Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Rosenior 09:16 - Nov 26 with 879 viewsitfcjoe

Desperate to be a manager, may not get the Derby one.

Ex-player here, briefly.

Always sounds very bright and articulate, great article with him here:

https://theathletic.com/2208294/?source=ukdfb

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Liam Rosenior on 09:17 - Nov 26 with 740 viewsHerbivore

Sure, why not. At this point I'll take pretty much anyone that's not Lambert.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Liam Rosenior on 09:21 - Nov 26 with 708 viewsMrTown

Athletic worth a sub Joe?

Always liked the look of it. £3.99 for 6 months.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Liam Rosenior on 09:23 - Nov 26 with 693 viewsclive_baker

I don't think we can go with someone completely unproven, at this juncture. We need someone who can hit the ground running with a demonstrable record of getting sides promoted.

Cook would be an excellent appointment.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Liam Rosenior on 09:24 - Nov 26 with 677 viewsMonkeyAlan

No.
Liam Rosenior on 09:27 - Nov 26 with 659 viewsitfcjoe

Liam Rosenior on 09:21 - Nov 26 by MrTown

Athletic worth a sub Joe?

Always liked the look of it. £3.99 for 6 months.

It's really good, so much content - but if it is ITFC stuff then not really

I really like him..... on 09:29 - Nov 26 with 658 viewsBloots

...I know the sentimental "unproven" vote goes to Dyer, but Rosenior appears to be miles ahead of him in terms of presence and communication style.

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I really like him..... on 09:35 - Nov 26 with 629 viewsitfcjoe

I really like him..... on 09:29 - Nov 26 by Bloots

...I know the sentimental "unproven" vote goes to Dyer, but Rosenior appears to be miles ahead of him in terms of presence and communication style.

Lambert out.

Dyer has the advantage of knowing how the club works from the inside and that isn't to be sniffed at - but Rosenior is a serious contender for good jobs at the moment.

May not be the right shout, but think he's one that if he were to be interviewed would blow Evans' socks off

Liam Rosenior on 09:36 - Nov 26 with 607 viewsHerbivore

Liam Rosenior on 09:23 - Nov 26 by clive_baker

I don't think we can go with someone completely unproven, at this juncture. We need someone who can hit the ground running with a demonstrable record of getting sides promoted.

Cook would be an excellent appointment.

Those kinds of appointments haven't worked out brilliantly for us thus far under Evans.

Login to get fewer ads

I really like him..... on 09:38 - Nov 26 with 596 viewsbrazil1982

I really like him..... on 09:35 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

Dyer has the advantage of knowing how the club works from the inside and that isn't to be sniffed at - but Rosenior is a serious contender for good jobs at the moment.

May not be the right shout, but think he's one that if he were to be interviewed would blow Evans' socks off

I wonder who does the interviewing?
I really like him..... on 09:38 - Nov 26 with 598 viewsHerbivore

I've just had a horrible thought, we're going to end up with Tim Sherwood aren't we?

I really like him..... on 09:38 - Nov 26 with 603 viewsBlueBadger

I really like him..... on 09:29 - Nov 26 by Bloots

Lambert out.

At the moment, I like the idea of Dyer a lot more than what the reality would be - a rookie manager, thrown in utterly unsupported by an owner looking for a PR boost rather than asking the hard questions.

For Dyer to stand a chance at success, we'd need to restructure the club properly.
And the ideal time to have one that was when Mick(sigh) left.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 9:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Liam Rosenior on 09:38 - Nov 26 with 596 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we are going for unproven, I would go for Dyer.

Having said that, I wouldnt be against someone like Rosenior as opposed to the usual merrygo round participants.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I really like him..... on 09:39 - Nov 26 with 588 viewsBlueBadger

I really like him..... on 09:38 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

I've just had a horrible thought, we're going to end up with Tim Sherwood aren't we?

You c*nt, you've ruined my day and it's not even 10.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Liam Rosenior on 09:39 - Nov 26 with 584 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Liam Rosenior on 09:36 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

Those kinds of appointments haven't worked out brilliantly for us thus far under Evans.

Agreed.

I have seen people suggesting Nigel Adkins.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I really like him..... on 09:40 - Nov 26 with 578 viewsHerbivore

I really like him..... on 09:39 - Nov 26 by BlueBadger

You c*nt, you've ruined my day and it's not even 10.

Mate, I've ruined my own day. Damn it.

I really like him..... on 09:41 - Nov 26 with 565 viewsBlueBadger

I really like him..... on 09:40 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

Mate, I've ruined my own day. Damn it.

You bloody deserve it.

I really like him..... on 09:41 - Nov 26 with 567 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Indeed, a point well made in your post yesterday;

David Artell by itfcjoe 25 Nov 2020 14:55
My concern with Artell is that he was at Crewe as Academy Manager for 2 and a half years before going in to be first team manager - I think sometimes it is underestimated how big a help that is to hit the ground running. Every club is unique, and knowing everything about it is a big help to start from.

We are a step back for the Cowley's no doubt - they were bought out of their Lincoln contract by Huddersfield for a serious amount of money - and now would find themselves back in League 1.

But they are local, and we are a big club at this level with potential - if they can get us up and competing at the right end of the division above then they will be highly sought after - their alternative is to wait for a Championship relegation candidate and try and work their magic to save them again

The contenders for the Derby job are..... on 09:44 - Nov 26 with 542 viewsBloots

....all over the place, ranging from Rooney and Rosenior to Big Sam and Pearson.

With McClaren being installed in a DoF type role, then surely they will be going for the unproven route.

As you say, if you were interviewing Rooney next to Rosenior, Rooney wouldn't stand a chance, I feel the same would happen to Dyer.

Something about Dyer being a manager doesn't feel quite right to me, but I can't put my finger on it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Liam Rosenior on 09:46 - Nov 26 with 527 viewsElderGrizzly

Liam Rosenior on 09:27 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

It's really good, so much content - but if it is ITFC stuff then not really

They’ve got an offer for £12 for a year
The contenders for the Derby job are..... on 09:46 - Nov 26 with 525 viewsBlueBadger

The contenders for the Derby job are..... on 09:44 - Nov 26 by Bloots

....all over the place, ranging from Rooney and Rosenior to Big Sam and Pearson.

With McClaren being installed in a DoF type role, then surely they will be going for the unproven route.

As you say, if you were interviewing Rooney next to Rosenior, Rooney wouldn't stand a chance, I feel the same would happen to Dyer.

Something about Dyer being a manager doesn't feel quite right to me, but I can't put my finger on it.

Rooney is VERY famous, though.

I really like him..... on 09:47 - Nov 26 with 526 viewsDyland

I really like him..... on 09:38 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

Knowing Evans, he has a short list of Sherwood, Megson and Crazee.

I'd genuinely go for the mascot out of these three. I mean, for real.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I really like him..... on 09:49 - Nov 26 with 508 viewsSwansea_Blue

I really like him..... on 09:47 - Nov 26 by Dyland

Knowing Evans, he has a short list of Sherwood, Megson and Crazee.

I'd genuinely go for the mascot out of these three. I mean, for real.

You just know h'd get the wrong Crazee and we'd end up with Ipswich_Crazy

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The contenders for the Derby job are..... on 09:50 - Nov 26 with 495 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The contenders for the Derby job are..... on 09:46 - Nov 26 by BlueBadger

Rooney is VERY famous, though.

No point interviewing Rooney, even if he interviewed well, he will only take a job where he has a significant transfer budget. A la Lampard and Gerrard.

I really like him..... on 09:52 - Nov 26 with 486 viewsBlueBadger

I really like him..... on 09:49 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

You just know h'd get the wrong Crazee and we'd end up with Ipswich_Crazy

God. I reckon dear old Crazy would probably hire Lambert to be his assistant. I think he's about the only person left who still thinks he's up to the job, bless him.

Liam Rosenior on 10:01 - Nov 26 with 458 viewsclive_baker

Liam Rosenior on 09:36 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

That's fair. It depends on timings to some extent. If ME does the inevitable wait until March when we're 7 points off the playoffs and in terrible form then we might as well give it to someone young and unproven, give them the rest of the season to make some decisions on the squad and full licence in the summer to shape it as they see fit. I think if the decision was made in the next month or so and the remit for the new manager was very much about promotion this season, I would feel less confident with a Rosenior compared to a Cook or a Cowley.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024