Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram 15:21 - Jun 2 with 9660 viewsLibero

telling people to remove the black lives matters hashtag from their blackout posts.
It appears to always be a variation of "take out the black lives matter hashtag, you're blocking educational content" - Instagram, educational content?!
God lord.

What an outstanding coalition of tw@ts, cringey, the whole thing.

Any way, next week I'm going to start a a campaign, Icebucket challenge to combat human trafficking, anyone? Gonna really stick it to them.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:24 - Jun 2 with 3793 viewsBlueBadger

The reposte to these people is: 'Think of this as homework. Go find out why this sh*t is important.'
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:27 - Jun 2 with 3765 viewsLibero

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:24 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

The reposte to these people is: 'Think of this as homework. Go find out why this sh*t is important.'

Mate, I'm not claiming the subject itself is not important.
I just find the nature of these kind of social media campaigns bring out the absolute worst in people and I'm yet to see any evidence that it makes a difference or that they bring any actual meaningful additional focus onto the subject matter.

[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:28]
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:28 - Jun 2 with 3758 viewsBlueBadger

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:27 - Jun 2 by Libero

Mate, I'm not claiming the subject itself is not important.
I just find the nature of these kind of social media campaigns bring out the absolute worst in people and I'm yet to see any evidence that it makes a difference or that they bring any actual meaningful additional focus onto the subject matter.

[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:28]

Not having a go, honest, just suggesting tactics. Although granted, engaging with these pricks tends to be a fruitless exercise.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:28 - Jun 2 with 3764 viewsjeera

I just read this but am none the wiser.

* https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/2/21277852/blackout-tuesday-posts-hiding-informa

I'm not a user and still don't understand what instagram is for.

Mind you, I haven't been introduced to Zoom yet either and still don't know what's different to that from Skype.

If anyone feels patient enough that would be great...

*Edit: a link would have been useful!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:29]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:29 - Jun 2 with 3739 viewsLibero

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:28 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

Not having a go, honest, just suggesting tactics. Although granted, engaging with these pricks tends to be a fruitless exercise.

Ah, apologies, I think I misunderstood your post at first. Gotcha!
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:32 - Jun 2 with 3710 viewsBlueBadger

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:29 - Jun 2 by Libero

Ah, apologies, I think I misunderstood your post at first. Gotcha!

No worries, yours is not not the need to apologise there, not making myself clear(post-nights brain - the thoughts are there, but the translation to text isn't), have edited.

DID YOU SEE HOW EASY THAT WAS, TWTD BREXITEERS.

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:33 - Jun 2 with 3706 viewsjeera

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:32 - Jun 2 by BlueBadger

No worries, yours is not not the need to apologise there, not making myself clear(post-nights brain - the thoughts are there, but the translation to text isn't), have edited.

DID YOU SEE HOW EASY THAT WAS, TWTD BREXITEERS.

When you've finished w*nking each other off could one of you help with my questions please?

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:33 - Jun 2 with 3704 viewsLibero

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:28 - Jun 2 by jeera

I just read this but am none the wiser.

* https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/2/21277852/blackout-tuesday-posts-hiding-informa

I'm not a user and still don't understand what instagram is for.

Mind you, I haven't been introduced to Zoom yet either and still don't know what's different to that from Skype.

If anyone feels patient enough that would be great...

*Edit: a link would have been useful!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:29]

Sorry I didn't provide a link, I was literally just scrolling through my feed and saw 8/9 variants of the same comment on people's black out posts, all posted by different people.

In it's simplest form Instagram is for sharing photos.
It's shallow, vain and frivolous and that's okay, I think it knows what it is, I just enjoyed reading multiple examples of people treating it like it's some kind of educational resource that could potentially bring about greater equality.

It's all very Britta Perry.
Login to get fewer ads

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:35 - Jun 2 with 3693 viewsjeera

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:33 - Jun 2 by Libero

Sorry I didn't provide a link, I was literally just scrolling through my feed and saw 8/9 variants of the same comment on people's black out posts, all posted by different people.

It's shallow, vain and frivolous and that's okay, I think it knows what it is, I just enjoyed reading multiple examples of people treating it like it's some kind of educational resource that could potentially bring about greater equality.

No I meant I forgot to provide a link for the thing I'd read and was referring to.

This is all very confusing today.

Edit: I also had to look up Britta Perry.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:36]

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:35 - Jun 2 with 3694 viewsLankHenners

I think the issue is that clogging up the black lives matter hashtag with blank images stops people seeing atrocities being carried out by police which made up a lot of it, which is fair enough as people should see what the problem is.

Agree though, a lot of these things are well-meaning but pointless unless everyone's putting a donation in to one of the many bail funds for arrested protesters or a go fund me for the family of the guy who was shot by police last night.

Same as people thinking they're solving the mental health crisis by posting a selfie on Facebook. Thanks person miles more popular than me in high school who I haven't seen in years, I was feeling really sh!t until I saw your gurning face putting your thumbs up with a statistic you've copied and pasted from the last nob who 'challenged' you to be so brave, and now the fog in my head has cleared.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:35 - Jun 2 with 3682 viewsGeoffSentence

I thought it was for looking at pretty women.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:37 - Jun 2 with 3666 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:33 - Jun 2 by jeera

When you've finished w*nking each other off could one of you help with my questions please?

Nobody knows how to fix your damn laptop Jeera.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:37 - Jun 2 with 3671 viewsBlueBadger

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:33 - Jun 2 by jeera

Mate, if I had the answer to 'what's instagram for' I wouldn't be flogging my guts out in PPE for 12 hours overnight.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:39]

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:39 - Jun 2 with 3653 viewsjeera

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:37 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

Nobody knows how to fix your damn laptop Jeera.

No they bloody well don't and I've bumped it already so don't want to embarrass myself with more virtual begging.

I was hoping someone brighter might spot it and help out but no.

(I don't like to keep PMing Dan cos it doesn't seem fair, but Dan if you see this, you know...)

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:56 - Jun 2 with 3593 viewsLibero

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 15:39 - Jun 2 by jeera

No they bloody well don't and I've bumped it already so don't want to embarrass myself with more virtual begging.

I was hoping someone brighter might spot it and help out but no.

(I don't like to keep PMing Dan cos it doesn't seem fair, but Dan if you see this, you know...)

It's okay, I've subtly pushed it back up to the top of the page. xoxo
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:10 - Jun 2 with 3558 viewsclive_baker

I saw someone earlier denying white privilege on the basis he's had a tough life.

Beggars belief.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:16 - Jun 2 with 3523 viewsSpruceMoose

As with all social media you get out what you put in.

Of course there is educational content on there. Be it videos of protests, links to opinion pieces by writers or other relevant people, photos documenting conditions on the ground, resources that provide information on how you can support your local community. Just as social media can be corrupted to spread lies, it can also be used to spread truth,

I think the issue with misuse of hashtags is that it obscures the relevant posts that may be of interest, and in some cases, yes, educational.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:17 - Jun 2 with 3513 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:10 - Jun 2 by clive_baker

I saw someone earlier denying white privilege on the basis he's had a tough life.

Beggars belief.

Wasn't Marshalls_Mullet was it?

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:18 - Jun 2 with 3501 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Isn’t the entire blackout thing virtue signaling at its finest? Not much different from Trump holding a bible.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:20 - Jun 2 with 3484 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:10 - Jun 2 by clive_baker

Beggars belief.

Some white people are born into poverty.
Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:20 - Jun 2 with 3480 viewsHerbivore

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:18 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Isn’t the entire blackout thing virtue signaling at its finest? Not much different from Trump holding a bible.

Here comes alt right man to warn us all of the perils of virtue signalling.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:20 - Jun 2 with 3480 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:18 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on this.

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:21 - Jun 2 with 3482 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Instagram posts last 24 hours. The problem I have isn't that people post it, it is that they will post it and then never speak on it again. Hopefully, some of this educational content helps

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:21 - Jun 2 with 3468 viewsSpruceMoose

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:20 - Jun 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Some white people are born into poverty.

Go on...

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:23 - Jun 2 with 3468 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shout out to all the pious berks on Instagram on 16:20 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on this.

Sure so everyone posting a back out square on their Instagram is doing what exactly?

Community work? Donating, trying to bring about change in their company hiring policies? Or will they go back to posting their holiday and happy hour pictures later this summer with not a second thought?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024