Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
only seen MK's goal on SSN 09:16 - Oct 4 with 2429 viewstextbackup

looked to be the man all alone at the back post with weeks of space to control, pick his spot, was that Chambers man?
or was there more to it, and the full build up shows the guilty party? or collectively poor from us

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:17 - Oct 4 with 781 viewsBasuco

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:58 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

All stemmed from Kenlock being about a mile out of position and everyone then getting pulled over. Sadly Chambers can't be in two places at once.

Or you could say that when Kenlock went forward the left midfielder (can't recall who) should have dropped back to cover. Last season Luke Garbutt was good at this when operating in midfield. I agree that Kenlock was out of position but would put the major blame on the lack of covering by midielders who should have dropped back. Jon Nolan did this superbly when the CB's were caught out with an excellent piece of defending. Defending is a team job not left to one player.
only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:30 - Oct 4 with 771 viewsBlueBadger

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:17 - Oct 4 by Basuco

Or you could say that when Kenlock went forward the left midfielder (can't recall who) should have dropped back to cover. Last season Luke Garbutt was good at this when operating in midfield. I agree that Kenlock was out of position but would put the major blame on the lack of covering by midielders who should have dropped back. Jon Nolan did this superbly when the CB's were caught out with an excellent piece of defending. Defending is a team job not left to one player.

Which goes back to Lambert's tactics. Sears should have stayed on as he can relied on to cover(unlike the stateless messiah)and Jackson on for Edwards.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:32 - Oct 4 with 766 viewsBlueBadger

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:10 - Oct 4 by textbackup

they had that godfrey pretty much ever present I believe.

I know you like to go against the grain, so really seems pointless discussing it with you. but 99% of the fan base would agree, there is something wrong at itfc with rehab etc.

Permenant Injury Crisis by BlueBadger 4 Oct 2020 10:38
I think to an extent, our budgets from Jewell onwards have meant that we've either brought in 'talented but fragile'(Webster, Didsy, Huws, possibly Adeyemi) or 'solid but limited'(pretty much everyone else) but the amount of times we've seen the likes of Huws, Bishop, McGoldrick and now Norwood break down quickly after injury makes me question what it is we're doing and have been doing for some time.

Injuries happen, it's part of the game, but any long-term looking injury basically has me seeing the dark clouds gather over that player's career.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:37 - Oct 4 with 770 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:14 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

They all made it clear before that it was Mick's training methods. Little Paul the messiah was bringing his new methods from Shrewsbury and fixing it. Next up PRP and his German football methods would sort it but because neither have we have to blame the physios or Marcus. All teams get injuries

still blows my mind you are an adult.
have a good day mate

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:38 - Oct 4 with 769 viewsN2_Blue

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:14 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

They all made it clear before that it was Mick's training methods. Little Paul the messiah was bringing his new methods from Shrewsbury and fixing it. Next up PRP and his German football methods would sort it but because neither have we have to blame the physios or Marcus. All teams get injuries

Kenlock being out of position and caught up field is the primary cause of the goal. The ianbility to commuincate as a defensive unit to try and cover and get a shape again thereafter also contributes.

Never been a fan on Kenlock but he seems to have rapidly progressed backwards. Looks way out of his depth which is strange as he has performed okish at champ level.

Think he is done here...not good enough

(Edit: meant to reply to OP not bluefish)
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 11:39]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:45 - Oct 4 with 760 viewsCheltenham_Blue

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:23 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

I expect every goal that we concede this year will put down to Chambers by many fans, see if you can see where Kenlock or Wilson are instead

Well, Kenlock was on the deck after trying to win the ball, which he was unlucky not to get, except for a very good touch by the MK player and was trying to get back, Wilson naturally shifted to LB to try to prevent the cross, Toto and Chambo went with him to fill the gap.

But, Chambo, lost all awareness of the player coming into the box in his own position, because, ultimately, he was ball watching.

Does that clear it up?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 12:09 - Oct 4 with 747 viewsBluefish

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:37 - Oct 4 by textbackup

still blows my mind you are an adult.
have a good day mate

Maybe when i grow up I can blub about how the club aren't treating injuries properly. Obviously not of the players, agents, coaches or 3rd party doctors have seen an issue either but maybe they just need to grow up too.

Have a lovely day x

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 12:10 - Oct 4 with 745 viewsBluefish

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:45 - Oct 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Well, Kenlock was on the deck after trying to win the ball, which he was unlucky not to get, except for a very good touch by the MK player and was trying to get back, Wilson naturally shifted to LB to try to prevent the cross, Toto and Chambo went with him to fill the gap.

But, Chambo, lost all awareness of the player coming into the box in his own position, because, ultimately, he was ball watching.

Does that clear it up?

Lol

Login to get fewer ads

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 13:50 - Oct 4 with 722 viewsHerbivore

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:17 - Oct 4 by Basuco

Based on the passage of play that preceded it my view is that Kenlock was simply miles out of position. It's not much more complicated than that. The rest of the defence then got pulled out of shape leaving the man free at the back post.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 14:00 - Oct 4 with 723 viewsSamWhiteUK

I think if Chambers doesn't slip, he puts his body in the way and blocks it. If they don't score then, who knows, maybe we could've held out for all 3 points.

No idea where Kenlock had found himself
only seen MK's goal on SSN on 14:02 - Oct 4 with 721 viewsBrixtonBlue

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 13:50 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

Based on the passage of play that preceded it my view is that Kenlock was simply miles out of position. It's not much more complicated than that. The rest of the defence then got pulled out of shape leaving the man free at the back post.

I like what you did there. That should be his new nickname.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 14:04 - Oct 4 with 721 viewsEly_Blue

I expect every goal that we concede this year will put down to Chambers by many fans, see if you can see where Kenlock or Wilson are instead

Kenlock was upfield and making no hurry to get back which left Wilson with 2 men, of which if you look the first one impedes him slightly, not enough to give away a free kick but enough to stop him from preventing the cross, Toto then comes across to cover Wilson’s man, Chambers who unfortunately slipped was then left with covering Totos man and the guy at the back was free (technically if you want to be critical Edwards should be covering behind Chambers but that’s harsh)

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 14:37 - Oct 4 with 711 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 14:04 - Oct 4 by Ely_Blue

Kenlock was upfield and making no hurry to get back which left Wilson with 2 men, of which if you look the first one impedes him slightly, not enough to give away a free kick but enough to stop him from preventing the cross, Toto then comes across to cover Wilson’s man, Chambers who unfortunately slipped was then left with covering Totos man and the guy at the back was free (technically if you want to be critical Edwards should be covering behind Chambers but that’s harsh)

at no point does toto go over to pick up a man, or even remotely need to. he runs in a straight line, marking nobody.

simple communication from the keeper, defence, midfield facing the situation could have alerted toto to take chambers man.

I played CB my entire "career" and id have been seriously pissed off at conceding that from my POV (if I was toto) and at my RB for not telling me to take that man freeing him up

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 15:04 - Oct 4 with 696 viewslongtimefan

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:30 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

Which goes back to Lambert's tactics. Sears should have stayed on as he can relied on to cover(unlike the stateless messiah)and Jackson on for Edwards.

Sears was still on the pitch when this happened?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 15:04]
only seen MK's goal on SSN on 15:07 - Oct 4 with 690 viewslongtimefan

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:45 - Oct 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Does that clear it up?

Surely the person who was ball watching was Toto as he hadn’t looked behind and ended up marking no one.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 15:08]
only seen MK's goal on SSN on 15:34 - Oct 4 with 669 viewsBluefish

Correct

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 15:45 - Oct 4 with 672 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 21:06 - Oct 4 with 632 viewsPilgrimblue

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 15:34 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

Correct

Well we mostly seem y=to be of the same view about Kenlock. However, I don't see any solutions while Ward is injured.
If we continue with 433 then Sears must be prepared to drop back but of course he'd been subbed. Clearly there's a problem with LB while Ward is away plus we seem to have shortage of lefites in defence apart from Nbada who maybe could be a better option than continuing with Nenlock!
only seen MK's goal on SSN on 21:21 - Oct 4 with 624 viewsbraveblue

Unlikely to be covering their left wing back.
only seen MK's goal on SSN on 22:20 - Oct 4 with 610 viewsEly_Blue

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 14:37 - Oct 4 by textbackup

at no point does toto go over to pick up a man, or even remotely need to. he runs in a straight line, marking nobody.

simple communication from the keeper, defence, midfield facing the situation could have alerted toto to take chambers man.

I played CB my entire "career" and id have been seriously pissed off at conceding that from my POV (if I was toto) and at my RB for not telling me to take that man freeing him up

Wow which FL team did you play professionally for? I’m sure we’re all dying to hear

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 22:25 - Oct 4 with 607 viewsreusersfreekicks

Or Dozzell who was spare and could maybe have appreciated the guy alone at the back post
only seen MK's goal on SSN on 22:35 - Oct 4 with 601 viewsreusersfreekicks

Or Dozzell who was spare and could maybe have appreciated the guy alone at the back post
only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:17 - Oct 5 with 552 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 22:20 - Oct 4 by Ely_Blue

Wow which FL team did you play professionally for? I’m sure we’re all dying to hear

I see the word career being highlighted ironically has completely gone over your head.

Well done

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024