Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alternative vaccine priority 07:19 - Nov 10 with 2970 viewsbluelagos

Reports that the govt has 40m doses on order. That means we will have 25m people left.

So can I propose the following groups are left unvaccinated.

Anti-vaccers.
They are happy, more to go round.

Conspiracy theorists.
Why give it to people who think it isnt real?

Norfolk residents.
Low rates of infection and minimal interaction with non family members likely to remain.

Any groups I've missed?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 7:31]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:06 - Nov 10 with 862 viewsKeno

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:01 - Nov 10 by hype313

Miranda Fans
Michael Mcintyre fans
Taxidermists.

reminds me of

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:22 - Nov 10 with 856 viewsStokieBlue

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:56 - Nov 10 by CoachRob

Is it right to say that the inactivated vaccine candidate CoronaVac developed in China is a different technology to the RNA vaccine candidate which was developed by Pfizer/BioNTech?

Undoubtedly there will be some reservation with so much misinformation from the anti-vaxx cult, as one poster pointed out, however, vaccines are among our best medicines and on this one we have to trust our peer-review system and regulators to get it right.

Yes, that would be correct.

mRNA vaccines don't use inactivated versions of the virus they are a targeting. Instead they provide genetic information based on the genome of the target virus to the bodies cells which can use that information to produce antibodies.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:24 - Nov 10 with 846 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:30 - Nov 10 by bluelagos

I hope you are refering to thoee disturbing your weekend peace rather than those making noise on the interweb.

Oh definitely just those ones.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:29 - Nov 10 with 831 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:46 - Nov 10 by factual_blue

Leave voters.

Tories.

Cyclists.

Motorcyclists.

Papists.

Rapists.

Papist Rapists.

Damn it just outed my alt sign in!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:34 - Nov 10 with 816 viewsfactual_blue

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:38 - Nov 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

My twitter feed and instagram was full of what are normally sane people saying it was rushed and they don't want it. Plenty referring to Thalidomide too. Most wanted to wait 3 or 4 years for it.

So I think we'll be ok.

Thalidomide is a widely-used and very safe medicine, and is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicine.

Just not if pregnant.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Alternative vaccine priority on 10:28 - Nov 10 with 784 viewseastangliaisblue

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:01 - Nov 10 by hype313

Miranda Fans
Michael Mcintyre fans
Taxidermists.

There should be an and before fans!
Alternative vaccine priority on 11:15 - Nov 10 with 760 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:38 - Nov 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

My twitter feed and instagram was full of what are normally sane people saying it was rushed and they don't want it. Plenty referring to Thalidomide too. Most wanted to wait 3 or 4 years for it.

So I think we'll be ok.

As soon as Ryanair and Easyjet announce that only people who have had the two vaccine shots can fly, they'll be pushing and shoving for the vaccine like it's a Sports Direct suitcase on a Benidorm baggage carousel.
Alternative vaccine priority on 11:42 - Nov 10 with 738 viewsFenboyBlue

It's like software upgrades. I never upgrade immediately. Let all the early adopters plough in to brag about it whilst dealing with the bugs. I'll sit back & watch the results and wait for the Service Pack later.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 11:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Alternative vaccine priority on 11:46 - Nov 10 with 735 viewsStokieBlue

Alternative vaccine priority on 11:42 - Nov 10 by FenboyBlue

It's like software upgrades. I never upgrade immediately. Let all the early adopters plough in to brag about it whilst dealing with the bugs. I'll sit back & watch the results and wait for the Service Pack later.

So in other words you expect others to take whatever risks you think there are in order to get the benefits yourself?

SB

Alternative vaccine priority on 11:48 - Nov 10 with 727 viewsFenboyBlue

Alternative vaccine priority on 11:46 - Nov 10 by StokieBlue

So in other words you expect others to take whatever risks you think there are in order to get the benefits yourself?

SB

Yes.
Alternative vaccine priority on 11:50 - Nov 10 with 730 viewshype313

Alternative vaccine priority on 11:46 - Nov 10 by StokieBlue

SB

Jonathan Van Tam when questioned about the 25% of anti vaxxers said yesterday that it still leaves 75% of pro vaxxers and they only need 60% for herd immunity, so selfish people like him are part of the 25% we can forget about.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Alternative vaccine priority on 11:51 - Nov 10 with 723 viewsStokieBlue

Alternative vaccine priority on 11:48 - Nov 10 by FenboyBlue

Yes.

What a lovely attitude.

SB

Alternative vaccine priority on 11:54 - Nov 10 with 723 viewsStokieBlue

Alternative vaccine priority on 11:50 - Nov 10 by hype313

Jonathan Van Tam when questioned about the 25% of anti vaxxers said yesterday that it still leaves 75% of pro vaxxers and they only need 60% for herd immunity, so selfish people like him are part of the 25% we can forget about.

He expects all the benefits without any of the risk and that shouldn't be how life works. People shouldn't expect others to take risks for their benefit if they aren't willing to do that themselves.

I am surprised he cited 60% - I hadn't heard that. Last figures I vaguely remembered were upwards of 80% in order to achieve herd immunity. For measles for instance it's over 90% in order to achieve herd immunity.

SB

Alternative vaccine priority on 12:01 - Nov 10 with 708 viewsRyorry

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:01 - Nov 10 by Keno

Northerners?

Morrisey fans?

People who eat Battenberg?

Tory Voters?

You're happy to lose Northern ITFC fans?!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Alternative vaccine priority on 12:08 - Nov 10 with 697 viewsRyorry

Alternative vaccine priority on 11:42 - Nov 10 by FenboyBlue

How selfish. This virus really has sorted some of the wheat from the chaff - on the one hand key workers carrying on doing their jobs to keep us fed and medically cared for, not to mention people who deliberately placed themselves at extreme risk by volunteering to receive the virus into their own bodies as part of vaccine trials - and on the other hand selfish people like you.

Alternative vaccine priority on 12:14 - Nov 10 with 698 viewsFunge

Here's the thing - I've spent the last 25 years putting all kinds of crap into my body, booze, fast food, and the rest....

What difference is a vaccine shot on top of all of that?

Just crack on with it, say I.

Sorry BL, this is more general comment than a direct response to you.
Alternative vaccine priority on 16:01 - Nov 10 with 644 viewsRyorry

Alternative vaccine priority on 12:14 - Nov 10 by Funge

Here's the thing - I've spent the last 25 years putting all kinds of crap into my body, booze, fast food, and the rest....

What difference is a vaccine shot on top of all of that?

Just crack on with it, say I.

Sorry BL, this is more general comment than a direct response to you.

I once had an endoscopy, and the doc conducting it kindly let me watch on TV through an extra 'scope thing. When I saw the pink inside of my tum so sweetly and innocently working away, I apologised to it & promised that I'd treat it better in future, stop stuffing the crisps & beer down ad lib.

I kept my promise too - for about a month ...

Alternative vaccine priority on 16:20 - Nov 10 with 637 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:46 - Nov 10 by factual_blue

Leave voters.

Tories.

Cyclists.

Motorcyclists.

Papists.

Rapists.

Papist Rapists.

Bad losers....
Alternative vaccine priority on 16:24 - Nov 10 with 626 viewsjeera

Alternative vaccine priority on 16:20 - Nov 10 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

Bad losers....

People who still think the future of the country is some kind of game to be won.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Alternative vaccine priority on 16:32 - Nov 10 with 619 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Alternative vaccine priority on 16:24 - Nov 10 by jeera

People who still think the future of the country is some kind of game to be won.

Folk who take things far too seriously and need to get out more (when lock down is finished of course)
Alternative vaccine priority on 19:38 - Nov 10 with 578 viewsjeera

Alternative vaccine priority on 16:32 - Nov 10 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

Folk who take things far too seriously and need to get out more (when lock down is finished of course)

That doesn't work.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Alternative vaccine priority on 19:57 - Nov 10 with 572 viewsLeoMuff

Alternative vaccine priority on 12:08 - Nov 10 by Ryorry

How selfish. This virus really has sorted some of the wheat from the chaff - on the one hand key workers carrying on doing their jobs to keep us fed and medically cared for, not to mention people who deliberately placed themselves at extreme risk by volunteering to receive the virus into their own bodies as part of vaccine trials - and on the other hand selfish people like you.

He is from the fens, that says it all. Never been to a weirder place in all my days.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Alternative vaccine priority on 20:06 - Nov 10 with 569 viewsTrequartista

Are we going to get 40 million doses just because we've ordered 40 million i wonder. Every country in the world is going to want some of this and they can only supply 50 million doses in total by the end of the year. How many other countries also have orders? I wouldn't be surprised to see America hogging a lot of the doses as they did with the remdesivir.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 21:10]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Alternative vaccine priority on 20:48 - Nov 10 with 541 viewsStokieBlue

Alternative vaccine priority on 20:06 - Nov 10 by Trequartista

Are we going to get 40 million doses just because we've ordered 40 million i wonder. Every country in the world is going to want some of this and they can only supply 50 million doses in total by the end of the year. How many other countries also have orders? I wouldn't be surprised to see America hogging a lot of the doses as they did with the remdesivir.

We have a deal in place for 10m before the end of the year and 40m in total by some point in the first few months of next year.

It's contractual and Trump is gone so I don't think you can say they will nab it all. They quite possibly would have tried under Trump.

SB

Alternative vaccine priority on 20:48 - Nov 10 with 541 viewsjaykay

Alternative vaccine priority on 20:06 - Nov 10 by Trequartista

no its mandatory for the 7o odd million trump supporters to take hydroxychloroquine. so the usa wont need as much

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024