Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonson Clarke-Harris 14:26 - Jul 9 with 6303 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/state-play-regarding-jonson-clarke-

There is delay and uncertainty around Clarke-Harris future, though, because understandably there is further interest out there, most notably from Ipswich Town who Bristol Live understands have begun undertaking background checks on the striker, speaking to former coaches and teammates

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:05 - Jul 9 with 1833 viewsitfcjoe

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:04 - Jul 9 by abracaDOBRA_

Whats up with his professionalism? Was there an incident or is it his usual social media antics Joe?

Just generally what you see of him, no specific incidents that I'm aware of but you get the impression from some people.

Class clown will always get stick when the going gets tough - he's just a bit of a throwback, hopefully he'll see this season upcoming as big chance to kick on and give it his best though

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:07 - Jul 9 with 1818 viewsportmanking

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:04 - Jul 9 by abracaDOBRA_

Whats up with his professionalism? Was there an incident or is it his usual social media antics Joe?

He's certainly a loose cannon from what I've heard - perhaps more so than Lambert figured.

I don't think he's really settled in the area either. Led to believe his relationship has broken up since moving down here etc.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:13 - Jul 9 with 1792 viewsSitfcB

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:07 - Jul 9 by portmanking

He's certainly a loose cannon from what I've heard - perhaps more so than Lambert figured.

I don't think he's really settled in the area either. Led to believe his relationship has broken up since moving down here etc.

Yes, separated from his girlfriend not long after moving down.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:19 - Jul 9 with 1771 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:05 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

Just generally what you see of him, no specific incidents that I'm aware of but you get the impression from some people.

Class clown will always get stick when the going gets tough - he's just a bit of a throwback, hopefully he'll see this season upcoming as big chance to kick on and give it his best though

yeah I get what you mean. Either like him or don't kinda guy. Personally think he's great.Would love for him to smash it next season. Injury free so hopefully will kick on.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:21 - Jul 9 with 1762 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I don't think you can question his professionalism, the man spent half the season playing through pain barriers with medicine and injections, he clearly wants to do everything he can to be on that pitch.

He is a throwback, but its refreshing to see he isn't your typical censored footballer in the modern era.

He took a lot of stick last year, wrongfully so imo. Hopefully we see the best of him next year.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 15:22]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:25 - Jul 9 with 1738 viewsitfcjoe

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:19 - Jul 9 by abracaDOBRA_

yeah I get what you mean. Either like him or don't kinda guy. Personally think he's great.Would love for him to smash it next season. Injury free so hopefully will kick on.

Me too, thought he looks a good signing and has played through pain to the detriment of himself and how he is now viewed as not a successful signing.

A lot to prove next year, but personally would be sticking with him rather than twisting

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:42 - Jul 9 with 1678 viewsdavblue

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 14:42 - Jul 9 by clive_baker

I wouldn't rule that out TBH. I don't have any def info, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is off. I'm not sure who, at this time especially, would be willing to take a punt on him though given he's probably on a decent wage and for the most part last season he looked out of shape and unfit. He's a goalscorer, but he doesn't strike me as the most professional athlete we've ever had. Maybe a Coventry, someone like that might have a punt on him on a free.

Fleetwood might.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:47 - Jul 9 with 1676 viewsdavblue

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:25 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

Me too, thought he looks a good signing and has played through pain to the detriment of himself and how he is now viewed as not a successful signing.

A lot to prove next year, but personally would be sticking with him rather than twisting

and they need to play him in a way that suits him, not pumping it up to him to hold it up and try a win headers, that's not his game. Getting in behind is, harrying defenders.

Trouble is with Jackson he limits how you can play in a 2 as he's one dimensional. They need to either stick him out wide right or sell him, i would prefer number 2 if they can get the lad from Bristol Rovers, he's a decent player at this level. We don't want to hold back Lancaster if we can risky as he still has to prove himself.
Login to get fewer ads

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:51 - Jul 9 with 1662 viewsHerbivore

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:47 - Jul 9 by davblue

and they need to play him in a way that suits him, not pumping it up to him to hold it up and try a win headers, that's not his game. Getting in behind is, harrying defenders.

Trouble is with Jackson he limits how you can play in a 2 as he's one dimensional. They need to either stick him out wide right or sell him, i would prefer number 2 if they can get the lad from Bristol Rovers, he's a decent player at this level. We don't want to hold back Lancaster if we can risky as he still has to prove himself.

I'd much rather hold on to Jackson than Norwood.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:03 - Jul 9 with 1625 viewsdavblue

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:51 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

I'd much rather hold on to Jackson than Norwood.

i wouldn't personally, i think Norwood has more to his game than Jackson.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:14 - Jul 9 with 1602 viewsCokeIsKey

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:03 - Jul 9 by davblue

How so? Jackson is 3 Years younger than him, much quicker than him, gets injured less, has a better attitude than him, and has assisted about 7 goals more than him this season.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:15 - Jul 9 with 1587 viewsHerbivore

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:03 - Jul 9 by davblue

Just don't see it. Jackson for me is more versatile in that you can play him up top or as a wide forward. He can beat a player and he sets up goals as well as scoring them. Norwood is really a penalty box player.

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:33 - Jul 9 with 1527 viewsCoco

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:15 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

Just don't see it. Jackson for me is more versatile in that you can play him up top or as a wide forward. He can beat a player and he sets up goals as well as scoring them. Norwood is really a penalty box player.

Can almost spell Ellis Harrison in his name.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:36 - Jul 9 with 1529 viewsWarkystache

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:15 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

We need:

A box-to box midfielder who can tackle and pass if Downes or Skuse go.

A better and more consistent playmaker than Judge.

An inspirational leader on the pitch (Chambers for me makes too many mistakes)

A dependable, no-nonsense central defender for Nsiala

A better right winger.

A new goalie (better than Norris, Holy's a number two for me)

Someone up front who isn't always injured and is happy in reserve if we keep Norwood and Jackson

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:47 - Jul 9 with 1504 viewsHerbivore

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:36 - Jul 9 by Warkystache

We need:

A better right winger.

Someone up front who isn't always injured and is happy in reserve if we keep Norwood and Jackson

To be honest I think we need a LB and a CB for cover/competition and a forward with a bit of presence and that will do me. We've got loads of options in CM and just need to stick to using and rotating the best of them.

I think we need to go with more of a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 to make best use of the players we have. The likes of Dobra, Lankester and El Miz give us options in that kind of system and we need to see more of them next season. Morris too actually as I believe he can play as a wide forward. Jackson would also be a threat on the right in either of those systems, he's really effective in that channel.

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:58 - Jul 9 with 1480 viewsdavblue

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:14 - Jul 9 by CokeIsKey

How so? Jackson is 3 Years younger than him, much quicker than him, gets injured less, has a better attitude than him, and has assisted about 7 goals more than him this season.

Has the touch of a trampoline, can’t play up front by himself, can’t play with his back to goal, holding it up. Means you limit the way you play as he’s one dimensional.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:59 - Jul 9 with 1481 viewsChiefXL

I'm sorry you've said there appears to be an issue with his professionalism but then not said why when asked.

Are we gaslighting our own players now?
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 17:00 - Jul 9 with 1471 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:47 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

To be honest I think we need a LB and a CB for cover/competition and a forward with a bit of presence and that will do me. We've got loads of options in CM and just need to stick to using and rotating the best of them.

I think we need to go with more of a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 to make best use of the players we have. The likes of Dobra, Lankester and El Miz give us options in that kind of system and we need to see more of them next season. Morris too actually as I believe he can play as a wide forward. Jackson would also be a threat on the right in either of those systems, he's really effective in that channel.

I don’t think LB will be on his priority list. Think he try and go with Nydam/Kenlock/Clements

CB/ST I think.

Need a partner for Woolfenden.

Need a 3rd senior striker no doubt.

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 17:01 - Jul 9 with 1471 viewsHerbivore

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:58 - Jul 9 by davblue

Has the touch of a trampoline, can’t play up front by himself, can’t play with his back to goal, holding it up. Means you limit the way you play as he’s one dimensional.

A lot of that applies to Norwood to an extent as well. I think Jackson, for all his limitations, has bigger upsides than Norwood.

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 17:25 - Jul 9 with 1425 viewsclive_baker

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:36 - Jul 9 by Warkystache

We need:

A better right winger.

We need more of a presence up front for me, and I agree we certainly need some leadership. We've got 2 if we're being generous, in Chambers and Downes. I want 2 or 3 more. Perhaps an experienced left back, someone who has been around the block a little but is strong defensively and technically. A Kevin Foley type, but left sided. An experienced keeper to deputise for Holy, and a striker who has some balls, bullies defenders and leads by example. A Joe Garner. A bit of a w@nker. I don't dislike the Will Keane's or Cole Skuse's of this world, but we're far too nice and naive for League 1 when you've got a squad full of them.

I want to see more energy and bigger boll0cks. I don't think we're lacking in terms of ability or technically speaking, particularly when you look at some of the young talent, I just think we were so lethargic and uninspiring last season. That's why Lambert comes in for so much stick because it all felt so avoidable. Previous seasons smacked of a lack of investment and, ultimately, quality for the 2nd tier. We didn't lose to on the regular to the Norwich's or Middlesbrough's under MM through any lack of effort or desire, we ultimately fell short on quality. I sympathised with Lambert in the Championship, being afforded Quaner and Elder as our January saviours was always a tough ask.

But there was no excuse last season. He had the tools at his disposal and broadly speaking had the quality. It was all just terribly mismanaged and he never addressed the very few problem areas, never got a tune out of most of them and never seemed like we were looking beyond the end of our noses.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 17:26]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 18:10 - Jul 9 with 1345 viewstextbackup

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 14:30 - Jul 9 by Kieran_Knows

Also mentions we're targeting him as Norwood may be on the move.

He is very limited I must say. Wasn’t hugely impressed with him last season.
The amount of wasted chances, in particular that indirect freekick at Sunderland....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 18:22 - Jul 9 with 1335 viewsPhilTWTD

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 14:36 - Jul 9 by TheTrueBlue1878

That article later goes on to say:

"but with James Norwood potentially on the move, they could soon be urgently in need of a central goalscoring frontman."

That's news, unless they know something Phil doesn't.

I don't think they do. Would be a surprise if he moved on. Clarke-Harris would surprise me as well.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 18:32 - Jul 9 with 1318 viewsmonty_radio

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 18:22 - Jul 9 by PhilTWTD

I don't think they do. Would be a surprise if he moved on. Clarke-Harris would surprise me as well.

In saying that I guess you're talking about his potential fee. Where else might we look for a cheaper alternative (although probably be definition then, a bit more of a punt)?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 18:32]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 18:44 - Jul 9 with 1293 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 18:22 - Jul 9 by PhilTWTD

Would be a surprise too. Never be too sure when a rumour like this appears when the player is ironically negotiating a contract extension.

Given the financial implications of Covid, surely the club won't be making huge moves in the transfer market, surely going to be an incredibly quiet one even by our standards.

I can't see any more than a CB.

As for Strikers, I think likely will lean towards Simpson/Morris as options down the pecking order rather than recruit.

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 19:08 - Jul 9 with 1264 viewsKeaneish

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 15:25 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

Agreed. Thought he did OK last season if not spectacular. An injury at the wrong time didn’t help but our squad needs leaders as the game does characters so I hope he’s staying. His finishing definitely could do with a sharpen but i like watching the rest of his game.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024