Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... 09:25 - Jun 12 with 6701 viewssparks

On TS this morning- talking about peterborough and the supposed unfairness of the PPG ending. He said that they just had to get over it and get on with it.

Like he had to when "Barry Knight, the worst referee in history, stitched us up"

Over it and moved on then Fatsam?

Still bleating dishonestly about it 20 years on- despite the decisions in question being pretty much unquestionably correct.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:46 - Jun 12 with 2190 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:42 - Jun 12 by EastTownBlue

I thought that Jensen chose Charlton over us due to location ?

I'd thought the same but was told quite recently by somebody who would know that depsite him actually being in Ipswich (Curbishley drove to pick him up when an offer from Charlton had been accepted), that he was encouraged to change his mind by Allardyce and Garside.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:46 - Jun 12 with 2188 viewssparks

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:28 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

He brought up Barry Knight / the play off game?

What a bellend.

Not just brought it up... Brought it up as an example of dealing with something and moving on... 20 years later.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:05 - Jun 12 with 2161 viewsFifeITFC

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:29 - Jun 12 by footers

He could do a job here.

Yeah, he could do a double-act with your previous suggest of Holloway.

Leave the management of the club to have a little more clue than you*.

*that may or may not mean ME or PL.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:07 - Jun 12 with 2152 viewsfooters

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:05 - Jun 12 by FifeITFC

Yeah, he could do a double-act with your previous suggest of Holloway.

Leave the management of the club to have a little more clue than you*.

*that may or may not mean ME or PL.

I think you've had a bit of a sense of humour bypass somewhere along the line. Incredibly even when I've pointed out that both were jokes...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:07 - Jun 12 with 2155 viewsFifeITFC

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:42 - Jun 12 by EastTownBlue

I thought that Jensen chose Charlton over us due to location ?

I was always sure if was Jensen that turned us down, not Bolton. As you say, I think it was geography not THAT game.

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:09 - Jun 12 with 2132 viewsFifeITFC

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:07 - Jun 12 by footers

I think you've had a bit of a sense of humour bypass somewhere along the line. Incredibly even when I've pointed out that both were jokes...

Sorry I didn't see your post professing to it being a "joke". You just have previous for having a laughable suggestion.

Can I safely assume Holloway was another of your hilarious hum-dingers too?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:10 - Jun 12 with 2126 viewsfooters

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:09 - Jun 12 by FifeITFC

Sorry I didn't see your post professing to it being a "joke". You just have previous for having a laughable suggestion.

Yes, which I pointed out to you. But it went over your head.

No worries, you're just a bit dim. It's fine.

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:12 - Jun 12 with 2110 viewsFifeITFC

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:10 - Jun 12 by footers

Yes, which I pointed out to you. But it went over your head.

No worries, you're just a bit dim. It's fine.

Could you pass me that kettle, Mr. Pot?

Login to get fewer ads

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:18 - Jun 12 with 2075 viewsHerbivore

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:09 - Jun 12 by FifeITFC

Salty.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:32 - Jun 12 with 2049 viewsSuperblue95

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:07 - Jun 12 by footers

Suggesting Allardyce or Holloway to be our manager is no laughing matter.

Then again they couldn’t be much worse than the current melon we have.

Edit: Only just noticed the face mask on dear old Michaels face. Not sure how long you’ve had that there
[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 12:35]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:39 - Jun 12 with 2033 viewsBlueBadger

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:46 - Jun 12 by PrideOfTheEast

I'd thought the same but was told quite recently by somebody who would know that depsite him actually being in Ipswich (Curbishley drove to pick him up when an offer from Charlton had been accepted), that he was encouraged to change his mind by Allardyce and Garside.

God, Gartside. Remember how he used to be held up as a model for 'how to run a smaller club sustainably'?

Turns out his sustainability plan was 'hope to God you don't get relegated from the Prem, ever'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:43 - Jun 12 with 2029 viewsdavblue

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:23 - Jun 12 by PrideOfTheEast

Yep they were the better side probably although missed Gudjohnsen (sp) in the second leg if I recall correctly. The standard of the two sides collectively was incredible when you look back and little wonder Burley tried to sign Jensen shortly afterwards but Bolton wouldn't do a deal with us (essentially because of that second leg).

Magilton probably could have been sent off at some point but overall it's nothing like the catastrophe he makes it out to be.

Jansen, was in the building at the training ground, i know this for a fact as my cousin saw him there.

Fee was agreed if i recall correctly and his partner wanted to live in London, i think.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:57 - Jun 12 with 1998 viewsfooters

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:32 - Jun 12 by Superblue95

Suggesting Allardyce or Holloway to be our manager is no laughing matter.

Then again they couldn’t be much worse than the current melon we have.

Edit: Only just noticed the face mask on dear old Michaels face. Not sure how long you’ve had that there
[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 12:35]

We must all do our bit to protect our fellow citizens from this potentially lethal virus. Even members of the deceased community such as myself.

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 13:01 - Jun 12 with 1985 viewsBlueBadger

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:43 - Jun 12 by davblue

Jansen, was in the building at the training ground, i know this for a fact as my cousin saw him there.

Fee was agreed if i recall correctly and his partner wanted to live in London, i think.

It all fell apart when he bumped into Alan Curbishly in a Woodbridge estate agents whilst looking for somewhere to live.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 13:03 - Jun 12 with 1975 viewsclive_baker

PS the thread title definitely had me going "enjoy the money, I hope it makes you happy. What a sad little life Jane".

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 13:31 - Jun 12 with 1957 viewshoppy

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:46 - Jun 12 by PrideOfTheEast

Wasn't far for Curbishley to drive to pick him up, if he was at home in Woodbridge at the time...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 14:51 - Jun 12 with 1894 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't mind him. He's certainly worth a listen on the latest Don't Tell Me the Score podcast. Where he reveals himself to be the sort of insightful and eager to learn man-manager we're always crying out for whenever we need start moving in the right direction with an actual proper team.

Although getting cash for favours on the side, while strictly speaking not getting in the way of his England job, still felt dodgy.

And he's also wrong about the play-offs but to be honest that was no different to the Bolton fans and commentators/pundits in the North West at the time. I suspect if we were on the "other end" of that a majority would still be lamenting the ref, even if there's no evidence that the ref did anything but lose a bit of control of the game, while the Bolton players lost their heads way more.

Pronouns: He/Him

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 14:53 - Jun 12 with 1891 viewsLibero

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 14:51 - Jun 12 by Darth_Koont

I don't mind him. He's certainly worth a listen on the latest Don't Tell Me the Score podcast. Where he reveals himself to be the sort of insightful and eager to learn man-manager we're always crying out for whenever we need start moving in the right direction with an actual proper team.

Although getting cash for favours on the side, while strictly speaking not getting in the way of his England job, still felt dodgy.

And he's also wrong about the play-offs but to be honest that was no different to the Bolton fans and commentators/pundits in the North West at the time. I suspect if we were on the "other end" of that a majority would still be lamenting the ref, even if there's no evidence that the ref did anything but lose a bit of control of the game, while the Bolton players lost their heads way more.

Aye, I said in another thread I found his talk at Oxford(or was it Cambridge?) rather interesting, especially when he recounted how he implemented techniques used in the NFL for the first time in England to bring Sports Science to professional football at a time where not many did.

Regardless, I would never want him as Manager of ITFC.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 15:00 - Jun 12 with 1867 viewsDarth_Koont

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 14:53 - Jun 12 by Libero

Aye, I said in another thread I found his talk at Oxford(or was it Cambridge?) rather interesting, especially when he recounted how he implemented techniques used in the NFL for the first time in England to bring Sports Science to professional football at a time where not many did.

Regardless, I would never want him as Manager of ITFC.

Yep. It's not worth it based on his past.

If I were Evans I'd be getting advice from people like him though. He seems to have got the most out of the football part of the business while at Bolton and showed how a smaller club could keep punching well above its weight.

Pronouns: He/Him

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 15:02 - Jun 12 with 1863 viewsLibero

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 15:00 - Jun 12 by Darth_Koont

Yep. It's not worth it based on his past.

If I were Evans I'd be getting advice from people like him though. He seems to have got the most out of the football part of the business while at Bolton and showed how a smaller club could keep punching well above its weight.

I just want George Burley back.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 15:11 - Jun 12 with 1849 viewsjaykay

i think he now brags ,that he is the only full time england manager never to lose a game

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 15:24 - Jun 12 with 1836 viewsLibero

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 15:11 - Jun 12 by jaykay

i think he now brags ,that he is the only full time england manager never to lose a game

"100% win record" I believe is his line.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 17:12 - Jun 12 with 1795 viewsvapour_trail

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:46 - Jun 12 by sparks

Not just brought it up... Brought it up as an example of dealing with something and moving on... 20 years later.

I like the fact that it still rankles with the fat bellend, twenty years down the line.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:16 - Jun 13 with 1697 viewssolemio

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 12:57 - Jun 12 by footers

We must all do our bit to protect our fellow citizens from this potentially lethal virus. Even members of the deceased community such as myself.

I clearly misunderstood people when they said that you are a dead loss.

(In)sincere apologies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024