Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? 13:38 - Jul 7 with 5302 viewsjeera

If this poll is representative anyway:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jul/07/almost-one-in-six-britons-say-woul

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:41 - Jul 7 with 1987 viewsBlueBadger

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:36 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

The active ingredient of a vaccine is the denatured, weakened or nature-identical variant of the disease in question. Everything else in it is the suspension to keep it safe. Active ingredient aside, they're pretty uniform in composition and, as we all know as near-perfectly safe as you're going to get.

And, as someone old enough to remember thalidomide you'll also know that that particular scandal forced massive changes in how drugs are manufactured, tested, marketed, sold and have concerns about them reported, so you'll be glad to know that your fatuous concerns are largely a thing of the past.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:41 - Jul 7 with 1983 viewsSpruceMoose

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:34 - Jul 7 by Libero

I don't know what's wrong with me over the last couple of days but I can't let stupid people saying stupid things on here go.

You're talking complete and utter sh1te, dangerous sh1te at that. Stupid, stupid man.

Welcome back to the club. It happens to all right minded people on here eventually.

You start off with good intentions, crafting page long posts patiently explaining the facts of the situation for a certain group of posters who are clearly struggling in the old IQ department, then after months and months of getting "hurdee hurr hurr but muh feelings/opinions" in reply you end up just thinking 'fook it I'm wasting my time here' and end up calling them knobs.

At this point you get jumped on by a different set of posters for not 'listening respectfully' to their 'very serious concerns', and told that you might have more success if you 'just talked nicely and tried to educate them'.

It's a waste of time trying to provide these idiots with information in the hope they might engage their brains - and I'm applying that to both groups of posters I've detailed above.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:44 - Jul 7 with 1978 viewsLibero

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:41 - Jul 7 by SpruceMoose

Welcome back to the club. It happens to all right minded people on here eventually.

You start off with good intentions, crafting page long posts patiently explaining the facts of the situation for a certain group of posters who are clearly struggling in the old IQ department, then after months and months of getting "hurdee hurr hurr but muh feelings/opinions" in reply you end up just thinking 'fook it I'm wasting my time here' and end up calling them knobs.

At this point you get jumped on by a different set of posters for not 'listening respectfully' to their 'very serious concerns', and told that you might have more success if you 'just talked nicely and tried to educate them'.

It's a waste of time trying to provide these idiots with information in the hope they might engage their brains - and I'm applying that to both groups of posters I've detailed above.

I dunno, I still think I'm a way off some of your more zealous efforts but I certainly don't have the f*cking patience to deal with stupid and disingenuous posts.

Keep an eye on me, if it starts getting disproportionately abusive I'll walk away again.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 14:44]
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:44 - Jul 7 with 1980 viewsSpruceMoose

The active ingredient of a vaccine is the denatured, weakened or nature-identical variant of the disease in question. Everything else in it is the suspension to keep it safe. Active ingredient aside, they're pretty uniform in composition and, as we all know as near-perfectly safe as you're going to get.

Yes but Mumsnet says they give you autism and we should respect their feelings on the subject. What do you know after all? You're not a mum with too much time on her hands.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:47 - Jul 7 with 1965 viewsSpruceMoose

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:44 - Jul 7 by Libero

I dunno, I still think I'm a way off some of your more zealous efforts but I certainly don't have the f*cking patience to deal with stupid and disingenuous posts.

Keep an eye on me, if it starts getting disproportionately abusive I'll walk away again.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 14:44]

It's not your fault.

These goons just ruin it for everyone else. The willfully ignorant who take such pride in their ridiculous opinions are a cancer not only on this forum, but on society at large.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:47 - Jul 7 with 1966 viewsBloomBlue

Fair enough I'm not saying I wouldn't take it but as we know nothing is perfect and invariably has a side effect and I believe everyone should have the choice if they want the vaccine or not and if people don't want it I don't believe it should be enforced.

Also how do you enforced it?

Grab the individual off the street and strap them down and give it? If they don't take it lock them up in a prison with others who didn't take it?
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:48 - Jul 7 with 1961 viewsLibero

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:47 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

Fair enough I'm not saying I wouldn't take it but as we know nothing is perfect and invariably has a side effect and I believe everyone should have the choice if they want the vaccine or not and if people don't want it I don't believe it should be enforced.

Grab the individual off the street and strap them down and give it? If they don't take it lock them up in a prison with others who didn't take it?

You are talking such a level of complete and utter total sh1t that I think you're sending me into a coma.
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:50 - Jul 7 with 1954 viewsBlueBadger

'Seven day wonder' like you get if stopped by the law and haven't got your licence on you and fine and a 'this person is a selfish cont, don't go near them' notice in the local papers for not producing, just like boy racers and those without tax, MOT or insurance get.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 14:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:51 - Jul 7 with 1953 viewsSarge

I can’t believe that people would choose to continue ‘living’ as we are currently as opposed to simply being vaccinated.

People want to wear a mask everywhere (which in addition to feeling awful are so antisocial), would prefer to not see their families, to take no joy in daily activities such as shopping, exercise and social activities, walk around looking like a Pripyat liquidator just so you can get a haircut or buy some carrots, to basically exist just to get to the next day. All of that rather than just have a vaccine.

People like to claim this is the new normal, yet another cringey buzzphrase to throw into the never ending and unavoidable borefest of COVID discussion. It’s not normal, there is literally no joy to doing anything anymore so if people want to continue this then really it’s a damning indictment on just how little there is between their ears.

I suppose the only upside is that their actions would only directly affect others who refuse the vaccine although. Indirectly though they’re just another burden on everyone else.
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:52 - Jul 7 with 1954 viewsBlueBadger

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:51 - Jul 7 by Sarge

I can’t believe that people would choose to continue ‘living’ as we are currently as opposed to simply being vaccinated.

People want to wear a mask everywhere (which in addition to feeling awful are so antisocial), would prefer to not see their families, to take no joy in daily activities such as shopping, exercise and social activities, walk around looking like a Pripyat liquidator just so you can get a haircut or buy some carrots, to basically exist just to get to the next day. All of that rather than just have a vaccine.

People like to claim this is the new normal, yet another cringey buzzphrase to throw into the never ending and unavoidable borefest of COVID discussion. It’s not normal, there is literally no joy to doing anything anymore so if people want to continue this then really it’s a damning indictment on just how little there is between their ears.

I suppose the only upside is that their actions would only directly affect others who refuse the vaccine although. Indirectly though they’re just another burden on everyone else.

...and also those who's compromised immune systems might now allow them to have - people undergoing radio or chemotherapy or organ transplant recipients....

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 15:02 - Jul 7 with 1915 viewsDanTheMan

House arrest. You don't get your normal privileges.

Your individual rights do not trump everyone else.

Just imagine if people were like this about Smallpox.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 15:02 - Jul 7 with 1912 viewsDebsyAngel

Well I want a vaccine so I can go and try to live a normal life. Being in 4 walls 95% of the time and having so much I had to look forward to disappearing every day is downright soul destroying.
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 15:12 - Jul 7 with 1887 viewssparks

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 15:02 - Jul 7 by DanTheMan

House arrest. You don't get your normal privileges.

Your individual rights do not trump everyone else.

Just imagine if people were like this about Smallpox.

I think the idea of bodily autonomy is a very difficult line to cross.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 15:19 - Jul 7 with 1871 viewsLibero

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 15:12 - Jul 7 by sparks

I do agree, but I think I'd like to see a little of what we use at work applied...

unless someone proves otherwise then they must be considered capable of making independent decisions, even if those choices are "bad" choices, you must respect their autonomy and enable them to make mistakes.

The only moment you step in is when those choices start to have a profoundly negative effects on the individual and those around them.

Someone refusing to have the vaccine and carrying on like everything is normal would have a profoundly negative effect on people around them and then some.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 15:25]
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 15:24 - Jul 7 with 1870 viewsBlueBadger

Like with free speech people need to accept that freedom holds responsibility and consequences, in this case it runs thus 'fine, don't have a jab, that's your right. You won't, however be allowed in these places and you cannot see THESE people in your family'.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:12 - Jul 7 with 1804 viewsKropotkin123

For the record, I'm pro vaccinations. Those who opt out of our established vaccinations are irresponsible.

But lets not deny that there is legitimate and genuine scientific concern that in the effort to find a vaccine quickly the "red tape" around testing has been cut and it is a risk. Many prospective vaccinations along the way are discarded due to failing important safety steps and to cut corners is concerning.

Our attitude to vaccinations is very reactionary, until the formation of CEPI. For some time it has not been something governments take seriously. Upping their commitment and funding only when the potential big virus comes along, and instantly slashing funding when they realise it isn't.

If we (human civilisation) had continued to invest in vaccines for past coronaviruses, then we would be in a better position in regards to testing now. For example, the one being pushed through testing at Oxford was from a previously stopped coronavirus.

In sum, the lesson is to invest in proactive vaccination research, not reactive. The point is we are now cutting corners and people have the moral right to be concerned in a manner that they don't normally in regards to other vaccinations.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 16:23]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:12 - Jul 7 with 1802 viewsGeoffSentence

If I thought that 5/6ths of the population would definitely take it up, I'd probably give it a miss. Well, until enough time had passed to be sure that it was perfectly safe. That take up number would be enough to ensure herd immunity and I'd be letting someone else test it out for me,

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:16 - Jul 7 with 1799 viewsBlueBadger

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:12 - Jul 7 by GeoffSentence

If I thought that 5/6ths of the population would definitely take it up, I'd probably give it a miss. Well, until enough time had passed to be sure that it was perfectly safe. That take up number would be enough to ensure herd immunity and I'd be letting someone else test it out for me,

It wouldn't be enough to ensure true herd immunity. Herd immunity is defined by the WHO as 'at least 90% coverage'. 5/6 of the population is around 83% of the population. Or, to put it another way, over 11 million people - that's more the populations of London and Greater Manchester combined all strolling around coughing their germs on you.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 16:19]

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:27 - Jul 7 with 1739 viewsDanTheMan

Their body is still theirs. You're just not allowed to go places in it.

Up to you.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:31 - Jul 7 with 1734 viewstrueblue1970

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:41 - Jul 7 by SpruceMoose

Oh here we go someone who has a different opinion, can’t cope start abusing them calling them names questioning their IQ

What’s wrong with some people you just can’t cope with others who have different opinions

For the record I would have the vaccination always refused the flu jab but this C19 different ball game
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:37 - Jul 7 with 1725 viewsBlueBadger

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:31 - Jul 7 by trueblue1970

Oh here we go someone who has a different opinion, can’t cope start abusing them calling them names questioning their IQ

What’s wrong with some people you just can’t cope with others who have different opinions

For the record I would have the vaccination always refused the flu jab but this C19 different ball game

Who had 16:31 on the 'stop bullying people with 'diferent(read:stupid and wilfully ignorant) opinions" sweepstake?

It's not the 'different opinions' that's the problem, it's the persistent, wilful ignorance, coupled to the patronising 'I'm old, I know what I'm talking about' vibe when challenged.

And it's always the same few that do it. What's why they get pelters, it ultimately saves time.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 16:58]

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:55 - Jul 7 with 1675 viewstrueblue1970

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:37 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

Who had 16:31 on the 'stop bullying people with 'diferent(read:stupid and wilfully ignorant) opinions" sweepstake?

It's not the 'different opinions' that's the problem, it's the persistent, wilful ignorance, coupled to the patronising 'I'm old, I know what I'm talking about' vibe when challenged.

And it's always the same few that do it. What's why they get pelters, it ultimately saves time.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 16:58]

Who had 16:37 on the I’m always right brigade jumping in both feet first

It’s not that you are always right, it must be wonderful to be always right, good on you it’s the resorting to questioning people’s IQ or name calling I don’t understand, if those who behave in this manner are so intelligent why resort to name calling?
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:58 - Jul 7 with 1671 viewsSpruceMoose

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:31 - Jul 7 by trueblue1970

Ooh I caught one in the wild! Imagine thinking that facts give a damn about stupid opinions.

Knob
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 17:00]

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:59 - Jul 7 with 1670 viewsBlueBadger

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:55 - Jul 7 by trueblue1970

Who had 16:37 on the I’m always right brigade jumping in both feet first

It’s not that you are always right, it must be wonderful to be always right, good on you it’s the resorting to questioning people’s IQ or name calling I don’t understand, if those who behave in this manner are so intelligent why resort to name calling?

Because most of us have tried reasoning, we tried niceness, we even, god help us, tried facts. So it's generally straight to the piss-taking because life's too short to keep trying to persuade these lamebrains that they're talking sh1t.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 20:32]

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 17:01 - Jul 7 with 1662 viewsN2_Blue

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 16:12 - Jul 7 by Kropotkin123

For the record, I'm pro vaccinations. Those who opt out of our established vaccinations are irresponsible.

But lets not deny that there is legitimate and genuine scientific concern that in the effort to find a vaccine quickly the "red tape" around testing has been cut and it is a risk. Many prospective vaccinations along the way are discarded due to failing important safety steps and to cut corners is concerning.

Our attitude to vaccinations is very reactionary, until the formation of CEPI. For some time it has not been something governments take seriously. Upping their commitment and funding only when the potential big virus comes along, and instantly slashing funding when they realise it isn't.

If we (human civilisation) had continued to invest in vaccines for past coronaviruses, then we would be in a better position in regards to testing now. For example, the one being pushed through testing at Oxford was from a previously stopped coronavirus.

In sum, the lesson is to invest in proactive vaccination research, not reactive. The point is we are now cutting corners and people have the moral right to be concerned in a manner that they don't normally in regards to other vaccinations.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 16:23]

Glad you posted that. I've previously said I won't be rushing up for a C-19 vaccine either, but i'm not anti vacc as few have accused me of.

I personally just have a bit of unease with a vaccine that is going to get pushed through in a year or so when the normal process would take perhaps 5-10 years as the necessary trials etc. How can anyone know if there are potentially any long term side effects, impossible to know.

I have had flu vaccine before and been ill for two days afterwards. I then had a dose of flu 4 months later that left me in bed for a week, probably because it was a different strain to the vaccine so that was pretty pointless

There will be no guarantees with this vaccine in terms of strains and long term effects won't be known for years. If the vacc proves to be a one-stop fix and full immunity than i'll have it, but if it proves to be seasonal and have different strains then I don't think i would unless I had underlying health issues or was deemed more a risk patient then I would have the vaccine for sure.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024