Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans 19:22 - Sep 22 with 3485 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yeah, he's made some mistakes (many of which in hindsight). But with no fans for another 6 months, that'll be hitting his pocket again, but he's still stumped up for Arsenal's U21 captain.

I'd be really worried for this club in Covid, without Evans propping us up. We are much luckier than most in League 1.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:28 - Sep 22 with 3137 viewsOldsmoker

I've always said he's a saint.

Don't go looking through my old posts 'cos that's just Fake news.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:29 - Sep 22 with 3128 viewsFixed_It

Exactly. But there will be plenty leaping in here with their anti-Evans rhetoric.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:31 - Sep 22 with 3127 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bloots, for every time you down arrow me I'm going to up arrow you. Because love wins in the end. You silly old sausage.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Stick to your guns.... on 19:32 - Sep 22 with 3108 viewsBloots

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:28 - Sep 22 by Oldsmoker

I've always said he's a saint.

Don't go looking through my old posts 'cos that's just Fake news.

....there's too many people on here that flip flop opinions depending on where they are in their cycle.

Buck the trend.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:38 - Sep 22 with 3083 viewsSwansea_Blue

"praise the Lord for Marcus Evans.....We are much luckier than most in League 1".

Seeing any particular connection there?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:42 - Sep 22 with 3073 viewsJ2BLUE

Credit where it's due, Evans is great for a time like this. I don't think we can ignore the fact we are only in this division because of the systematic decline we've been in since he took over though.

He's admitted we are an investment gone wrong. He's taken us from play off contenders in the Championship to league one.

I'll hold off on praising the lord for him but yes, right now, we're better off with him than without.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:45 - Sep 22 with 3035 viewsBrixtonBlue

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:38 - Sep 22 by Swansea_Blue

"praise the Lord for Marcus Evans.....We are much luckier than most in League 1".

I think you know what I mean. I know he's made mistakes, but right now I'm glad he's propping us up.

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:46 - Sep 22 with 3033 viewsBrixtonBlue

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:42 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

Credit where it's due, Evans is great for a time like this. I don't think we can ignore the fact we are only in this division because of the systematic decline we've been in since he took over though.

He's admitted we are an investment gone wrong. He's taken us from play off contenders in the Championship to league one.

I'll hold off on praising the lord for him but yes, right now, we're better off with him than without.

I agree with this. My OP was slightly naughty.

Login to get fewer ads

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:48 - Sep 22 with 3029 viewsBlueBadger

Fair play to him, he's a better coach than he is an owner. Since he's started taking an interest in first team affairs our manager has finally realised it's a good idea to stop constantly changing sides, systems and formations.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stick to your guns.... on 19:49 - Sep 22 with 3016 viewsOldsmoker

Stick to your guns.... on 19:32 - Sep 22 by Bloots

....there's too many people on here that flip flop opinions depending on where they are in their cycle.

Buck the trend.

Martin Luther King Jr. said...

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy"

Marcus Evans is OUR man.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Stick to your guns.... on 20:03 - Sep 22 with 2972 viewsBlueNomad

Stick to your guns.... on 19:49 - Sep 22 by Oldsmoker

Martin Luther King Jr. said...

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy"

Marcus Evans is OUR man.

Careful, say things like that and BlueArmy81 will send the boys round......,
You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 20:05 - Sep 22 with 2972 viewsRonFearonsHair

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:48 - Sep 22 by BlueBadger

Fair play to him, he's a better coach than he is an owner. Since he's started taking an interest in first team affairs our manager has finally realised it's a good idea to stop constantly changing sides, systems and formations.

Who would have thought that opting to be a hands-off owner who doesn't interfere with the manager's job would be yet another catastrophic misjudgement?
You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 20:13 - Sep 22 with 2931 viewsBlueBadger

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 20:05 - Sep 22 by RonFearonsHair

Who would have thought that opting to be a hands-off owner who doesn't interfere with the manager's job would be yet another catastrophic misjudgement?

He should probably save himself a few quid and sack Lambert and just do the job himself.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 20:23 - Sep 22 with 2889 viewspeterleeblue

Its strange isn't it. Its took a global pandemic for the benefits of Marcus Evans to come to the fore.

I actually think if football can continue throughout the season we have a genuine chance of promotion almost through default.
You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 20:41 - Sep 22 with 2828 viewsSwansea_Blue

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:45 - Sep 22 by BrixtonBlue

I think you know what I mean. I know he's made mistakes, but right now I'm glad he's propping us up.

You cover the bases in your reply to J2. His money and general approach of not being a dodgy owner is of course welcome, but... There's an awful lot stacked on that 'but' side of the scales.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 20:46 - Sep 22 with 2810 viewsjeera

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 19:38 - Sep 22 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, I do.

If there was a God who cared, we wouldn't be in this division.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 20:50 - Sep 22 with 2793 viewsRyorry

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 20:23 - Sep 22 by peterleeblue

Its strange isn't it. Its took a global pandemic for the benefits of Marcus Evans to come to the fore.

I actually think if football can continue throughout the season we have a genuine chance of promotion almost through default.

The season not being completed is actually my greatest worry.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 21:34 - Sep 22 with 2705 viewsSteve_M

That we are in League 1 is also in large part down to Marcus Evans, his poor managerial appointments and his failure to institute a proper footballing structure at the club. All of which have cost him even more money.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 8:04]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 21:36 - Sep 22 with 2696 viewsTrequartista

And on the other hand he's wrecked the entire club.

So good news and bad news really.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 21:39 - Sep 22 with 2679 viewsBrixtonBlue

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 21:34 - Sep 22 by Steve_M

That we are in League 1 is also in large part down to Marcus Evans, his poor managerial appointments and his failure to institute a proper footballing structure at the club. All of which have cost him even more money.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 8:04]

Yeah i know all that. The appointments; most of us agreed with them at the time. I take your point about the football structure though.

Just right now, where we are and with this pandemic/recession/further 6 months of no fans, we're actually quite lucky to have a rich benefactor. There are many clubs who must be extremely worried right now.

I take the points on his decisions, but financially he's kept us going through unprecedented tough times.

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 21:40 - Sep 22 with 2676 viewsBlue_Order

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 21:42 - Sep 22 with 2657 viewsBrixtonBlue

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 21:36 - Sep 22 by Trequartista

And on the other hand he's wrecked the entire club.

So good news and bad news really.

Pretty hot take that. i'd say Roy Keane is more responsible.

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 00:10 - Sep 23 with 2415 viewsBlueBadger

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 21:42 - Sep 22 by BrixtonBlue

Pretty hot take that. i'd say Roy Keane is more responsible.

Let's be fair here, Marcus Evans is reponsible for the fact we're in the third division. Paul Lambert is why we'll be there for a long while.

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 08:12 - Sep 23 with 2174 viewsReuser_is_God

I think it's more praise the lord that we're still a big club.

Had Covid happened in 2/3 years time once we'd established ourselves as a bottom end league 1 club we'd be fcuked also.

The people who should be getting praise are those who made us a big club, not Evans who has taken us to this low.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

You have to take your hat off and praise the Lord for Marcus Evans on 08:22 - Sep 23 with 2165 viewsRegencyBlue

Yeah, let’s all enjoy the thirteen years of mediocrity since he took over shall we!

I really can’t be bothered to go through the list of his poor decisions again, most of which were obviously poor at the time and didn’t need the benefit of hindsight to appear so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024