Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich not hanging around 09:06 - Jul 28 with 8582 viewsPinewoodblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53562092

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Norwich not hanging around on 15:02 - Jul 28 with 2937 viewsRegencyBlue

Norwich not hanging around on 13:45 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

They don't have any money, they struggle to speculate when they go up because if they need someone to stump up even £5m the following season there isn't anyone with deep enough pockets to do so.

They obviously could have tried harder than they did, but with out a rich owner it is hard to give out the contracts required to attract people, so they just go back to what worked. Webber has got away without much criticism for the business he did do last summer, and Farke seemingly for doing a really poor job this season.

I think those expecting them to bounce back straight away may be in for a shock, teams don't lose 10 games on the bounce, scoring 1 goal in the process, and then just flip it round after relegation. There will be scars from this season, a loss of faith in the manager. They are a team that didn't recoup 1 point from a losing position all season

I think Farke was found out big style in the Premiership and they would be stupid not to replace him.

As for the rest of it, as I've said elsewhere on this thread, whatever the limitations of their ambitions and performances are, their plans have worked a hell of a lot better over the last thirteen years than anything Evans has come up with!
Norwich not hanging around on 15:04 - Jul 28 with 2925 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich not hanging around on 15:02 - Jul 28 by RegencyBlue

I think Farke was found out big style in the Premiership and they would be stupid not to replace him.

As for the rest of it, as I've said elsewhere on this thread, whatever the limitations of their ambitions and performances are, their plans have worked a hell of a lot better over the last thirteen years than anything Evans has come up with!

Replace Farke?!

bonkers.

We had no right or expectation to go up in the first place - it was a footballing miracle!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Norwich not hanging around on 15:09 - Jul 28 with 2920 viewsPhilTWTD

They don't have any money, they struggle to speculate when they go up because if they need someone to stump up even £5m the following season there isn't anyone with deep enough pockets to do so.

They obviously could have tried harder than they did, but with out a rich owner it is hard to give out the contracts required to attract people, so they just go back to what worked. Webber has got away without much criticism for the business he did do last summer, and Farke seemingly for doing a really poor job this season.

I think those expecting them to bounce back straight away may be in for a shock, teams don't lose 10 games on the bounce, scoring 1 goal in the process, and then just flip it round after relegation. There will be scars from this season, a loss of faith in the manager. They are a team that didn't recoup 1 point from a losing position all season

Agree, worth noting that they were further away from safety than we were a year ago (albeit a division higher, obviously) and I think it was clear that the relegation season had an impact when things started to get tough in 2019/20.

While they're not the richest by any stretch, they still had some scope to strengthen and that was a big failing, as I think Stuart Webber has admitted latterly. I think they overestimated the strength of the squad that went up.
Norwich not hanging around on 15:14 - Jul 28 with 2907 viewsitfcjoe

Norwich not hanging around on 15:09 - Jul 28 by PhilTWTD

Agree, worth noting that they were further away from safety than we were a year ago (albeit a division higher, obviously) and I think it was clear that the relegation season had an impact when things started to get tough in 2019/20.

While they're not the richest by any stretch, they still had some scope to strengthen and that was a big failing, as I think Stuart Webber has admitted latterly. I think they overestimated the strength of the squad that went up.

I think some underestimate just how bad they have been this year, it's their lowest ever point total in any division including when it was 2 points for a win, something liek the 5th or 6th worst ever performance from a PL team in the 28 years of the competition by nearly any measure.

No matter how good a job Farke did last year, some fans will have lost faith in him and when you watch them play it isn't hard to understand why.

I think in addition to your last point, they also thought they could showcase their talents of and sell for big money, I just don't see it now when you see what they want for Godfrey, who is going to pay that?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwich not hanging around on 15:21 - Jul 28 with 2885 viewsRegencyBlue

Norwich not hanging around on 15:04 - Jul 28 by giant_stow

Replace Farke?!

bonkers.

We had no right or expectation to go up in the first place - it was a footballing miracle!

Obviously that's your choice but he seems tactically naïve to an outsider looking in. If you're looking to get straight back up I don't think he's your man though.

Actually thinking about it more, hang on to him!
Norwich not hanging around on 15:23 - Jul 28 with 2881 viewsPhilTWTD

Norwich not hanging around on 15:14 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

I think some underestimate just how bad they have been this year, it's their lowest ever point total in any division including when it was 2 points for a win, something liek the 5th or 6th worst ever performance from a PL team in the 28 years of the competition by nearly any measure.

No matter how good a job Farke did last year, some fans will have lost faith in him and when you watch them play it isn't hard to understand why.

I think in addition to your last point, they also thought they could showcase their talents of and sell for big money, I just don't see it now when you see what they want for Godfrey, who is going to pay that?

Indeed, they've not been competitive this season which ought to lead to worries about next season regardless of the gap between the Premier League and Championship, particularly when you look at how a number of relegated sides have struggled over the last few seasons, Stoke, Huddersfield, Swansea off the top of my head.

Huge contrast with Sheffield United, of course, who were as good a side as I've seen in the Championship last season even if they finished second, and successfully improved their squad without splashing out vast sums.

Agree, I don't think the fees being talked about are realistic.
Norwich not hanging around on 21:36 - Jul 28 with 2763 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Norwich also signed Przemyslaw Placheta from Polish side Slask Wroclaw last week. The best winger in the Polish top division by all accounts.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Norwich not hanging around on 22:04 - Jul 28 with 2744 viewsghostofescobar

in the Prem for very long.

GhostOfEscobar

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich not hanging around on 06:52 - Jul 29 with 2674 viewsArnieM

ncfc building for the Championship, but didn’t nothing to to try and stay in the so called premier league let alone try and compete in it . Snacks of total lack of ambition to me ! A 5th relegation ( a record) and rarely ever managing being above the bottom three when they are in the division.
poor participants , yo- yo ing on the back of Sky money (£400+m in the last five years ). Take the money and run. So would say “ they’re well run”. Banking freebie Sky money Doesn’t make them
“ well run”. They lack true ambition. And got lucky with their promotion. Still, whatever lights your cigar.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwich not hanging around on 08:21 - Jul 29 with 2628 viewsFreddy

Wont they get £40m parachute payment this season plus if they sell a 2/3 of their kids that could double that?
Norwich not hanging around on 08:36 - Jul 29 with 2624 viewsArnieM

Itfcjoe: Im a bit confused by your comment that narwich don’t have any money. How can a vlub that has recurved something in the region of £400m over the last five years due to promotions plus parachute money . They buy cheaper foreign imports and have several of their academy players in the team . How, can they not have money ? Thanks for your time with my question .

Norwich not hanging around on 08:58 - Jul 29 with 2600 viewspointofblue

Norwich not hanging around on 06:52 - Jul 29 by ArnieM

ncfc building for the Championship, but didn’t nothing to to try and stay in the so called premier league let alone try and compete in it . Snacks of total lack of ambition to me ! A 5th relegation ( a record) and rarely ever managing being above the bottom three when they are in the division.
poor participants , yo- yo ing on the back of Sky money (£400+m in the last five years ). Take the money and run. So would say “ they’re well run”. Banking freebie Sky money Doesn’t make them
“ well run”. They lack true ambition. And got lucky with their promotion. Still, whatever lights your cigar.

As much as I hate to say, even if Norwich lack ambition I dread to think how their ambition compares to ours, especially from January 2015 onwards.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Norwich not hanging around on 13:15 - Jul 29 with 2531 viewsArnieM

Norwich not hanging around on 08:58 - Jul 29 by pointofblue

As much as I hate to say, even if Norwich lack ambition I dread to think how their ambition compares to ours, especially from January 2015 onwards.

Well yes true but our Club hadn’t had in excess of £409m over Last 5 years

Norwich not hanging around on 13:35 - Jul 29 with 2515 viewsclive_baker

I find that very difficult to believe, given the riches in the Premier League. They've said themselves they're on course to post 'substantial operating profit' for the year that just ended. I would wager, with some assumptions around the cost of their playing squad, that it's somewhere north of £50m profit.

I'm not suggesting they write cheques for £20m for players, but it was pretty evident that they were short on quality, particularly defensively and overly reliant on the kids. I think they got the balance wrong between the longer term outlook and blooding the kids, but giving them enough help in the form of some shorter term experienced heads. It's easy in hindsight of course, but when you look at the likes of Jagielka and Cahill joining rival sides on free transfers last summer they really got left behind. Not suggesting either would've gone to Norwich, Jagielka is obviously ex Sheff Utd so that was an easier sell but it was a few of that ilk that they lacked IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Norwich not hanging around on 19:47 - Jul 29 with 2422 viewsitfcjoe

Norwich not hanging around on 13:35 - Jul 29 by clive_baker

I find that very difficult to believe, given the riches in the Premier League. They've said themselves they're on course to post 'substantial operating profit' for the year that just ended. I would wager, with some assumptions around the cost of their playing squad, that it's somewhere north of £50m profit.

I'm not suggesting they write cheques for £20m for players, but it was pretty evident that they were short on quality, particularly defensively and overly reliant on the kids. I think they got the balance wrong between the longer term outlook and blooding the kids, but giving them enough help in the form of some shorter term experienced heads. It's easy in hindsight of course, but when you look at the likes of Jagielka and Cahill joining rival sides on free transfers last summer they really got left behind. Not suggesting either would've gone to Norwich, Jagielka is obviously ex Sheff Utd so that was an easier sell but it was a few of that ilk that they lacked IMO.

But then last year they made an operating loss of £38m, they don't have someone to plug the gap between the two seasons, or if something were to go wrong.

I think their only options were the loan deals, or one year contracts to veterans to help out but probably not seen as a good investment long term but that can be counterproductive.

Ultimately this year they got their recruitment wrong in every way - went a bit cheap, and those they did get (who would still have been 7 figure investments in fees and wages) on loan didn't work out at all. Duda, Roberts, Amadou and the German keeper on loan and none made any real contribution and think they all went back early, bar Duda. Think the loan fee for the keeper was well over €3m.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwich not hanging around on 11:53 - Jul 30 with 2280 viewshaynes_toe1

Norwich not hanging around on 19:47 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

But then last year they made an operating loss of £38m, they don't have someone to plug the gap between the two seasons, or if something were to go wrong.

I think their only options were the loan deals, or one year contracts to veterans to help out but probably not seen as a good investment long term but that can be counterproductive.

Ultimately this year they got their recruitment wrong in every way - went a bit cheap, and those they did get (who would still have been 7 figure investments in fees and wages) on loan didn't work out at all. Duda, Roberts, Amadou and the German keeper on loan and none made any real contribution and think they all went back early, bar Duda. Think the loan fee for the keeper was well over €3m.

Last year they had no money you're correct. Wasn't selling Maddison key to them not having to offload lots of players? They were suffering for trying to keep the team that got relegated under Alex Neil and thus having a ridiculous wage bill for the champs.

Right now though they do have money, they had the smallest Premier League wage bill by a considerable margin and apparently all players have the standard relegation % decrease - hence you expect the likes of Aarons and Cantwell to move on (for £20m + fees each probably).

They've just signed that Dowell who was on loan at Wigan. Thought he looked good a couple years back for forest, playing number 10 at 19 years old at champs level. Scored 5 and got 2 assists in 12 starts for Wigan this season
Norwich not hanging around on 16:37 - Jul 30 with 2149 viewsElephantintheRoom

Huddersfield were in a similar position a year ago.

The wheels cam off their 'German model' and the same could happen to Norwich

Time will tell.... but Farke could be gone by Xmas

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024