Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing 10:35 - Dec 15 with 3787 viewsElderGrizzly

Will be interesting to see how the two main parties position themselves here

[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 10:36]
Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 16:12 - Dec 15 with 440 views26_Paz

We’ve all been living under this for a year. I really don’t think 3 households mixing for a few days is that much of a push. People can make their own decisions. If they don’t want to take the risk they don’t have to. If they assess the risk as worth taking then it’s up to them.
Personally, my household, my brother’s and our parents (they’re in the 60s so not massively high risk) will be mixing 24th - 27th. We’re all aware of the risks (not particularly high to any of us) and have considered it worth taking.

The Paz Man

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 16:15 - Dec 15 with 445 viewsMookamoo

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 15:23 - Dec 15 by jontysnut

we were going to have my 88 year old dad and the 93/84 in laws in as safe as way as we could - no close contact, no help yourself on the table, windows open etc but now we're thinking is it really worth it? Just put it off and have Christmas in February.

I think the the crux of the debate is if the Government should take that decision out of your hands and not allow mixing.

It will interesting to know how many are going to go ahead regardless of any review and reconsideration of restrictions.
Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 16:44 - Dec 15 with 410 viewsfactual_blue

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 13:13 - Dec 15 by ElderGrizzly

Looks like the options being discussed are:

- cutting the Christmas period for exemptions from five days to three,
- or cutting bubbles from three households to two

Or....whoever is in your house on Christmas Day has to stay there until 30 January, and can't leave the building.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:01 - Dec 15 with 378 views26_Paz

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 16:44 - Dec 15 by factual_blue

Or....whoever is in your house on Christmas Day has to stay there until 30 January, and can't leave the building.

Think that would see the murder rate higher than any Covid figures!

The Paz Man

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:11 - Dec 15 with 380 viewsDyland

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 16:12 - Dec 15 by 26_Paz

We’ve all been living under this for a year. I really don’t think 3 households mixing for a few days is that much of a push. People can make their own decisions. If they don’t want to take the risk they don’t have to. If they assess the risk as worth taking then it’s up to them.
Personally, my household, my brother’s and our parents (they’re in the 60s so not massively high risk) will be mixing 24th - 27th. We’re all aware of the risks (not particularly high to any of us) and have considered it worth taking.

And you're fine of course if one of you needs hospital treatment (Covid related or not) in January but there's inadequate resources to look after you properly.

And never mind the NHS staff who've been "living under this for a year (sic)", eh?

This is the issue.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:33 - Dec 15 with 356 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 16:12 - Dec 15 by 26_Paz

I speak as someone who is now on my seventh day of isolation after a positive test last week. Fortunately, neither Mrs Pinewood nor i have had severe symptoms, although it's been pretty bloody debilitating for us both so far. I'm 60 today, so have officially become one of the vulnerable members of society. I have been sh1tting myself in case i had infected anyone i work for in the week or so before symptoms first showed. Luckily, very luckily, none have become ill.
I have no idea where i contracted the virus, had been cautious and following the guidelines pretty damn closely. With this in mind, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why mixing households is not a wise move.
The rules/guidelines for the festive season really are stupid in the grand scheme of things considering how irresponsible many people are going to be. Surely we should be binning Christmas off and having a very low key yule.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:37 - Dec 15 with 342 views26_Paz

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:11 - Dec 15 by Dyland

And you're fine of course if one of you needs hospital treatment (Covid related or not) in January but there's inadequate resources to look after you properly.

And never mind the NHS staff who've been "living under this for a year (sic)", eh?

This is the issue.

As I’ve said, we’ve all assessed the risk and are fine with it. As long as people act within the guidelines I don’t think their personal choices should really attract any criticism from others

The Paz Man

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:38 - Dec 15 with 337 views26_Paz

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:33 - Dec 15 by StochesStotasBlewe

I speak as someone who is now on my seventh day of isolation after a positive test last week. Fortunately, neither Mrs Pinewood nor i have had severe symptoms, although it's been pretty bloody debilitating for us both so far. I'm 60 today, so have officially become one of the vulnerable members of society. I have been sh1tting myself in case i had infected anyone i work for in the week or so before symptoms first showed. Luckily, very luckily, none have become ill.
I have no idea where i contracted the virus, had been cautious and following the guidelines pretty damn closely. With this in mind, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why mixing households is not a wise move.
The rules/guidelines for the festive season really are stupid in the grand scheme of things considering how irresponsible many people are going to be. Surely we should be binning Christmas off and having a very low key yule.

Hope all are ok. Agreed, a low key Yule is in order and this has been mandated by the rules preventing mixing with more than another two households.

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:40 - Dec 15 with 340 viewsjeera

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:33 - Dec 15 by StochesStotasBlewe

Glad you and the missus are doing well.

Good news indeed!

Happy birthday.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:43 - Dec 15 with 342 viewsDyland

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:37 - Dec 15 by 26_Paz

As I’ve said, we’ve all assessed the risk and are fine with it. As long as people act within the guidelines I don’t think their personal choices should really attract any criticism from others

You miss the point, and the wider picture.

The guidelines are toilet.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:45 - Dec 15 with 329 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:40 - Dec 15 by jeera

Glad you and the missus are doing well.

Good news indeed!

Happy birthday.

Cheers chap.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:48 - Dec 15 with 320 viewsRyorry

Wishing you all much better very soon Pinewoodbb.

Maybe defer 'proper' birthday celebrations to June 15th?!

Hope you're having an OK one today anyway. Would 3 points tonight help, or ?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:53 - Dec 15 with 312 viewsJ2BLUE

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:37 - Dec 15 by 26_Paz

I'm hoping the government get their sh1t together and tell people it can't happen. We're a few months away from being in a much better place. It's an unnecessary risk.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:54 - Dec 15 with 309 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:48 - Dec 15 by Ryorry

Wishing you all much better very soon Pinewoodbb.

Maybe defer 'proper' birthday celebrations to June 15th?!

Hope you're having an OK one today anyway. Would 3 points tonight help, or ?

Thanks.
Indeed, celebrating next summer.
Been a decent day tbf.
Chinese, Merlot and 3 points tonight.

Lambert out.

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:54 - Dec 15 with 308 viewseireblue

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:11 - Dec 15 by Dyland

This is the issue.

I am sure that Paz, like me, is so surprised that this Covid-19 malarkey is still a thing.

With everybody being responsible and just assessing their risk, taking sensible precautions and you know using common sense, why hasn’t CV-19 just gone away.

Something weird must be going on. Either that or people are just stupidly passing on the infection and as long as they are okay, they are not bothered.
Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 18:05 - Dec 15 with 284 views26_Paz

Joint statement calling for stopping of xmas mixing on 17:54 - Dec 15 by eireblue

I am sure that Paz, like me, is so surprised that this Covid-19 malarkey is still a thing.

With everybody being responsible and just assessing their risk, taking sensible precautions and you know using common sense, why hasn’t CV-19 just gone away.

Something weird must be going on. Either that or people are just stupidly passing on the infection and as long as they are okay, they are not bothered.

I doubt it will ever not be a thing but hopefully soon it’s much, much less of a thing!

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024