Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I suspect Marcus Evans is skint 09:20 - Dec 2 with 2917 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 09:20 - Dec 2 with 2910 viewsKieran_Knows

With the greatest of respect, I very doubt he’s short of a pound or two, regardless of his current companies situations.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 09:22 - Dec 2 with 2888 viewsTieDyedIn95

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 09:20 - Dec 2 by Kieran_Knows

With the greatest of respect, I very doubt he’s short of a pound or two, regardless of his current companies situations.

He'll have most of his resources in various pots and projects all over, which is part of the problem from the ownership side of things is this club is a job that needs 100% commitment, it needs to be THE job for whoever owns it, not just part of a portfolio.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 09:43 - Dec 2 with 2812 viewsGuthrum

But he may well be short of the millions that paying off a Manager-plus-back-room team on long, well-paid contracts could require, on top of hiring their replacements and funding the club when it has lost a large slice of the regular income.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 09:47 - Dec 2 with 2788 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 09:43 - Dec 2 by Guthrum

But he may well be short of the millions that paying off a Manager-plus-back-room team on long, well-paid contracts could require, on top of hiring their replacements and funding the club when it has lost a large slice of the regular income.

Obviously not an ideal time to make such changes but the alternative (not getting promoted) is going to be much more costly.

It would cost around £1m to break the contracts of Lambert and his direct staff.
I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 09:48 - Dec 2 with 2785 viewsclive_baker

I'm sure Covid has had a significant impact on his businesses, as you say given he operates in some of the worst hit industries such as conferences and corporate events.

Having said that, if he was truly disengaged with ITFC I would question why someone of his personal wealth would spend their Saturday afternoons watching the sort of crap we're serving up, and his Tuesday nights getting cold in Oxford watching last nights dross. Whether its financial, reputational or emotional, there's certainly something there keeping him engaged and I dare say he won't be best pleased with recent events on or off the field.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 10:02 - Dec 2 with 2733 viewsMossy

Not sure that's true. He is investing 10m to cover the covid losses.

Blog: [Blog] This Club May Not Be Rotten But We Can't Carry On Like This

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 10:06 - Dec 2 with 2709 viewsCoco

The same way Sir Phillip Green is skint?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 10:08 - Dec 2 with 2700 viewsStokieBlue

What investment can he make? There is a salary cap which we are already at/above.

I can't believe there isn't a break clause in there - 2 years salary or whatever.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 10:10 - Dec 2 with 2685 viewsCoco

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 10:08 - Dec 2 by StokieBlue

What investment can he make? There is a salary cap which we are already at/above.

I can't believe there isn't a break clause in there - 2 years salary or whatever.

SB

There surely is. He was smart enough to add relo clauses to all the player (he knew something) so assume Lambert's has multiple break clauses much like Pardews '10 year' contract at Newcastle.

It may also have extension triggers.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 10:14 - Dec 2 with 2665 viewstractor_lady

I would love to be as “skint” as ME :-)
I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 12:12 - Dec 2 with 2541 viewsEl_Fenix

His personal assets, unless pledged as collateral, are not at risk. Mr. Evans will remain very wealthy, whatever happens to his companies.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 12:49 - Dec 2 with 2433 viewsfergalsharkey

Look at his companies performances online.

He is bolloxed.

Go on companies House and look for Marcus Evans group and companies he is involved in.

Poll: Cook out?

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 13:22 - Dec 2 with 2361 viewsMonkeyAlan

He isn't skint .Far from it. Most of his wealth is off shore. No one really knows what he is worth, although it's been said in the past he is actually a billionaire. He has his fingers in a lot of pies.
I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 13:44 - Dec 2 with 2292 viewsfergalsharkey

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 13:22 - Dec 2 by MonkeyAlan

He isn't skint .Far from it. Most of his wealth is off shore. No one really knows what he is worth, although it's been said in the past he is actually a billionaire. He has his fingers in a lot of pies.

personal wealth yes but money in his companies see for yourself!
Barely afloat.

Poll: Cook out?

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 13:45 - Dec 2 with 2287 viewsBent_double

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 09:43 - Dec 2 by Guthrum

Would he need to actually pay out a lump sum to PL and all the backroom staff on the day they leave though? Probably not, given the current situation he could agree to defer the payments for a few months - at least until January when a player sale could fund it.

And what if any of them are re-employed in a similar capacity, similar wages soon after (someone might be daft enough!) - wouldn't that negate the need to pay all the compensation?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 14:33 - Dec 2 with 2221 viewsBryanPlug

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 13:44 - Dec 2 by fergalsharkey

Barely afloat.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 14:39 - Dec 2 with 2201 viewsWeWereZombies

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 14:33 - Dec 2 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

'barley making a profit', now you are sorting the wheat from the chaff...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 14:42 - Dec 2 with 2185 viewstractorboy1978

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 13:44 - Dec 2 by fergalsharkey

Barely afloat.

You can only see his companies in England & Wales which make up a small % of his group. His ultimate parent company and plenty of others are registered in other jurisdictions for tax reasons among others. To be honest, you can't really tell anything from looking at the UK companies alone.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 14:45]
I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 14:47 - Dec 2 with 2152 viewsblueislander

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 13:22 - Dec 2 by MonkeyAlan

You said this the other day about his wealth being "offshore" , and I asked you how you knew this and what do you understand by "offshore" . You didn't answer. Would you care to now?
I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 14:51 - Dec 2 with 2142 viewsblueislander

He is fortunate in that his main activities are in the conference and event industry, and these are relatively easy and inexpensive to downsize , so they don't haemorrhage money. He is , of course , suffering from the lack of income.
I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 15:32 - Dec 2 with 2065 viewsKesgrave_Exile

It all depends on whether he has a event cancellation policy or business interruption policy which does not exclude global pandemic such as covid. If he has the necessary insurance cover he might be ok but I doubt it has paid out.
I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 15:34 - Dec 2 with 2059 viewshype313

I suspect Marcus Evans is skint on 15:32 - Dec 2 by Kesgrave_Exile

It all depends on whether he has a event cancellation policy or business interruption policy which does not exclude global pandemic such as covid. If he has the necessary insurance cover he might be ok but I doubt it has paid out.

From what I have read, the only Business/Sporting corporation that had that policy was Wimbledon.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024