Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club 22:03 - Jul 6 with 7048 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I appreciate they have a minuscule budget and have worked absolute wonders and they have to do things differently.

Normally I’d love the romance of a club so small having a chance of such a massive achievement but they are so unlikeable.

Every single player dives, cheats, whinges and moans and tonight, in an empty stadium, you could still hear people shouting ‘woooooah’ when the Fleetwood keeper was trying to clear the ball, jeering mistakes and so on.

This was who? The Wycombe subs, staff or media? Ridiculous behaviour.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 12:58 - Jul 7 with 1207 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 12:41 - Jul 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We certainly did a few years back. Now sadly only a couple of players remain from those heady days

No club wanted this couple, what a shame, eh?
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:00 - Jul 7 with 1203 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 12:56 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

You are so, so odd. Have a look at this thread instead of asking me stupis questions.

I've looked at it. I'm struggling to see what you think I've made up. I don't know why you keep resorting to calling me odd, it's not very accurate and it's not very classy behaviour either.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:01 - Jul 7 with 1201 viewsBeattie78

Hope Oxford win because they deserve to be in the playoffs whereas Wycombe are there only because of the Pandemic. Like us, since the new year they have been in freefall. Top of the league on 31st December with 43 points, since then they picked up just 16 points. Wouldn't have made Wembley but for "points per game". Bloody lucky.

LexdenBlue62

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:07 - Jul 7 with 1190 viewsitfcjoe

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 12:38 - Jul 7 by davblue

If everybody played the same way the game would be boring.

What they've done from nearly getting relegated from league 2 a few years back has been remarkable. No funding, shoestring budget, they've been fantastic. The football isn't great it long ball but it's hardly at the Wimbledon level.

They also aren't going to play free flowing football with Bayo upfront. He's a really good target man, watching him closely, the angles he creates for knockdowns, he's a very clever player, very underrated because of his size.

It's a fine achievement, I just don't like the way they play at all. It's not the long ball only, it's the histronics, the diving, the ref surrounding, etc. After watching them at ours I spoke to a friends husband who is a Wycombe fan and said simply I don't think I could watch that every week.

They can't be as nasty as Wimbledon because of how many cameras there are now, but like Wimbledon it is a case of going past the line as often as they can get away with.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:10 - Jul 7 with 1179 viewsitfcjoe

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 12:58 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

No club wanted this couple, what a shame, eh?

Chambers: I Didn't Know If I'd Be at Town or Forest 23rd Feb 2017 19:07
Blues skipper Luke Chambers has admitted his time at Town was very much in the balance when his former club Nottingham Forest made a deadline day move for him last month. The 31-year-old was offered a two-and-a-half-year deal by the Midlanders with his Blues contract up at the end of the season with Town yet to trigger an option for a further season. 21

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:12 - Jul 7 with 1170 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:00 - Jul 7 by Herbivore

I've looked at it. I'm struggling to see what you think I've made up. I don't know why you keep resorting to calling me odd, it's not very accurate and it's not very classy behaviour either.

Don't expect me to waste my time to explain you number of things. Waste of time as at the end of it you'll be twisting my words/making the stuff up/struggling to see this or that.

Will give you one example. You telling me that I was consistently negative about mccarthy which is not true and that what I had to explain. But why do I have to explain it? Just because you are either deliberately stupid and make stuff up.

All explained from me. If you 'struggle' as you claim then it's not my problem.
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:13 - Jul 7 with 1169 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:10 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

Chambers: I Didn't Know If I'd Be at Town or Forest 23rd Feb 2017 19:07
Blues skipper Luke Chambers has admitted his time at Town was very much in the balance when his former club Nottingham Forest made a deadline day move for him last month. The 31-year-old was offered a two-and-a-half-year deal by the Midlanders with his Blues contract up at the end of the season with Town yet to trigger an option for a further season. 21

Yep, any others?
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:17 - Jul 7 with 1152 viewsitfcjoe

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:13 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yep, any others?

I think the words you are looking for are 'I was wrong, again'

Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:18 - Jul 7 with 1151 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:12 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Don't expect me to waste my time to explain you number of things. Waste of time as at the end of it you'll be twisting my words/making the stuff up/struggling to see this or that.

Will give you one example. You telling me that I was consistently negative about mccarthy which is not true and that what I had to explain. But why do I have to explain it? Just because you are either deliberately stupid and make stuff up.

All explained from me. If you 'struggle' as you claim then it's not my problem.

You were and are consistently negative about McCarthy. There is a ton of evidence of this. I haven't made that up. You are being quite unpleasant in your tone and to be honest I feel like you're trying to gaslight me here. Not cool.

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:20 - Jul 7 with 1140 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:13 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yep, any others?

Ahahaha never change Mach

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:27 - Jul 7 with 1126 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:18 - Jul 7 by Herbivore

You were and are consistently negative about McCarthy. There is a ton of evidence of this. I haven't made that up. You are being quite unpleasant in your tone and to be honest I feel like you're trying to gaslight me here. Not cool.

You telling me that I was consistently negative about mccarthy during his entire tenure.....

What a pathetic individual and liar you are. Twisting peoples words, making stuff up, same old, same old from you.
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:33 - Jul 7 with 1107 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:27 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

You telling me that I was consistently negative about mccarthy during his entire tenure.....

What a pathetic individual and liar you are. Twisting peoples words, making stuff up, same old, same old from you.

You're the one who is saying "entire career", those are not my words. I said you are and were consistently negative about him, which is true.

You can search by your username and 'McCarthy' and these are the results: https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/search/?search=Mach_foreignBlue+McCarthy#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Mach_foreignBlue%20McCarthy&gsc.page=1

I'm not sure how many pages you have to go through to find a balanced post about McCarthy from you, let alone a positive one, but I gave up after a few pages. I would say that's pretty good evidence of your consistent negativity when it comes to McCarthy.

And again, your tone here is really rather unnecessary don't you think? Calling someone pathetic for providing a view that is easily evidenced? That's not really on.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 13:34]

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:42 - Jul 7 with 1091 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:33 - Jul 7 by Herbivore

You're the one who is saying "entire career", those are not my words. I said you are and were consistently negative about him, which is true.

You can search by your username and 'McCarthy' and these are the results: https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/search/?search=Mach_foreignBlue+McCarthy#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Mach_foreignBlue%20McCarthy&gsc.page=1

I'm not sure how many pages you have to go through to find a balanced post about McCarthy from you, let alone a positive one, but I gave up after a few pages. I would say that's pretty good evidence of your consistent negativity when it comes to McCarthy.

And again, your tone here is really rather unnecessary don't you think? Calling someone pathetic for providing a view that is easily evidenced? That's not really on.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 13:34]

Hang on you said 'consistently'. By saying that I understand that you meant his entire tenure with us. Now you claim you meant something else. It's a comedy gold but can you specify dates in which I was consistently negative. Come on you can pick up and select dates if we don't mean his entire tenure with us.
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:49 - Jul 7 with 1072 viewspointofblue

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:01 - Jul 7 by Beattie78

Hope Oxford win because they deserve to be in the playoffs whereas Wycombe are there only because of the Pandemic. Like us, since the new year they have been in freefall. Top of the league on 31st December with 43 points, since then they picked up just 16 points. Wouldn't have made Wembley but for "points per game". Bloody lucky.

This is what bugs me the most - they fluked their way into the play offs because they hadn’t yet played Coventry. Would prefer to see Oxford go up for that reason alone.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:51 - Jul 7 with 1067 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:42 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Hang on you said 'consistently'. By saying that I understand that you meant his entire tenure with us. Now you claim you meant something else. It's a comedy gold but can you specify dates in which I was consistently negative. Come on you can pick up and select dates if we don't mean his entire tenure with us.

You have introduced the notion of it being his entire career, I am basing it on posts from you that I can remember and on that basis you have consistently been negative about him. I'd be interested to see some positive posts from you about McCarthy, as I can't recall any in the time I've been posting here and couldn't find any in the first few pages when I searched for some.

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:22 - Jul 7 with 1037 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:51 - Jul 7 by Herbivore

You have introduced the notion of it being his entire career, I am basing it on posts from you that I can remember and on that basis you have consistently been negative about him. I'd be interested to see some positive posts from you about McCarthy, as I can't recall any in the time I've been posting here and couldn't find any in the first few pages when I searched for some.

MK Dons away game for example from December 2015 when we won 1-0 after the Pitman goal. Despite the win there had been a number unimpressed people on the forum. One of them had a rabid attack on mccarthy and I was on the other side of that argument defending mccarthy very strongly. That was a time when I was pro-him.
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:23 - Jul 7 with 1034 viewsLibero

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:22 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

MK Dons away game for example from December 2015 when we won 1-0 after the Pitman goal. Despite the win there had been a number unimpressed people on the forum. One of them had a rabid attack on mccarthy and I was on the other side of that argument defending mccarthy very strongly. That was a time when I was pro-him.

LOL! - this is unreal!
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:31 - Jul 7 with 1014 viewsSpruceMoose

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:00 - Jul 7 by Herbivore

Seems like bullying to me...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:38 - Jul 7 with 993 viewsLibero

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:31 - Jul 7 by SpruceMoose

Seems like bullying to me...

**TWTD BULLY CLAIM KLAXON**
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 14:39]
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:42 - Jul 7 with 987 viewsSpruceMoose

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:38 - Jul 7 by Libero

**TWTD BULLY CLAIM KLAXON**
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 14:39]

Can we have a TWTD False Bullying Claim Charity Collection Jar? We could have raised enough to buy fooking Gareth Bale for the club recently.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:46 - Jul 7 with 969 viewsLibero

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:42 - Jul 7 by SpruceMoose

Can we have a TWTD False Bullying Claim Charity Collection Jar? We could have raised enough to buy fooking Gareth Bale for the club recently.

I don't measure the validity of the claim, I simply report the claim itself and mentally note who it is making it.
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:59 - Jul 7 with 959 viewsdavblue

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 13:07 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

It's a fine achievement, I just don't like the way they play at all. It's not the long ball only, it's the histronics, the diving, the ref surrounding, etc. After watching them at ours I spoke to a friends husband who is a Wycombe fan and said simply I don't think I could watch that every week.

They can't be as nasty as Wimbledon because of how many cameras there are now, but like Wimbledon it is a case of going past the line as often as they can get away with.

Think that's a tad strong about 'going past the line as often as they can' but that's your opinion.

I think they aren't for a football purist that's for sure and they have some streetwise players but Wycombe are a pretty unoffensive club on and off the pitch.
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 15:08 - Jul 7 with 942 viewsitfcjoe

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 14:59 - Jul 7 by davblue

Think that's a tad strong about 'going past the line as often as they can' but that's your opinion.

I think they aren't for a football purist that's for sure and they have some streetwise players but Wycombe are a pretty unoffensive club on and off the pitch.

I haven't mentioned off the pitch, purely talking about on the pitch

Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 16:10 - Jul 7 with 902 viewsDecageBruce

Well at least one of our academy products (Matt Bloomfield) may get some time in the Championship next season.

Has been a very good servant for them and is a top lad to boot
Wycombe - Proper sh*thouse of a club on 21:11 - Jul 7 with 837 viewstractordownsouth

Didn’t see the game - cheating and diving is ridiculous of course. However, I don’t get this “anti-football” stuff. Wycombe probably had a bottom 6 budget, so if they played everyone else at their own game they’d have been relegated, but they were smart, well drilled and found a system that worked. Meanwhile, we had a top 6 squad, a top 6 budget and finished nowhere near. It shows that Gareth Ainsworth did the best with what he had, whilst we pissed away a good opportunity.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024