Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Close the borders 19:36 - Sep 18 with 3469 viewspennyfathersleg

Coronavirus numbers across Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex have actually fallen! Should we close our borders like they did in Australia?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/covid-numbers-dropping-in-suffolk-and-essex-1-684583
Close the borders on 19:50 - Sep 18 with 3399 viewsgtsb1966

I feel sorry for the budgies. They should be able to have 26,000 every home game because they are all related anyway.
Close the borders on 19:55 - Sep 18 with 3370 viewsRocky

Build a wall.
The headline I suggested on 20:07 - Sep 18 with 3352 viewsGuthrum

to my mate who lives between Liverpool and Preston (and is thus about to be locked down again): "Lancashire Hotspot".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Close the borders on 20:21 - Sep 18 with 3307 viewsFtnfwest

Quite, so it’s not schools, as in terms of secondary schools alone there’s 390 in the east of England and 19 in Bolton but both ‘areas’ have about the same number of cases at present.
Close the borders on 21:37 - Sep 18 with 3185 viewsFreddies_Ears

When france had this under control (back in June, before the summer holidays), they restricted people by banning travel more than 100km from home.

I'd certainly be happy to impose the "Vimto Line" , drawn roughly from the Wash to the Severn...
Close the borders on 21:44 - Sep 18 with 3165 viewspointofblue

Close the borders on 21:37 - Sep 18 by Freddies_Ears

When france had this under control (back in June, before the summer holidays), they restricted people by banning travel more than 100km from home.

I'd certainly be happy to impose the "Vimto Line" , drawn roughly from the Wash to the Severn...

They then lifted it and case numbers are higher than here.

Keeping everyone in a tight lockdown forever is impossible; as soon as restrictions are lifted, even if only slightly, then case numbers will go up - the more they're released the more they'll go up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Close the borders on 21:55 - Sep 18 with 3136 viewsHARRY10

Close the borders on 21:44 - Sep 18 by pointofblue

They then lifted it and case numbers are higher than here.

Keeping everyone in a tight lockdown forever is impossible; as soon as restrictions are lifted, even if only slightly, then case numbers will go up - the more they're released the more they'll go up.

The question is has the death rate increased in proportion to the increased rate of infection

or have the most vulnerable already passed on ?
Close the borders on 00:05 - Sep 19 with 3019 viewsPinewoodblue

Close the borders on 21:55 - Sep 18 by HARRY10

The question is has the death rate increased in proportion to the increased rate of infection

or have the most vulnerable already passed on ?

Juvenile comment. A lot of the deaths were catch ups following a period of below expected levels of death being recorded.

The death rate will climb again as we go into winter as colder, damper conditions are more to the liking of the virus.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Close the borders on 00:22 - Sep 19 with 3004 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Close the borders on 20:21 - Sep 18 by Ftnfwest

Quite, so it’s not schools, as in terms of secondary schools alone there’s 390 in the east of England and 19 in Bolton but both ‘areas’ have about the same number of cases at present.

Maybe the prevalence was already higher in Bolton before they went back?

Once it takes hold here, I am sure schoolchildren, staff and our families will prove very effective vectors. And just because the published statistics show it is not prevalent here yet, doesn't mean it isn't already taking off. There are a lot of tests in the system involving those in Suffolk schools right now (assuming they are able to access the tests at all).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Close the borders on 09:14 - Sep 19 with 2786 viewsblueislander

This is basically what has happened in Guernsey. Obviously it is easy to do for an island, but it works. Isolation strictly enforced for anyone arriving, with fines in the thousands of pounds for those not obeying quarantine.
Close the borders on 09:18 - Sep 19 with 2779 viewswaveneyblue

Close the borders on 20:21 - Sep 18 by Ftnfwest

There is an exceptional different mix of people in virtually all of the new lockdown areas than there is in Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. It cannot be ignored (however it is by most of the main stream media)
Close the borders on 09:35 - Sep 19 with 2744 viewsbracknell_blue

UDI for East Anglia. P*ssed off that we may have national lockdown coming back when in truth some regions are keeping COVID at bay reasonably well. And some aren't.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Close the borders on 10:16 - Sep 19 with 2692 viewsEly_Blue

Add Cambridgeshire to that list too

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Close the borders on 10:19 - Sep 19 with 2693 viewsEly_Blue

Close the borders on 09:35 - Sep 19 by bracknell_blue

UDI for East Anglia. P*ssed off that we may have national lockdown coming back when in truth some regions are keeping COVID at bay reasonably well. And some aren't.

This absolutely p15535 me off too, east Cambridgeshire which is the council that Ely falls under has 2-3 cases per 100k in the last week, that effectively means I’d have to meet all of the 20k people in Ely to even be remotely close to meeting someone who has the virus let alone someone who has it seriously!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Close the borders on 10:27 - Sep 19 with 2675 viewspennyfathersleg

Close the borders on 09:35 - Sep 19 by bracknell_blue

Agreed! I think closing the borders, or at least monitoring them somehow, is something that should be seriously considered. Why should we be punished for following the rules and others don’t! However, it absolutely won’t!

I do worry though that we may be a week or so behind and that maybe people in these counties haven’t been able to access tests. I do think, that people seem to obey the rules in my part of the world. I haven’t seen many parties and the vast majority of people wear masks whenever I go out.
Close the borders on 11:01 - Sep 19 with 2650 viewsBlueBadger

Close the borders on 00:05 - Sep 19 by Pinewoodblue

Juvenile comment. A lot of the deaths were catch ups following a period of below expected levels of death being recorded.

The death rate will climb again as we go into winter as colder, damper conditions are more to the liking of the virus.

We are going to have an utterly catastrophic winter. If [redacted] is anything to by, then there's a LOT of pressure of beds right now. As in 'middle of January' pressure. That's only going to worsen. I am utterly, utterly dreading the clocks going back that signifies 'hello it's winter'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Close the borders on 11:35 - Sep 19 with 2599 viewsPinewoodblue

Close the borders on 11:01 - Sep 19 by BlueBadger

We are going to have an utterly catastrophic winter. If [redacted] is anything to by, then there's a LOT of pressure of beds right now. As in 'middle of January' pressure. That's only going to worsen. I am utterly, utterly dreading the clocks going back that signifies 'hello it's winter'.

I’m sure you right on this, you are not scaremongering as I suspect some will be thinking.

It doesn’t help that drive through testing in our area is virtually non existent. Only explanation I can come up with for being offered test in Kensington or Lewisham.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024