Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Working from home" moan 09:49 - Jun 18 with 3148 viewsLibero

It should go without saying that I am of course incredibly grateful to be in safe employment currently but I'm really bloody fed up of working at home.

I've worked roles previously where I've had the option for home working and I've always enjoyed it, taking advantage to either crack down on a piece of work or take my foot off the pedal a bit when needed.

However this feels like something completely foreign to previous experiences.
I just can't shake the feeling that I haven't worked hard enough/done enough - this is despite my line manager repeatedly stating she's very happy with my contribution.

I'm lucky in that I get to go to the office twice a week but the days I'm working from home are as much a mental challenge as they are a professional one currently.
Mrs. Libero is working from home also 3 days a week, two of those cross over with when I'm working from home, this obviously presents challenges as our childcare is currently shielding.

Such a blurring of personal and professional time at the moment, it's not good for someone like me who requires a clear cut off in order to allow myself to relax.

I'm just interested to hear other's experiences of working from home currently, I'm sure many people are experiencing issues that are in some way similar.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 9:50]
"Working from home" moan on 13:28 - Jun 18 with 643 viewslongtimefan

"Working from home" moan on 13:17 - Jun 18 by DecageBruce

You're well within your rights.

What I am really struggling with are the 'can you just....' requests from my wife every half an hour.

That’s my experience too. For some reason the reply “You do realise I’m working don’t you?” doesn’t seem to go down too well!
"Working from home" moan on 13:40 - Jun 18 with 629 viewsKeno

What I am really struggling with are the 'can you just....' requests from my wife every half an hour.

doesn't that depend on the the 'Can you just ......' request is?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

"Working from home" moan on 13:46 - Jun 18 with 625 viewsKeno

Libby doing something every now and then is very different to doing it all the time.

I'm worked from home for a number a years and at the start of lockdown I posted some tips which other people added to

Tips for working from home by Keno 18 Mar 2020 12:03
I guess some of you are new to this so having been someone who has worked form home for a while I thought I'd share some tips and am happy if other posters want to add there own pearls of wisdom

1, Try to have a routine - a start time, a break time, a lunch time and end to day. That helps stop the day become a blur
2, In the office you talk to people so occasionally stop to look in on here (there are other forums available .... apparently), talk to the wife, stroke the dog (or vice versa), It the day go smoother
3, no matter how well intentioned you start the day some days you just won't 'get into it' just accept that and do what you can
4, Be strict in getting done the really important things first, I know some may laugh but a do list helps
5, use the time you would have been commuting to do something useful, if not work they try e learning a language 20 mins a day

feel free to add

Whether you are in the office or at home some days you get on better than others

and mostly dont be too hard on yourself

"Working from home" moan on 13:55 - Jun 18 with 614 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

I work from home 60% of the time anyway, but it is noticeable it is less enjoyable now that my daughters (17 and 15) have finished school and college; it's harder to concentrate.

My wife works as a childminder so I have brats disturbing me now and no option of driving to an office for a bit of peace.

Finally I have to buy new office furniture now, as my current arrangements suit working four hours a day with site visits added, but aren't geared towards 8 hours a day. Home working is a great idea, but the cracks are starting to show now.
"Working from home" moan on 14:15 - Jun 18 with 589 viewsSaleAway

I appear to have taken on MrsSA's IT helpdesk support role, which can be a bit intrusive.

Funnily enough, she went on a course at work, which gave her a title " Digital Eagle". I've modified it down a bit. I originally called her a "digital thrush", but that wasn't appreciated - she's now graduated up one level - and is a "digital puffin". Too many requests on my time result in a threat to downgrade back to thrush :-)

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

"Working from home" moan on 14:18 - Jun 18 with 582 viewsfooters

"Working from home" moan on 14:15 - Jun 18 by SaleAway

I appear to have taken on MrsSA's IT helpdesk support role, which can be a bit intrusive.

Funnily enough, she went on a course at work, which gave her a title " Digital Eagle". I've modified it down a bit. I originally called her a "digital thrush", but that wasn't appreciated - she's now graduated up one level - and is a "digital puffin". Too many requests on my time result in a threat to downgrade back to thrush :-)

And is the downgrade from Digital Thrush Digital Tit?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

(No subject) on 14:24 - Jun 18 with 559 viewsSpruceMoose

"Working from home" moan on 14:18 - Jun 18 by footers

And is the downgrade from Digital Thrush Digital Tit?

Booby before Tit.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 14:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

"Working from home" moan on 14:44 - Jun 18 with 536 viewsDecageBruce

"Working from home" moan on 13:40 - Jun 18 by Keno

doesn't that depend on the the 'Can you just ......' request is?

Been married 5 years and two young kids in the house......
Login to get fewer ads

"Working from home" moan on 15:17 - Jun 18 with 517 viewsKeno

"Working from home" moan on 14:44 - Jun 18 by DecageBruce

Been married 5 years and two young kids in the house......

so probably nothing that you leave TWTD for then

(No subject) on 15:57 - Jun 18 with 503 viewsEwan_Oozami

(No subject) on 14:24 - Jun 18 by SpruceMoose

Booby before Tit.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 14:24]

Can I offer up a Digital Swallow?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

(No subject) on 17:06 - Jun 18 with 470 viewshoppy

(No subject) on 15:57 - Jun 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Can I offer up a Digital Swallow?

What's that old phrase....

'One swallow doesn't make a lockdown'... or something?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

(No subject) on 19:01 - Jun 18 with 443 viewsreusersfreekicks

"Working from home" moan on 09:54 - Jun 18 by Bluefish

I already worked from home but I mixed it up with visiting customers and the office (7 hour round trip). It just isn't the same now with my 3 kids and wife at home and not having the week broken up with long trips out.

I tend to be able to waste hours at a time and realise I've not achieved anything but at other times I will crsck on and work late in the evening. My employer is fine with this and says it is part and parcel and working from home

Is the time wasted thinking of all your highly amusing names for Paul Lambert?
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 19:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024