Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No deal Brexit now on the cards 12:22 - Oct 16 with 5649 viewshype313

What a year this is turning out to be.

Band playing on the Titanic springs to mind.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 12:31 - Oct 16 with 3701 viewsWeWereZombies

But the deck chair arranging is so much better now...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 12:32 - Oct 16 with 3698 viewsm14_blue

I can't even begin to comprehend how insane this is.

No deal was suicidal in normal times, and so toxic it was dismissed as 'Project Fear' by every single Brexiteer. Somehow it has become normalised through a drip feed from our right wing media and other swivel eyed loons and self interested millionaires.

To press on with it in these circumstances is beyond suicidal, I can't think of an adjective to describe the lunacy.

The whole world are just looking at us in stunned disbelief, how can anyone possibly be this stupid??
No deal Brexit now on the cards on 12:34 - Oct 16 with 3687 viewshype313

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 12:32 - Oct 16 by m14_blue

I can't even begin to comprehend how insane this is.

No deal was suicidal in normal times, and so toxic it was dismissed as 'Project Fear' by every single Brexiteer. Somehow it has become normalised through a drip feed from our right wing media and other swivel eyed loons and self interested millionaires.

To press on with it in these circumstances is beyond suicidal, I can't think of an adjective to describe the lunacy.

The whole world are just looking at us in stunned disbelief, how can anyone possibly be this stupid??

Oven ready deal? Someone's forgot to turn on the oven.

It sounds like one of J2's recipes.

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 12:39 - Oct 16 with 3677 viewsgiant_stow

I bet the brexiloons are comign in their panties right now.

Hopefully just bluster.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 12:57 - Oct 16 with 3642 viewsEastTownBlue

#EasiestTradeDealInHistory
#MillionToOneOddsAgainstNoDeal
No deal Brexit now on the cards on 12:57 - Oct 16 with 3639 viewsPinewoodblue

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 12:34 - Oct 16 by hype313

Oven ready deal? Someone's forgot to turn on the oven.

It sounds like one of J2's recipes.

We never had an oven. The EU just won’t let us use theirs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 13:05 - Oct 16 with 3618 viewsHerbivore

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 12:57 - Oct 16 by Pinewoodblue

Yeah this is definitely the EU's fault.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 13:37 - Oct 16 with 3580 viewsPinewoodblue

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 13:05 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

Yeah this is definitely the EU's fault.

They have offered but BoJo won’t accept their terms.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 13:49 - Oct 16 with 3553 viewsMonkeyAlan

If the EU had played ball then it wouldn't be a no deal Brexit.
No deal Brexit now on the cards on 13:50 - Oct 16 with 3553 viewsclive_baker

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 13:49 - Oct 16 by MonkeyAlan

What do you mean by played ball?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:01 - Oct 16 with 3533 viewsHARRY10

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 13:50 - Oct 16 by clive_baker

What do you mean by played ball?

He means the EU should agree to tear up the WA Johnson signed,

As to 'no deal' that is just fat boy putting it out there so as to claim what ever he can scrap together, is a victory that avoids a no deal

Johnson is about as skilled at politics as I am at conducting latin mass in the Vatican
No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:07 - Oct 16 with 3529 viewsvapour_trail

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 13:49 - Oct 16 by MonkeyAlan

If so many of the population weren’t so fundamentally easily led, we wouldn’t be here in the first place.

I don’t blame the likes of you who voted for it, you’re still hoovering up all the sound bites you’re spoonfed and clearly don’t have the capacity to think for yourself. It’s those that led the charge trumpeting on about project fear every day for months on end who have led us to this entirely predictable outcome.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:18 - Oct 16 with 3499 viewsDanTheMan

I was shocked to read the other day that apparently the biggest sticking point is the fishing industry.

Fishing, which makes up feck all of our economy.

Really prioritising the big ticket items.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:20 - Oct 16 with 3487 viewsBigManBlue

Good news all round. Now my delicious zloty will allow me to have a cheap holiday in the UK for a change!

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:27 - Oct 16 with 3478 viewsHARRY10

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:18 - Oct 16 by DanTheMan

I was shocked to read the other day that apparently the biggest sticking point is the fishing industry.

Fishing, which makes up feck all of our economy.

Really prioritising the big ticket items.

big tocket otems ?

Fishing is not the sticking point - it is merely a convenient totem for Johnson to rally around

It is the UK's refusal to honour the deal (WA) it previously signed ie you want to be in the club, then you abide by club rules

you know, the ones the UK helped to formulate
No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:35 - Oct 16 with 3463 viewsjaykay

this is how the right wing tories work. the tory business owner and tory farmer , go to eastern europe and recruit cheap labour. put them up in a run down hotel owned by a tory.
then they tell the british working class look at all these foreigners coming here taking your jobs. then they dangle brexit in front of them , with vote for them and we will get our borders back ( we always had control of our borders]. so the problem which they caused ,which they hid well, they had the cure for.
now being in the e.u. caused these people problems in having standards in food , the environment, workers rights etc. now they can ditch them all, get more rich to the decrement to joe public.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:41 - Oct 16 with 3438 viewsDanTheMan

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:27 - Oct 16 by HARRY10

big tocket otems ?

Fishing is not the sticking point - it is merely a convenient totem for Johnson to rally around

It is the UK's refusal to honour the deal (WA) it previously signed ie you want to be in the club, then you abide by club rules

you know, the ones the UK helped to formulate

But that's what I mean, even if it's all just a "for show" thing, why the hell would we pick fishing?

If it was something to do with the services industry, it would at least make sense, but fishing is just such a bizarre thing to get hung up about.

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:48 - Oct 16 with 3414 viewsHerbivore

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:41 - Oct 16 by DanTheMan

But that's what I mean, even if it's all just a "for show" thing, why the hell would we pick fishing?

If it was something to do with the services industry, it would at least make sense, but fishing is just such a bizarre thing to get hung up about.

Fishing has always had some weird symbolic significance that hugely outweighs its actual importance. No offence to people in the fishing industry hut its pretty small fry (zing!) in terms of our national GDP and in terms of the number of people it employs. However, as an island nation the idea of controlling our waters gets the Brexiteers and right-wingers as stiff as a board and so it's become an area where we can't be seen to back down.

In its own way, state aid is just as weird a hill to die on. We spend proportionately less on state aid than the vast majority of EU nations, so why the need to give ourselves greater scope when we never come close to EU limits? State aid for business is pretty antithetical to the Tory party as well. Again, it just seems to be about some vague notion of sovereignty and taking back control rather than about any policy aim or sense of pragmatism.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:50 - Oct 16 with 3405 viewsDanTheMan

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:48 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

Fishing has always had some weird symbolic significance that hugely outweighs its actual importance. No offence to people in the fishing industry hut its pretty small fry (zing!) in terms of our national GDP and in terms of the number of people it employs. However, as an island nation the idea of controlling our waters gets the Brexiteers and right-wingers as stiff as a board and so it's become an area where we can't be seen to back down.

In its own way, state aid is just as weird a hill to die on. We spend proportionately less on state aid than the vast majority of EU nations, so why the need to give ourselves greater scope when we never come close to EU limits? State aid for business is pretty antithetical to the Tory party as well. Again, it just seems to be about some vague notion of sovereignty and taking back control rather than about any policy aim or sense of pragmatism.

I did see some story that the grand plan with the state aid was to try and pump money into the IT industry to create companies similar in size to Google, Amazon etc.

Of course this was so hilariously misguided because taking us out of the EU would make the job of software developers much more difficult, not easier, however much money you throw at it.

It was so bizarre I still can't believe it was true.

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:51 - Oct 16 with 3399 viewshype313

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:48 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

I was also reading the other day that even if we got the volume of waters back to fish in, we don't have enough fisherman to take up the slack, so we would then end up offering it back to the French.

Madness.

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 15:00 - Oct 16 with 3373 viewsWeWereZombies

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 12:57 - Oct 16 by Pinewoodblue

Would we want to use their oven, I mean the settings are not going to be calibrated in fahrenheit*.

* Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit FRS, born in Gdansk

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 15:09 - Oct 16 with 3344 viewsRyorry

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:51 - Oct 16 by hype313

I was also reading the other day that even if we got the volume of waters back to fish in, we don't have enough fisherman to take up the slack, so we would then end up offering it back to the French.

Madness.

Don't think that quite describes it - from what I read t'other day, most of the UK quota was bought up by only 6 UK families, who then sold out to various French & Dutch fishermen.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 15:14 - Oct 16 with 3335 viewsjeera

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 14:51 - Oct 16 by hype313

Madness.

Well this is it.

Some of the British fishing firms sold off their quota rights years ago, so fair bit of the complaining about Dutch vessels fishing 'our' waters and suchlike has been misguided as they have been there legitimately and have paid for it.

I never have any problems buying fish when I want some but clearly we're missing something.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 15:17]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 15:16 - Oct 16 with 3316 viewsRyorry

I wonder how how the reckless, incompetent, greedy, self-serving, immoral cabal of tossers supposedly leading us are actually going to "enjoy"(?) their lives post no-deal?

They may try to slink into retirement on their yachts, tropical islands or wherever, but their reputation will be irreparably stained for eternity. What a legacy to leave your kids/grandkids/greats.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 15:28]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No deal Brexit now on the cards on 15:16 - Oct 16 with 3312 viewsTractorWood

It's been on the cards for months.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024