Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings 12:11 - May 23 with 7096 viewsartsbossbeard

My Cringe-o-meter is off the scale.

At least put your own personal slant on things.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:13 - May 23 with 3655 viewsvapour_trail

To be fair to them, they’re likely into disciplinary territory if they don’t tweet verbatim what Dom feeds them.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:13 - May 23 with 3650 viewspointofblue

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:13 - May 23 by vapour_trail

To be fair to them, they’re likely into disciplinary territory if they don’t tweet verbatim what Dom feeds them.

They should have some self-respect and resign.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:16 - May 23 with 3620 viewsvapour_trail

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:13 - May 23 by pointofblue

They should have some self-respect and resign.

May i introduce you to the right honourable members of our cabinet.

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:18 - May 23 with 3618 viewsartsbossbeard

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:16 - May 23 by vapour_trail

I had high hopes for Rishi, he just seemed (almost) halfway decent.

Sadly, another letdown.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:21 - May 23 with 3590 viewspointofblue

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:16 - May 23 by vapour_trail

Johnson better hope that they continue to put their careers ahead of decency as his bank benchers seem very unimpressed with this.

Unless, of course, his bank benchers would ditch morality for a seat at the top table.

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:21 - May 23 with 3588 viewsm14_blue

I don’t even care if he goes or not, in many ways it will be politically catastrophic to keep him on and watching them defend the indefensible is pure comedy gold.
Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:22 - May 23 with 3585 viewsitfcjoe

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:18 - May 23 by artsbossbeard

Sadly, another letdown.

Was hoping he’d be better than that.

It’s a very tone deaf message as well as lots been struggling with childcare. I wonder who will be wheeled out for the press conference today - won’t be a big hitter

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:25 - May 23 with 3550 viewsvapour_trail

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:22 - May 23 by itfcjoe

It’s a very tone deaf message as well as lots been struggling with childcare. I wonder who will be wheeled out for the press conference today - won’t be a big hitter

I’m hearing Laura Kuennsberg may be taking the questions today.

Login to get fewer ads

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:26 - May 23 with 3552 viewsm14_blue

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:22 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Yep, it’s terribly judged and will make things much, much worse.
Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:26 - May 23 with 3553 viewsPinewoodblue

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:18 - May 23 by artsbossbeard

Sadly, another letdown.

Johnson has 11 days before the next PMQs, 11 days to get Cummins to resign, the longer he takes the more damage will be done.

I would imagine that a majority of conservative voters think he should resign now to limit the damage done,

Today’s Coronavirus update is going to be interesting , anyone know who drew the short straw as will be government spokesman?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:27 - May 23 with 3544 viewsLankHenners

Sadly, another letdown.

He's always been the same as the rest. Being the public face of doing the bare minimum allowed him to keep the mask up for a while.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:31 - May 23 with 3504 viewspointofblue

I wonder if it might be Michelle Donelan - Minister of State for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation. Try and get the vaccine trials back front and centre once again.

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:32 - May 23 with 3496 viewsartsbossbeard

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:31 - May 23 by pointofblue

I wonder if it might be Michelle Donelan - Minister of State for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation. Try and get the vaccine trials back front and centre once again.

Just thinking the same.

I'd love it if it was the smiley chap from mid-week, he'd be brilliant today.

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:40 - May 23 with 3460 viewstractordownsouth

I've completely changed my mind now.

If Lucy Allan, who used abused children to smear Keir Starmer and faked a death threat from a constituent, said what Cummings did is okay, then that must be the case.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:40 - May 23 with 3455 viewsElderGrizzly

Their accounts are also accessed from No.10 who can write tweets on their behalf
Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:40 - May 23 with 3449 viewstractordownsouth

George Eustice for sure.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:45 - May 23 with 3412 viewssparks

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:26 - May 23 by Pinewoodblue

Johnson has 11 days before the next PMQs, 11 days to get Cummins to resign, the longer he takes the more damage will be done.

I would imagine that a majority of conservative voters think he should resign now to limit the damage done,

Today’s Coronavirus update is going to be interesting , anyone know who drew the short straw as will be government spokesman?

There is just about enough reasoning behind it to make it a plausible position which the party can be pushed to get behind.

When properly analysed it falls apart:

1- I can see how ensuring childcare might be essential travel. 260 miles, when they must know people locally, cannot be essential or reasonable. Neither can doing it pre-emptively in circumstances where, in the event that both were so ill there was a problem, emergency measures are likely to have been very possible in London. At worst, the sister could have driven down ONCE THE CONTINGENCY ACTUALLY AROSE and there was an essential need for childcare.

2. They will concentrate on the whole "essential travel" guidelines, as is we were dealing with people without symptoms. Of course, the reality is that they shouldnt have travelled at all with symptoms and should have strictly self isolated.

Unfortnuately, supporters of Boris, with the inevitable instinctive confirmation bias, will not think it through that closely. They have been provided a Trumpesque mantra to latch onto and cling to- it was reaosnable and essential, because children.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 12:46]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:46 - May 23 with 3398 viewsGuthrum

Sadly, another letdown.

Sunak has gained a positive reputation chiefly because his job, ever since he became Chancellor, has been to hand out money pretty much as fast as he can. People will like you for that.

It should also be remembered that getting - and staying - close to the top of the greasy pole requires a degree of toeing the line, unless you have a very powerful faction behind you.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:50 - May 23 with 3359 viewsGuthrum

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:26 - May 23 by Pinewoodblue

Given the fact that Cummings has not always endeared himself to the parliamentary party, one wonders if there will be Conservatives seeking to put the boot in while he's vulnerable.

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:53 - May 23 with 3332 viewspointofblue

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:45 - May 23 by sparks

There is just about enough reasoning behind it to make it a plausible position which the party can be pushed to get behind.

When properly analysed it falls apart:

1- I can see how ensuring childcare might be essential travel. 260 miles, when they must know people locally, cannot be essential or reasonable. Neither can doing it pre-emptively in circumstances where, in the event that both were so ill there was a problem, emergency measures are likely to have been very possible in London. At worst, the sister could have driven down ONCE THE CONTINGENCY ACTUALLY AROSE and there was an essential need for childcare.

2. They will concentrate on the whole "essential travel" guidelines, as is we were dealing with people without symptoms. Of course, the reality is that they shouldnt have travelled at all with symptoms and should have strictly self isolated.

Unfortnuately, supporters of Boris, with the inevitable instinctive confirmation bias, will not think it through that closely. They have been provided a Trumpesque mantra to latch onto and cling to- it was reaosnable and essential, because children.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 12:46]

I’m assuming the argument will be the sister couldn’t travel down because she was caring for their parents who are self-isolating?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:55 - May 23 with 3323 viewssparks

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:53 - May 23 by pointofblue

I’m assuming the argument will be the sister couldn’t travel down because she was caring for their parents who are self-isolating?

No one needed to travel at all- because there is no suggestion that both parents were desperately ill and unable to care for children. Which is the fundamental problem with Cummings argument.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:57 - May 23 with 3309 viewsGuthrum

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:55 - May 23 by sparks

No one needed to travel at all- because there is no suggestion that both parents were desperately ill and unable to care for children. Which is the fundamental problem with Cummings argument.

Indeed, if that ill, they wouldn't have been capable of driving that distance.

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:59 - May 23 with 3294 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:55 - May 23 by sparks

Indeed. If both parents we so ill as to not be able to look after their children then they shouldn't be driving from one end of the country to the other.

Far too many holes in this story so I would imagine their will be more to come out.

Cummings will have to go in the end so why not sack him now and look decisive?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 13:01 - May 23 with 3276 viewsitfcjoe

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 12:59 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. If both parents we so ill as to not be able to look after their children then they shouldn't be driving from one end of the country to the other.

Far too many holes in this story so I would imagine their will be more to come out.

Cummings will have to go in the end so why not sack him now and look decisive?

Boris is scared to sack him, because he needs him.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings on 13:03 - May 23 with 3266 viewsartsbossbeard

The last, final and sordid bit of Hancock's dignity has just left the building.

He's def not up on the telly later.

"I know how ill coronavirus makes you. It was entirely right for Dom Cummings to find childcare for his toddler, when both he and his wife were getting ill."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024