Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... 09:51 - Nov 20 with 6573 viewsitfcjoe

Not named the players

KVY still not training with the squad

Downes a few weeks away

Skuse - Jan-Feb

Norwood and Drinan have trained fully yesterday for the first time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:20 - Nov 20 with 2193 viewsblueislander

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:18 - Nov 20 by catch74

The only issue I’ve got is that Dozzell and Bishop have been two bright sparks this season. There’s a game against Hull on Tuesday we’ll likely miss them both. Chambers has also been excellent - and makes the KVY injury all the worse if he’s out.
We should still beat Shrewsbury though. Hull is important.

Is it just speculation that the two new injuries are to Chambers and Bishop?
2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:21 - Nov 20 with 2184 viewscatch74

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:20 - Nov 20 by blueislander

Is it just speculation that the two new injuries are to Chambers and Bishop?

Hope so.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:23 - Nov 20 with 2170 viewsPlums

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 09:55 - Nov 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

Bishop one, Chambers the other.

If only we hadn’t risked them in those pointless cup games.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:23 - Nov 20 with 2170 viewsJackPITFC

Surely Norwood must have trained fully before coming on against Portsmouth?
2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:24 - Nov 20 with 2158 viewsjudespiveyg

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 09:58 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

Holy
Donacien Woolfenden McGuiness Ward
McGavin
Nolan Huws
Lankester Hawkins Edwards

Cornell
Kenlock
Wilson
Sears
Judge
Jackson
Norwood

Spare
Nsiala
Dobra
Bennetts
Drinan
Plus loads of kids that are old enough and good enough to play elsewhere in this league

Not exactly bare bones
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 10:02]

That midfield doesn't offer any link between defence and strikers, which is kind of a big deal considering we want to play it out from the back, it never works as well when Dozzell isn't playing. Central midfield is the most important position in football so to be undermanned there is more significant. Mcgavin looks like he could be decent and Nolan has moments occasionally but not enough, Huws is finished.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:24 - Nov 20 with 2155 viewsabracaDOBRA_

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:23 - Nov 20 by JackPITFC

Norwood only had one session says PL.
2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:26 - Nov 20 with 2148 viewscatch74

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:23 - Nov 20 by JackPITFC

He struggled at the end of the Portsmouth game - with his other hamstring, so he’s only trained once.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:27 - Nov 20 with 2134 viewsBluefish

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:24 - Nov 20 by judespiveyg

That midfield doesn't offer any link between defence and strikers, which is kind of a big deal considering we want to play it out from the back, it never works as well when Dozzell isn't playing. Central midfield is the most important position in football so to be undermanned there is more significant. Mcgavin looks like he could be decent and Nolan has moments occasionally but not enough, Huws is finished.

That is how Shambert plays

He will pick judge in there anyway

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:28 - Nov 20 with 2127 viewsJackPITFC

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:26 - Nov 20 by catch74

He struggled at the end of the Portsmouth game - with his other hamstring, so he’s only trained once.

Jesus christ, can't make it up, honestly, something seriously wrong with sports science at the club...
2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:28 - Nov 20 with 2123 viewshype313

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:27 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

That is how Shambert plays

He will pick judge in there anyway

I'm secretly hoping that Judge and Nolan are the two injury doubts, but we wouldn't be that lucky.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:29 - Nov 20 with 2115 viewsBluefish

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:28 - Nov 20 by JackPITFC

Jesus christ, can't make it up, honestly, something seriously wrong with sports science at the club...

Yeah same as Man City and Liverpool. All 3 clubs needs to get rid of the owners, the underfunding is criminal

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:29 - Nov 20 with 2119 viewsitfcjoe

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:20 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

I get the feeling Shambert's cat gets kicked everytime he has to put Donacien in the team

I expect we will see all 3 of Sears, Edwards and Judge again and no doubt he will find a way to start phasing Woolf or McGuiness out for Wilson or Toto

Liquid football

Lambert out
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 10:20]

We need Edwards, especially if Bishop is out.

They are the only two players that can beat a man and make something happen in the final third after the stodgy football gets us there.

Those two must have played a part in nearly every single one of our goals this year

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:30 - Nov 20 with 2100 viewsBluefish

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:29 - Nov 20 by itfcjoe

They are the only two players that can beat a man and make something happen in the final third after the stodgy football gets us there.

Those two must have played a part in nearly every single one of our goals this year

One of them does it deliberately as well

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:39 - Nov 20 with 2077 viewsclive_baker

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:29 - Nov 20 by itfcjoe

We need Edwards for sure, and I like seeing Judge's industry in the middle in the absence of Downes. My ideal 3 in there is Downes - Dozzell - Bishop, I think that offers a little bit of everything. For tomorrow, I guess Nolo comes in for Dozzell, with Judge +1. We don't really have anyone who brings what Bishop does to that central midfield though.

Personally if Bishop is injured and with Dozzell suspended it's even more of a case for 4-4-2 tomorrow. I don't think all fixtures are born equal and the 3 man midfield helps accommodate Dozzell, and to a lesser extent Bishop. But without either of them we might as well play to our strengths and go for Norwood and Jackson up top in a 4-4-2 IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:46 - Nov 20 with 2056 viewsitfcjoe

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:39 - Nov 20 by clive_baker

We need Edwards for sure, and I like seeing Judge's industry in the middle in the absence of Downes. My ideal 3 in there is Downes - Dozzell - Bishop, I think that offers a little bit of everything. For tomorrow, I guess Nolo comes in for Dozzell, with Judge +1. We don't really have anyone who brings what Bishop does to that central midfield though.

Personally if Bishop is injured and with Dozzell suspended it's even more of a case for 4-4-2 tomorrow. I don't think all fixtures are born equal and the 3 man midfield helps accommodate Dozzell, and to a lesser extent Bishop. But without either of them we might as well play to our strengths and go for Norwood and Jackson up top in a 4-4-2 IMO.

I'd like to see McGavin get a start in there and push Nolan on a bit - try and get him playing like first few games of the season.

If indeed Bishop is injured, and it ends up being for some time then we are going to really struggle to get the balance right in a 3man midfield

I wonder if we end up going more 4231 with Lankester, or even a Dobra, pushed on

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:49 - Nov 20 with 2038 viewsBluefish

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:46 - Nov 20 by itfcjoe

I'd like to see McGavin get a start in there and push Nolan on a bit - try and get him playing like first few games of the season.

If indeed Bishop is injured, and it ends up being for some time then we are going to really struggle to get the balance right in a 3man midfield

I wonder if we end up going more 4231 with Lankester, or even a Dobra, pushed on

Dobra picked by Shambert

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:56 - Nov 20 with 2016 viewsclive_baker

Wouldn't be averse to McGavin, thought he looked really accomplished against Pompey, against strong opposition. He certainly needs legs and some experience around him, so Nolo and Judge next to him could work.

It might also be a bit of a last chance saloon for Huws of course. If he can't start with Dozzell, Downes, Skuse, Bishop all out then what hope has he got. He's not impressed, but against lesser opposition tomorrow it might be a case of giving him a final chance in that deeper role to sit, with Judge and Nolo ahead of him doing his running.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:58 - Nov 20 with 2012 viewsDennyx4

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 09:58 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

Holy
Donacien Woolfenden McGuiness Ward
McGavin
Nolan Huws
Lankester Hawkins Edwards

Cornell
Kenlock
Wilson
Sears
Judge
Jackson
Norwood

Spare
Nsiala
Dobra
Bennetts
Drinan
Plus loads of kids that are old enough and good enough to play elsewhere in this league

Not exactly bare bones
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 10:02]

Think it is more likely that Woolf plays right back and Nsiala continues in central defence if indeed Chambers is missing.

Just cant see Lambert playing Donacien, but may be wrong.
He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 11:03 - Nov 20 with 1993 viewsitfcjoe

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:56 - Nov 20 by clive_baker

Wouldn't be averse to McGavin, thought he looked really accomplished against Pompey, against strong opposition. He certainly needs legs and some experience around him, so Nolo and Judge next to him could work.

It might also be a bit of a last chance saloon for Huws of course. If he can't start with Dozzell, Downes, Skuse, Bishop all out then what hope has he got. He's not impressed, but against lesser opposition tomorrow it might be a case of giving him a final chance in that deeper role to sit, with Judge and Nolo ahead of him doing his running.

I was amazed Huws didn't get a minute whilst Nolan was suspended as you'd say he is the most like for like replacement in squad and Lankester and Judge got game time in there ahead of him

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 11:13 - Nov 20 with 1948 viewsgordon

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 10:39 - Nov 20 by clive_baker

If Bishop is missing, we'll be wholly dependent on Edwards for attacking impetus / spark, unless Dobra were to play, which is obviously massively unlikely for whatever reason.
2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 11:15 - Nov 20 with 1948 viewsmonty_radio

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:58 - Nov 20 by Dennyx4

Think it is more likely that Woolf plays right back and Nsiala continues in central defence if indeed Chambers is missing.

Just cant see Lambert playing Donacien, but may be wrong.

Certainly doesn't seem to rate Donacien, but has, and I think will play him rather than move Wolfenden.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 11:18 - Nov 20 with 1935 viewsHerbivore

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 11:13 - Nov 20 by gordon

If Bishop is missing, we'll be wholly dependent on Edwards for attacking impetus / spark, unless Dobra were to play, which is obviously massively unlikely for whatever reason.

The reason Dobra isn't playing is that we have a charlatan for a manager, who seemingly doesn't know how to set a team up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 11:19 - Nov 20 with 1936 viewsbrazil1982

2 more injuries according to EADT - sounds like bare bones... on 10:04 - Nov 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

Lambert asked if he will play this season: 'I hope so' the response.

We struglled with injuries in a normal season, let alone a schedule like this.

I don't think we'll see KVY play for us ever again.
He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 11:27 - Nov 20 with 1918 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 11:18 - Nov 20 by Herbivore

The reason Dobra isn't playing is that we have a charlatan for a manager, who seemingly doesn't know how to set a team up.

"Think it's a stretch to say the young players have more footballing intelligence... Dobra has made one league appearance and got sent off."

- Mr H. Erbivore, start of the season.

What's Dobra done since that now makes Lambert a charlatan for not picking him?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

He'll play Judge at RB. (n/t) on 11:51 - Nov 20 with 1859 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would do something like that. Went 4-4-1-1 at Sunderland.

Holy
Donacien - Woolfenden - McGuinness - Ward
Judge - Nolan - Huws - Edwards
Lankester
Hawkins

---------------------------------------------------------------

Holy
Donacien - McGuinness - Woolfenden - Ward
Nolan - McGavin - Judge
Lankester - Hawkins - Edwards

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024