Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've just had a run in with the old bill! 11:32 - Oct 2 with 3548 viewsGeoffSentence

One of my neighbours reported me to the RSPCA for killing a pigeon.

I didn't kill a pigeon by the way, in case anyone is concerned, but I have been shooting dried chickpeas at them with a slingshot to encourage the little blighters to move off my house. I am more likely to be feeding them than killing them, it is actually pretty difficult to hit them, I've never managed it yet.

The wildlife crimes police officer seemed perfectly satisfied.

I cant understand why someone would tell porky pies to the authorities like that though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 13:17 - Oct 2 with 1387 viewsfactual_blue

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:26 - Oct 2 by giant_stow

swift work

Sort of thing you expect from an eagle-eyed poster.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 13:39 - Oct 2 with 1361 viewsJohnny_Boy

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:40 - Oct 2 by Kropotkin123

Would be funny if you had pulled out a license

Geoff Sentence, Pigeon Slayer.
I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 13:44 - Oct 2 with 1358 viewsGeoffSentence

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 13:39 - Oct 2 by Johnny_Boy

Geoff Sentence, Pigeon Slayer.

Licensed to kill (class C only - pigeons)

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 13:59 - Oct 2 with 1342 viewsAlanRetentive

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:39 - Oct 2 by hampstead_blue

Good idea, slingshot with chickpeas.
Will you have pea plants next spring?

Seems like a right plonker to dob you in for that. Put some wet bread on his car roof and watch them poo all over it......that will change his tune....(wet bread sticks btw, I learned that from our builders)

'(wet bread sticks btw, I learned that from our builders) '

Might I ask you to clarify whether you mean that wet bread has an adhesive quality, or are you correcting your recommendation for a suitable substance from 'bread' to 'breadsticks'.

I am aware of the old adage that people in glasshouses should not throw stones, but may I just say that I consider you to be a somewhat peculiar correspondent. I cannot see how you can imagine that the placing of any form of foodstuff would induce your neighbour to defecate on their own car roof, or indeed why this would be seen as a desirable outcome. I ride a moped so the issue is in fact of limited importance to me.

*** Puch Maxi N Owners Club, Social Distancing Officer (SoDOff) and Undersecretary for The Verification of Vaccinations And Testing (UTVVAT) 2021 ***

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 16:44 - Oct 2 with 1302 viewsjeera

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:35 - Oct 2 by GeoffSentence

Yep you cant kill pigeons, unless you have a license.

That's why there's so many of the things.

They taste nice and more people should be eating them; maybe after Brexit...

I have fired bits of chewed-up paper at them many times in order to get them to move on, same thing I spose.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 17:43 - Oct 2 with 1275 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:06 - Oct 2 with 1266 viewsAce_High1

It happens!

Last year had the police knock on my door after a neighbour reported me for killing starlings!
I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:21 - Oct 2 with 1258 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:06 - Oct 2 by Ace_High1

It happens!

Last year had the police knock on my door after a neighbour reported me for killing starlings!

You're a b*stard too eh? I never knew we had so many torturers of innocent animals on here. Oh well, If you can't beat them and all that...I'm off to kick a puppy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:29 - Oct 2 with 1252 viewsjeera

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:21 - Oct 2 by Swansea_Blue

You're a b*stard too eh? I never knew we had so many torturers of innocent animals on here. Oh well, If you can't beat them and all that...I'm off to kick a puppy.

Oi, puppies are out of bounds.

Find a cat.

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:32 - Oct 2 with 1250 viewshampstead_blue

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 13:59 - Oct 2 by AlanRetentive

'(wet bread sticks btw, I learned that from our builders) '

Might I ask you to clarify whether you mean that wet bread has an adhesive quality, or are you correcting your recommendation for a suitable substance from 'bread' to 'breadsticks'.

I am aware of the old adage that people in glasshouses should not throw stones, but may I just say that I consider you to be a somewhat peculiar correspondent. I cannot see how you can imagine that the placing of any form of foodstuff would induce your neighbour to defecate on their own car roof, or indeed why this would be seen as a desirable outcome. I ride a moped so the issue is in fact of limited importance to me.

I must confess that I wouldn't defecate on my roof. I would however make best use of the free food and ensure it is salvaged and used in a bread pudding.

Wet to ensure adhesion to said roof attracting said birds who would after eating and pecking it, have a jolly good poo.

Wet bread sticks could be used to maybe spell a message......"Pigeon cafe"......or "gotcha"....."poo here".......
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 18:33]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:45 - Oct 2 with 1236 viewsWeWereZombies

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:06 - Oct 2 by Ace_High1

It happens!

I know this is a mainly lighthearted thread but why the feck would anyone kill starlings?

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/starling/pop

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:58 - Oct 2 with 1229 viewsSuffolktractor

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:45 - Oct 2 by WeWereZombies

I know this is a mainly lighthearted thread but why the feck would anyone kill starlings?

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/starling/pop

I expect it makes a nice change from pigeons!
I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:59 - Oct 2 with 1227 viewsAce_High1

Exactly!

That was the point, just a made up claim from a neighbour, same as the OP.
I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 19:03 - Oct 2 with 1224 viewsjeera

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:58 - Oct 2 by Suffolktractor

I expect it makes a nice change from pigeons!

Not a lot of meat on starlings.

I would assume Ace High there was joking [?] and hope so anyway.

Not that I like starlings much - horrible things - but they are a sight to see when flocking.

Though that fact they murmur and don't just say what they have to say openly, makes me even more suspicious of them.

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 19:05 - Oct 2 with 1218 viewsjeera

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 18:59 - Oct 2 by Ace_High1

Exactly!

That was the point, just a made up claim from a neighbour, same as the OP.

Maybe the neighbour was just trying to cover for you:

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 20:19 - Oct 2 with 1192 viewshampstead_blue

Our cat would have been bang-up for his kills this year.
He came in with a swift the other day. Can't believe it.

Loves an egg as well. Eats the whole lot.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 20:20 - Oct 2 with 1191 viewsWeWereZombies

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 20:19 - Oct 2 by hampstead_blue

Our cat would have been bang-up for his kills this year.
He came in with a swift the other day. Can't believe it.

Loves an egg as well. Eats the whole lot.

I have neither cat nor dog, and I think a consequence of that is that I get visited by a lot of wildlife. Hence I have no need of a cat or dog.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 20:55 - Oct 2 with 1178 viewsMJallday

This has all the makings of a classic twtd thread

* poster in trouble with the rozzers
* controversial subject

It just needs a mspaint diagram tbh

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 21:35 - Oct 2 with 1166 viewsMelford

You should try the Shaun Ryder approach

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024