Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TEAM: FOUR CHANGES 18:00 - Nov 24 with 1988 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 18:05]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:17 - Nov 24 with 277 viewsSteve_M

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:02 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

It was all going so well until I got to Judge.

How Judge and Sears are on the pitch ahead of Lankester and Jackson I don't really know.

Maybe Jackson is tired and perhaps Judge in midfield is there for the experience. Still don't understand why Jackson can't play wide.

Nice to see Bennetts getting a start.

I guess given the circumstances it's probably a sensible line-up. COYB.

SB
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 18:06]

There are a lot of players who haven't played a lot of football this season in that squad - Norwood, Jackson, Lankester in particular. Sears is in for his experience and tracking back rather than his attacking threat I expect.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:18 - Nov 24 with 276 viewspointofblue

It’s been overlooked but nice to see Drinan on the bench.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:19 - Nov 24 with 273 viewsSwansea_Blue

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:15 - Nov 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Why on earth are there 4 strikers when there's only one spot available (although Jackson can be a replacement winger I guess). Surely we're not that much down to the bare bones?!

I'd argue Jackson should be viewed as that replacement winger before the loan striker role. Not that Lambo would listen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:20 - Nov 24 with 257 viewscatch74

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:18 - Nov 24 by pointofblue

Yes - very good point.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:20 - Nov 24 with 259 viewsreusersfreekicks

5 central midfielders unavailable - crazy.
Yep Dobra on bench for one of the strikers. Maybe Jackson will get a chance on the wing for a change?
TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:22 - Nov 24 with 244 viewsgetawig

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:18 - Nov 24 by pointofblue

Nice to see Drinnin back but surely he should have played a hour for the under23s this afternoon and Dobra taking his place on the bench ?
TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:23 - Nov 24 with 242 viewsPJH

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:17 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

I think Lambert is seeing JL as a central midfielder

Which is a bit of a shame because he is probably potentially our best wide player, if he is not already.
TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:29 - Nov 24 with 201 viewspointofblue

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:22 - Nov 24 by getawig

Nice to see Drinnin back but surely he should have played a hour for the under23s this afternoon and Dobra taking his place on the bench ?

Yes, good point, get him back to match fitness that way.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:30 - Nov 24 with 198 viewsScuzzer

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:15 - Nov 24 by IpswichKnight

Compared to goal at Sunderland and winner on Saturday who’s sitting on the bench.

but you said that Bennetts had zero end product...keep up.

Established 1968

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:31 - Nov 24 with 191 viewsGarv

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:02 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

It was all going so well until I got to Judge.

How Judge and Sears are on the pitch ahead of Lankester and Jackson I don't really know.

Maybe Jackson is tired and perhaps Judge in midfield is there for the experience. Still don't understand why Jackson can't play wide.

Nice to see Bennetts getting a start.

I guess given the circumstances it's probably a sensible line-up. COYB.

SB
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 18:06]

You've answered your own question re Judge. And as much as he didn't have a good game the other day, he was the one that had the chance/shot that led to the goal.

Lankester is a great option to have off the bench. Huws doesn't seem to flourish having that role so we may see them swapped during the second half.

Great to have Norwood in there to ruffle some feathers and Bennetts for some much needed ball carrying.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:38 - Nov 24 with 166 viewsDarth_Koont

Decent otherwise but a random-looking attack. Having said that our attacks have looked pretty random so better to lean into it with Norwood and Bennetts who look like they’ll try to do a lot on their own anyway.

The good news is that there’s a decent opportunity to really switch things around off the bench if this goes tits up.

Pronouns: He/Him

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 18:44 - Nov 24 with 150 viewsHerbivore

A returning Drinan on the bench alongside two other strikers when we only play one up top? Has Dobra been visiting Mrs Lambert or something? Judge and Sears picked again after a poor showing at the weekend. Judge central is understandable in the circumstances I guess but not sure how Sears keeps getting picked. Given we're not going to control the midfield I'd have preferred Jackson in there to give us some pace in behind and on the counter.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TEAM: FOUR CHANGES on 19:04 - Nov 24 with 112 viewsBlueandTruesince82

All the criticism of Sears is on the wing is spot on... but Indo think if he just had a run through the middle he'd do well. He's just not a winger, never has been.

Remember a chap called Murphy... he was stuck in the wing as a striker and was bobbins then Mick put him up top and low and behold... Mick gave himself a pat on the back on some top managing and rightly so... he took great pleasure in reminding us all regularly..... then did the reverse with Freddy and couldn't work out why... worse he then convinced every manager out there that Sears is a winger and he's been stuck there since.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024