people get to the point that kuenssberg's reporting is scarily challenging to their faith you know they've turned their brains off for the cause.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:22 - May 23 with 2168 viewslowhouseblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:15 - May 23 by footers

You know how they say pets look like their owners? Well, lowhouse looks like his handler more with each passing day.

If only we were as wise as he. The saviour of the sort-of-but-not-really left.

you're confusing 'the left' with shouting the same slogans as you. that's the thing with bubbles.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:25 - May 23 with 2157 viewsDubtractor

Please tell me what slogans I want to hear.

I'm intrigued.

As per my post, you're on a trip to show how superior you are to those on the left.

Pretty weird tbh.

And for the record, I'm not sure I've ever jumped on any anti kuenesberg campaign, but just parroting soundbites from Cummings 'friend' is bloody terrible journalism.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 9:32]

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:30 - May 23 with 2137 viewsfooters

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:22 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

you're confusing 'the left' with shouting the same slogans as you. that's the thing with bubbles.

I don't shout slogans.

I'm very well aware of what constitutes the left, cheers. But if I ever need your monumentous brain to clear things up, I'll ask. Clearly we are not worthy.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:30 - May 23 with 2135 viewsDubtractor

Quite a remarkable post isn't it?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:34 - May 23 with 2128 viewsLankHenners

Pretty hard to not draw the conclusion that you’re defending the Tories when all you ever do is barge into threads criticising them and get into an argument about something at best tangential to the OP without ever commenting on the issue at hand.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:40 - May 23 with 2112 viewslowhouseblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:25 - May 23 by Dubtractor

Please tell me what slogans I want to hear.

I'm intrigued.

As per my post, you're on a trip to show how superior you are to those on the left.

Pretty weird tbh.

And for the record, I'm not sure I've ever jumped on any anti kuenesberg campaign, but just parroting soundbites from Cummings 'friend' is bloody terrible journalism.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 9:32]

on this thread you've supported an attack on kuenssberg because she dared to report what cummings source had said. how dare journalists report stuff you don't like.

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:41 - May 23 with 2108 viewsgiant_stow

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:34 - May 23 by LankHenners

Pretty hard to not draw the conclusion that you’re defending the Tories when all you ever do is barge into threads criticising them and get into an argument about something at best tangential to the OP without ever commenting on the issue at hand.

He's defending Laura whatsherface tbf.

I'm not sure why her reporting what cummings thinks about it is so wrong either - hes allowed a response.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:42 - May 23 with 2107 viewsLankHenners

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:40 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

on this thread you've supported an attack on kuenssberg because she dared to report what cummings source had said. how dare journalists report stuff you don't like.

If you think it’s a journalist’s job to uncritically repeat what a source has told them without checking the veracity of it then the problem is with you not everyone else.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:44 - May 23 with 2097 viewspointofblue

We're all in it together pt2736 on 09:41 - May 23 by giant_stow

He's defending Laura whatsherface tbf.

I'm not sure why her reporting what cummings thinks about it is so wrong either - hes allowed a response.

As I said in the other thread on this it’s not posting the response which is the issue but selling it as fact. It should be far more vague - as she was not there she cannot be sure what she is being told is true.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024