Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? 13:38 - Jul 7 with 5298 viewsjeera

If this poll is representative anyway:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jul/07/almost-one-in-six-britons-say-woul

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 17:01 - Jul 7 with 731 viewsLibero

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:31 - Jul 7 by trueblue1970

Oh here we go someone who has a different opinion, can’t cope start abusing them calling them names questioning their IQ

What’s wrong with some people you just can’t cope with others who have different opinions

For the record I would have the vaccination always refused the flu jab but this C19 different ball game

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 17:05 - Jul 7 with 714 viewsSpruceMoose

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:59 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

Because most of us have tried reasoning, we tried niceness, we even, god help us, tried facts. So it's generally straight to the piss-taking because life's too short to keep trying to persuade these lamebrains that they're talking sh1t.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 20:32]

It was incredibly obvious from my post the kind of poster I was referring to. If he can't understand that then I don't know what to say other than bless him, life must be a struggle.

Once more for the hard of thinking:

I am referring to posters who refuse to accept facts, educate themselves on a subject, or fail to realise that their feelings do not trump actual evidence. I am talking about the racists, the bigots, the people who believe conspiracy theories

If you are one of these people then I am talking about you, you're a terrible person and you should stop being terrible.

If you're not sure if you're one of these people then there's a high risk that you probably are one of these people, so now that you know - stop being that person.

If you know for a fact that you're NOT one of these people then why have you got your knickers in a twist? We should all be calling these people out so up your game.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 17:08]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 17:11 - Jul 7 with 695 viewsStokieBlue

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:31 - Jul 7 by trueblue1970

Oh here we go someone who has a different opinion, can’t cope start abusing them calling them names questioning their IQ

What’s wrong with some people you just can’t cope with others who have different opinions

For the record I would have the vaccination always refused the flu jab but this C19 different ball game

Not all opinions are equal.

This could almost be cited as the root cause of a lot of what is wrong with the world at the moment. At some point, probably around when social media gave everyone a voice it became accepted by many that their opinion was of equal weight as that of someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

It's totally wrong, shows a massive lack of self-awareness and is the root cause of many arguments.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 17:36 - Jul 7 with 649 viewsSwansea_Blue

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 15:24 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

Like with free speech people need to accept that freedom holds responsibility and consequences, in this case it runs thus 'fine, don't have a jab, that's your right. You won't, however be allowed in these places and you cannot see THESE people in your family'.

Don't start telling people they won't be able to see their families for fecks sake! The opt out rate would shoot up to 80%

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 18:52 - Jul 7 with 607 viewsbluelagos

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:47 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

Fair enough I'm not saying I wouldn't take it but as we know nothing is perfect and invariably has a side effect and I believe everyone should have the choice if they want the vaccine or not and if people don't want it I don't believe it should be enforced.

Also how do you enforced it?

Grab the individual off the street and strap them down and give it? If they don't take it lock them up in a prison with others who didn't take it?

The question of compulsion and/or enforcement is an interesting one.

I'd simply say that anyone who refuses the vaccine and subsequently needs treatment should be billed for the full treatment costs. I'd legislate to make that enforeceable and happily send in the bailiffs and/or repossess their homes if they were unable to pay.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 18:57 - Jul 7 with 606 viewsTrequartista

If it is the Oxford Uni/AstraZenica vaccine that arrives, in the animal phase of the trial it stopped monkeys becoming ill but they all still caught coronavirus, so if this turns out the same in humans, the issue of selfishness won't really apply as it will only be of any use for the person that has the vaccine.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 18:59 - Jul 7 with 595 viewstrueblue1970

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:58 - Jul 7 by SpruceMoose

Ooh I caught one in the wild! Imagine thinking that facts give a damn about stupid opinions.

Knob
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 17:00]

Can’t help yourself can you
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 19:01 - Jul 7 with 581 viewsSpruceMoose

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 18:59 - Jul 7 by trueblue1970

Can’t help yourself can you

Can't read can you?

Have another crack.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? by SpruceMoose 7 Jul 2020 17:05
It was incredibly obvious from my post the kind of poster I was referring to. If he can't understand that then I don't know what to say other than bless him, life must be a struggle.

Once more for the hard of thinking:

I am referring to posters who refuse to accept facts, educate themselves on a subject, or fail to realise that their feelings do not trump actual evidence. I am talking about the racists, the bigots, the people who believe conspiracy theories

If you are one of these people then I am talking about you, you're a terrible person and you should stop being terrible.

If you're not sure if you're one of these people then there's a high risk that you probably are one of these people, so now that you know - stop being that person.

If you know for a fact that you're NOT one of these people then why have you got your knickers in a twist? We should all be calling these people out so up your game.

[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 19:02]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 20:21 - Jul 7 with 532 viewsCrawfordsboot

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:06 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

The human race has survived many pandemic viruses over the last 200,000 years without vaccines the human body has built up immunity naturally against them, it's up to the individual if they want to go down that road or the vaccine one

You idiot.
Smallpox killed more than 300 million and disfigured and ruined the lives of many millions more.
That’s ten times the number lost in the world wars.
Vaccination of your grandparents and parents generation eliminated smallpox. They were vaccinated for their benefit but more importantly for the benefit of all future generations.
There is no personal freedom without personal responsibility.
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:12 - Jul 7 with 489 viewsflimflam

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:22 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

You don't think the vaccine will be tested?

Also vaccinations don't work like Thalidomide.

I personally do not think they will be successful producing a vaccine for covid-19.

May be wrong but they have tried for years if not decades to produce one for the other 6 corona viruses and failed due to the nature of how it attacks the upper respiratory tract.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:15 - Jul 7 with 484 viewsSpruceMoose

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:12 - Jul 7 by flimflam

I personally do not think they will be successful producing a vaccine for covid-19.

May be wrong but they have tried for years if not decades to produce one for the other 6 corona viruses and failed due to the nature of how it attacks the upper respiratory tract.

Not being funny, but a couple of days back you also thought Clinton's poll lead was larger at this point than Biden's, so... Imma need a fact check from someone trustworthy.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:17 - Jul 7 with 476 viewsStokieBlue

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:12 - Jul 7 by flimflam

Whilst it's true that they haven't produced a vaccine for coronaviruses in the past there were only a handful of labs working on it.

Now there are many hundreds, the scale of the research is massive and money is no object. I don't think you can apply historical success and extrapolate given the differences in scale.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:20 - Jul 7 with 470 viewsflimflam

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:15 - Jul 7 by SpruceMoose

Not being funny, but a couple of days back you also thought Clinton's poll lead was larger at this point than Biden's, so... Imma need a fact check from someone trustworthy.

I do stand, Corrected as at this point in the, campaign I. was wrong about her lead but she, was higher at a, "previous" point?

There, I apologised for being, wrong.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 23:38]

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:25 - Jul 7 with 460 viewsSpruceMoose

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:20 - Jul 7 by flimflam

I do stand, Corrected as at this point in the, campaign I. was wrong about her lead but she, was higher at a, "previous" point?

No need to apologise! Just be more careful in future

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:30 - Jul 7 with 457 viewsjeera

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:20 - Jul 7 by flimflam

Wait 'til Factual notices you've missed a comma, then you'll be right in the sh...

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:38 - Jul 7 with 451 viewsflimflam

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:30 - Jul 7 by jeera

Wait 'til Factual notices you've missed a comma, then you'll be right in the sh...

Corrected.

Did someone order a canute? on 23:45 - Jul 7 with 443 viewsDyland

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:06 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

The human race has survived many pandemic viruses over the last 200,000 years without vaccines the human body has built up immunity naturally against them, it's up to the individual if they want to go down that road or the vaccine one

Cos there's one here.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:49 - Jul 7 with 435 viewsjeera

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 23:38 - Jul 7 by flimflam

Corrected.

Well that's certainly changed it a bit!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024