Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
XR PR 09:12 - Sep 11 with 26917 viewshampstead_blue

Interesting resignation and thoughts from their PR talking head.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54103163

XR "peddle messages of doomsday gloom that alienate" and offer "little in the way of positive solutions", she added.

co-founder Roger Hallam's claim that science predicts six billion people will die this century due to climate change - a claim that he made to BBC's HARDtalk.
Ms Lights said: "It's a headline-grabbing assertion - but unfortunately, it's also not true,

peer-group tribal pressure to stick to an outdated mainstream green line".

"peddling the notion that the solution to the climate crisis was to turn back the clock to a simpler time".

I think I mentioned last week that XR wanted us to live in caves. That got me a lot of tap. Well, their former head of PR agrees. Tap away.

A few interesting clips from the BBC piece.

I've said before that I am not a fan of them and how they make their point. THis simply reinforces it.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

XR PR on 18:22 - Sep 12 with 1174 viewsRyorry

XR PR on 17:31 - Sep 12 by NewcyBlue

Not brilliant mate. Twin 2 hasn’t grown for almost 10 days now. If T2 hasn’t grown at one of the next scans, either Monday or Wednesday, they will do a section sometime around 24th September.

MrsN is in hospital and staying there. The consultant has said she’s not to go home. She’s utterly fed up.

Oh lor, sorry to hear that Newcy - hope things go much better very soon. All best wishes to you & Mrs Newcy.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

XR PR on 18:22 - Sep 12 with 1174 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 18:13 - Sep 12 by Vic

A study conducted by Carbon Footprint Ltd affirms a small pack of two avocados has an emissions footprint of 846.36g CO2, almost twice the size of one kilo of bananas (480g CO2) and three times the size of a large cappuccino with regular cow milk (235g CO2).

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/avocado-environment-cost-food-mexico/

Needs to be done per calorie to have any relevance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

XR PR on 18:54 - Sep 12 with 1143 viewsHerbivore

XR PR on 18:13 - Sep 12 by Vic

A study conducted by Carbon Footprint Ltd affirms a small pack of two avocados has an emissions footprint of 846.36g CO2, almost twice the size of one kilo of bananas (480g CO2) and three times the size of a large cappuccino with regular cow milk (235g CO2).

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/avocado-environment-cost-food-mexico/

Hmmm. That's one study, which may or may not be reliable, but even if we accept that it is then two acovdaos having a footprint three times greater than a cappuccino needs context. Even a large cappuccino needs quite a small amount of milk relatively speaking, so two avocado having a bigger footprint than that is not necessarily a headline grabber. Plus people have coffee every day, whereas I know literally nobody that eats more than one avocado a week.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

XR PR on 23:33 - Sep 12 with 1094 viewseireblue

XR PR on 17:07 - Sep 12 by hampstead_blue

We use local butchers a lot but also buy from Waitrose which has higher standards.

We never buy from Aldi or the cheaper supermarkets. Welfare standards are something we don't look to compromise.
I',m not poo-pooing people who shop at other places this is just how we roll.

Again, how does higher quality rearing have anything to do with environmental impact?

You being a fan marginal gains, you should be able to elaborate.

But for some reason, you seem very reticent to respond and debate on carbon footprint, environmental impact and diet.

Weird.
XR PR on 00:48 - Sep 13 with 1074 viewsmonytowbray

XR PR on 23:33 - Sep 12 by eireblue

Again, how does higher quality rearing have anything to do with environmental impact?

You being a fan marginal gains, you should be able to elaborate.

But for some reason, you seem very reticent to respond and debate on carbon footprint, environmental impact and diet.

Weird.

I’ve eaten 6 avocados today, snorted five and smoked a couple this evening.

Beat that.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

XR PR on 00:54 - Sep 13 with 1069 viewsJ2BLUE

XR PR on 00:48 - Sep 13 by monytowbray

I’ve eaten 6 avocados today, snorted five and smoked a couple this evening.

Beat that.

Bloo was right all along then

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

XR PR on 00:56 - Sep 13 with 1068 viewsmonytowbray

XR PR on 00:54 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

Bloo was right all along then

Blue Sky Thinking in Burnley.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

XR PR on 07:24 - Sep 13 with 1033 viewsm14_blue

XR PR on 17:31 - Sep 12 by NewcyBlue

Not brilliant mate. Twin 2 hasn’t grown for almost 10 days now. If T2 hasn’t grown at one of the next scans, either Monday or Wednesday, they will do a section sometime around 24th September.

MrsN is in hospital and staying there. The consultant has said she’s not to go home. She’s utterly fed up.

Jesus, all the best Newcy.

I’m sure the whole of TWTD has their fingers crossed for you all.
Login to get fewer ads

XR PR on 20:21 - Sep 13 with 975 viewsRKD

XR PR on 13:28 - Sep 11 by Clapham_Junction

Am I the only person who finds it odd that a supposed committed environmental activist would choose the Mail and the Telegraph - two papers well known for downplaying climate change - as the outlets to write for? I don't think any I know would touch them with a bargepole.

The organisation she now works for is run by someone funded by the nuclear industry (the organisation itself might be as well - they do not appear to disclose their funding). The pieces in both newspapers will certainly have pleased them.

Is this actually just some PR for her new bosses?

The Guardian and The Mirror won't print anything pro nuclear, I doubt they would have been in a position to be picky. The person in the article in the original post won't be taking any money from nuclesr industry, and she would still have a normal life like the rest of us, choosing to change job to one that suits her better. Plus, XR pay their members a wage just like many other activist groups and charities.

The comment about the funding is just a lie, the donors for EP are all listed on their website https://environmentalprogress.org/mission

I actually met some of the people campaigning for this yesterday in Sizewell, and they came across as ethical, logical, and balanced. A lot of what I heard them say would resonate with a lot of people on this board- from both sides.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

XR PR on 20:39 - Sep 13 with 955 viewsClapham_Junction

XR PR on 20:21 - Sep 13 by RKD

The Guardian and The Mirror won't print anything pro nuclear, I doubt they would have been in a position to be picky. The person in the article in the original post won't be taking any money from nuclesr industry, and she would still have a normal life like the rest of us, choosing to change job to one that suits her better. Plus, XR pay their members a wage just like many other activist groups and charities.

The comment about the funding is just a lie, the donors for EP are all listed on their website https://environmentalprogress.org/mission

I actually met some of the people campaigning for this yesterday in Sizewell, and they came across as ethical, logical, and balanced. A lot of what I heard them say would resonate with a lot of people on this board- from both sides.

It wasn't a lie - I had a look on their website prior to writing my comment and couldn't find anywhere where they disclosed the funding, hence why I said they appear not to, rather than saying that they didn't.

This is not an anti-nuclear power stance (I am very much in favour for nuclear power as a temporary solution to getting to zero carbon emissions); it's concern about her trashing XR as a way of getting positive PR for the nuclear industry in the newspapers that lap this kind of criticism up.
XR PR on 08:27 - Sep 14 with 872 viewsRKD

XR PR on 20:39 - Sep 13 by Clapham_Junction

It wasn't a lie - I had a look on their website prior to writing my comment and couldn't find anywhere where they disclosed the funding, hence why I said they appear not to, rather than saying that they didn't.

This is not an anti-nuclear power stance (I am very much in favour for nuclear power as a temporary solution to getting to zero carbon emissions); it's concern about her trashing XR as a way of getting positive PR for the nuclear industry in the newspapers that lap this kind of criticism up.

Apologies- not a lie, but incorrect.

People can only answer the questions put in front of them to be fair, and questions were answered honestly. It's perfectly fine to support XR in general, but to disagree with them in some aspects, IMO.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

XR PR on 16:22 - Sep 17 with 781 viewseireblue

XR PR on 17:00 - Sep 11 by Herbivore

Have you sampled I Am Nut OK cheeses? Blooming lovely.

Oh Lordy.

If I get nothing else from my many years of talking nonsense to bots on TWTD, this recommendation will be something to cherish.
XR PR on 16:23 - Sep 17 with 775 viewsHerbivore

XR PR on 16:22 - Sep 17 by eireblue

Oh Lordy.

If I get nothing else from my many years of talking nonsense to bots on TWTD, this recommendation will be something to cherish.

This makes me very happy indeed. Which ones did you go for?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

XR PR on 16:32 - Sep 17 with 756 viewseireblue

XR PR on 16:23 - Sep 17 by Herbivore

This makes me very happy indeed. Which ones did you go for?

I went for the Producers Choice Bundle, included Paparica, Pepahhh, smokey dokey spread, C’e diary, Rogotta and Notzzolrella.

I’m going to be putting on a few pounds again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024