Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Left Back 10:30 - Oct 8 with 3065 viewsirishtim

Is Ndaba worth a shot over Kenlock for Saturday?
Left Back on 10:44 - Oct 8 with 2463 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Yes.... Time for Kenlock to be moved on, if we can bring in Alt cover

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Left Back on 10:50 - Oct 8 with 2448 viewsPinewoodblue

Probably better suited to a back three but we don’t want Lambot to start changing formations.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Left Back on 10:57 - Oct 8 with 2419 viewsWallingford_Boy

Zero chance.

Kenlock will start.

RIP Sir Bobby

Left Back on 10:58 - Oct 8 with 2421 viewsclive_baker

Would be an almighty risk IMO, given he's so inexperienced in 1st team football. He needs to go out on loan somewhere and get 30 appearances under his belt.

I feel a bit sorry for Kenny. Ashley Cole he isn't, but if you look at his last 8 starts for us, we've conceded 5 goals and only lost once. People make out like he's a calamity, but it was a pretty tough ask to come off the bench Saturday into the pace of a game like that after months without really playing competitive football.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Left Back on 11:03 - Oct 8 with 2410 viewsStokieBlue

Left Back on 10:58 - Oct 8 by clive_baker

Would be an almighty risk IMO, given he's so inexperienced in 1st team football. He needs to go out on loan somewhere and get 30 appearances under his belt.

I feel a bit sorry for Kenny. Ashley Cole he isn't, but if you look at his last 8 starts for us, we've conceded 5 goals and only lost once. People make out like he's a calamity, but it was a pretty tough ask to come off the bench Saturday into the pace of a game like that after months without really playing competitive football.

There is plenty of historical evidence to suggest he's not up to it. Just looking at goals isn't valid as there are 3 other defenders who might have played very well in those matches.

People are hardly making these statements based on one half against MK Dons. He's had plenty of chances.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Left Back on 11:05 - Oct 8 with 2397 viewsSwailsey

Colin Healy is worth a shot at LB over Kenlock unfortunately.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 11:12]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Left Back on 11:08 - Oct 8 with 2381 viewsrickw

I'm sure Kenlock will get this game and if he does ok he'll keep his place until Ward's back
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 11:08]

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Left Back on 11:09 - Oct 8 with 2372 viewsclive_baker

Left Back on 11:03 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

There is plenty of historical evidence to suggest he's not up to it. Just looking at goals isn't valid as there are 3 other defenders who might have played very well in those matches.

People are hardly making these statements based on one half against MK Dons. He's had plenty of chances.

SB

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's ever going to be anything more than a filler, but he's perfectly adequate as a back up in L1 who can deputise until Ward returns. People said the same about Emmanuel and he's starting for Hull who are top.

He's flogged on here like he's good for nothing and a liability, but he's someone who has played 50 odd times in the Championship and I can't recall too many examples of that being the case where he's really let us down?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 11:10]

Login to get fewer ads

Left Back on 11:12 - Oct 8 with 2352 viewsSwailsey

Left Back on 11:09 - Oct 8 by clive_baker

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's ever going to be anything more than a filler, but he's perfectly adequate as a back up in L1 who can deputise until Ward returns. People said the same about Emmanuel and he's starting for Hull who are top.

He's flogged on here like he's good for nothing and a liability, but he's someone who has played 50 odd times in the Championship and I can't recall too many examples of that being the case where he's really let us down?

That is true.

I don't remember him costing us any goals particularly, I just remember being constantly frustrated at him.

I do also remember him looking good against Fulham away a few years back though.

In summary, I don't know what I think any more.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Left Back on 11:20 - Oct 8 with 2317 viewsBloomBlue

The Emmanuel point is a good one, many fans slated him as not good enough
Left Back on 11:31 - Oct 8 with 2284 viewsclive_baker

Left Back on 11:12 - Oct 8 by Swailsey

That is true.

I don't remember him costing us any goals particularly, I just remember being constantly frustrated at him.

I do also remember him looking good against Fulham away a few years back though.

In summary, I don't know what I think any more.

I get frustrated at him too. He runs like a Chicken and certainly leaves you scratching your head at times. I don't think he's great, far from it. I just think it's hard for anyone to look decent without a run in the side. A few minutes here and there will never allow us to truly get a feel for how dependable someone is. Look at Dozzell, it's only now he's getting a run in the side that he's showing his worth.

7 of Kenny's last 8 appearances I alluded to were this time last year, when he had a run in the side. We were unbeaten through that period and he actually started to look comfortable there. It certainly wasn't the case that he was carried by the defence. It went tits up when KVY got injured and Kenny was left out to shoe horn Garbutt & Edwards in as wing backs.

Left Back on 11:33 - Oct 8 with 2279 viewsChrisd

Kenlock will start on Saturday no doubt. It's his time now to prove himself, but I feel he'll be better with a run of games under his belt rather than coming on from the bench, which isn't always easy. We don't know how long Ward will be out for, but here's his chance to grab his opportunity with both hands. I hope he does, there seems many that have already written him off.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 11:34]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Left Back on 11:35 - Oct 8 with 2265 viewsStokieBlue

Left Back on 11:33 - Oct 8 by Chrisd

Kenlock will start on Saturday no doubt. It's his time now to prove himself, but I feel he'll be better with a run of games under his belt rather than coming on from the bench, which isn't always easy. We don't know how long Ward will be out for, but here's his chance to grab his opportunity with both hands. I hope he does, there seems many that have already written him off.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 11:34]

You make it sound like he's never had an opportunity before or a run of games in the first team.

Both simply aren't true.

People are talking like he's 18 and never played a game for us or something. He's 23, played over 50 matches and hasn't proven himself.

I am hoping he does prove himself but I'm just not sure he will - we will see over the next few matches.

SB
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 11:40]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Left Back on 11:39 - Oct 8 with 2255 viewsSteve_M

Well quite but we don't do nuanced opinions on players on here much.

Kenlock was never that good defensively but was fairly decent on the ball in an attacking sense. He didn't show much of that last week but that is probably down to confidence as well as his lack of matches. I think he has shown himself to be an adequate backup at Championship level int he past so there is no reason to think he can't still do that in League 1.

The midfield formation probably makes it more difficult for a full back than 4-4-2 as it leaves them more exposed which exacerbates Kenlock's weaknesses.

If KVY ever gets fit then there are questions about him defensively too....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Left Back on 11:42 - Oct 8 with 2229 viewsChrisd

Left Back on 11:35 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

You make it sound like he's never had an opportunity before or a run of games in the first team.

Both simply aren't true.

People are talking like he's 18 and never played a game for us or something. He's 23, played over 50 matches and hasn't proven himself.

I am hoping he does prove himself but I'm just not sure he will - we will see over the next few matches.

SB
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 11:40]

Nsiala in the same boat? He seems to be doing better by being given the opportunity to play regularly and the manager showing some faith in him, which I certainly didn't. Lets just see how Kenlock does instead of just throwing him to the wolves. If after those games he is still struggling, then yes I'd agree with you.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Left Back on 11:57 - Oct 8 with 2178 viewsMetal_Hacker

Left Back on 11:42 - Oct 8 by Chrisd

Nsiala in the same boat? He seems to be doing better by being given the opportunity to play regularly and the manager showing some faith in him, which I certainly didn't. Lets just see how Kenlock does instead of just throwing him to the wolves. If after those games he is still struggling, then yes I'd agree with you.

I think Nsiala's better performances have mainly been as a result of no supporters in the ground which is a sorry state of affairs but we'll take it anyway

I really wish I could think the same would apply with Kenlock but I'm really not convinced

Poll: If it were one or the other

Left Back on 12:12 - Oct 8 with 2135 viewsleftback

No
Left Back on 13:05 - Oct 8 with 2025 viewsSwansea_Blue

What is it about left backs and being the scapegoat? Richards, Delaney, Knudsen, Kenlock...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Left Back on 13:08 - Oct 8 with 2010 viewsBlueBadger

Left Back on 13:05 - Oct 8 by Swansea_Blue

What is it about left backs and being the scapegoat? Richards, Delaney, Knudsen, Kenlock...

Remember when people used to claim that Tyrone Mings, one of the humblest and down-to-earth professional footballers you could hope for, used to get described as 'getting too big for his boots' by sections of the support of here?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Left Back on 13:11 - Oct 8 with 1997 viewsSwansea_Blue

Left Back on 13:08 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

Remember when people used to claim that Tyrone Mings, one of the humblest and down-to-earth professional footballers you could hope for, used to get described as 'getting too big for his boots' by sections of the support of here?

Yep. I should have included him. It’d be easier to list our left backs who haven’t got grief - Mills and Herman. Oh, and Treacle of course before gav bans me.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 13:12]

Left Back on 13:13 - Oct 8 with 1981 viewsBlueBadger

Left Back on 13:11 - Oct 8 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. I should have included him. It’d be easier to list our left backs who haven’t got grief - Mills and Herman. Oh, and Treacle of course before gav bans me.

Seem to recall Clapham got a fair bit, although to be fair he(like most of the rest of the team) was utterly pathetic during the 01/02.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Left Back on 13:14 - Oct 8 with 1983 viewsPendejo

Left Back on 13:05 - Oct 8 by Swansea_Blue

Harbey

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Left Back on 13:19 - Oct 8 with 1972 viewsSwailsey

Left Back on 13:11 - Oct 8 by Swansea_Blue

Cressy did too!

Left Back on 13:19 - Oct 8 with 1971 viewsSwansea_Blue

Left Back on 13:14 - Oct 8 by Pendejo

Harbey

I don’t remember much about him as I spent those two years at 6th form mostly getting drunk, chasing girls and going to gigs.

He’s had his own thread though:
Graham Harbey by benno1uk 30 Jan 2017 16:30
I don't remember Graham Harbey, but by all accounts he is rated as our all time worst player. He must be loving the current team then. Surely he must be usurped by one / all of messrs Douglas, Best and Coke.

Left Back on 13:32 - Oct 8 with 1927 viewstractordownsouth

Emmanuel is a superior player to Kenlock though. In normal circumstances, I think PL would have kept him around, but we'd just signed KVY (one of the best full backs in the league) and had Donacien, a player that cost 750k with 2 years left on his deal, and it would have been difficult to shift him. So it was Emmanuel who had to make way.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024