Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gove on BBC Breakfast now 07:41 - May 26 with 5452 viewsDubtractor

Such a snivelling turd.

These awful human beings really are treating our country as fools.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:19 - May 26 with 1661 viewsm14_blue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:11 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

It's not a test "today".

We've had this sorry gaslighting narrative for years just that people are personally offended by this particular bit. Otherwise it would be business as normal.

I'm starting to get more worried about people's response to this and wondering where their brains and principles have been. It's an aide who broke the rules and should resign FFS. That pales into utter insignificance compared to what we've allowed before now - and probably will after.

I’m sorry, you’ve got that totally wrong.

This isn’t about an aide breaking the rules, this is about a Government putting their political friends above public health when we’re in the middle of a pandemic.

I know you’re mad about how Corbyn was treated but you need to let it go and look at what we’re all facing now.
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:23 - May 26 with 1646 viewsDarth_Koont

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:19 - May 26 by m14_blue

I’m sorry, you’ve got that totally wrong.

This isn’t about an aide breaking the rules, this is about a Government putting their political friends above public health when we’re in the middle of a pandemic.

I know you’re mad about how Corbyn was treated but you need to let it go and look at what we’re all facing now.

Eh? This isn't even about Corbyn.

This nonsense has been throughout our politics and media for years. It's only now, during a pandemic where tensions are high and most people have made personal sacrifices, that there's a story with enough triggering momentum to really break through.

I'm wondering where a lot of people and the media have been during all that time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:27 - May 26 with 1613 viewsm14_blue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:23 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

Eh? This isn't even about Corbyn.

This nonsense has been throughout our politics and media for years. It's only now, during a pandemic where tensions are high and most people have made personal sacrifices, that there's a story with enough triggering momentum to really break through.

I'm wondering where a lot of people and the media have been during all that time.

Does it matter? What matters is what we’re facing now.
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:33 - May 26 with 1590 viewsDarth_Koont

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:27 - May 26 by m14_blue

Does it matter? What matters is what we’re facing now.

It can matter on a bigger level too. Even beyond coronavirus.

I already took it as read that this bunch were taking the p!ss. That's what they do and why people support and vote for them. So a couple more news cycles (whether Cummings stays or goes) and we'll be back to normal.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:35 - May 26 with 1581 viewsm14_blue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:33 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

It can matter on a bigger level too. Even beyond coronavirus.

I already took it as read that this bunch were taking the p!ss. That's what they do and why people support and vote for them. So a couple more news cycles (whether Cummings stays or goes) and we'll be back to normal.

That’s fair.

But if this whole debacle has seen the scales fall from a few more people’s eyes then surely that’s to be celebrated?
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:38 - May 26 with 1570 viewsDarth_Koont

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:35 - May 26 by m14_blue

That’s fair.

But if this whole debacle has seen the scales fall from a few more people’s eyes then surely that’s to be celebrated?

Sure. I hope it continues but this is just the sort of political gossipy drama that gets people engaged and all the grittier, more serious stuff just gets waved through.

To me, it's still symptomatic of a much bigger problem.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:41 - May 26 with 1555 viewsm14_blue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:38 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

Sure. I hope it continues but this is just the sort of political gossipy drama that gets people engaged and all the grittier, more serious stuff just gets waved through.

To me, it's still symptomatic of a much bigger problem.

I’m not sure, I don’t think this is a political gossipy drama any more. Certainly for me, I couldn’t care less if DC resigns, I care enormously about what it has proved to be the case about the priorities and motivation of the government.

They have completely undermined their own public health message at a time of national emergency, I don’t think the seriousness of this can be overstated.
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:49 - May 26 with 1535 viewsDarth_Koont

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:41 - May 26 by m14_blue

I’m not sure, I don’t think this is a political gossipy drama any more. Certainly for me, I couldn’t care less if DC resigns, I care enormously about what it has proved to be the case about the priorities and motivation of the government.

They have completely undermined their own public health message at a time of national emergency, I don’t think the seriousness of this can be overstated.

The priorities and motivation of the government have been caring about themselves and their backers. Always have been, always will be.

I gave them a temporary pass at the very beginning of the pandemic because the seriousness and necessary science appeared to be leading the way. That benefit of the doubt expired after a week or so.

Login to get fewer ads

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:58 - May 26 with 1512 viewsm14_blue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:49 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

The priorities and motivation of the government have been caring about themselves and their backers. Always have been, always will be.

I gave them a temporary pass at the very beginning of the pandemic because the seriousness and necessary science appeared to be leading the way. That benefit of the doubt expired after a week or so.

I was exactly the same.

I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt but there really isn’t any doubt left now is there?
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:04 - May 26 with 1507 viewsDarth_Koont

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:58 - May 26 by m14_blue

I was exactly the same.

I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt but there really isn’t any doubt left now is there?

No. But still worries me that the outcry over Cummings sticks out like a sore thumb. It worries me that the essential takeaway message is "Don't get caught committing a simple crime, stick to the bigger stuff and most of the people and media won't really care."

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:22 - May 26 with 1472 viewsSarge

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:02 - May 26 by m14_blue

Save your anger for the conmen, not the gullible who have been conned.

But it’s so easy to see through their lies. Nobody that voted for these clowns could have looked through the manifesto and thought “yeah, what a good list of policies that I fully support and trust that they will be carried out”.

IQ test before voting is the only way to ensure the Tories are booted out.
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:28 - May 26 with 1463 viewsSwansea_Blue

And now the normalisation of the lie begins...

How stupid do they think we are?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:33 - May 26 with 1450 viewsDarth_Koont

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:28 - May 26 by Swansea_Blue

"How stupid do they think we are?"

Based on 4 consecutive election victories, a Leave vote and now heading towards a No Deal? Stupid AF.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:35 - May 26 with 1443 viewsm14_blue

Jesus Christ
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:36 - May 26 with 1443 viewsPinewoodblue

Isn’t the only legal requirement to be able to read a number plate at a certain distance. You don’t have to drive to check that.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:57 - May 26 with 1403 viewsBlueBadger

You know what's almost impressive about this government?
Everytime one of them appears on the news I think 'yep, he/she's definitely the worst one out of all of them'. Then ANOTHER goes on and I think 'no, actually HE/SHE is the worst'.

We are literally living in a kakistocracy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:58 - May 26 with 1402 viewsm14_blue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:57 - May 26 by BlueBadger

You know what's almost impressive about this government?
Everytime one of them appears on the news I think 'yep, he/she's definitely the worst one out of all of them'. Then ANOTHER goes on and I think 'no, actually HE/SHE is the worst'.

We are literally living in a kakistocracy.

What’s the mood like among your colleagues?

Must be close to revolt I’d imagine, they’ve made a mockery of your sacrifices.
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 11:09 - May 26 with 1374 viewsBlueBadger

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:58 - May 26 by m14_blue

What’s the mood like among your colleagues?

Must be close to revolt I’d imagine, they’ve made a mockery of your sacrifices.

'F*cking furious' was the mood in the coffee room Sunday.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 11:35 - May 26 with 1357 viewsHerbivore

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 11:09 - May 26 by BlueBadger

'F*cking furious' was the mood in the coffee room Sunday.

Such was the craziness of Cummings' justification yesterday that the revelation from him that his wife and daughter both went to hospital in Durham and both could have taken Covid there with them. He also broke his quarantine to go and pick them up, even though he apparently couldn't even get out of bed. It's such contemptible sh!te.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 11:35 - May 26 with 1354 viewsfactual_blue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:36 - May 26 by Pinewoodblue

Isn’t the only legal requirement to be able to read a number plate at a certain distance. You don’t have to drive to check that.

When I worked at Cambridge, the Driving Exam Centre was in the same building. One row of about five cars in our car park was, it seems, the correct distance for the number plate test from just outside the test centre. Test candidates would arrive, be clearly seen memorising the number plates and then going into the test centre.

When they came out, they'd see a completely different set of cars....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 12:07 - May 26 with 1308 viewsPinewoodblue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 11:35 - May 26 by factual_blue

When I worked at Cambridge, the Driving Exam Centre was in the same building. One row of about five cars in our car park was, it seems, the correct distance for the number plate test from just outside the test centre. Test candidates would arrive, be clearly seen memorising the number plates and then going into the test centre.

When they came out, they'd see a completely different set of cars....

I passed my test there in 1964.

2023 year of destiny

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 12:12 - May 26 with 1304 viewsPinewoodblue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 11:35 - May 26 by Herbivore

Such was the craziness of Cummings' justification yesterday that the revelation from him that his wife and daughter both went to hospital in Durham and both could have taken Covid there with them. He also broke his quarantine to go and pick them up, even though he apparently couldn't even get out of bed. It's such contemptible sh!te.

To be fair they were taken there by ambulance.

Your comments about him driving to collect them are very significant. Even if you accept he had to drive to ?Durham he didn’t have to drive to the hospital presumably his sister and parents could have done that.

Very surprised yesterday how not one of the journalists picked up on this as it is evidence of Cummings attitude to COVID rules. Just another example of him displaying an attitude that the rules don’t apply to him.

2023 year of destiny

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 14:27 - May 26 with 1245 viewsSpruceMoose

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 12:12 - May 26 by Pinewoodblue

Your comments about him driving to collect them are very significant. Even if you accept he had to drive to ?Durham he didn’t have to drive to the hospital presumably his sister and parents could have done that.

Very surprised yesterday how not one of the journalists picked up on this as it is evidence of Cummings attitude to COVID rules. Just another example of him displaying an attitude that the rules don’t apply to him.

Honestly, I thought the questions, especially the follow up questions, yesterday were weak as pish. Several times there was a logical follow up question that came about from nonsense Cummings had spouted and they just fluffed it entirely.

They all seemed to go up there with their three questions fully formed and didn't deviate from the plan no matter what responses they received.

Like I said yesterday though, people shouldn't be expecting the press to ride in and save the day here. They aren't our allies, and they have a completely different set of motivations from the rest of us. If enough people want Cummings out then they will have to cause their own ruckus somehow.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 14:27]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 15:03 - May 26 with 1212 viewsHerbivore

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 12:12 - May 26 by Pinewoodblue

How they were taken there is somewhat irrelevant though, they were taken from a house where Covid was present and so risked spreading Covid at the hospital. One of the main reasons behind the lockdown was to stop the virus moving around the country in such a way. Him picking them up was also a breach and runs counter to his and her account of him being bed ridden for days.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 15:43 - May 26 with 1183 viewsKieran_Knows

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 10:33 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

"How stupid do they think we are?"

Based on 4 consecutive election victories, a Leave vote and now heading towards a No Deal? Stupid AF.

They all really are a bunch of stupid thick f*ckers.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024