Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use 22:35 - Dec 8 with 4452 viewsSimon68

Ok, so the club have allocated Saturdays 2000 tickets and yes I missed out but surely they could have rewarded loyal supporters better.

Surely the first 2000 tickets could have been allocated based on how long each season ticket holder has been a season ticket holder, that way giving the first “historical” match back in front of a home crowd to those of us who have had ST’s for years.

Why should Joe Bloggs down the road who got his first ever season ticket in August this year have a ticket for Saturday whilst those of us who have had season tickets 20 years plus miss out.

The club missed a chance to repair some of the damage between them and us loyal supporters in my opinion.

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:36 - Dec 8 with 2351 viewsfactual_blue

Stop the steal.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:39 - Dec 8 with 2336 viewsJ2BLUE

They can't really have two classes of ST holder. You either are one or you aren't. I think it would have done more harm than good.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:39 - Dec 8 with 2335 viewsKeno

Has there been a data breach here?

How do you know Joe Bloggs has only had his season ticket a year
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 22:40]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:42 - Dec 8 with 2308 viewsStokieBlue

That all reads like sour grapes to be honest.

What if Joe Bloggs is 16 and just bought his first season ticket, why should you have preference over him. You are basically saying older people should have more weighting than younger people.

It's a ridiculous position to take as is saying they missed a chance to repair some damage. You're just having a moan because you didn't get lucky this time.

Fans are fans, you are implying some are better than others and it's massively wrong.

SB
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 22:43]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:44 - Dec 8 with 2297 viewsKeno

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:42 - Dec 8 by StokieBlue

That all reads like sour grapes to be honest.

What if Joe Bloggs is 16 and just bought his first season ticket, why should you have preference over him. You are basically saying older people should have more weighting than younger people.

It's a ridiculous position to take as is saying they missed a chance to repair some damage. You're just having a moan because you didn't get lucky this time.

Fans are fans, you are implying some are better than others and it's massively wrong.

SB
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 22:43]

OMG!!

The data breach just got worse now we know his age!!!

Do the club know about this

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:45 - Dec 8 with 2293 viewsSpruceMoose

Why shouldn't Joe Bloggs, who may well only be now old enough to buy his own season ticket, and may well have paid more for his this year than you have, not get a seat?

You could just as easily say if you've been going longer you've seen more games, give someone else a chance.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:51 - Dec 8 with 2264 viewsdanose

how many people realistically got a season ticket for the first time this season? of all the seasons!
Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:56 - Dec 8 with 2226 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't think that potentially discriminating based on age is fairer.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:00 - Dec 8 with 2205 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure how old the original poster is but my guess would be that no one under 40 would get a ticket if his idea was taken seriously. more importantly families would be divided, fathers being allocated tickets but not other members of the household.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:00 - Dec 8 with 2196 viewsSpruceMoose

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:56 - Dec 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think that potentially discriminating based on age is fairer.

Agree to agree.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:01 - Dec 8 with 2192 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:04 - Dec 8 with 2175 viewsWarkystache

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:00 - Dec 8 by SpruceMoose

Agree to agree.

On a more serious note, hope Troy's OK? His last few messages sounded a bit worrying when he'd heard he'd been unsuccessful.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:08 - Dec 8 with 2144 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:00 - Dec 8 by SpruceMoose

Agree to agree.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:09 - Dec 8 with 2132 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 22:39 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

They can't really have two classes of ST holder. You either are one or you aren't. I think it would have done more harm than good.

J2BLUE I think he deserves a red card

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:11 - Dec 8 with 2133 viewsSpruceMoose

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:04 - Dec 8 by Warkystache

On a more serious note, hope Troy's OK? His last few messages sounded a bit worrying when he'd heard he'd been unsuccessful.

Not to be dismissive but if you have ever seen any of his other social media postings it's something he's said frequently before, and to my knowledge thankfully something he's never meant. He tweeted 30 minutes ago about 'bringing on Tuesday' too, so i wouldn't worry too much.

If he's being serious then clearly he needs help. Getting off Twitter, which has been offered as advice to him many times on here, would be an extremely good first step for him.

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:19 - Dec 8 with 2097 viewsWarkystache

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:11 - Dec 8 by SpruceMoose

Not to be dismissive but if you have ever seen any of his other social media postings it's something he's said frequently before, and to my knowledge thankfully something he's never meant. He tweeted 30 minutes ago about 'bringing on Tuesday' too, so i wouldn't worry too much.

If he's being serious then clearly he needs help. Getting off Twitter, which has been offered as advice to him many times on here, would be an extremely good first step for him.

Thanks for that Spruce. I don't use other social media platforms that much so to see someone threatening to end it all on here came as a bit of an unsettling shock. Especially over a crap game of footy at PR.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:22 - Dec 8 with 2093 viewspelles321

Not sure you could do it fairer than a raffle, with those successful having less chance next time. I’m gutted to have missed out too, but not fair to try and claim super fan status because I’m disappointed. Just means more chance of getting a Burton ticket.

My only hope is that those who have been successful use the opportunity to support the team as much as possible.
Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:22 - Dec 8 with 2095 viewsJ2BLUE

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:11 - Dec 8 by SpruceMoose

Unfortunately it's part of the condition (which I wouldn't mention if he hadn't been open about it himself) to take minor setbacks really quite badly. He will soon feel better.

Agree about Twitter, it's a toxic influence on him although there are quite a few, including Blue Action (I think), who look out for him.

Truly impaired.

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:23 - Dec 8 with 2082 viewsSpruceMoose

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:19 - Dec 8 by Warkystache

Thanks for that Spruce. I don't use other social media platforms that much so to see someone threatening to end it all on here came as a bit of an unsettling shock. Especially over a crap game of footy at PR.

I feel the same way bud. I'm sure Troy feels the disappointment of not getting a ticket keenly. Hopefully he will have better luck in the future and give himself something to look forward to. I don't mean to make light of what he's feeling, I'm just saying I've seen him say the same thing a lot in the past.

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:26 - Dec 8 with 2063 viewsDublinBlue84

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:22 - Dec 8 by pelles321

Not sure you could do it fairer than a raffle, with those successful having less chance next time. I’m gutted to have missed out too, but not fair to try and claim super fan status because I’m disappointed. Just means more chance of getting a Burton ticket.

My only hope is that those who have been successful use the opportunity to support the team as much as possible.

The fairest way to do it going forward after the first couple of ballots is to assign tickets to those who have attended the least number of matches so far who are in the relevant ballot.

For example, if after 6 ballots you have some people who have attended 1, 2 and 3 games, then when it comes to allocating tickets for the 7th ballot the following priority should be used

1. Those who have attended zero games
if any remaining tickets
2. Those who have attended one game
if any remaining tickets
3. Those who have attended two games
if any remaining tickets
4. Those who h ave attended three games

If the club are not doing this then you'd have to question why, because that's far more fairer than looking at the last time someone attended a game, which may have been their first game through no fault of their own, but someone else's third, which is where the whole idea of putting someone who attended a game to the back of the queue falls down.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 23:27]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:27 - Dec 8 with 2052 viewsJ2BLUE

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:26 - Dec 8 by DublinBlue84

The fairest way to do it going forward after the first couple of ballots is to assign tickets to those who have attended the least number of matches so far who are in the relevant ballot.

For example, if after 6 ballots you have some people who have attended 1, 2 and 3 games, then when it comes to allocating tickets for the 7th ballot the following priority should be used

1. Those who have attended zero games
if any remaining tickets
2. Those who have attended one game
if any remaining tickets
3. Those who have attended two games
if any remaining tickets
4. Those who h ave attended three games

If the club are not doing this then you'd have to question why, because that's far more fairer than looking at the last time someone attended a game, which may have been their first game through no fault of their own, but someone else's third, which is where the whole idea of putting someone who attended a game to the back of the queue falls down.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 23:27]

I think once you get a ticket you are out of the ballot until you're cycled back in?

Truly impaired.

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:32 - Dec 8 with 2026 viewsDublinBlue84

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:27 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

I think once you get a ticket you are out of the ballot until you're cycled back in?

Yes, but the problem with doing it in cycles is it just looks at when the last time someone attended a game was, rather than how many games that person has actually attended.

EG for a ballot for say game 9:
Person A attends games 1, 3 and 7 having entered all ballots.
Person B attends games 4 and 8 as they couldn't make some of other games.

In a cycle system person A has preference over person B despite having attended more games than person A, whereas a system that is based on giving preference to those who have attended the least games give preference to person B.

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:36 - Dec 8 with 2008 viewsJ2BLUE

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:32 - Dec 8 by DublinBlue84

Yes, but the problem with doing it in cycles is it just looks at when the last time someone attended a game was, rather than how many games that person has actually attended.

EG for a ballot for say game 9:
Person A attends games 1, 3 and 7 having entered all ballots.
Person B attends games 4 and 8 as they couldn't make some of other games.

In a cycle system person A has preference over person B despite having attended more games than person A, whereas a system that is based on giving preference to those who have attended the least games give preference to person B.

Not sure i'm understanding what you mean. How would people attend more games?

Say there are 9000 ST holders, the next ballot will be between the 7000 and the next 5000 etc?

Obviously not all will apply but you know what I mean.

Truly impaired.

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:46 - Dec 8 with 1971 viewsDublinBlue84

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:36 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

Not sure i'm understanding what you mean. How would people attend more games?

Say there are 9000 ST holders, the next ballot will be between the 7000 and the next 5000 etc?

Obviously not all will apply but you know what I mean.

You're making the assumption that everyone is in every ballot, they're not going to be which is where it starts to become tricky.

For example I cannot make the two home games after Portsmouth, which means that by the time I get to see my first game, it will be the second game of some people.

If I go to the back of the queue at that point, as I attended that game, I'm effectively being treated the same as someone who has seen two games who also attended that game, whereas in reality I'd argue I should be ahead of them as I've attended less games.

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:48 - Dec 8 with 1959 viewsSeablu

Ballot - A Fairer Way To Allocate Tickets that Club failed to use on 23:00 - Dec 8 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure how old the original poster is but my guess would be that no one under 40 would get a ticket if his idea was taken seriously. more importantly families would be divided, fathers being allocated tickets but not other members of the household.

I’m guessing his username gives a strong hint.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024