Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2020 getting worse part 816373 19:01 - Aug 26 with 6476 viewsAce_High1

Sky sacking Le Tissier, Thompson and Nicholas from Soccer Saturday.

Maybe one last job for big Mick!!
2020 getting worse part 816373 on 23:12 - Aug 26 with 3221 viewsScuzzer

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 19:08 - Aug 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

All depends on who they get in.

Well I can guess.
People to reflect the current media narrative.

Established 1968

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 23:46 - Aug 26 with 3188 viewstractordownsouth

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 20:33 - Aug 26 by Mullet

Ian Wright has had his say

So those who claim to hate snowflakes and cancel culture are cancelling their Sky subscriptions because they heard on Twitter that they might put a black pundit on Soccer Saturday?

Couldn't make it up

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 23:51 - Aug 26 with 3187 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 23:46 - Aug 26 by tractordownsouth

So those who claim to hate snowflakes and cancel culture are cancelling their Sky subscriptions because they heard on Twitter that they might put a black pundit on Soccer Saturday?

Couldn't make it up

That's Twitter for you, one big circular flow of outrage.

There's the idiots that you've mentioned, and then everyone gets outraged by those idiots. That in turn gives the idiots more oxygen.

Twitter is a sh1tty, poisonous place, why people go on there an wind themselves up is beyond me.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 23:54 - Aug 26 with 3186 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 19:45 - Aug 26 by Basuco

I hope they do not get the useless Laura Wood on in place of them, she really is hopeless.

I like Laura Woods, comes across well on TS.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 00:18 - Aug 27 with 3182 viewsBluearmy71

Haven't watched Sky sports since I cancelled my sky subscription around 5 years ago!

They should poach Georgie Bingham, Darren Bent & Mat Holland from Talksport, nothing to do with which sex someone is or the colour of their skin, everything to do with Town :)
2020 getting worse part 816373 on 07:18 - Aug 27 with 3109 viewsBryanPlug

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 00:18 - Aug 27 by Bluearmy71

Haven't watched Sky sports since I cancelled my sky subscription around 5 years ago!

They should poach Georgie Bingham, Darren Bent & Mat Holland from Talksport, nothing to do with which sex someone is or the colour of their skin, everything to do with Town :)

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 09:16 - Aug 27 with 3035 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What I find absolutely hilarious is that people that are so upset by this because they assume it's a box ticking exercise, clearly think that four male middle aged men who last played football in the 90's are what still constitutes the very best in terms of punditry, knowledge and entertainment.

Leaving aside the fact that some people seem to have got their knickers in a twist that one of the panel could be black, or even more disturbing a woman - after all who has ever seen a black footballer or female footballer right - even a change to incorporate a couple of 40 something white males who have recently retired or managed recently might be seen as making the show far more relevant.

People getting offended by 'box ticking' should be offended by people not box ticking. Football is a global game, there are MILLIONS of women in this country who travel up and down the country watching their team and never missing a game and 30% of the players in the top couple of divisions are black.

If you are having four pundits and looking at the best possible candidates to talk about football then one, two, maybe even three of them WILL be black. Get over it.

I can appreciate that people will argue that any woman on the panel hasn't played at the highest level of mens football, but how does that make them less able to give an opinion? We all manage to do it despite having not played at the top of the mens game either.

Ultimately Sky will want to attract more women viewers. It is a business. Like anyone else they want to make money and you do that by appealing to the highest possible number of people, which includes women and minorities and that's only a fair representation of what football is nowadays.

Look around Portman Road over the last 5 years and there are thousands of women, children, teenager and young adults. Football is no longer an all mens club and punditry shouldn't simply be middle aged white men that haven't kicked a competitive ball for two decades!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 09:20 - Aug 27 with 3022 viewsWickets

So 3 of the 4 Tool's are going .
Login to get fewer ads

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 09:35 - Aug 27 with 3010 viewsclive_baker

I can't say I'll miss any of those 3 to be honest. Sentimentally it feels like a bit of an end of an era, having watched it on and off over the years but these things evolve and change. I don't think any of them are particularly great pundits and it's probably due a bit of a refresh.

TBH it's rare I watch it now anyway, maybe catch an hour if at at my old mans on a Saturday afternoon, but it would be interesting to see some more recent ex pros on there who perhaps can relate a little more to the challenges of the modern day game.

I know he's done a lot on BBC so perhaps unlikely, and somewhat contradictory to my previous comment about recent ex pros, but I really like Dion Dublin (despite his Norwich connections). Always seems knowledgeable, articulate, warm.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 9:43]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 13:00 - Aug 27 with 2951 viewsJ2BLUE

2020 getting worse part 816373 on 23:10 - Aug 26 by Scuzzer

Decent
Really?
Good grief.

Yea what's wrong with him?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024