Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That deal is so important 11:28 - Jul 1 with 2732 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Keeping him here another year is very good business.

Kudos to Evans and Lambert on this.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

That deal is so important on 11:54 - Jul 1 with 2664 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good that he's signed a new contract, it will make him more settled.

It doesn't guarantee he'll stay though. Hope he does.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

That deal is so important on 12:00 - Jul 1 with 2658 viewsclive_baker

It doesn't really change anything unfortunately, other than perhaps making him a bit more expensive to potential suitors. If we get a decent offer for him he'll be off. If we don't, he wont.

Connor Wickham signed a new deal and joined Sunderland 8 weeks later.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That deal is so important on 12:01 - Jul 1 with 2644 viewsChrisd

That deal is so important on 12:00 - Jul 1 by clive_baker

It doesn't really change anything unfortunately, other than perhaps making him a bit more expensive to potential suitors. If we get a decent offer for him he'll be off. If we don't, he wont.

Can see something similar happening.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

That deal is so important on 12:02 - Jul 1 with 2643 viewstractorboy1978

Agree in principle but I'm more inclined to think he will be here another year than not.
That deal is so important on 12:03 - Jul 1 with 2638 viewsbournemouthblue

Well indeed, it may have been offered with that in mind

I just wonder if the effects of Corona may stall investment a little bit in the short run, we will see

It won't put Premier League clubs off and it may also effect the Championship a bit less but League One and below are going to be heavilly effected

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

That deal is so important on 12:05 - Jul 1 with 2627 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

There is always that potential, but even if he does leave, that long term contract increases the value.

I believe now he will be here at least one more year.

That deal is so important on 12:06 - Jul 1 with 2624 viewsclive_baker

That deal is so important on 12:03 - Jul 1 by bournemouthblue

I just wonder if the effects of Corona may stall investment a little bit in the short run, we will see

It won't put Premier League clubs off and it may also effect the Championship a bit less but League One and below are going to be heavilly effected

I think generally, yes. I wouldn't expect to see the level of transfer activity that we would usually see given the amount of uncertainty and hit to revenues. If a Sheffield United want to offer £5m I dare say we wont see Woolfy here next season, but I would make that less likely that it was 6 months ago.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That deal is so important on 12:18 - Jul 1 with 2582 viewsOldsmoker

That deal is so important on 12:03 - Jul 1 by bournemouthblue

If Wolf is off then its Championship or above.
The wage cap might mean league1 clubs looking to league2 and below for new additions rather than from the levels above.
I expect there will be a glut of out-of-contract players looking for clubs.
I would trust MM (#twtd) to cherry-pick the best but I have less confidence in PRP to do the same.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

That deal is so important on 12:26 - Jul 1 with 2555 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That deal is so important on 12:06 - Jul 1 by clive_baker

I think generally, yes. I wouldn't expect to see the level of transfer activity that we would usually see given the amount of uncertainty and hit to revenues. If a Sheffield United want to offer £5m I dare say we wont see Woolfy here next season, but I would make that less likely that it was 6 months ago.

Yes if £5m is put on the table he will still be gone, but at least negotiation powers are in our hand now.

If he leaves, go and get Charlie Goode at Northampton, would be a fantastic replacement.

That deal is so important on 12:27 - Jul 1 with 2554 viewsFenboyBlue

After 10 years of decline it's time to try a different strategy. Keep our promising players as the spine and build a promotion winning team around them.
That deal is so important on 12:29 - Jul 1 with 2535 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That deal is so important on 12:27 - Jul 1 by FenboyBlue

After 10 years of decline it's time to try a different strategy. Keep our promising players as the spine and build a promotion winning team around them.

I think this a fair comment, but money talks in football.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 12:29]

That deal is so important on 14:20 - Jul 1 with 2406 viewsBlueBadger

It's ultimately meaningless - if someone wants to buy him, they will. We'll just get slightly less of a pittance for him is all.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That deal is so important on 16:08 - Jul 1 with 2319 viewsPhilTWTD

That deal is so important on 14:20 - Jul 1 by BlueBadger

It's ultimately meaningless - if someone wants to buy him, they will. We'll just get slightly less of a pittance for him is all.

Not sure it would make that much of a difference as he was effectively contracted until 2023 in any case, least not for a couple of years. It's as much a case of getting him up to a wage befitting a regular first-teamer as his last contract was signed when he was only just making his first steps into the senior side.
That deal is so important on 16:47 - Jul 1 with 2243 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That deal is so important on 16:08 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

Not sure it would make that much of a difference as he was effectively contracted until 2023 in any case, least not for a couple of years. It's as much a case of getting him up to a wage befitting a regular first-teamer as his last contract was signed when he was only just making his first steps into the senior side.

Is there likely to be a release clause in the contract?

It must be very difficult to predict the market at the moment. The very top clubs won't have been so badly affected financially but those in the middle are going to be desperate to boost income meaning any money spent at the top is less likely to trickle down as far as it might have done in the past.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That deal is so important on 17:01 - Jul 1 with 2215 viewsPhilTWTD

That deal is so important on 16:47 - Jul 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is there likely to be a release clause in the contract?

It must be very difficult to predict the market at the moment. The very top clubs won't have been so badly affected financially but those in the middle are going to be desperate to boost income meaning any money spent at the top is less likely to trickle down as far as it might have done in the past.

I wouldn't expect so, I don't recall any of our previous deals being on that basis and I can't see that it would be something demanded by him. The impression I get is that he is being rewarded in terms of wages above all else with the additional period aimed at protecting the club later on down the line depending on his continued development.

From what I was told Leeds were the most interested of the various clubs. Sheffield United and QPR had definitely watched but weren't looking to progress things, Crystal Palace had also watched him. Dougie Freedman was at the Blackpool match.
That deal is so important on 17:12 - Jul 1 with 2184 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That deal is so important on 17:01 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

I wouldn't expect so, I don't recall any of our previous deals being on that basis and I can't see that it would be something demanded by him. The impression I get is that he is being rewarded in terms of wages above all else with the additional period aimed at protecting the club later on down the line depending on his continued development.

From what I was told Leeds were the most interested of the various clubs. Sheffield United and QPR had definitely watched but weren't looking to progress things, Crystal Palace had also watched him. Dougie Freedman was at the Blackpool match.

Do you expect something similar with Downes over the close period?

Deal until 2022? With an extended year at the moment correct?

That deal is so important on 17:14 - Jul 1 with 2180 viewsPhilTWTD

That deal is so important on 17:12 - Jul 1 by TheTrueBlue1878

Do you expect something similar with Downes over the close period?

Deal until 2022? With an extended year at the moment correct?

Not from what I'm told. His deal was signed a bit later in his development so was more a first-team regular's deal than Woolfenden's previous one. Yes, 2022 plus an option.
That deal is so important on 18:32 - Jul 1 with 2085 viewsSwansea_Blue

That deal is so important on 17:14 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

Not from what I'm told. His deal was signed a bit later in his development so was more a first-team regular's deal than Woolfenden's previous one. Yes, 2022 plus an option.

Quality player. I'll be gobsmacked if he's still here next year. He's got it all imo, physical, mental and technical.

Sad to say it, but he needs to move on an can easily play at the top of the Championship now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024