Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This will upset some.... 10:57 - Jul 16 with 18988 viewsHerbivore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53427197

Clearly the right decision for me though, and if she has committed crimes she should be tried under UK law when she returns.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This will upset some.... on 14:15 - Jul 16 with 908 viewsSouthBucksBlue

This will upset some.... on 13:52 - Jul 16 by jeera

Why is this so hard?

You want to live in a safe country at the expense of another innocent person who also wants to live in a safe country, namely their own.

She's not some poor Syrian's problem.

This is really, really straight forward.

Innocent person?
As I understand it she has expressed no remorse for her association with ISIS.
This will upset some.... on 14:16 - Jul 16 with 904 viewsjeera

This will upset some.... on 14:09 - Jul 16 by hampstead_blue

What is your point?

She is guilty and bang to rights. Sorry, but I've been toe to toe with terrorists and can tell you they deserve nothing. Cowards who hide behind the law when they get their backsides handed to them.

If they, like us, fought under International Law then they could rightfully ask to be treated under the Geneva Convention. However, they are cowards and the most vile murderers.

She gave sucker to those carrying out crimes against humanity. She is equally culpable as those who murdered women and children.

Why do you have such difficulty understanding such basic things?

Have you read a single word man?

And stop using every thread to big yourself up. We know you were in the forces, you tell everyone at every opportunity.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This will upset some.... on 14:16 - Jul 16 with 903 viewsDanTheMan

This will upset some.... on 14:15 - Jul 16 by SouthBucksBlue

Innocent person?

He means a Syrian citizen.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This will upset some.... on 14:17 - Jul 16 with 896 viewsjeera

Innocent person?

For christ's sake.

I give up.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This will upset some.... on 14:19 - Jul 16 with 891 viewsm14_blue

Innocent person?

This will upset some.... on 14:19 - Jul 16 with 886 viewsSpruceMoose

This will upset some.... on 14:17 - Jul 16 by jeera

For christ's sake.

I give up.

It's just too much for some people. They read 'girl' 'Syria' and 'ISIS' and seemingly lose their ability to both read and reason.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This will upset some.... on 14:22 - Jul 16 with 881 viewsm14_blue

This will upset some.... on 14:19 - Jul 16 by SpruceMoose

It's just too much for some people. They read 'girl' 'Syria' and 'ISIS' and seemingly lose their ability to both read and reason.

Everything is so black and white isn't it?

If you believe that we should obey international law you must be some sort of terrorist sympathiser or a naive libtard who has no idea of how bad IS actually are.
This will upset some.... on 14:26 - Jul 16 with 869 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This will upset some.... on 14:16 - Jul 16 by jeera

And stop using every thread to big yourself up. We know you were in the forces, you tell everyone at every opportunity.

Why so bitter? You had to make a personal comment because you disagree with him?
Login to get fewer ads

This will upset some.... on 14:30 - Jul 16 with 855 viewsSpruceMoose

This will upset some.... on 14:26 - Jul 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Why so bitter? You had to make a personal comment because you disagree with him?

Frustrating to deal with people who won't even read what has been written and instead come flouncing in with some unrelated comment. Care enough to get all worked up, but don't care enough to actually do any reading

It's a common curse on here. Perhaps you could give us some insight into why people might do that?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This will upset some.... on 14:34 - Jul 16 with 851 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This will upset some.... on 14:30 - Jul 16 by SpruceMoose

Frustrating to deal with people who won't even read what has been written and instead come flouncing in with some unrelated comment. Care enough to get all worked up, but don't care enough to actually do any reading

It's a common curse on here. Perhaps you could give us some insight into why people might do that?

I don't believe I am worked up. Life is too short to argue on an internet forum. Just thought that comment was a bit out of order.

Have a good one.
This will upset some.... on 14:35 - Jul 16 with 842 viewsSpruceMoose

This will upset some.... on 14:34 - Jul 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I don't believe I am worked up. Life is too short to argue on an internet forum. Just thought that comment was a bit out of order.

Have a good one.

Not you, the poster who replied to Jeera. Oh for posters who read...

This will upset some.... on 14:45 - Jul 16 with 824 viewsSouthBucksBlue

This will upset some.... on 13:52 - Jul 16 by Herbivore

She has never lived in Bangladesh, her mother is from there but the Bangladeshi authorities were clear that she would not be eligible for citizenship there. You cannot make someone stateless. She is a UK citizen and the UK's responsibility. There need to be repercussions for her of course, but we also need to ask ourselves some searching questions about why a 15 year old girl who was born here felt so little sense of belonging that she chose to go a live in war torn Syria to do little more than bear children.

I wasn't aware that Bangladesh had that stance but even if they have I would have thought it unlikely that the UK would proffer eligibility to Bangladesh citizenship if there was no basis to that claim whatsoever (although with the current level of government competency it would be no surprise). Could the the Bangladesh stance not be appealed against by her?

In my opinion, a 20 year who effectively renounced the UK (albeit at an early age) to aid and abet terrorism against the UK and who is still not renouncing the organisation she affiliated with has no moral claim to come back to the country she effectively betrayed.

Yes the lack of belonging, the disenfranchisement and marginalisation of large swathes of our society in England in particular is a huge issue (and another conversation) but she did not go to Syria just to have children. She went to support terrorism some of which was/is against her own fellow citizens.
This will upset some.... on 14:47 - Jul 16 with 826 viewsBlueBadger

This will upset some.... on 12:55 - Jul 16 by Herbivore

Indeed. Think Joe has jumped the shark on this one.

Bit of an odd one from Joe, I read that and had to check it wasn't JoeyJoe rather than the sensible Joe.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This will upset some.... on 14:51 - Jul 16 with 797 viewsHerbivore

This will upset some.... on 14:45 - Jul 16 by SouthBucksBlue

I wasn't aware that Bangladesh had that stance but even if they have I would have thought it unlikely that the UK would proffer eligibility to Bangladesh citizenship if there was no basis to that claim whatsoever (although with the current level of government competency it would be no surprise). Could the the Bangladesh stance not be appealed against by her?

In my opinion, a 20 year who effectively renounced the UK (albeit at an early age) to aid and abet terrorism against the UK and who is still not renouncing the organisation she affiliated with has no moral claim to come back to the country she effectively betrayed.

Yes the lack of belonging, the disenfranchisement and marginalisation of large swathes of our society in England in particular is a huge issue (and another conversation) but she did not go to Syria just to have children. She went to support terrorism some of which was/is against her own fellow citizens.

Then she should be tried for whichever offence she has committed as a UK citizen in a UK court.

This will upset some.... on 14:54 - Jul 16 with 787 viewshampstead_blue

This will upset some.... on 14:30 - Jul 16 by SpruceMoose

I am aware of the OP. The thread was veered slightly off topic by a defence of the woman.

My point is that she and her like are enemies of the state. If the UK can remove her passport then we should. If she has to be returned then my other point has been made.

Herbi implied she'd done nowt wrong! Hence my utter frustration.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This will upset some.... on 14:54 - Jul 16 with 789 viewsjonbull88

She must be tried for what she’s done, however the issue I have in convicting radicalised people and housing them in jails is it gives them time to radicalise others. So for me a very lengthy sentence is needed, preferably with as little contact with others for a long time, the same should be done for anyone else convicted of terrorism or for supporting terrorism.

No matter her age when she went, she made the decision, got there and lived that life, and I’ve hardly seen here throw herself to the ground to beg forgiveness.
This will upset some.... on 14:59 - Jul 16 with 770 viewsHerbivore

This will upset some.... on 14:54 - Jul 16 by hampstead_blue

I am aware of the OP. The thread was veered slightly off topic by a defence of the woman.

My point is that she and her like are enemies of the state. If the UK can remove her passport then we should. If she has to be returned then my other point has been made.

When did I imply she'd done nothing wrong? I think you're seeing something that's not there as usual.

This will upset some.... on 15:00 - Jul 16 with 763 viewsSpruceMoose

I don't think you have anything of worth to contribute here if you are unwilling to address basic facts alongside what people have actually posted. Instead you seem to prefer to inhabit some fantasy G.I Joe world of taking down the brown bad guys, shooting from the hip and asking questions later.

UK citizen. UK problem to resolve from with the UK. Everything else is just static.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 15:01]

This will upset some.... on 15:17 - Jul 16 with 733 viewsGlasgowBlue

This will upset some.... on 14:16 - Jul 16 by jeera

I disagree with Hampstead on this issue but I didn't take his reference to his personal experience as "bigging" himself up.

More that he takes this issue very personally, as he has been on the receiving end of cowardly terrorist attacks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This will upset some.... on 15:19 - Jul 16 with 727 viewsGlasgowBlue

Herbie didn't imply she had done nowt wrong. Just that she is a UK subject who should be returned to the UK to face the UK justice system.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This will upset some.... on 15:22 - Jul 16 with 719 viewsEwan_Oozami

This will upset some.... on 14:54 - Jul 16 by jonbull88

She must be tried for what she’s done, however the issue I have in convicting radicalised people and housing them in jails is it gives them time to radicalise others. So for me a very lengthy sentence is needed, preferably with as little contact with others for a long time, the same should be done for anyone else convicted of terrorism or for supporting terrorism.

No matter her age when she went, she made the decision, got there and lived that life, and I’ve hardly seen here throw herself to the ground to beg forgiveness.

She has to be deradicalised first - from what I have read she's a vulnerable, naive girl who has been/is being used by all the adults who come into contact with her - yes, she should be punished for her behaviour, but to not give her a chance of redemption is not the mark of a civilised society in my opinion - there are far more genuinely evil people walking the streets of the UK than Shamina Begum - people make it sound like she was directing all terror activities in the West....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

This will upset some.... on 15:29 - Jul 16 with 692 viewsSouthBucksBlue

This will upset some.... on 14:17 - Jul 16 by jeera

For christ's sake.

I give up.

Okay sorry. I misunderstood your point. I don't agree with it though.
This will upset some.... on 15:30 - Jul 16 with 688 viewsSouthBucksBlue

This will upset some.... on 14:16 - Jul 16 by DanTheMan

He means a Syrian citizen.

Yes. Understood now.
This will upset some.... on 15:37 - Jul 16 with 672 viewsgordon

This will upset some.... on 15:22 - Jul 16 by Ewan_Oozami

She has to be deradicalised first - from what I have read she's a vulnerable, naive girl who has been/is being used by all the adults who come into contact with her - yes, she should be punished for her behaviour, but to not give her a chance of redemption is not the mark of a civilised society in my opinion - there are far more genuinely evil people walking the streets of the UK than Shamina Begum - people make it sound like she was directing all terror activities in the West....

Yes, the hysteria around Shamima Begum is absurd. She was radicalised as a child - its the people doing the radicalising who are the problem, not the victims. A society that was confident in it's values would bring her back, de-radicalise her and try and reintegrate her into society.
This will upset some.... on 15:41 - Jul 16 with 663 viewsjonbull88

This will upset some.... on 15:22 - Jul 16 by Ewan_Oozami

First part of her redemption for me is beg for forgiveness and admit her mistakes. She has done nothing but tell people she watched people die as if it was normal life. My opinion of what really should happen to these sorts of people haven’t been allowed in the uk for a very long time. My view on her is my own and I understand others don’t share the view which I appreciate, but for me she is an Isis supporter and a supporter of terrorism and shouldn’t be allowed to ever walk the streets of the uk again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024