Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
XR PR 09:12 - Sep 11 with 27250 viewshampstead_blue

Interesting resignation and thoughts from their PR talking head.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54103163

XR "peddle messages of doomsday gloom that alienate" and offer "little in the way of positive solutions", she added.

co-founder Roger Hallam's claim that science predicts six billion people will die this century due to climate change - a claim that he made to BBC's HARDtalk.
Ms Lights said: "It's a headline-grabbing assertion - but unfortunately, it's also not true,

peer-group tribal pressure to stick to an outdated mainstream green line".

"peddling the notion that the solution to the climate crisis was to turn back the clock to a simpler time".

I think I mentioned last week that XR wanted us to live in caves. That got me a lot of tap. Well, their former head of PR agrees. Tap away.

A few interesting clips from the BBC piece.

I've said before that I am not a fan of them and how they make their point. THis simply reinforces it.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

XR PR on 14:52 - Sep 12 with 2180 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 14:38 - Sep 12 by monytowbray

That you will.

I remember the pelters I got 3-4 years ago defending veganism on here.

Never forget, give it time and I’m usually right ;)

It might seem like it but my opinion hasn't really changed much since those old vegan threads. Not that I consider myself to have given you pelters, but we did disagree on many things.

A lot of my turning towards plants has been down to preference. You watch a cooking programme and they say things like get a meat hammer to break down the connective tissue in the meat. Nah, just pass me the lentils mate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

XR PR on 14:54 - Sep 12 with 2177 viewsNewcyBlue

XR PR on 14:49 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

Agree. It's unlikely ethical vegans will agree but if they encouraged people to go 90% plant based it would be so much better IMO. 14000 calories a week for the average woman, that's 1400 calories of animal products per week. It's not a lot compared to what most people eat now but at the same time it offers a massive amount of flexibility.

Go 90% plant based and still have a 'normal' meal with your family each week, that cheese sandwich you wanted and a couple of lattes sounds far easier than go vegan and never eat another animal product as long as you live. Especially as the #1 reason vegans abandon veganism is pressure from partner or family. It puts a traditional Christmas dinner, family meals, eating out and indulging the odd craving back on the menu.

14000 calories for the average woman.

Are you an average woman?!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

XR PR on 14:56 - Sep 12 with 2174 viewsjeera

XR PR on 14:52 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

It might seem like it but my opinion hasn't really changed much since those old vegan threads. Not that I consider myself to have given you pelters, but we did disagree on many things.

A lot of my turning towards plants has been down to preference. You watch a cooking programme and they say things like get a meat hammer to break down the connective tissue in the meat. Nah, just pass me the lentils mate.

I'm sorry but I'm struggling with this.

Are you trying to break down the meat with lentils?

Or smashing the lentils with a hammer?

You're going to get yourself a bad name in the kitchen.

(give you fekcing bebo)

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

XR PR on 14:59 - Sep 12 with 2168 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 14:54 - Sep 12 by NewcyBlue

14000 calories for the average woman.

Are you an average woman?!

Per week.

Truly impaired.

XR PR on 15:01 - Sep 12 with 2166 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 14:56 - Sep 12 by jeera

I'm sorry but I'm struggling with this.

Are you trying to break down the meat with lentils?

Or smashing the lentils with a hammer?

You're going to get yourself a bad name in the kitchen.

(give you fekcing bebo)

Shouldn't you be Asking Jeeves where you can buy a Nokia 3210?

Truly impaired.

XR PR on 15:07 - Sep 12 with 2154 viewsNewcyBlue

XR PR on 14:59 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

Per week.

Yeah apologies, I meant the woman part.

XR PR on 15:18 - Sep 12 with 2147 viewsHerbivore

XR PR on 14:49 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

Agree. It's unlikely ethical vegans will agree but if they encouraged people to go 90% plant based it would be so much better IMO. 14000 calories a week for the average woman, that's 1400 calories of animal products per week. It's not a lot compared to what most people eat now but at the same time it offers a massive amount of flexibility.

Go 90% plant based and still have a 'normal' meal with your family each week, that cheese sandwich you wanted and a couple of lattes sounds far easier than go vegan and never eat another animal product as long as you live. Especially as the #1 reason vegans abandon veganism is pressure from partner or family. It puts a traditional Christmas dinner, family meals, eating out and indulging the odd craving back on the menu.

It's only a small proportion of the vegan community that tries to convince anyone else to be vegan. I don't feel it's my job as a vegan to convince others to behave more ethically and responsibly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

XR PR on 15:45 - Sep 12 with 2130 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 15:07 - Sep 12 by NewcyBlue

Yeah apologies, I meant the woman part.

I used a woman as the calorie basis as 10% was still a decent amount. Obviously men who, in many cases, require more calories could have even more animal products in their 10%.

2500*7=17500

1750 kcals.

I treat the 10% as a ceiling, not a target. I think it works well. Must have saved a lot of water...which Luke will offset by needlessly watering his lawn

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

XR PR on 16:24 - Sep 12 with 2101 viewsNewcyBlue

XR PR on 15:45 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

I used a woman as the calorie basis as 10% was still a decent amount. Obviously men who, in many cases, require more calories could have even more animal products in their 10%.

2500*7=17500

1750 kcals.

I treat the 10% as a ceiling, not a target. I think it works well. Must have saved a lot of water...which Luke will offset by needlessly watering his lawn

I was trying to joke about you being an average woman.

XR PR on 16:38 - Sep 12 with 2091 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 16:24 - Sep 12 by NewcyBlue

I was trying to joke about you being an average woman.

It hasn't worked has it mate?

Truly impaired.

XR PR on 16:42 - Sep 12 with 2089 viewsNewcyBlue

XR PR on 16:38 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

It hasn't worked has it mate?

No J2. 😔

XR PR on 16:44 - Sep 12 with 2085 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 16:42 - Sep 12 by NewcyBlue

No J2. 😔

Muppet.

How are the twins and Mrs Newcy doing?

Truly impaired.

XR PR on 16:57 - Sep 12 with 2076 viewsjeera

XR PR on 16:44 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

Muppet.

I'm unfriending you on bebo.

Whatever it is.

XR PR on 17:07 - Sep 12 with 2073 viewshampstead_blue

XR PR on 13:20 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

At home we buy the best quality and welfare standards we can afford.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this. Not to jump on you but because I put a lot of effort into researching this stuff about a year ago. The basic standards aren't great at all. You really do get what you pay for in regards to animal welfare.

We use local butchers a lot but also buy from Waitrose which has higher standards.

We never buy from Aldi or the cheaper supermarkets. Welfare standards are something we don't look to compromise.
I',m not poo-pooing people who shop at other places this is just how we roll.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

XR PR on 17:13 - Sep 12 with 2072 viewsjeera

XR PR on 17:07 - Sep 12 by hampstead_blue

We use local butchers a lot but also buy from Waitrose which has higher standards.

We never buy from Aldi or the cheaper supermarkets. Welfare standards are something we don't look to compromise.

This is what they say themselves. You are welcome to pick the bones out of it, as it were.

I won't pretend to know, but I do know that supermarkets don't tend to have their own farms you know.

"To keep our meat a bit cheaper what we do is make sure we give the pigs a good kicking at least 3 times a week":

"As part of Aldi's commitment to championing Great British quality, many of our products are sourced from the UK. In fact, our entire core range of fresh meat and milk is from British, Red Tractor approved farms. We are the market leader in the amount of fresh produce we sell which is British."

XR PR on 17:18 - Sep 12 with 2067 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 16:57 - Sep 12 by jeera

I'm unfriending you on bebo.

Whatever it is.

You're moving to MySpace?

Truly impaired.

XR PR on 17:20 - Sep 12 with 2061 viewsHerbivore

Do you know which suppliers your butcher and Waitrose uses and what their welfare standards are like?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

XR PR on 17:21 - Sep 12 with 2059 viewsJ2BLUE

Good stuff. Waitrose's standard stuff has a lot of the same standards demanded by the soil association who certify organic products so they are a good supermarket.

Aldi and Lidl have quite a lot of RSPCA certified products who require higher standards. Not all obviously.

Truly impaired.

XR PR on 17:24 - Sep 12 with 2055 viewsjeera

XR PR on 17:18 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

You're moving to MySpace?

That one I actually know what it is/was.

I joined up but don't think I ever got around to using it.

Anyways, years later I did one of those 'have you been pwned' things, and that came up as one.

I think my password in those days had been in keeping of acceptable passwords of the time.

I can't remember what it was but it would have been something like a 5 letter word with two numbers or something.

They're welcome to chase that one up.

I have long learnt to use 6 letter words and three numerals.

XR PR on 17:31 - Sep 12 with 2042 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 17:24 - Sep 12 by jeera

I joined up but don't think I ever got around to using it.

Anyways, years later I did one of those 'have you been pwned' things, and that came up as one.

I think my password in those days had been in keeping of acceptable passwords of the time.

I can't remember what it was but it would have been something like a 5 letter word with two numbers or something.

They're welcome to chase that one up.

I have long learnt to use 6 letter words and three numerals.

Be honest...did you Ask Jeeves?

Truly impaired.

XR PR on 17:31 - Sep 12 with 2040 viewsNewcyBlue

XR PR on 16:44 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

Muppet.

Not brilliant mate. Twin 2 hasn’t grown for almost 10 days now. If T2 hasn’t grown at one of the next scans, either Monday or Wednesday, they will do a section sometime around 24th September.

MrsN is in hospital and staying there. The consultant has said she’s not to go home. She’s utterly fed up.

XR PR on 17:34 - Sep 12 with 2034 viewsjeera

XR PR on 17:31 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

Be honest...did you Ask Jeeves?

When you were small child, albeit a little rotund for your years, Ask Jeeves was actually the go-to search engine.

I think Yahoo was another, and there was another that was popular around then too, but can't think right now.

I still use Duckduckgo sometimes when I want to find out where other posters live etc.

On a 3rd computer that doesn't officially exist.

(I actually use Tor - I've heard of Tor!!)

XR PR on 17:34 - Sep 12 with 2033 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 17:31 - Sep 12 by NewcyBlue

Not brilliant mate. Twin 2 hasn’t grown for almost 10 days now. If T2 hasn’t grown at one of the next scans, either Monday or Wednesday, they will do a section sometime around 24th September.

MrsN is in hospital and staying there. The consultant has said she’s not to go home. She’s utterly fed up.

Bloody hell. I hope it all works out mate and Mrs Newcy is allowed home soon.

Truly impaired.

XR PR on 17:35 - Sep 12 with 2031 viewsjeera

XR PR on 17:31 - Sep 12 by NewcyBlue

Sh1t, sorry.

Best wishes as you know.

x

XR PR on 18:13 - Sep 12 with 1999 viewsVic

XR PR on 12:19 - Sep 12 by Herbivore

It does look from those figures that the avocado thing is something of a red herring. Clearly they do have a large carbon footprint relative to other plant based foods, but you'd have to be eating a ridiculous amount of avocado to even have a third of the environmental impact of consuming an average amount of milk.

A study conducted by Carbon Footprint Ltd affirms a small pack of two avocados has an emissions footprint of 846.36g CO2, almost twice the size of one kilo of bananas (480g CO2) and three times the size of a large cappuccino with regular cow milk (235g CO2).

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/avocado-environment-cost-food-mexico/

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024