Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please 18:01 - Aug 29 with 5260 viewsHarry_Palmer

Marcus really needs to put Shambert and us out of our collective misery and replace him with Paul Cook while he is still available. Looking at his record over recent years and it really is quite impressive.

Chesterfield - Promotion from League Two as Champions followed by finishing 6th and in the play-offs in his first season in League One.

Portsmouth - Again promotion from League Two as Champions, after which he was poached by Wigan.

Wigan - Promotion from League One as Champions, followed by retaining Championship status the following season. We all know what happened last season of course, technically they were relegated under Cook but without the points deduction would have been comfortably mid table.

All of this was achieved while playing an attractive brand of passing football, I think he would really get the best out of our talented youngsters.

Cooks win percentage with Wigan was 41.3, Lamberts at Ipswich is 26.9. When you also consider that two of those seasons for Cook were in the Championship it really is a no brainer.

Come on Evans, take decisive action and make a good decision for once.

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 18:03 - Aug 29 with 4160 viewsScuzzer

Let's not employ any manager with the first name of PAUL!

Established 1968

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 18:07 - Aug 29 with 4131 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

As many have said before, it isn't going to happen, unfortunately. It will cost to much to get rid of Lambert.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 18:16 - Aug 29 with 4102 viewsTieDyedIn95

We all know Evans wont replace Lambert until the season is going and it's too late to have any real difference!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 18:18 - Aug 29 with 4096 viewsgainsboroughblue

He won't get rid yet and the simple reason is because of that inexplicable contract he offered in the winter.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 18:24 - Aug 29 with 4062 viewshaynes_toe1

Would be a great appointment.

Which is also why it would never happen
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 19:12 - Aug 29 with 3992 viewsMonkeyAlan

Yes please. Never gonna happen. Evans is a muppet. Clueless owner. No idea. Doesn't care either. Complete waste of time. Sitting on his deck chair in the Bahamas no doubt. Probably doesn't even know we played(that's a laugh) today.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 07:55 - Aug 31 with 3724 viewsHarry_Palmer

Come on Evans, Cook is ready and waiting for his next opportunity, in fact in his own words: "I'm desperate to get back in."

I know the timing is not ideal but please get rid of the clown and get a proper Manager in now before anymore damage is done.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/paul-cook-breaks-his-silence-why-he-re

Ps. Before anybody says, I know Evans is very unlikely to read twtd but I'm just trying a bit of law of attraction to see if I can manifest a new reality
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 08:06 - Aug 31 with 3678 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would be 100% behind this. I am not one wish in the sack on anyone but Paul Cook would be a big upgrade.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 11:47 - Aug 31 with 3532 viewsleitrimblue

Oi! Harry, you seem to have missed out the Sligo Rovers portion of Sligo Rovers legend Paul Cooks managerial career
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 11:51 - Aug 31 with 3520 viewsclive_baker

You might not be too far wide of the mark.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 13:46 - Aug 31 with 3441 viewsBryanPlug

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 11:51 - Aug 31 by clive_baker

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 14:03 - Aug 31 with 3397 viewsHarry_Palmer

Why the down vote ArnieM?

Do you not want us to get rid of our incompetent Manager and replace him with a decent one?
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 14:04 - Aug 31 with 3393 viewsHarry_Palmer

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 11:51 - Aug 31 by clive_baker

Oh I really do hope so.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 14:08 - Aug 31 with 3384 viewsHarry_Palmer

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 11:47 - Aug 31 by leitrimblue

Oi! Harry, you seem to have missed out the Sligo Rovers portion of Sligo Rovers legend Paul Cooks managerial career

Sorry Leitrimblue, thought i'd keep it recent and relevant to our current level. He won a few cup finals with Sligo though I believe?
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 14:08 - Aug 31 with 3383 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 14:03 - Aug 31 by Harry_Palmer

Why the down vote ArnieM?

Do you not want us to get rid of our incompetent Manager and replace him with a decent one?

Some think it is best to wait 10 games before acting. I was in this camp, but have woken up to the reality that even that is to long. New manager now would be given those 10 games by the fans to settle in, but not Lambert. He needs to go now and although the timing isn't perfect by any stretch, for the good of the club, he needs to be gone now.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 14:20 - Aug 31 with 3346 viewsPique

Paul Cook is a really good shout.

I’ve got no sympathy with the calls for Burley and Dyer, that’s just fantasy stuff, it’s for the birds. And most of our other alternatives look unappealing - either unproven or the usual old lags. But Cook looks a really good fit for us.

And if he could bring Joe Royle with him as a DoF then even better.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 14:26 - Aug 31 with 3326 viewsIpswichKnight

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 19:12 - Aug 29 by MonkeyAlan

Yes please. Never gonna happen. Evans is a muppet. Clueless owner. No idea. Doesn't care either. Complete waste of time. Sitting on his deck chair in the Bahamas no doubt. Probably doesn't even know we played(that's a laugh) today.

He was at the West Ham game and has been around a lot recently, he does surprisingly know what is going on, choosing to do something about it however is another matter.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 15:28 - Aug 31 with 3280 viewsEireannach_gorm

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 11:47 - Aug 31 by leitrimblue

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 15:40 - Aug 31 with 3247 viewsleitrimblue

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 14:08 - Aug 31 by Harry_Palmer

Sorry Leitrimblue, thought i'd keep it recent and relevant to our current level. He won a few cup finals with Sligo though I believe?

He did indeed. Sligo had been playing crap football an has been unsuccessful for years prior to his arrival. They also won the league with Barraclough a few months after Cook left which quite rightly Paul is given the credit for building that team. Was not just that he bought success it's that he did playing attractive football. I think he was possibly the first manager to successfully play passing football in that league.
Ridiculous innit on 15:53 - Aug 31 with 3213 viewsDyland

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 18:18 - Aug 29 by gainsboroughblue

He won't get rid yet and the simple reason is because of that inexplicable contract he offered in the winter.

Anyone would think Lambert has engineered it to get a good payoff and put his feet up for a bit. I'm sure Evans is delighted to have been played for a sucker. What I can't believe is that Lambert is pushing even Hurst for the accolade of worst effort managing Evans era Town. It's just utterly ridiculous. I could make a better fist of managing Town than Lambert, and I have always been really crap at football. Seriously, I think I could do a better job.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 15:54 - Aug 31 with 3204 viewsleitrimblue

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 15:28 - Aug 31 by Eireannach_gorm

Is incredibly popular still around Sligo. People still announce with pride that Paul Cook will never have to pay for a drink in Co Sligo
Ridiculous innit on 16:03 - Aug 31 with 3177 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Ridiculous innit on 15:53 - Aug 31 by Dyland

Anyone would think Lambert has engineered it to get a good payoff and put his feet up for a bit. I'm sure Evans is delighted to have been played for a sucker. What I can't believe is that Lambert is pushing even Hurst for the accolade of worst effort managing Evans era Town. It's just utterly ridiculous. I could make a better fist of managing Town than Lambert, and I have always been really crap at football. Seriously, I think I could do a better job.

I imagine we all feel we could do a better job, when the reality is, none of us could do any worse.
aye Boy on 16:04 - Aug 31 with 3173 viewsDyland

Ridiculous innit on 16:03 - Aug 31 by IpswichBoyBlue

I imagine we all feel we could do a better job, when the reality is, none of us could do any worse.

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 16:25 - Aug 31 with 3141 viewsketton_itfc

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 15:54 - Aug 31 by leitrimblue

Is incredibly popular still around Sligo. People still announce with pride that Paul Cook will never have to pay for a drink in Co Sligo

I hate getting my hopes up but seeing that has just convinced me even more he;s the man to reignite us. I mean any manager must see that get the fire going here again and who knows where it could take us.

PLEASE MARCUS JUST DO THE RIGHT THING NOW!
Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 07:45 - Feb 11 with 1725 viewsFightingEssex

Lambert out, Paul Cook in please on 16:25 - Aug 31 by ketton_itfc

I hate getting my hopes up but seeing that has just convinced me even more he;s the man to reignite us. I mean any manager must see that get the fire going here again and who knows where it could take us.

PLEASE MARCUS JUST DO THE RIGHT THING NOW!

Less than a year on and the man is back at Chesterfield. Did anyone predict that?

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024