Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Rashford positive role model 07:55 - Jun 15 with 3685 viewsGlasgowBlue

Raised £20m helping feed 400,000 children.

Learned sign language to judge a poetry event in a deaf school.

Supplied 3million meals to vulnerable children in the UK.

Writes to MPs asking them to put pressure on the government to extend the food voucher scheme for kids into the summer holidays.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 08:10 - Jun 15 with 2913 viewslowhouseblue

very impressive. i hope his efforts get the attention they deserve.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 08:32 - Jun 15 with 2868 viewsGlasgowBlue

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 08:10 - Jun 15 by lowhouseblue

SPOTY at the very least I would have thought.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 08:51 - Jun 15 with 2830 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 08:10 - Jun 15 by lowhouseblue

He's had lots of attention for it, as you would expect.

To be honest, I like the fact that he has done it without actively seeking attention. That in itself is a rarity.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 08:57 - Jun 15 with 2812 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 08:32 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

I think that SPOTY should be primarily for sporting achievements. But you this year is going to need to be different.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 8:57]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:00 - Jun 15 with 2791 viewsbluelagos

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 08:51 - Jun 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's had lots of attention for it, as you would expect.

To be honest, I like the fact that he has done it without actively seeking attention. That in itself is a rarity.

Ah, but you won't of heard of those doing good deeds and keeping quiet about it! Apparently George Michael would often ask that a deed would not be publicised, as told by someone after his death. Am sure there are many others.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:02 - Jun 15 with 2777 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:00 - Jun 15 by bluelagos

Ah, but you won't of heard of those doing good deeds and keeping quiet about it! Apparently George Michael would often ask that a deed would not be publicised, as told by someone after his death. Am sure there are many others.

Exactly.

I have the utmost respect for those who do it without seeking out attention, it shows that was they are doing really is charitable and not for self promotion.

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:10 - Jun 15 with 2758 viewsitfcjoe

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:02 - Jun 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Exactly.

I have the utmost respect for those who do it without seeking out attention, it shows that was they are doing really is charitable and not for self promotion.

Not always that simple, the self promotion can also help raise awareness and spread the message further and wider

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:13 - Jun 15 with 2749 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:10 - Jun 15 by itfcjoe

Not always that simple, the self promotion can also help raise awareness and spread the message further and wider

I get that, I just have more respect for people who don't seek out publicity for charitable work. The examples of Rashford and George Michael illustrate that well.

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:21 - Jun 15 with 2728 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 08:57 - Jun 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think that SPOTY should be primarily for sporting achievements. But you this year is going to need to be different.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 8:57]

Tyson Fury will win it I imagine.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:22 - Jun 15 with 2716 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:21 - Jun 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Tyson Fury will win it I imagine.

Probably.

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:24 - Jun 15 with 2709 viewsSwansea_Blue

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 08:32 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

The going rate appears to be a knighthood.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:36 - Jun 15 with 2679 viewsChutney

Seems like a really good egg. Well played Marcus.
Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:54 - Jun 15 with 2643 viewsSwansea_Blue

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:02 - Jun 15 with 2620 viewsfooters

There shouldn't be hungry children in the UK.

Vote Labour.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:05 - Jun 15 with 2609 viewsScuzzer

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 09:13 - Jun 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

I get that, I just have more respect for people who don't seek out publicity for charitable work. The examples of Rashford and George Michael illustrate that well.

Matthew 6:3-5
2-4 “When you do something for someone else, don’t call attention to yourself. You’ve seen them in action, I’m sure–‘playactors’ I call them–treating prayer meeting and street corner alike as a stage, acting compassionate as long as someone is watching, playing to the crowds. They get applause, true, but that’s all they get. When you help someone out, don’t think about how it looks. Just do it–quietly and unobtrusively. That is the way your God, who conceived you in love, working behind the scenes, helps you out

Established 1968

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:05 - Jun 15 with 2605 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:02 - Jun 15 by footers

Vote Labour.

...in 4.5 years time.

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:09 - Jun 15 with 2588 viewsDarth_Koont

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:02 - Jun 15 by footers

Vote Labour.

Indeed. Good on Rashford but we have 4 million children in poverty.

Supporting him (and the NHS, essential workers, military veterans, the disabled, black lives, refugees etc. etc. ) is all well and good. But the core problem is that we clearly do not give enough of a sh!t in normal, boring times.

I've seen this moral placebo effect repeated too many times.

Pronouns: He/Him

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:09 - Jun 15 with 2587 viewsfooters

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:05 - Jun 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

...in 4.5 years time.

Aside from all the elections (literally all of them) that have happened since the FTPA was passed...

Anyway, I reckon another decade of 'one nation' conservatism will sort it out. Chinny reckon.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:15 - Jun 15 with 2562 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:09 - Jun 15 by footers

Aside from all the elections (literally all of them) that have happened since the FTPA was passed...

Anyway, I reckon another decade of 'one nation' conservatism will sort it out. Chinny reckon.

Can see this one going full term, given the majority.

I'm not saying Tories can sort anything out, am just giving my view on the political landscape.

Labour need to finally step up to the plate and stop missing open goals. JC did a good Ronny Rosenthal impression when up against Teresa May.

A good parliament needs a good opposition.

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:30 - Jun 15 with 2533 viewsSwansea_Blue

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:15 - Jun 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Can see this one going full term, given the majority.

I'm not saying Tories can sort anything out, am just giving my view on the political landscape.

Labour need to finally step up to the plate and stop missing open goals. JC did a good Ronny Rosenthal impression when up against Teresa May.

A good parliament needs a good opposition.

Me too. Everyone's getting all excited because of the c0ckups, but they have no shame and in this post-truth world they'll just refuse to acknowledge any weakness and lie, safe in Parliament because of that majority. Throw in a fairly complicit press and a core evangelical support, they're untouchable for now.

You've just got to look to the US and Trump to see how this will play out.

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:33 - Jun 15 with 2522 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 10:30 - Jun 15 by Swansea_Blue

Me too. Everyone's getting all excited because of the c0ckups, but they have no shame and in this post-truth world they'll just refuse to acknowledge any weakness and lie, safe in Parliament because of that majority. Throw in a fairly complicit press and a core evangelical support, they're untouchable for now.

You've just got to look to the US and Trump to see how this will play out.

Labour need to play the slow game, and not blow their load too early.

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 14:49 - Jun 15 with 2426 viewshampstead_blue

That lad has his head on.

In his BBC piece he firmly states his work for equality is not about politics but humanity.
Love that.

Some issues are so way above politics they do need to be highlighted as such. He's doing a great job.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 14:56 - Jun 15 with 2408 viewsDarth_Koont

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 14:49 - Jun 15 by hampstead_blue

In his BBC piece he firmly states his work for equality is not about politics but humanity.
Love that.

Some issues are so way above politics they do need to be highlighted as such. He's doing a great job.

Which indicates more how far our politics have sunk. I give massive credit to Rashford, of course, but he really shouldn't be having to do this and there shouldn't be such a gaping void for him to be able to step into.

As a country, we need to give up the flatscreen, SKY subscription and the ciggies or whatever we're wasting our money on if we can't afford (or be @rsed) to give children a much more stable, healthier and happier environment to grow up in.

Pronouns: He/Him

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 15:33 - Jun 15 with 2347 viewsHerbivore

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 14:49 - Jun 15 by hampstead_blue

Love that.

The issue of child poverty isn't "way above politics" though when it is directly impacted by politics. Taking away free school meals, years of austerity: these are all political decisions taken by the government of the day. I know that's uncomfortable for you as your team is in charge and you also want to come across as someone who is socially responsible. I'm afraid, though, you're just going to have to acknowledge the cognitive dissonance that causes you rather than pretending something inherently political is actually "above politics".

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 16:16 - Jun 15 with 2311 viewshampstead_blue

Marcus Rashford positive role model on 15:33 - Jun 15 by Herbivore

The issue of child poverty isn't "way above politics" though when it is directly impacted by politics. Taking away free school meals, years of austerity: these are all political decisions taken by the government of the day. I know that's uncomfortable for you as your team is in charge and you also want to come across as someone who is socially responsible. I'm afraid, though, you're just going to have to acknowledge the cognitive dissonance that causes you rather than pretending something inherently political is actually "above politics".

Why don't you bog off and twist someone else's words.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024